It all started with a Google Doc, which outlined the products she uses to keep her skin clear. Rio now writes about beauty products for us full-time. Shes not a professional, shes just crazy.
Photo: Courtesy of the vendors
Its wild to think that just as recently as three years ago, COSRX the hugely popular Seoul-based brand now sold in Urban Outfitters, Ulta, and Rickys was known only by U.S.based skin-care sleuths (the folks like me who lurked around the r/Asian beauty subreddits, YouTube, and blogs like Fiddy Shades of Snail). Nowadays, it would be difficult to find an Instagram shelfie that didnt feature one of COSRXs clean, medicinal-looking bottles. Even the most entry level of skin-care lovers have at least heard of the brands game-changing cabinet staple: the Pimple Patch, which sucks up excess oil in the skin, flattening your zit significantly over night.
It doesnt surprise me in the least that COSRX has had such a quick rise to fame. Its products are cheap (most are under $20), and more importantly, their straight-to-the point formulas really, really work. I have incredibly reactive, acne- and eczema-prone skin, and not once has a COSRX product broken me out or triggered an eczema flare up. Since I am such a COSRX nut, and can confidently say Ive relentlessly tested every single one of its (ever-widening) array of products, I decided to compile a list of my favorites all of which are worth owning, if you dont already.
COSRX Hydrium Triple Hyaluronic Moisture Ampoule
A relatively new launch from COSRX is this moisturizing hyaluronic acid serum. Its basically a winter soldier in a bottle, combining skin-conditioning glycerin and three different types of hyaluronic acids to deeply hydrate. This also sinks into skin immediately, unlike similar serums like The Ordinarys, which tends to leave an unappealing sticky, wet feeling. If youre struggling with wintertime-related chapped skin, or are just in the market for an affordable and seriously effective hyaluronic acid serum, this is a great choice.
COSRX Ultimate Nourishing Rice Overnight Spa Mask
This suitable-for-just-about-every-skin-type cream is packed with niacinamide, one of my favorite ingredients for healing and brightening, as well as with rice extract, which conditions. My dry, acne-prone skin adores this moisturizer (I put it on as the last step in my routine before bed), but I have pals with much oilier complexions who also adore it and say that it doesnt make them feel greasy or clogged up. If COSRX Hyaluronic Acid Serum is too thick for you, this is a great, lighter-weight (yet still moisturizing) alternative.
COSRX Advanced Snail 92 All In One Cream
You may have heard of COSRX cult-favorite snail mucin essence (more on that later), but have you heard about the cream version?I dont use this product as a night cream personally, I find it a touch too sticky to wear all over my face, though if you dont mind the texture, it does work wonders for healing any blemishes or otherwise damaged skin (like wind-swept cheeks!). Instead, per the advice of my skin-care guru Fiddy Snails, I use this daily under my eyes as an intensely nourishing, smoothing, and replenishing eye cream. Its thick without being pore-clogging, and has helped so much with my fine lines (it has also helped me avoid any concealer creasing whatsoever this winter). Plus, you get a giant jar for a third of the price of a standard Sephora eye cream and, frankly, it works better than any fancy eye cream Ive ever used (including my old Banana Brightening Cream from Ole Henriksen).
COSRX Triple C Lightning Liquid
Popular vitamin C serums on the market, like Glossiers Superglow or Klairs Freshly Juiced vitamin C serum, contain a concentration of around 510 percent vitamin C. COSRX vitamin C serum, however, contains a whopping 20.5 percent higher than even the extremists at Drunk Elephant, whose serum contains only 15 percent vitamin C. The only thing to say about this product is that it just really, really works after a couple weeks of consistent use, you will notice fading of dark spots and an overall brightness in your complexion. If you like Drunk Elephants Vita C, you must try this for half the price.
COSRX AHA 7 Whitehead Power Liquid
COSRX BHA Blackhead Liquid
Put simply: These exfoliants will deeply scrub your skin, leaving a brighter, baby smooth complexion behind. The AHA White Head Power Liquid formula below is made up of glycolic acid and niacinamide, which means its great for tackling on-the-surface issues like dullness, uneven skin tone, or hyperpigmentation. And the BHA Blackhead Power Liquid formula is great for anyone struggling with inflammatory or acne issues (it uses Betaine Salicylate, an exfoliant that penetrates deeper into the skin to break down sebum, as well as White Willow Bark, which can help decrease redness and inflammation). Use this exfoliant right after washing your face, wait as long as you can (20 minutes is recommended), and then proceed with the next step in your skin-care routine. Lot of exfoliants on the market are a blend of AHA and BHA its pretty rare to find exfoliants stripped down this much so you can really exfoliate depending on your concerns. Lots of people like to use both products on different parts of their face: the AHA on areas where they suffer more with pigmentation problems, and BHA where they struggle with acne.
COSRX AC Collection Ultimate Spot Cream
In my opinion, this is one of the most slept-on hits of COSRX. Unlike a lot of spot treatments that are high in benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid (which can dry out or irritate your skin when used too frequently), this treatment has primarily calming and soothing ingredients: aloe vera, centella, and calamine, all of which help knock redness and general irritation around zits. The second you notice a suspicious bump pop up, this is what you should use: Its totally non-irritating or abrasive, and you will notice the size and swelling of a zit go down straight away.
COSRX Galactomyces Essence
This is a beautiful, effective, and affordable essence to integrate into your routine if youre struggling with acne, texture, dull, or dry skin. Its jam packed with 96 percent galactomyces ferment filtrate, an ingredient that helps restore and brighten the skin. It also has niacinamide, a workhorse ingredient thats incredible for healing and brightening up any dark spots or pigmentation. This can be incorporated into your routine easily niacinamide is an amazing ingredient that can be used alongside exfoliants (AHAs and BHAs), retinol, and vitamin C. With consistent use, youll notice a big improvement on the overall state of your skin. I like to use this daily, after exfoliating.
COSRX Hyaluronic Acid Intensive Cream
One of the best affordable, ultra-rich nighttime creams for winter out there. The two main ingredients of this cream are hippophae rhamnoides water (or water derived from sea-buckthorn berry), which is deeply healing and moisturizing, as well as hyaluronic acid. This is an absolute staple of mine thats saved my skin time and time again from winter dryness and irritation. If you suffer from ultra-parched skin, or if youre looking for an affordable way to battle winter scalies, this is the cream for you.
COSRX Advanced Snail Mucin Power Essence
This blend of hyaluronic acid, snail mucin, and panthenol (an ingredient that has both hydrating and reparative properties) makes for one of the best healing, brightening, and moisturizing essences on the market. This do-it-all essence can combat practically any issues whether it be dullness, dryness, or acne. Even though this is technically an essence, the formula is so thick I like to apply it as the last step before my moisturizer.
COSRX Centella Blemish Cream
This cream is my go-to for healing any kind of scabs or old acne. When you have a scab, it canbe tempting to want to dry it out so that its easier to pick off. This is actually the complete opposite of what you should do: Its been proven that making sure the affected area is as moisturized as possible aids in speeding up the healing time of a pimple. And this cream is exactly what you need to ensure that your annoying little scab gets enough reparative and hydrating treatment to help it move out of your life faster. The formula of this product is made up primarily of ultra-healing centella asiatica leaf water, plus vitamin Erich sunflower oil (another ingredient great for healing compromised skin), as well as Glycerin, a rich skin-conditioning ingredient. I use this anytime I have a weird, picked at scab that I need to get rid of, and it works wonders.
COSRX Acne Pimple Master Patch
In addition to sucking up all that excess oil in your skin and flattening zits out in as fast as one night, as a picker, these little flexible, clear hydrocolloid circles have saved me from myself time and time again. When in doubt (or if youre about to tear into your skin), put a patch on it!
Actually good deals, smart shopping advice, and exclusive discounts.
The Strategist is designed to surface the most useful, expert recommendations for things to buy across the vast e-commerce landscape. Some of our latest conquests include the best acne treatments, rolling luggage, pillows for side sleepers, natural anxiety remedies, and bath towels. We update links when possible, but note that deals can expire and all prices are subject to change.
View original post here:
The 12 COSRX Products Every Skin-Care Fiend Should Have - New York Magazine
- What To Know About CBD And Eczema - The Fresh Toast - June 17th, 2020
- Eczema rash: The warning sign your skin condition has developed an infection - Express - June 17th, 2020
- Eczema cream: Dermatologists reveal the top three emollients to relieve itchy, sore skin - Express.co.uk - June 17th, 2020
- Atopic Eczema Treatment Market Analysis, Top Manufacturers, Share, Growth, Statistics, Opportunities and Forecast To 2026 - Cole of Duty - June 17th, 2020
- All about inflammation - Harvard Health - Harvard Health - June 17th, 2020
- Get rid of skin diseases with Swami Ramdev's yoga asanas, pranayamas and home remedies - India TV News - June 17th, 2020
- Elizabeth Gilbert had 18 months with the love of her life. Here's what she knows about grief. - Mamamia - June 17th, 2020
- Skincare science and the microbiome - Nutritional Outlook - June 17th, 2020
- COVID 19 Prevention: The Good, The Bad and The Other. - Adventist News Network - June 17th, 2020
- Is Multi-Moisturizing the New Multi-Masking? All Signs Point to Yes - Well+Good - June 17th, 2020
- 3 ways to get rid of eczema and prevent flare ups - Insider - INSIDER - June 6th, 2020
- Binghamton biomedical researchers get closer to why eczema happens - Binghamton University - June 6th, 2020
- Eczema treatment - the 1 natural oil to protect against dry and itchy skin at home - Express - June 6th, 2020
- Acupuncture For Fertility And TCM Improve Chances Of Conception And Pregnancy And Mitigates Side Effects Of IVF Treatment - Press Release - Digital... - June 6th, 2020
- 6 types of eczema: Symptoms and causes - May 25th, 2020
- Eczema rash: The one surprising irritant you may be wearing - Express - May 25th, 2020
- Eczema treatment: The best oil to prevent dry skin - and you've probably got it at home - Express.co.uk - May 25th, 2020
- Happy Hands, Part 2: Best Hand Creams In The House And On The Road - Forbes - May 25th, 2020
- Preventing Coronavirus Exposure When You Have Psoriasis and Eczema - Everyday Health - April 9th, 2020
- Natural Moisturizers That Will Soothe Dry Skin From All Your Hand Washing - HuffPost Canada - April 9th, 2020
- Here's Why Regenerons Stock Is Worth More Than Its Coronavirus Work - Motley Fool - April 9th, 2020
- 1 protein in the skin kickstarts a pesky itch - Futurity: Research News - April 9th, 2020
- The 9 Best Bath Salts and Soaks of 2020 Reviews - Allure - April 9th, 2020
- Covid-19: Frequent hand-washing, sanitising giving rise to skin problems - New Straits Times Online - April 9th, 2020
- Scientists identify a protein that switches on allergic itching - New Atlas - April 9th, 2020
- Do You Have 'Iso Skin'? Why Your Face Is Freaking Out And How To Fix It - 10 daily - April 9th, 2020
- 5 best skin care products to help with stress, according to Dr. Pimple Popper - TODAY - April 9th, 2020
- Shop a Revolutionary Hand Sanitizer For Sensitive Skin - DuJour - dujour.com - April 9th, 2020
- Eczema, dermatitis and how to treat dry, flaky and itchy skin - ABC News - March 24th, 2020
- Best ways to treat eczema - Daily Monitor - March 24th, 2020
- This $4 Hand Cream Has Allowed Me to Wash My Eczema-Ridden Hands Ten Times a Day - New York Magazine - March 24th, 2020
- Hand-washing over coronavirus has created a dry skin epidemic - what to do - Coventry Telegraph - March 24th, 2020
- Coronavirus: How to properly care for dry hands caused by hand-washing and sanitiser, according to dermatologists - The Independent - March 24th, 2020
- 10 Products That Delighted Us Last Week: From Track Suits to Tarot Decks - New York Magazine - March 24th, 2020
- Atopic dermatitis (eczema) - Symptoms and causes - Mayo Clinic - March 9th, 2020
- Mum says son with eczema was able to have his first bubble bath thanks to new product - Manchester Evening News - March 9th, 2020
- View: Can daily application of an emollient from birth prevent the development of atopic eczema? - Hospital Healthcare Europe - March 9th, 2020
- Heart attack symptoms: The painful skin condition that could increase risk by 50 percent - Express - March 9th, 2020
- 'The best emollient is one the patient uses' - prescribing emollients in primary care - Pulse - March 9th, 2020
- Woman tells of how 17 beauty product massively improved her eczema - RSVP Live - March 9th, 2020
- How to Heal Dry, Cracked Hands From Washing Your Hands So Damn Much - Self - March 9th, 2020
- Eczema sufferer reveals that Dragon's Den product dramatically improved her skin - FM104 - March 9th, 2020
- Dealing with stress: How it affects your skin and what to do about it - Gulf Today - March 9th, 2020
- Love Being Outdoors? Protect Your Skin All Year - Osprey Observer - March 9th, 2020
- How to keep your hands clean without getting dry skin - The Guardian - March 9th, 2020
- Eczema: Definition, Causes, Treatments, and Pictures - February 29th, 2020
- Eczema: Symptoms, treatment, and causes - February 29th, 2020
- 7 Types of Eczema: Symptoms, Causes, and Pictures - February 29th, 2020
- 'Life-changing': Calls for eczema drug to be PBS listed to help with mental health - The Sydney Morning Herald - February 29th, 2020
- Daily moisturizers ineffective in preventing Eczema - Medical Herald - February 29th, 2020
- How stress affects your skin and what to do about it, according to experts - The Independent - February 29th, 2020
- Are You Getting Any? I Used To Think Casual Sex Was Shameful Now Its Fun - VICE UK - February 29th, 2020
- Skin allergies - The Nation - January 27th, 2020
- Charlize Theron thought daughter looked like a 'lizard' - The Laconia Daily Sun - January 27th, 2020
- Man tormented by severe eczema took heroin overdose to kill himself - Lancashire Telegraph - January 27th, 2020
- Eczema: Does this unsightly skin condition worsen with age? Experts have their say - Express - January 25th, 2020
- Ease The Symptoms Of Eczema With The Aid Of This Natural Herb - International Business Times - January 25th, 2020
- Best supplements for eczema: This natural herb could help ease symptoms of the condition - Express - January 25th, 2020
- Dry Eyelids: Heres Exactly How to Treat Them, According to Dermatologists - Self - January 25th, 2020
- Eczema treatment: How to exercise without causing a flare-up - four key tips - Express - January 25th, 2020
- Girl with severe eczema told her mum she 'didn't want to look at herself in the mirror' - she's now a model - Manchester Evening News - January 25th, 2020
- Girl, 8, whose eczema is so severe it turns skin purple lands dream job with M&S - Mirror Online - January 25th, 2020
- Dupixent (dupilumab) available to treat adolescents with moderate to severe atopic dermatitis in Scotland1 - PharmiWeb.com - January 25th, 2020
- Girl with severe eczema told mum 'I don't want to look at myself in the mirror' - Liverpool Echo - January 25th, 2020
- Charlize Theron recounts the 1st moment she met her daughter - Today.com - January 25th, 2020
- Dupixent (dupilumab), accepted for restricted use within NHS Wales for the treatment of moderate to severe atopic dermatitis in adolescents aged 12 -... - January 25th, 2020
- Im a dermatologist, and these are the mistakes I see people make when treating eczema - Well+Good - January 18th, 2020
- Alitretinoin an Effective Option in Children With Hand Eczema - Dermatology Advisor - January 18th, 2020
- News Local mom and engineer starts soap company inspired by her son with eczema Anu Prakash - WXYZ - January 18th, 2020
- Sheffield study of newborn babies seeks to prevent eczema - The Star - January 18th, 2020
- Putting the Pro in Probiotics | Nutrition and Fitness | iosconews.com - Iosco County News Herald - January 18th, 2020
- Itchy face: Causes, symptoms, and treatment - Medical News Today - January 18th, 2020
- 4 things to know about eczema - WRAL.com - January 18th, 2020
- Bucks students urged to think before they comment on eczema - Mix 96 - January 18th, 2020
- John Turturro On The Future Of HBOs The Night Of TCA - Deadline - January 18th, 2020
- 12 Itchy Skin Treatments That Work, According to Dermatologists - Prevention.com - January 18th, 2020
- Global Eczema Therapeutics Market 2020-2024| Evolving Opportunities with AbbVie Inc. and Bayer AG | Technavio - Business Wire - December 17th, 2019
- I started my coffee body scrub business with 450 now its turned over 15m and Maisie Smith is a fan - The Sun - December 17th, 2019
- Common Itching Causes and Fixes, According to Dermatologists - Yahoo Lifestyle - December 17th, 2019
- Kane Biotech Launches Consumer Product Test for an Innovative Shampoo Containing its Patented Anti-Biofilm Technology - GlobeNewswire - December 17th, 2019