SyncThink, which uses a virtual reality headset and eye-tracking to perform neurotechnology and brain health analytics, said it has partnered with two clinic chains that can use the tech to evaluate patients for brain health and concussion risk.
The Comprehensive Concussion Care (C3) and Brain Fitness Centers of Florida will use the VR-based Eye-Sync system to help diagnose patients who have cognitive impairment or possible concussions.
The additions of C3 and Brain Fitness Centers of Florida join an expanding roster of clinical partners that include top institutions like Massachusetts General Hospital, Wentworth-Douglass, Houston Methodist, Childrens National Hospital, and Stanford Childrens Hospital.
Brain Fitness Centers of Florida provides individualized cognitive rehabilitation programs serving patients with a loss of brain function, mild cognitive impairment, and early dementia.
They also specialize in diagnosis and treatment of mild traumatic brain injury. The centers focus on creating customizable cognitive training programs that can be taught in a one-on-one setting and modified as needed to best suit the patients needs. These programs are based on the extensive clinical and research efforts of founder Stephen Scranton.
We at Brain Fitness Centers of Florida are excited to implement Eye-Sync to assess brain trauma and age-related neurophysiologic and neuroanatomic dysfunction, Scranton said in a statement. It will add a valuable methodology for data collection needed in the diagnosis and post-treatment assessment of therapy.
Above: Eye-Sync kit helps clinics evaluate brain injuries.
Image Credit: SyncThink
C3 is a multidisciplinary clinic in the Kansas City area that specializes in the multi-system approach to concussion management. The clinic acts as the referral source for local health care practices, emergency departments, community sports programs, and employers, allowing the public immediate post-injury access to advanced clinical specialists.
And C3 is known for utilizing an extensive evaluation process to identify the source of concussion-related symptoms, which allows for an individualized treatment program to target any dysfunctions identified. The team works closely with other community-based clinicians to guide return to learning and play in a safe and effective manner.
It has been said that the eyes are the gateway to the brain. This is certainly true for concussion patients, who often struggle with ocular pain, visual impairment, light sensitivity, or eye movement dysfunction after a head injury. For clinicians treating concussion, this requires training and understanding of the ocular system and how to best manage visual sensory motor dysfunction, said C3 cofounder Tim Kalkman in a statement. Our partnership and use of the Eye-Sync platform now provides us the ability to utilize objective assessments and clinic-based vision training options for our patients and to more readily advance them to a full recovery. We are happy to be the first clinic in the Kansas City metro area to offer the FDA-cleared Eye-Sync mobile platform to our concussion patients.
Eye-Sync uses high-speed, high-fidelity infrared cameras to capture the subtlest eye movements, many of which cannot be observed through a standard clinical evaluation.
Depending on the type of eye movement, a clinician can utilize this objective analysis to decipher between brain systems that may be performing poorly or are impaired. The technology is a leader in the objective measurement of clinical subtypes commonly identified in conditions like concussion and was recently designated by the FDA as a Breakthrough Device for aid to concussion assessment, recognizing the potential to solve an important unmet need.
SyncThink said it has 30 published peer-reviewed papers and 14 granted patents and is being used by more than 20 universities. The company has 12 employees and has raised $7.1 million in investor funds. It also received $36 million in non-dilutive military funding.
Read this article:
- MOBILE BIOMETRICS MARKET TRENDS, TECHNOLOGY AND FORECAST | BY TOP COMPANIES APPLE INC.; IDEMIA; NUANCE COMMUNICATIONS Cole of Duty - Cole of Duty - July 8th, 2020
- Image Recognition Market Potential Growth, Share, Demand and Analysis of Key Players Research Forecasts - Apsters News - July 8th, 2020
- Global Neurotechnology Market to Witness Rapid Development During the Period 2017 2025 - Jewish Life News - July 5th, 2020
- Fingerprint Biometrics in VAR Market Overview With Detailed Analysis, Competitive Landscape, Forecast to 2026|Delaney Secure, Neurotechnology, 360... - July 5th, 2020
- Neurotechnology Market by Technology, Solutions, Application, Price, Demand Ana - News by aeresearch - July 5th, 2020
- Technological Advancements in Automatic Speech Recognition Software Market to boost Revenues Through COVID-19 Crisis Phase and Forecast to 2029 - NJ... - July 5th, 2020
- Face Recognition Market IN COVID-19: IMPLICATIONS AND BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES FOR GROWTH GLOBALLY - 3rd Watch News - July 5th, 2020
- COVID-19 Impact on Neurotechnology Market Research Report, Growth Trends and Competitive Analysis 2020-2025 - 3rd Watch News - June 1st, 2020
- Neuroverse BrainStation System Featured as the Brain-based Sleep Monitoring Solution in a YouTube Originals Series to Promote Sleep Awareness -... - June 1st, 2020
- Facial Recognition Market Analysis 2019-2025 Emerging Trends, Growth Drivers, Challengers, Services, Competitive Landscape and Regional Outlook &... - June 1st, 2020
- Facial Recognition System Market Drivers is Responsible to for Increasing Market Share, Forecast 2026 - Cole of Duty - June 1st, 2020
- VTB Bank to launch research centre in Russia with Skolkovo Foundation - Verdict - May 27th, 2020
- Neurotechnology tops FVC-onGoing biometric test results with fingerprint recognition tech - Biometric Update - May 23rd, 2020
- Global Neurotechnology Market SHARE, SIZE 2020| EMERGING RAPIDLY WITH LATEST TRENDS, GROWTH, REVENUE, DEMAND AND FORECAST TO 2026 Cole Reports - Cole... - May 23rd, 2020
- Will Elon Musk's Neuralink Shape the Future of Humanity? - Oxford Student - May 23rd, 2020
- Facial Recognition Market Global Future Investment Initiatives, Growing with Technology Development, New Innovations, Competitive Analysis and... - May 23rd, 2020
- Smell cameras built to detect explosives on planes - The Nation - May 11th, 2020
- Elon Musk Really Is A Huge Gearhead (These Facts Prove It) - TheThings - May 11th, 2020
- Airbus working on sensors that can detect coronavirus - International Business Times, Singapore Edition - May 11th, 2020
- Fingerprint Biometrics In The VAR Market Analysis, Size, Outlook, Competitive Strategies and Forecasts to 2025 - Herald Writeup - May 11th, 2020
- Navigating the New Normal With COVID-19: 12 Essential Actions Executives Need To Take Right Now - OPEN MINDS - April 18th, 2020
- Discover How to Easily Teach Neuroscience to Your Kids - Thrive Global - April 18th, 2020
- CHIME: How Yale's Engineers and Doctors are Innovating to Combat COVID-19 - Yale News - April 18th, 2020
- The Coronavirus is Driving the 1st World Headlong into The Fourth Industrial Revolution - Live Trading News - April 18th, 2020
- The Global Face Recognition Market is expected to grow from USD 3,546.56 Million in 2019 to USD 9,992.35 Million by the end of 2025 at a Compound... - April 18th, 2020
- Neurotechnology Market Forecast with Top Companies, Growth Factors, Classification, Regional Analysis, Development Factors and Bedding Fabrics... - March 31st, 2020
- MOBILE BIOMETRICS MARKET TRENDS, TECHNOLOGY AND FORECAST | BY TOP COMPANIES APPLE INC.; IDEMIA; NUANCE COMMUNICATIONS, INC.; NEC CORPORATION - Skyline... - March 31st, 2020
- Face Recognition Market Discover How Increased Adoption of Among Developing Economies Offers A Major Opportunity in Industry - Skyline Gazette - March 31st, 2020
- Stryker to participate in Cowen 40th Annual Health Care Conference - Yahoo Finance - February 26th, 2020
- Non-fiction reviews: One Blade of Grass and three other titles - The Sydney Morning Herald - February 14th, 2020
- Elon Musk promises to have the Neuralink brain chip in a human this year - Inceptive Mind - February 9th, 2020
- CES 2020: The symbiosis of human and machine - The Drum - January 29th, 2020
- Stryker (SYK) to Report Q4 Earnings: What's in the Cards? - Yahoo Finance - January 29th, 2020
- United States Air Force Plans to "Aim High" Leveraging the Science of Neuroplasticity - Yahoo Finance - January 26th, 2020
- MarketsandMarkets forecasts the global facial recognition market size to grow from USD 3.2 billion in 2019 to USD 7.0 billion by 2024, at a CAGR of... - January 26th, 2020
- Wearable technology drives Phoenix to be leader in innovation - AZ Big Media - January 26th, 2020
- Eli Lilly's Acquisition Strategy, And Other News: The Good, Bad And Ugly Of Biopharma - Seeking Alpha - January 26th, 2020
- Neurotechnology Market Trends, Key Players, Overview, Competitive Breakdown and Regional Forecast by 2025 - Filmi Baba - December 26th, 2019
- designboom 2020 TECH PREDICTIONS: cyborgs and brainjacking - Designboom - December 26th, 2019
- Neurotechnology firm partners two care facilities with eye movement platform - Med-Tech Innovation - December 13th, 2019
- These were the 15 best CEOs of 2019 - Business Insider - December 12th, 2019
- Worldwide Facial Recognition Market Latest Research By Business Expansion Plans, Industry Demand Status & Forecast 2028 - Tech News Today - December 12th, 2019
- Neurotechnology Market Report 2019 | Industry Size, Share, Trend And Forecast Is A Professional And In-Depth Study By 2026 - Alpha News Report - December 6th, 2019
- Trying to read the 'mind of a group' shapes our decisions online - Futurity: Research News - December 6th, 2019
- Global Facial Recognition Market Top Key Players, Regions and Application Outlook Upto 2019 to 2028 - Industry Planning - December 6th, 2019
- Neurotechnology startup NextMind unveils world's first brain-sensing wearable that delivers real-time device control with just your thoughts -... - November 23rd, 2019
- NextMind Unveils World's First Brain-Sensing Wearable That Delivers Real-Time Device Control With Just Your Thoughts - Business Wire - November 23rd, 2019
- Neurotechnology and the Future of Hope - Robotics Tomorrow (press release) - August 25th, 2017
- Canaccord Genuity Keeps Rating And Raises Price Target On Stryker Corporation (SYK) - Modern Readers - August 25th, 2017
- Technology Key to Fighting Neurological Disease - R & D Magazine - August 25th, 2017
- Could this back-pain device end need for opioids? - The Columbus Dispatch - August 20th, 2017
- In the Future, Humans Will Use Brain to Brain Communication and Download Their Memories If Elon Musk Has His Way - Newsweek - August 14th, 2017
- Open-source Morpheo Platform to Use Artificial Intelligence to Help Diagnose Sleep Disorders - Sleep Review - August 8th, 2017
- Stryker Exceeded Analysts' Sales Estimates in 2Q17 - Market Realist - August 2nd, 2017
- Elon Musk talks of his life's 'highs' and 'lows' in a few painfully honest tweets - Mashable - July 31st, 2017
- Team Neurotechnology Innovations Translator - July 30th, 2017
- Stryker Corporation (NYSE:SYK) and Uroplasty (UPI) Financial Survey - Stock Observer - July 29th, 2017
- Tufts Hosts Engineering Conference - Tufts Now - July 28th, 2017
- Stryker reports 6.1% Q2 growth, installs 26 Mako systems: 7 things ... - Becker's Orthopedic & Spine - July 28th, 2017
- Arshya Vahabzadeh: Innovating at the Intersection of Brain, Behavior, and Technology - HuffPost - July 27th, 2017
- Capstone Asset Management Company Has Boosted By $555078 Its Raytheon Co (RTN) Holding, Stryker (SYK)'s ... - Herald KS - July 26th, 2017
- Trivascular Technologies (TRIV) & Stryker Corporation (SYK) Critical Review - Stock Observer - July 26th, 2017
- fMRI, EEG Tests May Detect Consciousness in Severe TBI Patients - PsychCentral.com - July 24th, 2017
- BRAIN center gathers to ponder future, direction - Arizona State University - July 20th, 2017
- Preserving the Right to Cognitive Liberty - Scientific American - July 19th, 2017
- Comparing Uroplasty (UPI) and Stryker Corporation (NYSE:SYK) - The Cerbat Gem - July 18th, 2017
- Insider Activity Stryker Corporation (NYSE:SYK) - Highlight Press - July 15th, 2017
- Neurotechnology: 5 braincomputer interface innovations - Red Bull - Red Bull - July 12th, 2017
- DARPA invests further in neurotechnology - SD Times - SDTimes.com - July 11th, 2017
- Infinitely Flexible 3D Printing with Ultrasonic Manipulation? - ENGINEERING.com - July 11th, 2017
- HIRREM Neurotechnology Better Than Placebo for Insomnia - Sleep Review - July 10th, 2017
- What is NIT? Neurotechnology Innovations Translator - July 5th, 2017
- Mind-blowing ultrasonic 'printer' uses lasers and high-frequency sound to assemble electronics - Digital Trends - July 1st, 2017
- Neurotechnology Explains Ultrasonic Manipulation in 3D Printing - 3DPrint.com - June 30th, 2017
- Neurotechnology Develops 3D Printing Method with Non-Contact Ultrasonic Manipulation Technology - 3DPrint.com - June 26th, 2017
- Neurotechnology makes a number of updates to the MegaMatcher product line - Biometric Update - June 23rd, 2017
- Neurotechnology adds face recognition, tracking to video surveillance systems; researchers win competition - Biometric Update - June 23rd, 2017
- SentiVeillance Server - Face Recognition and Analytics to Video Management Systems - Officer.com (press release) (registration) (blog) - June 22nd, 2017
- Brain data, neurotechnology and education | code acts in ... - June 21st, 2017
- Neurotechnology Announces SentiVeillance Server Facial Recognition Solution - findBIOMETRICS - June 21st, 2017