Bitcoin's price has rallied, posting positive price structure, but it is still too soon to declare a ... [+] longer-term trend change, analyst John Bollinger explained. (Photo by INA FASSBENDER / AFP) (Photo by INA FASSBENDER/AFP via Getty Images)
[Ed note: Investing in cryptocoins or tokens is highly speculative and the market is largely unregulated. Anyone considering it should be prepared to lose their entire investment.]
January has yielded several bouts of upward price action for bitcoin as the asset looks back on an overall positive start to 2020. John Bollinger, financial analyst, trader, author and originator of the Bollinger Bands technical chart indicator, said he sees positive structure on bitcoins chart, but its too soon to declare a longer-term bullish trend reversal.
Im very constructive on bitcoins price right now, Bollinger told me in an interview on January 27, 2020 while bitcoins held near $8,800. Weve completed a meaningful bottom formation, he added referring to bitcoins price chart.
We broke out, pulled back from very short term, made a little test of the breakout level and rallied higher, Bollinger continued. Bitcoin then proceeded to fall back to the midline of the Bollinger Band indicator before bouncing and heading higher in price, he added.
After starting 2019 below the $4,000 mark, bitcoin experienced an exuberant price run between April and June 2019, taking the asset up past $13,800 per coin by Junes end, according to Coinbases BTC chart on TradingView.com Bitcoins price fell on difficult times in the latter half of 2019, however, posting successive lower rally attempts until the end of the year, signaling the presence of a downward bearish price trend.
In contrast, 2020 so far has yielded positive price action for cryptos pioneer asset. Bitcoin began the year around the $7,000 mark, posting a seeming bottom-like price formation, as Bollinger mentioned. The asset has since rallied in price from its chart bottom near $7,000.
Most recently, bitcoin rose from approximately $7,700 to almost $9,200 on January 19. The coin then fell down to $8,250 by January 24, finding support in that region before rallying to a press time price of $9,265.
Its a pretty constructive pattern, Bollinger said, adding to his initial comments. The expert noted bitcoin formed its price chart base pattern between November 2019 and early January 2020. So far were progressing pretty well, he said.
Bollinger pointed to a tweet he posted on January 23 which expressed that bitcoins pullback to the middle Bollinger Band near $8,300 made sense as a support level.
I pointed out on Twitter a couple days ago that what bitcoin needed to do was hold support here at the middle Bollinger Band, and thats exactly what its done, Bollinger told me.
It held support. Weve had two days of rally now and I think the price of bitcoin looks higher.
Bitcoins recent rally begs the question has cryptos top asset broken its downtrend that began last summer? I think its a little bit early to be convinced of that, Bollinger said.
We just made an intermediate term bottom and just started up we need some more evidence here in terms of a bigger picture, but I think the outlook is pretty constructive right now.
Crypto trader and Brave New Coin analyst Josh Olszewicz (CarpeNoctom onTwitter) expressed similar sentiment on January 28. Well know how bullish we are in two weeks, Olszewicz told me in a Telegram message. Mentioning multiple charting signals, including the Ichimoku Cloud and a moving average golden cross, the trader added, All trend metrics point bullish soon.
Additionally, Olszewicz said his statement applies to the entire crypto market. This is across the board on everything, not just BTC, he noted.
Despite bitcoins exuberant history and optimistic charts, some folks still remain bearish on the asset as a whole, including Berkshire Hathaway CEO Warren Buffett, who called bitcoin a gambling device in 2019, according to a CNBC report.
Disclaimer: I actively trade cryptocurrencies, as well as hold a small amount of BTC, ETH, LTC, XMR, NEO, ZEC, BEAM, BCH, DASH, LINK, XTZ andvarious insignificant other altcoin positions.
Originally posted here:
Still Too Early To Declare Longer-Term Bitcoin Trend Change - Forbes
- Bitcoin analysts explain what's next in the aftermath of BTC plunging to $16.2K - Cointelegraph - November 29th, 2020
- Bitcoin plunges by nearly $3,000 after closing in on its all-time record - CNBC - November 29th, 2020
- Veteran Analyst Says BTC Might See Further Correction but 'Prices Have Not Topped' | Markets and Prices - Bitcoin News - November 29th, 2020
- Bitcoin's Carnivore Cult Is Both Stupid and Correct - CoinDesk - Coindesk - November 29th, 2020
- Ether, XRP and other 'altcoins' rally as bitcoin heads for all-time high - CNBC - November 29th, 2020
- Why Bitcoin price just hit $19,000 for the first time in 3 years - Cointelegraph - November 29th, 2020
- Mike Novogratz: Everyone Should Put 2% to 3% of Their Net Worth in Bitcoin | News - Bitcoin News - November 29th, 2020
- Will 'money printer go brrr' rob Bitcoin of its all-time high? - Cointelegraph - November 29th, 2020
- Why Is Bitcoin's Price Rising? Here Are a Few Possible Answers - CoinDesk - November 29th, 2020
- Bitcoin faces this final resistance zone before $20K all-time high - Cointelegraph - November 29th, 2020
- OKEx Sees Biggest Bitcoin Outflow in 8 Months After Resuming Withdrawals - CoinDesk - CoinDesk - November 29th, 2020
- EURST Stablecoin Reinvention of the European Economy | Sponsored - Bitcoin News - November 29th, 2020
- Bitcoin Trades Again Near Record, Driven by New Group of Buyers - The Wall Street Journal - November 29th, 2020
- Should you invest in Bitcoin and how to do it - Telegraph.co.uk - November 29th, 2020
- Russian Hospitalized After Bitcoin Mining Farm Sets Apartment on Fire - CoinDesk - CoinDesk - November 29th, 2020
- Bitcoin shoots past $18,000 for the first time since December 2017 - CNBC - November 18th, 2020
- As Bitcoin Surges 15%, Here's What Wall Street's Saying About The Cryptocurrency's Meteoric Resurgence - Forbes - November 18th, 2020
- Bitcoin rockets past $18,000. The all-time high is in sight - CNN - November 18th, 2020
- This time is different 10 Bitcoin charts show that this rally isnt like 2017s - Cointelegraph - November 18th, 2020
- Bitcoin rises over $18,000 and touches record market value, exceeding its 2017 top - MarketWatch - November 18th, 2020
- Bitcoin Is Nearing a Record High. Heres How Much Higher It Can Go. - Barron's - November 18th, 2020
- Bitcoin breaks above $16,000 for the first time since January 2018 - CNBC - November 18th, 2020
- Why Bitcoin Thrives (and Why It Won't Replace the Dollar) - CoinDesk - November 18th, 2020
- This $29B Asset Advisory Is Giving Wealth Managers and Clients a Bitcoin On-Ramp - CoinDesk - November 18th, 2020
- Bitcoin Unlimited Hosts Week-Long Hackathon to Bolster the Future of Finance | Technology - Bitcoin News - November 18th, 2020
- The Bitcoin price has only been higher than now for 12 days in its history - Cointelegraph - November 18th, 2020
- Market Wrap: Bitcoin Ascends to $16.8K; Uniswap and Tether 35% of Ethereum Transactions - CoinDesk - November 18th, 2020
- Hedge Fund Manager Brian Kelly Says Increasing Institutional Interest in Bitcoin Down to its Fixed Supply | Markets and Prices - Bitcoin News - November 18th, 2020
- Ray Dalio believes nations will outlaw Bitcoin if BTC price keeps rising - Cointelegraph - November 18th, 2020
- Cointelegraph Consulting: How the US election may impact Bitcoin price - Cointelegraph - November 18th, 2020
- S9 Resurrection: Higher Bitcoin Prices Allow Miners to Switch Outdated Mining Rigs Back On - Bitcoin News - November 18th, 2020
- 'Not My Cup of Tea': Jamie Dimon Is Still Not a Bitcoin Fan - CoinDesk - November 18th, 2020
- Bitcoin Trading Hits Nearly 3-Year High, Well Above $17,000 - NDTV Profit - November 18th, 2020
- A Legendary Hedge Fund Billionaire Just Flipped To BitcoinCalling It Better Than Gold - Forbes - November 18th, 2020
- Blockchain Bites: Bankrupted Cred's Missing Millions, Bitcoin Miners' Quarterly Losses and More - CoinDesk - November 18th, 2020
- Blockchain Bites: Bitcoin at $15K, $1B Silk Road Bust - CoinDesk - November 6th, 2020
- Bitcoin Price Spikes Over 9% as the Crypto Asset's Value Nears $15K | Market Updates - Bitcoin News - November 6th, 2020
- Buy bitcoin to play low interest rates and a friendly Fed, says trader who predicts 20% upside - CNBC - November 6th, 2020
- Bitcoin price hits $15K as daily gains top 9% and Trump Vs. Biden goes on - Cointelegraph - November 6th, 2020
- Iran Adopts Bitcoin for International Trade Amid Heavy Sanctions, Falling Rial, Soaring Inflation | Regulation - Bitcoin News - November 6th, 2020
- 5 signs that the real Bitcoin rally may only be just beginning - Cointelegraph - November 6th, 2020
- Is Bitcoin On A Moonshot To Its All Time High? - Forbes - November 6th, 2020
- Investor on why bitcoin is 'literally the biggest story I've seen,' may hit $1M and top gold's market cap - Yahoo Finance - November 6th, 2020
- Bitcoin doesn't care who wins the US election it will rise in value regardless of the outcome, a cryptocurrency fund chief says | Currency News |... - October 31st, 2020
- Bitcoin price hits $14,000 exactly 12 years after whitepaper released - Cointelegraph - October 31st, 2020
- Nearly 24% of Ether held on exchanges Three times the percentage of Bitcoin - Cointelegraph - October 31st, 2020
- The Hoff claims to have invented Bitcoin in 12th anniversary video - Cointelegraph - October 31st, 2020
- Want to retire rich on bitcoin? - MarketWatch - October 31st, 2020
- Getting down with the cool kids on bitcoin - The Economist - October 31st, 2020
- 3 reasons Bitcoin suddenly dropped 3% in 1 hour and recovered - Cointelegraph - October 31st, 2020
- Bitcoin.com Exchange Reveals Role in the Cryptopia Rescue Group | Promoted - Bitcoin News - October 31st, 2020
- 'David Hasselhoff Invented Bitcoin' - 9 Celebrities Wish Bitcoin a Happy Birthday | Featured - Bitcoin News - October 31st, 2020
- Blockcannan Partners With The Giants VISA, MASTERCARD And BITCOIN - GlobeNewswire - October 31st, 2020
- Unconfirmed transactions on Bitcoin network at highest level since 2017 - Cointelegraph - October 31st, 2020
- Kanye West: Bitcoiners Know the True Liberation of America and Humanity - Bitcoin News - October 31st, 2020
- FTX Increases Trump Futures Margins Before the Election, Biden Futures Lead by 64% - Bitcoin News - October 31st, 2020
- The number of Bitcoin whales hit an all-time high during the latest bull run - Cointelegraph - October 31st, 2020
- Bitcoin Supply on Ethereum Tops $1B - CoinDesk - CoinDesk - September 18th, 2020
- Its a bull trap! 3 key metrics forecast Bitcoin price rejection at $11K - Cointelegraph - September 18th, 2020
- Bitcoin sentiment at record lows Does it mean the price will go up? - Cointelegraph - September 18th, 2020
- Bitcoin will continue appreciating, although at a slower pace than in the past, Bloomberg analyst explains - Cointelegraph - September 18th, 2020
- Bitcoin whale cluster at $10,570 is the most important level right now - Cointelegraph - September 18th, 2020
- Bit Digital, Inc. Announced Officially to Cooperate with the World's Leading Bitcoin Colocation Partner In US - PRNewswire - September 18th, 2020
- Mad Money's Jim Cramer 'Fixated' on Buying Bitcoin, Fears Massive Inflation | News - Bitcoin News - September 18th, 2020
- Bank of England talks negative interest rates in best ad for Bitcoin - Cointelegraph - September 18th, 2020
- Tevoro.com Announces New Book Revealing What's Missing from Bitcoin, Ethereum and Other Cryptocurrencies - PRNewswire - September 18th, 2020
- Philippines SEC warns of cloud mining Ponzi related to Bitcoin Vault - Cointelegraph - September 18th, 2020
- How Bitcoin Correlations Drive the Narrative - CoinDesk - CoinDesk - September 18th, 2020
- First Mover: Bitcoin Investors the Sane Ones as Federal Reserve Cheers Inflation, Price Nears $11K - CoinDesk - CoinDesk - September 18th, 2020
- Bitcoin hardware devices need to improve to handle complex transactions - Cointelegraph - September 18th, 2020
- Bitcoins obituary and a Starbucks blockchain: Bad crypto news of the week - Cointelegraph - September 18th, 2020
- Bitcoin Unlimited Launches Two-Option Voting App Powered by Bitcoin Cash | Technology - Bitcoin News - September 18th, 2020
- Glen Oaks Escrow Announces It Assisted With Yet Another Bitcoin Transaction - PRNewswire - September 18th, 2020
- Heres why you really should own at least some bitcoin - MoneyWeek - September 18th, 2020
- India's Crypto Bill Omitted From Parliament Agenda While New Ban Report Appears - Bitcoin News - September 18th, 2020
- Would Bitcoin suffer if the lead maintainers were kidnapped by aliens? - Cointelegraph - September 18th, 2020
- Miny.CC Innovation in the Cryptocurrency Mining Sphere | Press release Bitcoin News - Bitcoin News - September 18th, 2020
- Bloomberg: Bitcoin shows first buy-signal since start of Corona - Crypto News Flash - September 18th, 2020
- Bitcoin Price Holds Key Support and Is on the Verge of Testing $10,000 - Cointelegraph - July 21st, 2020
- Bitcoin Interest Wanes As A Violent Breakout Looms - Forbes - July 21st, 2020