One of the most important countries to the cruise industry in Europe is set to reopen its ports to cruise ships.
The gateway to Western Mediterranean cruises is Spain, and it looks as though they will welcome back cruise ships next month.
Spain's Transport Minister is reported by Reuters to have said its ports will allow cruise ship traffic once again, beginning on June 7.
With new cases falling and an increase in vaccinations in the country, Spain's government officials believe the time is right to let cruise ships back in.
In April, the European Union announced plans to allow fully vaccinated Americans to visit their countries this summer.
Greece, Spain, Italy, Portugal and Croatia are the countries leading the charge to allow Americans, since their economy relies so heavily on tourism.
Spain's Prime Minister said fully vaccinated people from anywhere in the world would be allowed in last week, beginning June 7th.
Royal Caribbean has two ships scheduled to sail from Spain this summer, Harmony of the Seas and Rhapsody of the Seas.
Harmony's summer season is scheduled to begin on July 4, 2021 and is still on the cruise line's schedule to sail from Barcelona.
Harmony of the Seas European season is scheduled to run between July through October, wwith 7-night Western Mediterranean cruises that visit Palma de Mallorca, Provence, Florence, Rome, and Naples.
Rhapsody of the Seas has a transatlantic sailing scheduled for November 30, 2021 from Barcelona.
Cruise ships have been prohibited from operating in Spain since June 2020.
Royal Caribbean has not officially cancelled ormade any updates to scheduled cruises in July, including Europe or the United States.
As of the posting of this article, Harmony of the Seas is off the coast of Barcelona, and Rhapsody of the Seas is in the Bahamas.
Go here to see the original:
- Dominica Hoping New International Airport Will Elevate It to Major Caribbean Destination - Skift - July 16th, 2021
- Partnership of the Caribbean: Securing the West Indies - PRNewswire - July 16th, 2021
- NATO command is now fully operational to defend seas from Caribbean to Arctic - 13newsnow.com WVEC - July 16th, 2021
- KLM recovers its network of flights to Latin America and the Caribbean - Aviacionline.com - July 16th, 2021
- Its just like the Caribbean: readers on eight beautiful, tranquil British beaches - The Guardian - July 16th, 2021
- OWA Announces 2nd Annual Caribbean Day on Saturday, Aug. 7 - Gulf Coast News Today - July 16th, 2021
- Cruising Returns to Antigua and Barbuda Caribbean Journal - Caribbean Journal - July 16th, 2021
- Young Caribbean Nation Formalizing Amateur Radio Guidelines and Standards - ARRL - July 16th, 2021
- Carnival To Allow Crew Shore Leave in U.S. and Caribbean Ports - Cruise Industry News - July 7th, 2021
- Island-hopping experience in the heart of Miramar to celebrate Caribbean American Heritage month - Miami's Community Newspapers - July 7th, 2021
- Good news for tourism on the Caribbean island of Saba - Travel Weekly - July 7th, 2021
- The pandemic hit Caribbean American communities hard. How the diaspora is rallying around covid recovery - Business Insider - July 7th, 2021
- Why Caribbean Governments Should Make The Shift To A Human Rights-Based Approach To Crime Prevention Now - Caribbean and Latin America Daily News -... - July 7th, 2021
- Reina Gascn-Lpez shares her love of Afro-Caribbean cuisine with the Sofrito Project - AL DIA News - July 7th, 2021
- 12 organizations helping Caribbean countries during the pandemic - Yahoo Sports - June 30th, 2021
- HBO Max Rolls out in 39 Territories in Latin America and the Caribbean Starting Today - Business Wire - June 30th, 2021
- CSTN acquires AFC media rights in the Caribbean - SportsPro Media - June 30th, 2021
- Grenada, The Spice of the Caribbean, Named World's First "Culinary Capital" - PRNewswire - June 30th, 2021
- Latin America & The Caribbean Weekly Situation Update (21-27 June 2021), as of 28 June 2021 - Mexico - ReliefWeb - June 30th, 2021
- US Virgin Islands and Cuba Caribbean Baseball Cup tie suspended due to COVID-19 - Insidethegames.biz - June 30th, 2021
- Legislation seeks to increase funding for Caribbean Basin Security Initiative - Homeland Preparedness News - June 30th, 2021
- 6 Caribbean-founded LGBTQIA+ organizations you need to follow and support - Yahoo Lifestyle - June 30th, 2021
- The Emmer & Rye Team Is Opening a Caribbean Restaurant in East Austin - Eater Austin - June 30th, 2021
- 6 Caribbean-founded LGBTQIA+ organizations you need to follow and support - Yahoo Sports - June 28th, 2021
- The Path to Recovery in the Caribbean - PRNewswire - PRNewswire - June 28th, 2021
- Stocks making the biggest moves midday: Boeing, Intellia Therapeutics, Royal Caribbean and more - CNBC - June 28th, 2021
- At Third Horizon Film Festival, Caribbean Films Reflect on Layered Pasts, Presents, and Futures - Hyperallergic - June 28th, 2021
- 20 people found dead on boat drifting in the Caribbean - Los Angeles Times - June 28th, 2021
- Commercial Aviation in Caribbean Still Has Its Hurdles - Aviation International News - June 28th, 2021
- St John Celebration Is Back With a Pair of Events Caribbean Journal - Caribbean Journal - June 28th, 2021
- JetBlue Is Launching New Nonstop Flights to Antigua Caribbean Journal - Caribbean Journal - June 28th, 2021
- Cuba and Peru win on opening day of postponed Caribbean Baseball Cup - Insidethegames.biz - June 28th, 2021
- Three Creole recipes to give you a taste of the Caribbean - The Independent - June 28th, 2021
- The Island of Statia Is Is Reopening to Vaccinated Travelers Caribbean Journal - Caribbean Journal - June 28th, 2021
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean' Celebrates Major Milestone - Inside the Magic - June 28th, 2021
- 17 Hours To The Caribbean: Qantas Flies The Mens Cricket Team - Simple Flying - June 28th, 2021
- Historic Currents: Exhibit aims to overturn colonial bias with works from the Caribbean - Albuquerque Journal - June 28th, 2021
- Deury Corniel is training body and mind in his own slice of paradise - Red Bull - June 28th, 2021
- How the Houston Zoo is helping Caribbean parrots survive a volcano - Chron - June 28th, 2021
- COVID Spike In Florida Nursing Homes, Magic At The Caribbean Museum, And 'Liborio' - WLRN - June 28th, 2021
- Live Disneyland's Pirates of the Caribbean in "Sea of Thieves: A Pirate's Life" - MiceChat - June 28th, 2021
- Heading to the Caribbean? Dont Miss These 7 Celebrity Chef-Driven Restaurants - Robb Report - June 27th, 2021
- NHC tracking 2 tropical disturbances. One could move into the Caribbean - WTSP.com - June 27th, 2021
- Launch of the Caribbean Public Health Law Forum - Pan American Health Organization - June 27th, 2021
- Students of color in the Caribbean share the same plight as counterparts in white dominated countries. - USAPP American Politics and Policy (blog) - June 27th, 2021
- As cruising restarts in the Caribbean, the pandemic ensures it's not all smooth sailing - Lonely Planet Travel News - June 27th, 2021
- Difficult choices for the Caribbean - Dominican Today - June 27th, 2021
- Pirates of the Caribbean Boat Derails Off Track - Inside the Magic - June 27th, 2021
- Women's Cricket returns to the Caribbean as Pakistan tour of West Indies announced - International Cricket Council - June 27th, 2021
- UK removes quarantine requirement for arrivals from Balearics, Malta and some Caribbean islands as it happened - The Guardian - June 27th, 2021
- Live From Windstar Star Breeze: A Cruise to Nowhere in the Caribbean - Cruise Critic - June 27th, 2021
- Reopening the Caribbean - Cayman Compass - June 27th, 2021
- Costa Rica and the Caribbean, Among the International Destinations Preferred by Spaniards this summer - The Costa Rica News - June 27th, 2021
- Disney Fans Explore Hidden Rooms From the Pirates of the Caribbean Attraction - Inside the Magic - June 27th, 2021
- Royal Navy ready to assist Caribbean during hurricane season - Nation News - June 27th, 2021
- Adventure of the Seas Live Blog - Day 7 - Freeport - Royal Caribbean Blog - June 20th, 2021
- Royal Caribbean fails to stop US lawsuit by Australian survivors of White Island volcano - The Guardian - June 20th, 2021
- How Sea of Thieves Brought Pirates of the Caribbean to Its World in New Expansion (EXCLUSIVE) - Variety - June 20th, 2021
- Latin America & The Caribbean Weekly Situation Update (7-13 June 2021), as of 14 June 2021 - Honduras - ReliefWeb - June 20th, 2021
- Young Workers Optimistic in Latin America and the Caribbean - Gallup - June 20th, 2021
- Latin America and the Caribbean: The economic crisis is pushing many workers into the informal sector - The Press Stories - June 20th, 2021
- Construction Begins on Royal Caribbean's First Icon Class Cruise Ship - Cruise Critic - June 20th, 2021
- 2 Week Boating Itinerary in the Caribbean - 14 Day Yacht Trip in the Caribbean - TownandCountrymag.com - June 4th, 2021
- Privacy Is the New Luxury: 5 Caribbean Destinations Offering Ultra-Luxe Experiences - Yahoo Finance - June 4th, 2021
- There is a Particular Way Young People from the Caribbean Diaspora Speak to Their Parents and Interact with Family: Mandy Marcus on Her Student Short... - June 4th, 2021
- EU 9M for Caribbean Climate Change Resilience and Adaptation - Guyana - ReliefWeb - June 4th, 2021
- COVID situation in south Caribbean worsens - Amsterdam News - June 4th, 2021
- The New Environmental and Human Rights Treaty in Latin America and the Caribbean You Should Know About - JD Supra - June 4th, 2021
- Could Disney Replace Jack Sparrow with Captain Hook? - Inside the Magic - June 4th, 2021
- Saildrone Launches Five Drones in the Caribbean to Help Us Fight Hurricanes - autoevolution - June 4th, 2021
- New Pirates Of The Caribbean Movie May Introduce Captain Hook - We Got This Covered - June 4th, 2021
- Turmeric Is The Caribbeans Spice Of Life - Forbes - June 2nd, 2021
- More Flights from Canada to the Caribbean This Winter - Caribbean Journal - June 2nd, 2021
- Third Horizon Film Festival Puts A Spotlight On Caribbean Creatives - Broadway World - June 2nd, 2021
- Law&Crime Expands Its Cable Footprint Across The Caribbean and Latin America With a Launch on Flow - Law & Crime - June 2nd, 2021
- Sneak Peek: Tequila Butcher at the Caribbean - Mpls.St.Paul Magazine - June 2nd, 2021
- The Caribbean, united by tourism, is divided by Covid. - The New York Times - May 27th, 2021
- The Caribbean Conundrum: United by Tourists, Divided by Covid - The New York Times - May 27th, 2021
- The US Virgin Islands Is the Caribbean's Hottest Yachting Destination - Caribbean Journal - May 27th, 2021
- Latin America and the Caribbean's pandemic dilemma: Lives or livelihoods? - World Bank Group - May 27th, 2021