Welcome to /r/Singularitiarianism
A subreddit devoted to the social, political, and technological movement defined by the belief that deliberate action ought to be taken to ensure that an Intelligence Explosion benefits human civilization.
The theory of Singularitarianism is that our human species is an infant waiting to be born. An infant that is unaware of an outside world beyond the womb. The hope, purpose, and meaning in the creation of greater-than-human intelligence is our will to be born. The birth of humanity, the birth of the infant, is the evolution of the intelligence of our man and machine civilization.
Singularitarianism is a non-religious, decentralized futurist and transhumanist movement. Singularitarianism is faith in scientific skepticism and admiration for the biological phenomenon of human intelligence. From this biological intelligence comes the awe, responsibility, and capability of creating non-biological machine intelligence.
The Singularity places a horizon across humanity's understanding because we are still discovering the scientific nature of our own intelligence. Not until we understand and improve upon the biological heritage of our intelligence can we begin to understand the meaning of superintelligence. Ultimately, this reverence for universal forms of intelligence and sentience is our safeguard against mysticism, fanaticism, and ideology. Understanding and improving intelligence is simultaneously our greatest imperative and our guiding principle. This movement does not believe in God- but that simply man is a bridge and not an end- that instead we can become the Gods themselves. The human future(s) are infinite.
See the rest here:
- What it means to be a cyborg in 2019 - Quartz - November 23rd, 2019
- The Furthest Exit: Bannon's complex agenda - Village - May 26th, 2017
- Singularitarianism | Transhumanism Wiki | Fandom powered ... - March 6th, 2017
- Technological utopianism - Wikipedia - March 5th, 2017
- Sterling Crispin: Begin at the End - ArtSlant - February 28th, 2017
- Singularitarianism | Prometheism.net | Futurist Transhuman ... - January 14th, 2017
- Singularitarianism Wikipedia - euvolution.com - December 14th, 2016
- Singularitarianism - Lesswrongwiki - September 20th, 2016
- Talk:Singularitarianism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - June 27th, 2016
- Singularitarianism? Pharyngula - March 27th, 2016
- Singularitarianism | Prometheism.net - March 26th, 2016
- Singularitarianism - WOW.com - March 26th, 2016
- Singularitarianism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - March 24th, 2016