With all the focus on Liverpool wrapping up a first league title since 1990, there is the tendency to forget of the opportunities that come with the Reds unprecedented top-flight dominance.
Jurgen Klopps team are just six league wins away from PL immortality and we are still only in February. This presents a rare possibility of being able to integrate some of the clubs youngsters in vital matches of the season to showcase the clubs unwavering faith in its academy system.
With Liverpools previous fixture being the inspiring Shrewsbury Town victory where the kids took centre stage to ensure Klopps progression into the fifth round of the FA Cup for the first time since the Germans appointment in 2015 could the boss be tempted to reward some of the clubs brightest upcoming stars?
There is a strong case that Curtis Jones has done enough to warrant some Premier League experience when the European champions travel to Carrow Road to face Norwich City on Saturday.
LIVERPOOL, ENGLAND FEBRUARY 04: Liverpool players Ki-Jana Hoever, Sepp van den Berg, Curtis Jones and Pedro Chirivella celebrate after the final whistle of the FA Cup Fourth Round Replay match between Liverpool and Shrewsbury Town at Anfield on February 4, 2020 in Liverpool, England. (Photo by Visionhaus)
Whilst its important that the senior players have had a couple of weeks off, Klopp could be forgiven if he were prioritising Liverpools Champions League clash away to Atletico Madrid on Tuesday, just three days after the Reds trip to the Canaries.
With that in mind, could Klopp hand Jones his first PL start with such a gargantuan European fixture so close to beckoning?
Fabinho has only started one league match since November and may not want to be risked at the weekend. Meanwhile, Henderson has flourished in the holding role which could tempt the Reds manager to keep the skipper as the pinpoint come Saturday.
Also, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain was utilised on the wing in the 4-0 victory against Southampton meaning a simple like-for-like alteration could see Jones move into the front-three and Oxlade-Chamberlain pulled back into the midfield trident.
LIVERPOOL, ENGLAND FEBRUARY 04: Curtis Jones of Liverpool reacts after missing a chance on goal during the FA Cup Fourth Round Replay match between Liverpool and Shrewsbury at Anfield on February 4, 2020 in Liverpool, England. (Photo by Matthew Ashton AMA/Getty Images)
Liverpool were handed a major boost when Sadio Mane recently returned to training following a hamstring injury sustained during the 2-1 victory at Molineux last month. The Senegalese ace is unlikely to start against Norwich with Liverpool having to balance three competitions in the next month and Mane so raw from injury.
Following an inspired performance against the Shrews where Jones became Liverpools youngest ever club-captain in a competitive game, the 19-year-old has the advantage of being fresher from match action than any of his teammates.
Klopp has to meticulously manage his options in the defining period of the season meaning young players like Jones, Harvey Elliott and Neco Williams must be ready to be called upon.
Having recently signed a contract extension until 2024, Klopp was installed to oversee not just the remaining years of his current world-conquering squad but also to begin incorporating the next generation of Liverpool stars who will have similar aspirations of winning league titles.
With the games coming thick and fast, dont be surprised if Klopp begins to entrust more responsibility on some of the clubs fringe players.
Have something to tell us about this article?
Read more here:
- The Nike Adidas Puma Olympic Battle Will Have to Wait - Barron's - March 26th, 2020
- Christ Provides the Antidote to Fear Amid Coronavirus - National Catholic Register - March 26th, 2020
- The Vampire Diaries: The 10 Most Hated Storylines | ScreenRant - Screen Rant - March 26th, 2020
- Today's Gospel in Art - The Annunciation of the Lord - Independent Catholic News - March 26th, 2020
- Doctor Who: The Top 10 Tenth Doctor Episodes, Ranked According to IMDb - Screen Rant - March 26th, 2020
- 48 SECONDS FROM IMMORTALITY: The story of the 1990 Concord Minutemen - Goshen News - March 24th, 2020
- Ginkgo: The Tree of Immortality | NCPR News - North Country Public Radio - March 24th, 2020
- Boost your spirits with fun rom-coms - Boston Herald - March 24th, 2020
- Alex Salmond: from the brink of independence to a court room - FRANCE 24 - March 24th, 2020
- With only 4k miles, this 1982 Mercedes-Benz 300SD will outlive us all - Autoblog - March 24th, 2020
- We're as lonely as a cloud but the Romance isn't dead - The Guardian - March 24th, 2020
- How Altered Carbon: Resleeved Connects to Season 2 | Screen Rant - Screen Rant - March 24th, 2020
- In Times of Crisis, We Need To Inject Reason into Debates over Faith - The Libertarian Republic - March 24th, 2020
- Neutralize COVID-19 hysteria with faith and kindness toward neighbors - Washington Times - March 24th, 2020
- '80s Movie Quotes Every Kid From the '80s Knows By Heart - Best Life - March 24th, 2020
- Questioning the Shutdown | RR Reno - First Things - March 24th, 2020
- Liberty shackled and the future blighted: RIP Europe, 312 - 2020 - The Conservative Woman - March 24th, 2020
- Westworld series refresher, what you need to know before season 3 - Show Snob - March 24th, 2020
- Immortality by 2050: Humans very close to everlasting life - February 27th, 2020
- Sports Perseverance leads Tres Tinkle to cusp of Oregon State immortality Kyle Hansen 9:38 AM - KPAX-TV - February 27th, 2020
- Syracuse basketball has clinched immortality for the 2nd straight season - Inside the Loud House - February 27th, 2020
- Why Dodgers' Great Willie Davis Received a Grand Total of Zero Hall of Fame Votes - Sports Illustrated - February 27th, 2020
- Everything You Need to Know to Watch 'Altered Carbon' Season 2 on Netflix - Newsweek - February 27th, 2020
- Local News Mom spreads kindness to honor her young son who died in 2018 KMTV Staff - KMTV - 3 News Now - February 27th, 2020
- Alfred Jarry at the Morgan Library - Apollo Magazine - February 27th, 2020
- Features | Strange World Of... | The Strange World Of... Tom Smith/ To Live And Shave In LA - The Quietus - February 27th, 2020
- Mocking mediocrity - The New Indian Express - February 27th, 2020
- Three more movies coming in 2020 you need to check out - The Badger Herald - February 27th, 2020
- The Legend of Maula Jatt not for faint hearted, children: Bilal Lashari - The Nation - February 27th, 2020
- The 100-year life: how to prolong a healthy mind - The Guardian - February 27th, 2020
- The Philosophy of Julia Ward Howe - zocalopublicsquare.org - February 27th, 2020
- Story Time: The prophecy of eternity - DAWN.com - February 27th, 2020
- 'Altered Carbon': Takeshi Kovacs is the definitive and imperfect sci-fi hero of this generation - MEAWW - February 27th, 2020
- Celtics will retire Kevin Garnett's No. 5 next season - 98.5 The Sports Hub - February 14th, 2020
- Canucks: Yes, the Sedin twins belong in the Hall of Fame - The Canuck Way - February 14th, 2020
- Lost Odyssey Brilliantly Explores The Tragedy Of Being Immortal - Kotaku Australia - February 14th, 2020
- Ageing is 'optional' amid emerging economy for immortality - The National - February 13th, 2020
- Jurgen Klopp's Liverpool close to immortality - but their lasting legacy is already painted across Merseyside - Liverpool Echo - February 13th, 2020
- After Legendary Career With Boston College, Brian Gionta Will Be Immortalized This Weekend - Sports Illustrated - February 13th, 2020
- CSI: Crime Scene Investigation: What has the original cast done since? - Metro.co.uk - February 13th, 2020
- Understanding 'Afsos': What Does This Gulshan Devaiah Dark Comedy Want To Say? - Mashable India - February 13th, 2020
- 'Afsos' Review: Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells the Tale? - - Rolling Stone India - February 13th, 2020
- Lost Odyssey Brilliantly Explores The Tragedy Of Being Immortal - Kotaku - February 13th, 2020
- Mo Isom speaks on intimacy during Convocation week - Lee Clarion Online - February 13th, 2020
- Popular music festivals from around the world for music lovers - Republic World - Republic World - February 13th, 2020
- Canucks: 3 takeaways from 3-0 shutout win over Blackhawks - The Canuck Way - February 13th, 2020
- In Amazon web series Afsos, black humour and a high body count on the road to immortality - Scroll.in - February 13th, 2020
- Its that time when love is in the air - The New Indian Express - February 13th, 2020
- Ghost Knight: A Dark Tale is a new 2.5D action platformer, powered by Unreal Engine 4 - DSOGaming - February 13th, 2020
- Jenny Offill's Novel Weather Looks at "Climate Dread" with Humor and Plenty of Gloom - TheStranger.com - February 13th, 2020
- The Mysteries of the Sh'ma - Mosaic - February 13th, 2020
- Keith Richards of The Rolling Stones has finally quit smoking - Tone Deaf - February 13th, 2020
- A Cyberpunk 2077 Themed Xbox One Controller Could Be On Its Way - Player.One - February 13th, 2020
- Fame, immortality and a paw: The Tiger Trail - The Auburn Plainsman - January 27th, 2020
- GELFAND: on Tom Brady and Immortality - Zone Coverage - January 27th, 2020
- Remembering Rob Rensenbrink: the overlooked Dutch master who came within inches of immortality - These Football Times - January 27th, 2020
- Stockton at heart of Braden's immortality with A's - MLB.com - January 27th, 2020
- The Good Place FINALLY Revealed (Yep, It's Disappointing) - Screen Rant - January 27th, 2020
- Immortality | Definition of Immortality by Merriam-Webster - January 16th, 2020
- Immortality | Superpower Wiki | Fandom - January 16th, 2020
- Chip Walter is dying for you to read his new book on immortality. Or is he? - NEXTpittsburgh - January 16th, 2020
- Will immortality take place by 2050? | Columns - Grand Haven Tribune - January 16th, 2020
- Immortality: Lowry and Arcidiacono to Have Their Numbers Retired in February - Villanovan - January 16th, 2020
- On the brink of immortality | LSU - American Press - January 16th, 2020
- Liverpool are already a masterpiece: next goal after the title - immortality - Telegraph.co.uk - January 16th, 2020
- Williams and Baldens new X-FACTOR series to explore mutant immortality in the Marvel U - Comics Beat - January 16th, 2020
- PLAYLIST: A celebration of dance pop and the immortality of 'Tala' - Rappler - January 16th, 2020
- Eagles great Harold Carmichael on making the Hall of Fame: 'I feel like I'm dreaming' - CBS Sports - January 16th, 2020
- Steve Aoki to Perform at the Agora in March - Cleveland Scene - January 16th, 2020
- Sealed for Your Protections - North Bay Bohemian - January 16th, 2020
- 2020: The Year of the AI-Powered User Experience - Datanami - January 16th, 2020
- Disintegrations Closed and Open Beta Dates Announced for Later This Month - PlayStation LifeStyle - January 16th, 2020
- Klay Thompson to be joined by Warriors teammate Curry at WSU jersey retirement Saturday - FOX 28 Spokane - January 16th, 2020
- Corofin primed for All Ireland in bid to create history - Galway Advertiser - January 16th, 2020
- Blade of the Immortal Episode 15 Release Date, Streaming, and Preview - Otakukart News - January 16th, 2020
- Will Marvel Again Show Love Story Of Dark Phoenix And Wolverine? - Pop Culture Times - January 16th, 2020
- How childhood friends and star WRs Marvin Mims and Jaxon Smith-Njigba wound up on the doorstep of Texas football immortality - The Dallas Morning News - December 13th, 2019
- The humming bug that has bitten one and all - Telegraph India - December 13th, 2019
- Ranking the 10 Stanley Cup championship teams of the 2010s: Blackhawks dynasty, Ovechkin's Caps and more - CBS Sports - December 13th, 2019
- 'Influencing is heading into the void': Natasha Stagg and Kate Durbin on the future of social media - Document Journal - December 13th, 2019