In January of 2014, Maersk Line, the worlds leading ocean transportation company and a unit of the A.P. Moller-Maersk Group, announced the formation of a regional, containerized shipping company SeaLand dedicated to the intra-Americas market.
With a structure similar to Maersks other successful regional carriers, including intra-Asia carrier MCC Transport and intra-Europe carrier Seago Line, SeaLand will feature knowledgeable, local sales and support personnel positioned in North, Central and South America, as well as the Caribbean, to meet the unique needs of customers throughout the region. This agile framework will provide greater flexibility and a higher-level of customer-focused service to these local markets. Maersk Lines existing Intra-Americas service network will be the foundation for SeaLands ocean products.
Craig Mygatt, SeaLands CEO said, We are excited to base our headquarters in Miramar, Florida. The SeaLand headquarters will act as the main hub for our business which spans throughout North, Central and South America, and the Caribbean. This location is ideal for our operation and will serve us well as we focus on delivering world-class shipping service for all of our customers throughout this vital region of the world. We believe Florida offers great opportunities for our team and their families. We thank Governor Scott, Secretary Swoope, the State of Florida, Enterprise Florida, and our local partners for their outstanding support on this project.
Governor Rick Scott said, The opening of SeaLands headquarters in Miramar is great news for area families, and the 65 new jobs that will be created will help more families live the American Dream here in Florida. Since December 2010, we have created 651,300 private-sector jobs and we will continue working to create an opportunity economy where every Floridian who wants a job can get one.
SeaLands decision to locate in Florida validates the states success in maintaining a business climate that supports not only Floridas extensive logistics industry, but our headquarters sector as well, said Gray Swoope, President/CEO of Enterprise Florida. Floridas resources, including a strong workforce, expansive infrastructure and strategic partnerships, have created one of the top business climates in the country. Were excited to see SeaLand take advantage of Floridas assets and I congratulate them on this establishment.
This project was made possible through the close partnerships of Enterprise Florida, the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity, CareerSource Florida, the Greater Fort Lauderdale Alliance and Broward County. CareerSource Florida provides performance-based partial reimbursement grants to qualifying new or expanding businesses for customized employee training through the Quick Response Training program.
Florida is a global trade hub and businesses that specialize in logistics, like SeaLand, thrive here, said Jesse Panuccio, Executive Director of the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity. This administration is focused on diversifying our economy and building our trade, transportation, and logistics industries so we can bring more jobs to our state for Florida families. With the creation of 65 new jobs over the next year by SeaLand, we are continuing to grow our opportunity economy.
CareerSource Florida strongly supports the growth of Floridas target industries through training grants that facilitate high-skill, high-wage jobs, said CareerSource Florida President/CEO Chris Hart IV. With the location of SeaLands new headquarters here, our beautiful state further strengthens its growing international reputation as the global hub for trade and logistics operations.
We are proud to welcome SeaLand to our city and commend the company for partnering with us as we work to sustain a strong economic base for our community, said Miramar Mayor Lori C. Moseley.
SeaLand is yet another example that Broward Means Business. The company has a long distinguished reputation in the marine industry, which is a prime targeted business and we thank them for bringing jobs and a considerable investment to Broward County, said Broward County Mayor Barbara Sharief. Broward County continues its widespread effort to bring new companies to our area and we are pleased to welcome SeaLand to Miramar.
The Alliance is excited that SeaLand has located in Miramar. The companys rich history and bright future in marine and logistics is a perfect match and strong addition to two of Greater Fort Lauderdale/Broward Countys targeted industries. We wish the company continued success, said Alliance CEO Bob Swindell.
SeaLands 13,000 square foot headquarters in Miramar at MetLifes Huntington Centre is a highly significant leasing deal in terms of economic impact, said Taylor & Mathis Director of Leasing, Donna Korn. The company will be an outstanding asset to Broward County. Korn, along with Jennifer Gemma, brokered the lease transaction on behalf of landlord MetLife.
- Heres Why Sealand Capital Galaxy (LON:SCGL) Must Use Its Cash Wisely - Simply Wall St - March 24th, 2020
- Man who went to see son play in band caught drink-driving on way home - LeaderLive - March 24th, 2020
- Man stabbed 56 times tells court his friend attacked him on night he's 'living over and over' - North Wales Live - March 5th, 2020
- 26 Sustainability efforts of the fashion industry in February 2020 - FashionUnited UK - March 5th, 2020
- Meet the kind-hearted truck driver who has helped feed Wrexham's homeless every week for years - LeaderLive - March 5th, 2020
- Meet the sponsor: Sealand Pacific Seafood Trading - Caterer Middle East - March 2nd, 2020
- Reporter takes to the skies: Qualicum Beach flight school now up and running - vancouverislandfreedaily.com - March 2nd, 2020
- Photographer from Deeside on 'cloud nine' with accolade - LeaderLive - February 27th, 2020
- China firms in $10 billion share sale rush as funding rules eased amid virus worries - Reuters - February 27th, 2020
- The Lunar New Year's most talked-about watches - High Horology Journal - February 27th, 2020
- Christmas saved in Sealand as Santa will be coming to the town - LeaderLive - November 30th, 2019
- Rare images of Chester FC's Sealand Road home after it's closure in 1990 - Cheshire Live - October 31st, 2019
- Major police incident on Sealand Road as Texaco garage was shut off to public - Cheshire Live - October 27th, 2019
- Sealand Capital Galaxy (LON:SCGL) Will Have To Spend Its Cash Wisely - Simply Wall St - October 27th, 2019
- Bloodied stab victim collapsed on Texaco garage floor while the other 'bought beer and energy drinks' - Daily Post - October 27th, 2019
- Moshe Oved silver ring, rare British petrol pump globe and William Gladstone's grandfather clock six auction highlights that caught bidders' eyes in... - October 27th, 2019
- Appeal launched over refusal of plans to store cars and caravans on green barrier land in Sealand - Deeside.com - October 20th, 2019
- Coleg Cambria volunteers clean-up streets and rivers of Deeside for community event - Wales247 - October 20th, 2019
- Land and whole farms launched as supply improves in Wales - FarmersWeekly - August 18th, 2017
- Almost 800 drivers caught by new boundary road speed camera in three months - The Chester Standard - August 16th, 2017
- Almost 800 drivers caught by new boundary road speed camera in three months - LeaderLive - August 14th, 2017
- Sealand Natural Resources, Inc. (OTCMKTS:SLNR) Files An 8-K Other Events - Market Exclusive - August 13th, 2017
- What You Must Know About Sealand Capital Galaxy Limited's (LSE:SCGL) Major Investors - Simply Wall St - August 10th, 2017
- Sealand Capital Galaxy Ltd (SCGL) Is Yet to See Trading Action on Aug 9 - Herald KS - August 9th, 2017
- Chester floodplain housing scheme unanimously rejected - ChesterChronicle.co.uk - August 5th, 2017
- sealand | eBay - August 3rd, 2017
- Chaiken Money Flow For Sealand Natural Resources Inc (SLNR) Above Zero - Stock Rover - August 3rd, 2017
- Zeroing in on Yesterday's High: Sealand Natural Resources Inc (SLNR) - Nelson Research - August 3rd, 2017
- Sealand Natural Resources Inc (SLNR) Mesa Moving Average Climbs Above FAMA - JCTY News - August 2nd, 2017
- What Do The Technicals Boil Down To For Sealand Natural Resources Inc (SLNR)? - Rockville Register - August 1st, 2017
- Late night shopping scheme in Chester sees Park & Ride services extended - ChesterChronicle.co.uk - July 30th, 2017
- Sealand Natural Resources Inc (SLNR) Ichimoku Reveals Negative Momentum - Rockville Register - July 29th, 2017
- What Kind of Picture Are the Technicals Painting For Sealand Capital Galaxy Limited (SCGL.L)? - Concord Register - July 26th, 2017
- What Kind of Picture Are the Technicals Painting For Sealand ... - Concord Register - July 26th, 2017
- Oddfellow's Casino - The Quietus - July 26th, 2017
- Sealand | Fifth World Wiki | FANDOM powered by Wikia - July 22nd, 2017
- Sealand - Wikitravel - July 22nd, 2017
- Range Rover invasion at Chester supermarket site - ChesterChronicle.co.uk - July 20th, 2017
- Sealand Natural Resources Inc (SLNR) Pushes Higher 37.14% - DARC News - July 20th, 2017
- WATCH: New Oddfellow's Casino - The Quietus - July 19th, 2017
- Students create app to improve post-stroke care - USC News - July 18th, 2017
- Sealand Natural Resources Inc (SLNR) is a Volume Leader - Nelson Research - July 13th, 2017
- Flooding on Chester's Sealand Road after downpour - ChesterChronicle.co.uk - July 11th, 2017
- About Sealand - Become a Lord, Lady, Baron or Baroness - July 9th, 2017
- Neighborhood Notes: the first week of July - Mission Local - July 8th, 2017
- Maersk ransomware attack may hit 'tens of thousands' of shippers, warns analyst - The Loadstar - June 30th, 2017
- Independence Day 2017 SeaLand & Port Schedule - American Journal of Transportation - June 28th, 2017
- Pivot Points in Focus: Sealand Natural Resources Inc (SLNR) - Nelson Research - June 22nd, 2017
- Sealand Natural Resources Inc (SLNR) Moving -40.00% in Session - BVN - June 17th, 2017
- Unusual Activity Spotted in Sealand Natural Resources Inc (SLNR) - BVN - June 15th, 2017
- sealand toilet | eBay - June 15th, 2017
- Watching the Tape Move for Sealand Natural Resources Inc (SLNR) - BVN - June 15th, 2017
- Inquiry date for Chester flood plain homes plan - ChesterChronicle.co.uk - June 14th, 2017
- How Are Analysts Interpreting Sealand Natural Resources Inc (SLNR)'s Relative Strength? - Nelson Research - June 8th, 2017
- Malawi govt over paid farm input suppliers by K61billion - Nyasa Times - June 6th, 2017
- Watching the Tape Move for Sealand Natural Resources Inc (SLNR) - Benton Bulletin - June 3rd, 2017
- Needle Action Activity Spotted in Sealand Natural Resources Inc (SLNR) - BVN - June 1st, 2017
- Registered sex offender from Sealand jailed over downloading indecent images - LeaderLive - May 30th, 2017
- Active Runner in Focus: Sealand Natural Resources Inc (SLNR) - The Times - May 30th, 2017
- Unusual Activity Spotted in Sealand Natural Resources Inc (SLNR) - Melville Review - May 26th, 2017
- China regulator punishes Sealand Securities for "chaotic" management - Reuters - May 23rd, 2017
- China regulator punishes Sealand Securities for 'chaotic' management - Yahoo Finance UK - May 23rd, 2017
- Volume Moving the Tape For Sealand Natural Resources Inc (SLNR) - Concord Register - May 23rd, 2017
- Tale of the Ticker: Orthometrix Inc (OMRX), Sealand Natural Resources Inc (SLNR) Moving on Volume - Stock Talker - May 23rd, 2017
- Just the Fundamentals: Checking in on Sealand Natural Resources Inc (SLNR) - Nelson Research - May 18th, 2017
- Sealand Natural Resources Inc (SLNR) Needle Moving 44.23% - The Standard - May 18th, 2017
- Can Sealand Natural Resources Inc (SLNR) Continue its Near-Term Run? - Union Trade Journal - May 18th, 2017
- Needle Action Activity Spotted in Sealand Natural Resources Inc (SLNR) - Pearson Press - May 17th, 2017
- Sealand Natural Resources Inc (SLNR) Needle Moving on Volume - DARC News - May 13th, 2017
- Home SEC Filings Sealand Natural Resources, Inc. (OTCMKTS:SLNR) Files An 8-K Unregistered Sales of Equity... - Market Exclusive - May 11th, 2017
- HISTORY: 15 old pictures from the Principality of Sealand - Harwich and Manningtree Standard - May 6th, 2017
- SeaLand: Canada Freight Forwarders eManifest Guidelines - American Journal of Transportation - May 4th, 2017
- A Successful Business Transformation from Defence Stalwart to F-35 Global Assignee, DECA Sealand - Business News Wales - May 2nd, 2017
- HISTORY: 15 old pictures from the Principality of Sealand - Gazette - April 30th, 2017
- BRIEF-Sealand Securities' Q1 net profit down 33.5 pct y/y - Reuters - April 28th, 2017
- Unusual Activity Spotted in Sealand Natural Resources Inc (SLNR) - Morgan Research - April 28th, 2017
- Lords of Sealand Releases New Single - Motion - The Deli Magazine National (blog) - April 23rd, 2017
- Sealand and Queensferry Dementia Caf launch garden club - LeaderLive - April 12th, 2017
- Sealand and Queensferry Dementia Caf launch garden club - News North Wales - April 10th, 2017
- Gardening club launch at Sealand and Queensferry Dementia Caf - Deeside.com - April 10th, 2017