LOS ALAMITOS, Calif., May 14, 2020 /PRNewswire/ --Registration is now open for the inaugural IEEE International Conference on Quantum Computing and Engineering (QCE20), a multidisciplinary event focusing on quantum technology, research, development, and training. QCE20, also known as IEEE Quantum Week, will deliver a series of world-class keynotes, workforce-building tutorials, community-building workshops, and technical paper presentations and posters on October 12-16 in Denver, Colorado.
"We're thrilled to open registration for the inaugural IEEE Quantum Week, founded by the IEEE Future Directions Initiative and supported by multiple IEEE Societies and organizational units," said Hausi Mller, QCE20 general chair and co-chair of the IEEE Quantum Initiative."Our initial goal is to address the current landscape of quantum technologies, identify challenges and opportunities, and engage the quantum community. With our current Quantum Week program, we're well on track to deliver a first-rate quantum computing and engineering event."
QCE20's keynote speakersinclude the following quantum groundbreakers and leaders:
The week-long QCE20 tutorials program features 15 tutorials by leading experts aimed squarely at workforce development and training considerations. The tutorials are ideally suited to develop quantum champions for industry, academia, and government and to build expertise for emerging quantum ecosystems.
Throughout the week, 19 QCE20 workshopsprovide forums for group discussions on topics in quantum research, practice, education, and applications. The exciting workshops provide unique opportunities to share and discuss quantum computing and engineering ideas, research agendas, roadmaps, and applications.
The deadline for submitting technical papers to the eight technical paper tracks is May 22. Papers accepted by QCE20 will be submitted to the IEEE Xplore Digital Library. The best papers will be invited to the journalsIEEE Transactions on Quantum Engineering(TQE)andACM Transactions on Quantum Computing(TQC).
QCE20 provides attendees a unique opportunity to discuss challenges and opportunities with quantum researchers, scientists, engineers, entrepreneurs, developers, students, practitioners, educators, programmers, and newcomers. QCE20 is co-sponsored by the IEEE Computer Society, IEEE Communications Society, IEEE Council on Superconductivity,IEEE Electronics Packaging Society (EPS), IEEE Future Directions Quantum Initiative, IEEE Photonics Society, and IEEETechnology and Engineering Management Society (TEMS).
Register to be a part of the highly anticipated inaugural IEEE Quantum Week 2020. Visit qce.quantum.ieee.org for event news and all program details, including sponsorship and exhibitor opportunities.
About the IEEE Computer SocietyThe IEEE Computer Society is the world's home for computer science, engineering, and technology. A global leader in providing access to computer science research, analysis, and information, the IEEE Computer Society offers a comprehensive array of unmatched products, services, and opportunities for individuals at all stages of their professional career. Known as the premier organization that empowers the people who drive technology, the IEEE Computer Society offers international conferences, peer-reviewed publications, a unique digital library, and training programs. Visit http://www.computer.orgfor more information.
About the IEEE Communications Society The IEEE Communications Societypromotes technological innovation and fosters creation and sharing of information among the global technical community. The Society provides services to members for their technical and professional advancement and forums for technical exchanges among professionals in academia, industry, and public institutions.
About the IEEE Council on SuperconductivityThe IEEE Council on Superconductivityand its activities and programs cover the science and technology of superconductors and their applications, including materials and their applications for electronics, magnetics, and power systems, where the superconductor properties are central to the application.
About the IEEE Electronics Packaging SocietyThe IEEE Electronics Packaging Societyis the leading international forum for scientists and engineers engaged in the research, design, and development of revolutionary advances in microsystems packaging and manufacturing.
About the IEEE Future Directions Quantum InitiativeIEEE Quantumis an IEEE Future Directions initiative launched in 2019 that serves as IEEE's leading community for all projects and activities on quantum technologies. IEEE Quantum is supported by leadership and representation across IEEE Societies and OUs. The initiative addresses the current landscape of quantum technologies, identifies challenges and opportunities, leverages and collaborates with existing initiatives, and engages the quantum community at large.
About the IEEE Photonics SocietyTheIEEE Photonics Societyforms the hub of a vibrant technical community of more than 100,000 professionals dedicated to transforming breakthroughs in quantum physics into the devices, systems, and products to revolutionize our daily lives. From ubiquitous and inexpensive global communications via fiber optics, to lasers for medical and other applications, to flat-screen displays, to photovoltaic devices for solar energy, to LEDs for energy-efficient illumination, there are myriad examples of the Society's impact on the world around us.
About the IEEE Technology and Engineering Management SocietyIEEE TEMSencompasses the management sciences and practices required for defining, implementing, and managing engineering and technology.
Read more from the original source:
- Quantum and classical computers handle time differently. What does that mean for AI? - The Next Web - September 18th, 2020
- The Fate of Schrdinger's Cat Probably Isn't in The Hands of Gravity, Experiment Finds - ScienceAlert - September 18th, 2020
- Hybrid lightmatter particles offer tantalising new way to control chemistry - Chemistry World - September 18th, 2020
- Scientists Have Shown There's No 'Butterfly Effect' in the Quantum World - VICE - August 19th, 2020
- How Physics Erases The Beginning Of The Universe - Forbes - August 19th, 2020
- Does the Butterfly Effect Exist? Maybe, But Not in the Quantum Realm - Discover Magazine - August 19th, 2020
- Dismantling disciplinary boundaries and decolonizing young India: Decoding the National Educational Policy (20 - The Times of India Blog - August 19th, 2020
- The spread of 'stranger than we can think' - Yahoo Lifestyle - August 19th, 2020
- Raytheon Technologies invests in new transformational STEM high school - PRNewswire - August 19th, 2020
- The Wheel of Time and the Storytelling Problem in the Concept of a Binary - tor.com - August 19th, 2020
- Physicists witness time crystals interacting for the first time ever - New Atlas - August 19th, 2020
- Quantum mechanics is immune to the butterfly effect - The Economist - August 17th, 2020
- Major quantum computational breakthrough is shaking up physics and maths - The Conversation UK - August 17th, 2020
- Physicists watch quantum particles tunnel through solid barriers. Here's what they found. - Space.com - August 17th, 2020
- The science of marketing: taking inspiration from quantum physics - The Drum - August 17th, 2020
- Here's why we need to build a quantum security coalition - World Economic Forum - August 17th, 2020
- The Spread of 'Stranger Than We Can Think' - SFGate - August 17th, 2020
- Nuh Gedik and Pablo Jarillo-Herrero are 2020 Moore Experimental Investigators in Quantum Materials - MIT News - August 17th, 2020
- Students in the news | Announcements - Indiana Gazette - August 17th, 2020
- Indian American Engineer Develops Parachute That Helped Curiosity Land on Mars - India West - August 17th, 2020
- How Quantum Mechanics will Change the Tech Industry - Unite.AI - July 21st, 2020
- Money & Markets: After the virus, make sure you've read the inflationary playbook - E&T Magazine - July 21st, 2020
- Bruce Lee: Inside the mind of the martial arts icon - CNN - July 21st, 2020
- Read Before Pontificating on Quantum Technology - War on the Rocks - July 13th, 2020
- The universe's clock might have bigger ticks than we imagine - Livescience.com - July 13th, 2020
- Testing Einstein's theory of relativity | OUPblog - OUPblog - July 13th, 2020
- Scientists Say This Is the Smallest Unit of Time That Could Exist - lintelligencer - July 13th, 2020
- Study: The Period of the Universe's Clock - lintelligencer - July 13th, 2020
- Book review: From Infinity to Man: The Fundamental Ideas of Kabbalah - The Jerusalem Post - July 8th, 2020
- Book review: Travels with Sushi in the Land of the Mind - The Jerusalem Post - July 8th, 2020
- WATCH: Follow along as this drag queen connects the dots between quantum physics and queer identity - Queerty - July 8th, 2020
- Raytheon Technologies to release second quarter results on July 28, 2020 - PRNewswire - July 8th, 2020
- A Brighter Tomorrow > News > USC Dornsife - USC Dornsife College of Letters, Arts and Sciences - July 8th, 2020
- The logic of the impossible: Moses our rabbi - The Jerusalem Post - July 8th, 2020
- Professor tackles one more mystery about quantum mechanics and times flow - GeekWire - July 5th, 2020
- Quantum fluctuations can jiggle objects on the human scale - MIT News - July 5th, 2020
- Want to Know the Speed of a Complex Nuclear Reaction? - Popular Mechanics - July 5th, 2020
- Try to consciously change the world it might just work - Sentinel & Enterprise - July 5th, 2020
- The Death of Fashion Shows? Not So Fast. | Tim's Take | BoF - The Business of Fashion - July 5th, 2020
- U of T and Hebrew University of Jerusalem launch research and innovation partnership - News@UofT - July 5th, 2020
- Max Planck Created Quantum Theory and Laid a New Foundation for Physics - Interesting Engineering - June 21st, 2020
- Do we need a 'Quantum Generation'? | TheHill - The Hill - June 21st, 2020
- 'Everything was centered around Sara, he was lost': Abhishek Kapoor on Sushant Singh Rajput after 'Kedarnath' - DNA India - June 21st, 2020
- RHOBH: What's with Denise Richards Husband Aaron Phypers? - Screen Rant - June 21st, 2020
- Restructuring cybersecurity with the power of quantum - TechRadar - June 21st, 2020
- In the atmosphere of Mars, a green glow offers scientists hints for future visits - NBCNews.com - June 21st, 2020
- Nano-motor of just 16 atoms runs at the boundary of quantum physics - New Atlas - June 20th, 2020
- Physics - The Period of the Universe's Clock - Physics - June 20th, 2020
- Why Gravity Is Not Like the Other Forces - Quanta Magazine - June 20th, 2020
- Toronto-based Association Quantum appoints Northern Hive PR - Business Up North - June 20th, 2020
- Physicists have proposed a new theory for Bose-Einstein condensates - Tech Explorist - June 20th, 2020
- Intricate Beauty, Quasiperiodic Structures, and the Cascade to Criticality - SciTechDaily - June 20th, 2020
- AI And The Parallel Universe - AI Daily - June 20th, 2020
- The stories a muon could tell - Symmetry magazine - June 20th, 2020
- Physicists Have Reversed Time on The Smallest Scale Using a Quantum Computer - ScienceAlert - June 13th, 2020
- Duckworth on Education: The Feynman Technique - EMSWorld - June 13th, 2020
- Sussex Uni physicist creates the fifth state of matter whilst working from home - The Tab - June 13th, 2020
- Beware of 'Theories of Everything' - Scientific American - June 13th, 2020
- Francesca Vidotto: The Quantum Properties of Space-Time - JSTOR Daily - June 1st, 2020
- What Is the Many-Worlds Theory of Quantum Mechanics? - The Wire - June 1st, 2020
- MIT Student Probing Reality Through Physics, Philosophy and Writing - SciTechDaily - June 1st, 2020
- An Indian Origin Physicist Created the Fifth State of Matter from Her Living Room - News18 - June 1st, 2020
- Science and the humanities in the time of pandemic: better together - The Irish Times - June 1st, 2020
- Quantum Physicist Invents Code to Achieve the Impossible - Interesting Engineering - May 24th, 2020
- What does the Tenet title mean? Quantum mechanics and Einsteins theory - Explica - May 24th, 2020
- Covid 19 Pandemic: Quantum Computing Technologies Market 2020, Share, Growth, Trends And Forecast To 2025 - 3rd Watch News - May 24th, 2020
- Scientists Create a Cluster of 15 Trillion Entangled Atoms for the First Time Ever - Dual Dove - May 24th, 2020
- Teaching the next generation of quantum scientists | Harvard John A. Paulson School of Engineering and Applied Sciences - Harvard School of... - May 23rd, 2020
- Nasa discovers parallel universe where time runs backwards? Know the truth - Business Standard - May 23rd, 2020
- Company Hopes to Have Carbon Nanotube COVID-19 Detector Available in June - SciTechDaily - May 23rd, 2020
- The world is not as real as we think. - Patheos - May 23rd, 2020
- Physicists Just Built The First Working Prototype Of A 'Quantum Radar' - ScienceAlert - May 19th, 2020
- Quantum Brakes to Learn About the Forces Within Molecules - SciTechDaily - May 19th, 2020
- Armin Strom Discusses Resonance With PhD Of Quantum Physics And Watch Collector In An Easy-To-Understand Way (Video) - Quill & Pad - May 19th, 2020
- Embedded in the community: Outstanding physics student is a third-generation ASU student - ASU Now - May 19th, 2020
- 50 Years of Physical Review B: Solid Hits in Condensed Matter Research - Physics - May 19th, 2020
- Exploring the quantum field, from the sun's core to the Big Bang - MIT News - May 14th, 2020
- 3 Simple Reasons Why Wolfram's New 'Fundamental Theory' Is Not Yet Science - Forbes - May 14th, 2020
- The Era of Anomalies - Physics - May 14th, 2020
- Exploring new tools in string theory - Space.com - May 14th, 2020