Only the SPLC and friends have human rights in America today.By Allan Erickson on August 24, 2017 at 9:41am
Advertisement – story continues below
George and Amal Clooney donate $1 million to fight hate groups.
The headline should read Clooneys give $1 million to support a hate group, the Southern Poverty Law Center.
The Clooneys are no doubt good folks, well-intentioned, rightly motivated, but deceived. Once a praiseworthy leader in the fight against the KKK, the SPLC now burns crosses in its own way.
Advertisement – story continues below
With this donation, the Clooneys join Amazon and J.P. Morgan Chase in shoveling many millions of dollars to the Southern Poverty Law Center, an organization now actively engaged in attacking and seeking to destroy traditional Christian organizations and designating them as hate groups, which results in violence and death threats.
Do you recall theattack on the Family Research Councilin 2012? Domestic terrorist Floyd Lee Corkins confessed he targeted the Family Research Council because it was cited on the Hate Map of the Southern Poverty Law Center website. Corkins got 25 years for using a firearm to attack FRC staff in their Washington, D.C., offices. He wounded a security guard.
According to National Review, The Southern Poverty Law Center, the civil rights watchdog group that ABC and NBC so prominently cite, has become a dangerous joke. Its a joke because the very idea that Christians are members of a hate group merely because they advocate for orthodox Christian principles and the liberty to live those principles is so intellectually and ideologically bankrupt that its barely worth addressing.
Advertisement – story continues below
The SPLC designates Liberty Counsel a hate group because LC advocates biblical marriage, engaging in the debate concerning homosexuality and same-sex marriage. But for the SPLC, free speech, religious freedom and exercising freedom of conscience are dog whistles for hate.
Among other groups condemned by the SPLC, traditional conservative groups having nothing to do with hate, racism, violence, fascism or discrimination:
Alliance Defending Freedom: Bill Bright (founder, Campus Crusade for Christ), Larry Burkett (founder, Crown Financial Ministries), James Dobson (founder, Focus on the Family), D. James Kennedy (founder, Coral Ridge Ministries), Marlin Maddoux
James Kennedy Ministries
Advertisement – story continues below
Family Research Council Tony Perkins, James Dobson
American Family Association
Pacific Justice Institute
American Freedom Law Center
Center for Security Policy
David Horowitz Freedom Center
Islam: the Religion of Peace
Tea Party Nation
Various Catholic and Jewish organizations are also condemned as hate groups. It appears the SPLC employs a conveniently simplistic methodology for identifying and then persecuting so-called hate groups: Anyone holding to traditional moral values such as heterosexual, monogamous marriage is immediately tagged; anyone warning of the dangers of sharia and jihad is automatically a hater; anyone concerned about preserving the Constitution and defending God-given rights is condemned; those holding to traditional Christian values are targeted, along with all pro-lifers, everyone in favor of strong national security and all people opposed to illegal immigration. All Trump supporters are haters, dont you know?
In other words, unless you toe the line according to what the SPLC dictates concerning positions on controversial topics of the day, you are targeted for destruction, which means you are sued, silenced and threatened. Only the SPLC and friends have human rights in America today.
Thanks to the hate group designation published by the SPLC, Liberty Counsel has receiveddeath threats.
Apparently all this has little influence on George Clooney, or perhaps he just doesnt know about the dark soul of the SPLC.
What happened in Charlottesville, and what is happening in communities across our country, demands our collective engagement to stand up to hate, said Clooney, explaining his motivation to make the SPLC donation.
We agree, George. However, one does not douse the fire by pouring on gasoline or by turning on the good guys. Lets stand up to the real haters, not just Nazis and white supremacists. Lets include antifa, BLM, jihad, communists, anarchists and all enemies of liberty and justice for all, including the SPLC. Youd be wise to ask for a refund, George.
How ironic: seeing the Klan pass the torch to the SPLC.
The views expressed in this opinion article are solely those of their author and are not necessarily either shared or endorsed by the owners of this website.
What do you think? Scroll down to comment below.
Read the original here:
- ESPN took political correctness to a ridiculous low - New York Post - August 25th, 2017
- The ACLU's Twitter account gets a lesson in political correctness - Fox News - August 25th, 2017
- Congressman, Native American: When political correctness runs ... - Fox News - August 25th, 2017
- President Trump's media war and ESPN's political correctness | Fox ... - Fox News - August 25th, 2017
- Donald Trump and the Sad Triumph of Right-Wing Political ... - Reason (blog) - August 20th, 2017
- USC mascot squabble: Trojan horse for political correctness? - Fox News - August 20th, 2017
- Urban Dictionary: politically correct - August 18th, 2017
- Shamed MP behind burka ban protest says political correctness will destroy Australia - Express.co.uk - August 18th, 2017
- Steve Bannon: Post-Charlottesville racial strife is a political winner for Trump - Richmond.com - August 18th, 2017
- Reality vs. political correctness - Canada Free Press - August 16th, 2017
- Trump abandons political correctness and shows his true self - AL DIA News - August 16th, 2017
- St. J School Director: Political Correctness 'Choking The Life' Out Of The Holidays - Caledonian Record - August 16th, 2017
- 'Great Comet' Broadway hit falls from political correctness ... - Washington Times - August 16th, 2017
- Political correctness doesn't kill people | The Outline - The Outline - August 16th, 2017
- Welcome to Charlottesville - proof that political correctness is wrecking America - RT - August 16th, 2017
- Maher Slams CNN: Jeffrey Lord Fired Over Political Correctness - Newsmax - August 14th, 2017
- Perry: 'political correctness has to stop' - Wisconsin Gazette - August 14th, 2017
- Alexandria wants your help in renaming Jeff Davis Highway - WTOP - August 13th, 2017
- Political correctness hasn't gone mad. It has made us nicer - Irish Times - August 13th, 2017
- Asian grooming gangs NOT PROBED due to 'political correctness ... - Express.co.uk - August 13th, 2017
- Ted Nugent Claims 'Political Correctness' Is Keeping Him Out of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame - Ultimate Classic Rock - August 11th, 2017
- 'Racist crimes' Nigel Farage claims political correctness allows grooming gangs to thrive - Express.co.uk - August 11th, 2017
- Political correctness, free speech and common sense - Victoria Advocate - August 11th, 2017
- Opinion: Letter to the Editor: Political Correctness - Virginia Connection Newspapers - August 11th, 2017
- Reject dysfunctional lawmakers, political correctness at polls - MDJOnline.com - August 10th, 2017
- Purge: Amid Leftist Fury, Google Fires Engineer Who Wrote Memo Criticizing Politically-Correct Groupthink - Townhall - August 10th, 2017
- Broadway: The Great Comet Killed by Political Correctness, Bad ... - ShowBiz411.com - August 10th, 2017
- Hypocrisy of modern science confronts political correctness - Beckley Register-Herald - August 9th, 2017
- Stop Making Google's Decision to Fire Sexist Employee About 'Political Correctness' - Mediaite - August 9th, 2017
- Larissa Nolan: Political correctness will hurt us all in the end - Irish Times - August 9th, 2017
- Senate blocks government attempt to restore compulsory plebiscite for marriage equality - The Guardian - August 9th, 2017
- Di Natale: Roberts's story has changed more times than I've changed underpants as it happened - The Guardian - August 9th, 2017
- Is It Time to Embrace Political Correctness? Kelly Carlin, Kliph Nesteroff and Stephen J. Morrison Take on the PC Debate - The Interrobang - August 8th, 2017
- The real problem with that Google employee's viral anti-diversity memo is bigger than Silicon Valley - Quartz - August 6th, 2017
- How political correctness led to Islamophobia - The Boston Globe - August 6th, 2017
- LETTERS: Political correctness has been taken too far - Pamplin Media Group - August 5th, 2017
- Political Correctness Kills - BernardGoldberg.com - August 4th, 2017
- Texas sheriff's Facebook war on political correctness upsets residents - Salon - August 3rd, 2017
- Where will all this political correctness end? - Northside Sun - August 3rd, 2017
- Political correctness: The great disease in this century - Mexia Daily News - August 3rd, 2017
- Renaming Hollywood streets takes political correctness too far | Letters - Sun Sentinel - August 3rd, 2017
- The Fight for the Fate of Richmond's Confederate Monuments Begins - LifeZette - August 2nd, 2017
- How Political Correctness Doomed a Broadway Show - LifeZette - August 2nd, 2017
- Your Turn: Aug. 2 - mySanAntonio.com - August 1st, 2017
- I'm a Female Minority at Harvard, and This is Why I Support PC Culture - Harvard Crimson - July 28th, 2017
- Times article on trans reforms slammed: 'This is not political ... - PinkNews - July 28th, 2017
- Reader Opinion: Political correctness - Brainerd Dispatch - July 27th, 2017
- San Francisco transit officials accused of putting political correctness above public safety - New York Post - July 27th, 2017
- Why Did Trump Ban Transgender People From the Military? - Newsweek - July 26th, 2017
- Australia's seniors say the political correctness of millennials is ... - ABC Online - July 26th, 2017
- This History Buff's Take Down Of A 'Political Correctness Gone Mad' Tweet Is Everything We Needed Today - ELLE UK - July 26th, 2017
- BART officials withholding crime surveillance tapes for 'fear of racial stereotyping' - Fox News - July 26th, 2017
- Rogers County sheriff discusses 'politically correct' culture | KTUL - KTUL - July 25th, 2017
- Trump to Boy Scouts: 'We could use some more loyalty' - CNN - July 25th, 2017
- Politically Correct London is Becoming a Global Laughing Stock - Heat Street - July 21st, 2017
- Forget political correctness, we can handle the truth - New Vision - July 19th, 2017
- The Easily Triggered Right and the Untruths of Political Correctness - Paste Magazine - July 18th, 2017
- Don't Let Political Correctness Obstruct the Fight Against Extremism ... - The National Interest Online - July 17th, 2017
- Are you offended? Fired professor attacks Kean's 'extreme political correctness' - New Jersey 101.5 FM Radio - July 15th, 2017
- Conservatives must eschew political correctness - Republican Journal - July 15th, 2017
- Comment: Political correctness has a life of its own - The Catholic Register - July 14th, 2017
- Political correctness destroyed a good idea - The Altamont Enterprise - July 14th, 2017
- The deadly art of political correctness - WND.com - July 13th, 2017
- FAGAN: Mitch Landrieu's Political Correctness A Reason For Extreme NOLA Violence - The Hayride - July 13th, 2017
- Journalist accuses AP of 'censoring conservative words' in Stylebook - WJLA - July 11th, 2017
- If You Like Art, Don't Take the Bechdel Test - National Review - July 10th, 2017
- Is it time to lose political correctness in South Africa? - News24 - July 10th, 2017
- What is the Source of Our Culture of Euphemism and Political Correctness? - Patheos (blog) - July 8th, 2017
- OPINION: Lou Zako: Political correctness is killing us - Petoskey News-Review - July 8th, 2017
- Political correctness dampens UNLV logo - Las Vegas Review-Journal - July 4th, 2017
- The Betrayed Girls: A case of political correctness gone badly, dangerously wrong - iNews - July 4th, 2017
- Political correctness 'shames' differing points of views - Daily Republic - Fairfield Daily Republic - July 2nd, 2017
- Our nation may not be perfect, but it truly is exceptional - LancasterOnline - July 2nd, 2017
- Poll: Majority of Trump Voters Say His Political Correctness Is 'About ... - Morning Consult - June 30th, 2017
- 3 stories that prove political correctness has gone too far Jim Gearhart podcast - New Jersey 101.5 FM Radio - June 29th, 2017
- Forget political correctness; time to profile young black men | Myrtle ... - Myrtle Beach Sun News - June 29th, 2017
- John McEnroe, Serena Williams and political correctness - Washington Examiner - June 28th, 2017
- Wednesday, June 28, 2017: Mueller will uncover the truth, 'political ... - Bangor Daily News - June 28th, 2017
- How the First Amendment Trumps Political Correctness - Highbrow Magazine - June 26th, 2017
- There is always a cost for political correctness - Wahpeton Daily News - June 24th, 2017