Only the SPLC and friends have human rights in America today.By Allan Erickson on August 24, 2017 at 9:41am
Advertisement - story continues below
George and Amal Clooney donate $1 million to fight hate groups.
The headline should read Clooneys give $1 million to support a hate group, the Southern Poverty Law Center.
The Clooneys are no doubt good folks, well-intentioned, rightly motivated, but deceived. Once a praiseworthy leader in the fight against the KKK, the SPLC now burns crosses in its own way.
Advertisement - story continues below
With this donation, the Clooneys join Amazon and J.P. Morgan Chase in shoveling many millions of dollars to the Southern Poverty Law Center, an organization now actively engaged in attacking and seeking to destroy traditional Christian organizations and designating them as hate groups, which results in violence and death threats.
Do you recall theattack on the Family Research Councilin 2012? Domestic terrorist Floyd Lee Corkins confessed he targeted the Family Research Council because it was cited on the Hate Map of the Southern Poverty Law Center website. Corkins got 25 years for using a firearm to attack FRC staff in their Washington, D.C., offices. He wounded a security guard.
According to National Review, The Southern Poverty Law Center, the civil rights watchdog group that ABC and NBC so prominently cite, has become a dangerous joke. Its a joke because the very idea that Christians are members of a hate group merely because they advocate for orthodox Christian principles and the liberty to live those principles is so intellectually and ideologically bankrupt that its barely worth addressing.
Advertisement - story continues below
The SPLC designates Liberty Counsel a hate group because LC advocates biblical marriage, engaging in the debate concerning homosexuality and same-sex marriage. But for the SPLC, free speech, religious freedom and exercising freedom of conscience are dog whistles for hate.
Among other groups condemned by the SPLC, traditional conservative groups having nothing to do with hate, racism, violence, fascism or discrimination:
Alliance Defending Freedom: Bill Bright (founder, Campus Crusade for Christ), Larry Burkett (founder, Crown Financial Ministries), James Dobson (founder, Focus on the Family), D. James Kennedy (founder, Coral Ridge Ministries), Marlin Maddoux
James Kennedy Ministries
Advertisement - story continues below
Family Research Council Tony Perkins, James Dobson
American Family Association
Pacific Justice Institute
American Freedom Law Center
Center for Security Policy
David Horowitz Freedom Center
Islam: the Religion of Peace
Tea Party Nation
Various Catholic and Jewish organizations are also condemned as hate groups. It appears the SPLC employs a conveniently simplistic methodology for identifying and then persecuting so-called hate groups: Anyone holding to traditional moral values such as heterosexual, monogamous marriage is immediately tagged; anyone warning of the dangers of sharia and jihad is automatically a hater; anyone concerned about preserving the Constitution and defending God-given rights is condemned; those holding to traditional Christian values are targeted, along with all pro-lifers, everyone in favor of strong national security and all people opposed to illegal immigration. All Trump supporters are haters, dont you know?
In other words, unless you toe the line according to what the SPLC dictates concerning positions on controversial topics of the day, you are targeted for destruction, which means you are sued, silenced and threatened. Only the SPLC and friends have human rights in America today.
Thanks to the hate group designation published by the SPLC, Liberty Counsel has receiveddeath threats.
Apparently all this has little influence on George Clooney, or perhaps he just doesnt know about the dark soul of the SPLC.
What happened in Charlottesville, and what is happening in communities across our country, demands our collective engagement to stand up to hate, said Clooney, explaining his motivation to make the SPLC donation.
We agree, George. However, one does not douse the fire by pouring on gasoline or by turning on the good guys. Lets stand up to the real haters, not just Nazis and white supremacists. Lets include antifa, BLM, jihad, communists, anarchists and all enemies of liberty and justice for all, including the SPLC. Youd be wise to ask for a refund, George.
How ironic: seeing the Klan pass the torch to the SPLC.
The views expressed in this opinion article are solely those of their author and are not necessarily either shared or endorsed by the owners of this website.
What do you think? Scroll down to comment below.
Read the original here:
- Roberta Schaefer: The history of political correctness and why its gone way too far - Worcester Telegram - January 18th, 2020
- Privilege and political correctness collide in Admissions, at Gamm Theatre - The Providence Journal - January 18th, 2020
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: We have abandoned principles of Founding Fathers - Scottsbluff Star Herald - January 18th, 2020
- Did the Civil Rights Movement Go Wrong? - The New York Times - January 18th, 2020
- Lecturer is told that the word 'negro' can never be used - University World News - January 18th, 2020
- What The Sanders vs. Warren Battle Is Really About - FiveThirtyEight - January 18th, 2020
- Inside out: Parallels of the President and the Messiah - The Deming Headlight - January 18th, 2020
- KLAVAN: The Culture War Is The War - The Daily Wire - January 18th, 2020
- The dictionary the politically correct don't want you to read - The Catholic Weekly - January 18th, 2020
- We have to talk about these Pakistani gangs - Spiked - January 18th, 2020
- Laurence Fox row rages on as he mocks Question Time guest with stunning and brave hashtag - Evening Standard - January 18th, 2020
- Polarization predates Trump, but we can take these steps to remedy it | Opinion - TCPalm - January 18th, 2020
- Jockeying to be heard - Newsday - January 18th, 2020
- Jerry Seinfeld and the Mechanics of Comedy - Splice Today - January 18th, 2020
- Jillian Michaels Posts Pic Of Herself When She Was Overweight After Lizzo Blow Up - The Daily Wire - January 18th, 2020
- Ricky Gervais and Jeremy Clarkson are no laughing matter - The Guardian - January 18th, 2020
- Join the Inquisition or lose your job: wasn't Hong Kong meant to give peace a chance? - Hong Kong Free Press - January 18th, 2020
- Chris Selley: Preston Manning's cachet had faded, but there is no one to replace him - National Post - January 18th, 2020
- Boyd Matheson: What the Salt Lake Temple says about the 2020 election - Deseret News - January 18th, 2020
- It is time to call out the intolerant woke's racist double standards - Telegraph.co.uk - January 18th, 2020
- We have rights and freedoms that are the envy of many - Medicine Hat News - January 18th, 2020
- TikTok is the world's fastest-growing and goofiest digital platform, but should we fear it? - The Spectator USA - January 18th, 2020
- Disgusted by the Corruption in Albany, Courageous Black Man Runs for Governor - Artvoice - January 18th, 2020
- Awards Have Lost Their Luster Thanks to Political Correctness - Newsmax - December 20th, 2019
- Considering Darryl Pinckney and Authenticity - The New York Times - December 20th, 2019
- With Kamala Harris out, many Democrats dread a loss of diversity. But will Black voters care? - The Philadelphia Tribune - December 20th, 2019
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: National media now weaponized - The News Herald - December 20th, 2019
- Arguing for Truth in the Anti-Culture | Carl R. Trueman - First Things - December 20th, 2019
- Here come the 'angels of anarchy': Surrealist women to steal the shows in 2020 - Art Newspaper - December 20th, 2019
- Bull Session: Remember the Alamo? And Wendy Davis? And That Peloton Ad? - Texas Monthly - December 20th, 2019
- How Ivanka and Eric Trump conquered the world and rescued Christmas - The Guardian - December 20th, 2019
- Checking the Donald - The Jakarta Post - Jakarta Post - December 20th, 2019
- Rotten Tomatoes Score Revealed for Netflix's The Witcher Starring Henry Cavill - Bounding Into Comics - December 20th, 2019
- Opinion: Are we about to have another 'free speech' debate in Denmark? If so, Ill pass - The Local Denmark - December 20th, 2019
- What We Know About Andrew Yangs Base - FiveThirtyEight - December 20th, 2019
- It's a very bad week for Donald Trump but he remains a dangerous foe - Salon - December 20th, 2019
- Happy Holidays: What are the origins of the alternative Christmas greeting - and why does Trump object to it? - The Independent - December 20th, 2019
- "Racists keep wondering why we call them racist": Italian football and the long road to understanding its problem - These Football Times - December 20th, 2019
- Sounding off: When will political correctness end? - TribLIVE - December 17th, 2019
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Leftist policies create anger, conflict - Anniston Star - December 17th, 2019
- Eight words that changed the way we see ourselves in the 2010s - Dazed - December 17th, 2019
- The woke revolution is burning itself out - The Times - December 17th, 2019
- Letter to the Editor, Dec. 17, 2019: Did Franklin have answer for seasonal greetings? - Richmond.com - December 17th, 2019
- New year looks bright under President Trump | Letters to the Editor - The Herald Journal - December 17th, 2019
- The words and phrases that defined the decade - Mashable - December 17th, 2019
- 'It is time to do the right thing': Tauranga Council gift land back to tangata whenua - RNZ - December 17th, 2019
- Wheat Ridge Reads Features Flash Fiction - The Know - December 17th, 2019
- Jonty Pearce: Musings on the RNLI - Yachting Monthly - December 17th, 2019
- Top 10 comedy shows of 2019 | Stage - The Guardian - December 17th, 2019
- London comedy 2019: The best comedy shows of the year, from Hannah Gadsby to Tim Minchin - Evening Standard - December 17th, 2019
- Trump on removal of protester at rally: 'We don't want to be politically correct' | TheHill - The Hill - December 13th, 2019
- Letter to the editor: When will political correctness end? - TribLIVE - December 13th, 2019
- Political Correctness and the Genocide Case Against Myanmar - The Irrawaddy News Magazine - December 13th, 2019
- Pete Buttigieg's real 'black problem': He has been convicted of white privilege - AZCentral.com - December 13th, 2019
- They is Merriam-Websters Word of the Year. Heres why. - Vox.com - December 13th, 2019
- Jillian Michaels believes 'political correctness' is 'glamourizing obesity' - and that's not OK - Yahoo News Canada - December 13th, 2019
- Daniel Fienberg: The 10 Best TV Shows of 2019 - Hollywood Reporter - December 13th, 2019
- Welfare is killing the American dream | TheHill - The Hill - December 13th, 2019
- 'Harley Quinn' self-censors its own crudeness and is a stronger show for it - MEAWW - December 13th, 2019
- Biden: UK prime minister 'physical and emotional clone' of Trump - Washington Examiner - December 13th, 2019
- The False Romance of Russia - The Atlantic - December 13th, 2019
- Why museums are on the front lines of discovering the boundaries between semantics and substantive change - Document Journal - December 13th, 2019
- The 2010s Were A Complicated Decade For Democrats And White Voters - FiveThirtyEight - December 13th, 2019
- Can a New Format Save Amazons The Grand Tour in Season 4? - The Ringer - December 13th, 2019
- Guest Opinion: Tired of all the virtue signaling? - Palo Alto Online - December 13th, 2019
- The Tory MP who single-handedly delayed LGBT-inclusive education has increased his majority - PinkNews - December 13th, 2019
- Michael Roth Speaking on Inclusion, Free Speech, and Political Correctness - Zip06.com - November 30th, 2019
- Dems, Stop Being Defensive | Letters to the Editor - The Chief-Leader - November 30th, 2019
- When all politicians are seen as liars, its Boris Johnsons big lie that cuts through - The Guardian - November 30th, 2019
- After time in the wilderness, Louis CK is welcomed in Israel - Minneapolis Star Tribune - November 30th, 2019
- New Zealand Is Tackling Hot-Button Liberal Issues in One Swoop - The New York Times - November 30th, 2019
- Scarlett Johannson clarifies controversial casting comments: 'I mishandled that' - Page Six - November 30th, 2019
- Opinion: Trump can use his 'superpower' to defeat Democrats and their false narratives - Courier Journal - November 30th, 2019
- Trump Tells Allies He Wants Absolved War Criminals to Campaign for Him - The Daily Beast - November 30th, 2019
- Christian Faith Is the Missing Ingredient in A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood - National Review - November 30th, 2019
- Why Trump identifies with war criminals - The Week Magazine - November 30th, 2019
- How Democrats Lost the Impeachment Debate - The American Conservative - November 30th, 2019
- The move to cancel Gauguin could kill off Western culture - New York Post - November 24th, 2019
- Five things to watch: Lions at Washington - The Detroit News - November 24th, 2019
- We must become a nation that is truly pro-life - Dothan Eagle - November 24th, 2019