THE Philippine Olympic Committee (POC) has formalized the accreditation of Philippine Electronic Sports Organization (PESO) as the official National Sports Association (NSA) for esports in the Philippines.
An NSA is the officially appointed regulatory body of a sport in the country. For a refresher of how NSAs work, read this:
In a certificate issued on October 9, 2020, the POC declared PESO as an associate member of the National Olympic Committee (NOC) Philippine Olympic Committee.
As such, PESO is the sole recognized National Sports Association and governing body for the sport of ESPORTS in the Philippines, the certificate reads.
The certificate also bears the names of PESO officials who will serve the term of two years from their election last February 2019: Brian Benjamin Lim, president; Eric Redulfin, vice president; Jess Tamboboy, secretary general; and Michael Gatchalian, corporate secretary.
The news comes after reports surfaced this week that esports would return to next years SEA Games.
Continue reading below
PESOs member-organizations include Bren Esports, Gariath Concepts, Mineski Philippines, The Nationals, PlayBook Esports, Tier One Entertainment, TV5, and TNC Holdings. These groups were key in last years debut of esports as a medal event in the 30th SEA Games.
They also worked, variously, as technical officials for the production and streaming of the event, as well as coaches and managers for Sibol, the Philippines esports team.
Continue reading below
We are honored and grateful for the trust that the POC placed in us. We embrace this huge responsibility as we continue to support our athletes and push the growth and development of Esports in the country, said PESO President Brian Lim.
We also echo POCs call for unity among esports groups and communities as we all share the same goal to showcase the skills and abilities of Filipino gamers in the world arena and ultimately bring glory to our country, he adds.
PESO went through a rigorous accreditation process by the POC, which took into consideration its years of experience in organizing esport events and programs, as well as its linkages with reputable esport organizations.
Continue reading below
Since 2012, PESO has been a member in good standing of the International Esports Federation (IESF).
Last March, IESF and Asian Esports Federation (AESF) signed a milestone agreement to promote and advance esports globally, and across the Asian continent.
Under the agreement, the IESF recognizes the AESF as the sole federation for esports in Asia, while the AESF recognizes IESF as the sole federation for esports on the international level.
Spin fans unite at the Spin Viber Community! Join the growing community now and complete the experience by subscribing to the Spin Chatbot.
- National Storage Affiliates Trust Announces Tax Treatment of 2020 Distributions - Business Wire - January 23rd, 2021
- National Storage Affiliates Trust Announces Date of its Fourth Quarter 2020 Earnings Release and Conference Call - Business Wire - January 23rd, 2021
- SCA girls get second win - The Suffolk News-Herald - Suffolk News-Herald - January 23rd, 2021
- Newly re-elected NSA Scotland chairperson looking to the future - JohnOGroat Journal - January 23rd, 2021
- NSA Cites DoD Crypto Work in First-Ever Cybersecurity Year-End Report - MeriTalk - January 17th, 2021
- Cybersecurity Pioneer Cyemptive Technologies Names Former USAF and NSA Network and Security System Specialist Alan Yarusevich as Principal Security... - January 17th, 2021
- Ian Laurel on Volleyball NSA elections: 'Now is not the time to draw out party lines' - Tiebreaker Times - January 17th, 2021
- Now is not the right time to split NSA and CYBERCOM - C4ISRNet - January 1st, 2021
- Edward Snowden and wife share photos of newborn son amid push for Trump to pardon NSA leaker - Washington Times - January 1st, 2021
- India, Pakistan exchange list of nuclear installations - Outlook India - January 1st, 2021
- Satoshi Nakamoto from NSA, AntiChrist and Other Bitcoin Conspiracy Theories - Cryptonews - January 1st, 2021
- Sri Lankan Army to play bigger role in COVID-19 prevention - Outlook India - January 1st, 2021
- Trade and policy in spotlight at webinars for sheep producers - Press and Journal - January 1st, 2021
- Democrats cry alarm over proposal to split up NSA, Cyber Command amid hacking crisis - POLITICO - December 26th, 2020
- Split Up NSA and CYBERCOM - Defense One - December 26th, 2020
- NSA warns hackers are forging cloud authentication information - Security Magazine - December 26th, 2020
- Edward Snowden Pardon and the SolarWinds Hack - City Journal - December 26th, 2020
- NSA Warns of Hacking Tactics That Target Cloud Resources - BankInfoSecurity.com - December 26th, 2020
- NSA Year in Review: Election Security, Cybersecurity, and More - HSToday - December 26th, 2020
- No, the United States Does Not Spend Too Much on Cyber Offense - Council on Foreign Relations - December 26th, 2020
- The US has suffered a massive cyberbreach. It's hard to overstate how bad it is - The Guardian - December 26th, 2020
- Today's D Brief: Vaccines, compared; NSA/CYBERCOM split?; More Trump deference to Russia; Welcome, 'guardians'; And a bit more. - Defense One - December 26th, 2020
- Intelligence employees vent frustrations over being forced to return to the office - Yahoo News - November 29th, 2020
- NSA calls for dog walkers to respect the countryside after recent attacks on sheep - Agriland.co.uk - November 29th, 2020
- NSA calls for visitors to rural areas to be more responsible - Darlington and Stockton Times - November 29th, 2020
- National Storage Affiliates: Store Your Capital With This Fast-Growing REIT - Seeking Alpha - November 29th, 2020
- Cybersecurity In A Digital Age "The Only Truly Secure System Is One That Is Powered Off" - Technology - United States - Mondaq News Alerts - November 29th, 2020
- Great honour: Donald Trump pardons former NSA Michael Flynn ahead of Thanksgiving - Republic World - November 29th, 2020
- NSA rubbishes reports of giving money to some MPs - Pajhwok Afghan News - November 29th, 2020
- National Supermarket Association and Elected Officials Deliver 3000 Turkeys for Thanksgiving - Abasto, Food and Beverage Industry News - November 29th, 2020
- Reduction in future funding for farmers 'a bitter pill to swallow' - NSA Wales - Agriland.co.uk - November 29th, 2020
- Seven years on, congressional oversight of NSA policies is still a slog - Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press - November 17th, 2020
- NSA president Cecilia Molokwane unfazed by Solidaritys legal threat over race regulations - News24 - November 17th, 2020
- Steeplechase of Charleston will decide jockey of the year title - Charleston Post Courier - November 17th, 2020
- An odd divergence between India and its constituents - Mint - November 17th, 2020
- Terrorism: Nigeria and USA committed to defeating ISIS, Boko Haram and others - NSA - Nairametrics - November 17th, 2020
- The NSA is Refusing to Disclose its Policy on Backdooring Commercial Products - Security Boulevard - October 29th, 2020
- Senator Wyden Wants To Know If The NSA Is Still Demanding Tech Companies Build Backdoors Into Their Products - Techdirt - October 29th, 2020
- Per NSA, DoD Networks in the Crosshairs of Chinese State-Sponsored Hackers - ClearanceJobs - October 29th, 2020
- Big Brother is spying on you - Hillsboro Times Gazette - October 29th, 2020
- Science of Security's Annual Security Conference Goes Virtual and Gets Record Attendance - 62nd Airlift Wing - October 29th, 2020
- Why NSA Doval and his men are asserting themselves in Nepal, rather than MEA - ThePrint - October 29th, 2020
- Will fight on foreign soil if there is a threat, says NSA Ajit Doval at Rishikesh ashram - ThePrint - October 29th, 2020
- NSA Sheep Events look forward to 2021 with enthusiasm and hope - Agriland.co.uk - October 29th, 2020
- National Sheep Association looks forward to 2021 - The Scottish Farmer - October 29th, 2020
- Will Fight Even on Foreign Soil to Protect India: Video of NSA Dovals Chat With Ashram Head Surf... - News18 - October 25th, 2020
- China govt uses United Front to gather intel on citizens abroad, says US dy NSA - The Indian Express - October 25th, 2020
- How the NSA built its offensive computer warfare unit - The Market Mail - October 25th, 2020
- NSA Warns China Is Targeting Flaws in U.S. National Security Systems - Nextgov - October 24th, 2020
- NSA Issues List of Vulnerabilities Used by Chinese Backed Hackers - JD Supra - October 24th, 2020
- Why the NSA Told Henry Kissinger to Drop Dead When He Tried to Cut Intel Links with Britain - The Daily Beast - October 24th, 2020
- PRISM and privacy: Ways to avoid being spied on by the government - TechGenix - October 24th, 2020
- Jump into Fall! with the National Steeplechase Association - Past The Wire - October 24th, 2020
- Cyber Security Today Twitter criticized by regulator, NSA ranks vulnerabilities, cybercrooks pretend to be good guys, and more - IT World Canada - October 24th, 2020
- NSA looks to future with events planned for 2021 - Darlington and Stockton Times - October 24th, 2020
- NSA Launches Diversity Initiative to Grow Bench of Job-Ready Cybersecurity Talent - Nextgov - October 18th, 2020
- Full Text: Interview with Imran Khans NSA on Kashmir, Uighurs, Jadhav, Terror and Talks - The Wire - October 18th, 2020
- 'Risk' that food standards will be lowered by imports, says NSA - Darlington and Stockton Times - October 18th, 2020
- United States 5G Benchmark Study 2020: T-Mobile Band n71 5G NR Standalone (SA) Network and how it Compares with the Operator's 5G NR Non-Standalone... - October 18th, 2020
- Agriculture Bill rejection leaves a 'real risk' to UK animal welfare standards - NSA - Agriland.co.uk - October 18th, 2020
- NSA Cybersecurity Directorate's Anne Neuberger on protecting the elections - CBS News - August 26th, 2020
- ASGARD Partners & Co. sells Wild Things, LLC to National Safety Apparel, Inc. - PRNewswire - August 26th, 2020
- Alliance welcomes new commanding officers of NSA Crane and NSWC Crane - Washington Times Herald - August 26th, 2020
- AG William Barr says he is 'vehemently opposed' to pardoning Edward Snowden - USA TODAY - August 26th, 2020
- Unpacking US law and practice on extraterritorial mass surveillance in light of Schrems II - MediaNama.com - August 26th, 2020
- The Frightening Future and Past of Cop Mutual Aid - Filter - August 26th, 2020
- Former Indian shot put medalist arrested in US for killing wife and mother - Outlook India - August 26th, 2020
- National Safety Apparel grows with two acquisitions - Crain's Cleveland Business - August 26th, 2020
- Mavenir and Turkcell Enable World's First OpenRAN vRAN Call with Fully Containerized CU/DU and Open Front Haul - Business Wire - August 26th, 2020
- Drovorub Taking systems to the wood chipper What you need to know - Security Boulevard - August 26th, 2020
- National Security Agency | History, Role, & Surveillance ... - July 23rd, 2020
- Windows 10 Has a Security Flaw So Severe the NSA Disclosed ... - July 23rd, 2020
- A National Crisis: The Imperative for Improving Civic Education - The Cipher Brief - July 23rd, 2020
- Homeland Security, NSA name Binghamton a cyber research center - Binghamton University - July 21st, 2020
- NSA head vows to strike back at nations meddling with U.S. vote - San Antonio Express-News - July 21st, 2020
- NSA whistleblower Reality Winner tests positive for Covid-19 in prison - The Guardian - July 21st, 2020
- Defense Contractor to Pay Nearly $1 Million to the United States to Resolve Allegation of Overbilling on NSA Contract - Bay Net - July 21st, 2020
- Zero Trust Cybersecurity Plan This Year From DISA & NSA - Breaking Defense - July 21st, 2020
- Banning TikTok takes a big espionage tool away from China: US NSA - The Indian Express - July 21st, 2020
- Chinas aggressive actions against India give insight into how CPC thinking these days, says U.S. NSA - The Hindu - July 21st, 2020