"All religions are of equal value and viable paths to God and Heaven." This is the main attitude that has been adopted by way too many clerics in the Catholic Church these days if even indirectly. They refuse to talk about the superiority, the uniqueness, the special place that Catholicism occupies in relation to all other religions.
All other religions, no matter how well-intended their adherents may be, are false because they are man made. And what we are talking about here are the beliefs, not the individual human beings who hold these beliefs. All people, no matter how mistaken or deluded, are deserving of respect owing to their human dignity. Their beliefs, however, are not deserving of respect. The beliefs are wrong.
A simple analogy might help. If a teacher asks the class what is 7 x 7, and she gets answers that are wrong, those incorrect answers cannot be respected. They are wrong and need to be called wrong. That doesn't mean the teacher should insult the student but the student needs to be shown that the answer is incorrect. That's the whole point of being taught in the first place to arrive at truth. There's also the matter of justice for the student who correctly answers the question. Those who arrive at truth need to be applauded and rewarded for it.
We are all equal in our dignity. We are not equal in our apprehension of the truth. And people who are wrong should not be given the impression that their understandings are correct when they are, in fact, incorrect. To place error alongside truth is wrong on two counts; it rewards error and diminishes truth.
But in the monstrosity of a building, passing itself off as a cathedral in the archdiocese of Los Angeles, this is exactly whats going on. There are a number of alcoves on the sides of the interior where art is exhibited from students at various Catholic schools in the Los Angeles archdiocese. On the walls of the alcoves, you will find paintings done by students from some of the most distinguished Catholic high schools in the archdiocese. Each work also had a placard with a one or two sentence description of their work. And they are loaded with heresy.
Before we show you some of the works, we want everyone to know, we are not going to show the names of the students who painted the images because that would be unfair. We also offer no opinion on the quality of work. Thats not the point of this Vortex. The students are only representing what theyve been taught after all those years of Catholic "education." The teachers and clergy who have corrupted and malformed their young minds and the senior clergy, which have let this happen will have a lot to answer for when they die.
So now to the images and the students own descriptions of their work. First, we have a piece entitled Drawn to the Light where the Catholic student promotes the idea of Eastern mysticism by saying there is a balance between light and dark. The Yin and the Yang notion completely opposed to Catholicism.
Next, the Wings of Hope, and the hope expressed by the student is the hope of the coming together of all religions. Might as well have a coexist bumper sticker plastered along beside it. Thats indifferentism opposed to Catholicism.
This one is called Pantheism and the student description says that God made man and the rest of creation in His Own image. Pantheism certainly and opposed to Catholicism.
This work is entitled Heaven Only Knows and insists that humans are created from star matter and connected to space. A kind of New Age spirituality. Again opposed to Catholicism.
Of course no display of heretical work would be complete without an ode to homosexuality, and here it is Ode to Orlando where the description says, in effect, everyone is equal and God loves everyone no matter what. What it leaves out is that our moral choices can cut us off from God. God love us, yes. But not all love Him back.
This one called Flamingo the student description says that man and nature complete each other. No, grace completes man, not nature. Opposed to Catholicism.
This one entitled My Spiritual Mandala promotes the Eastern notion that everything is related to everything else and destined to be united in the end. Opposed to Catholicism.
And what heresy parade would be complete without opening the door for false religions like Islam. Which is exactly what this work does. It is a direct quote from the Quran opposed to Catholicism. And again, the students who produced these works are only artistically representing what they've learned from their Catholic high schools all across Los Angeles.
Why are these paintings up on the walls in the cathedral, celebrated and presented for all to see and marvel over their depth and profound insights? Any faithful Catholic should be deeply disturbed by this. There are so many things wrong here, its hard to begin to even number all of them.
Why does the archdiocese permit or perhaps even encourage this? Who is checking the schools to ensure that pantheism, eastern mysticism, new age, homosexuality, false religions are not being taught?Judging from these works no one.
And yet, the bishops of America will be gathering in Orlando over the fourth of July weekend with Catholic "leaders" from around the country to figure out whats wrong and how to get Catholics back in the Church. Seriously? You have to have a four-day session to figure that out.
How about stop teaching heresy in the schools and plastering up blasphemous paintings inside the cathedrals? Why these bishops are not terrified of going to Hell is the greatest mystery on earth. They have corrupted the little ones for nearly four generations now. If the so-called Catholic leaders who have been privately invited dont stand up and oppose this sort of thing then they too will be held accountable for not declaring the truth.
This is evil. Period. And how dare the clergy allow this to happen.
Go here to read the rest:
Opposed to Catholicism - Church Militant
- Parramatta Laity Make Their Voices Heard in Dispute With Their Bishop - National Catholic Register - May 14th, 2021
- Matthew Wong Ink Works, Never Before Exhibited, Will Alight in New York - ARTnews - April 19th, 2021
- Double Blind by Edward St Aubyn review in pursuit of knowledge - The Guardian - March 31st, 2021
- How to Sound Like a Catholic When You Talk About Ashes and Death - National Catholic Register - February 25th, 2021
- The consolation of philosophy during Covid darkness - Offaly Express - February 25th, 2021
- What Is This 'QAnon' Thing They're Talking About? - Calbuzz - February 21st, 2021
- Manifestations of Higher Meaning: On Dana Gioia's The Catholic Writer Today and Studying with Miss Bishop - Los Angeles Review of Books -... - February 10th, 2021
- Arts Pantheon - The Daily Star - January 17th, 2021
- Christmas and the birth of truth on earth - TheCable - January 1st, 2021
- Pantheism | Definition of Pantheism by Merriam-Webster - November 29th, 2020
- No writer was better suited to chronicle the Depression than John Steinbeck - Spectator.co.uk - November 29th, 2020
- A world of mysticism and spirituality - Times of Malta - November 29th, 2020
- WHAT IS 'SPIRITUALITY OF PLACE'? | Bret Thoman - Patheos - November 29th, 2020
- Do Not Offend the Gods: 8 SFF Books Featuring Deities - tor.com - October 7th, 2020
- Religion, Non-Reductive and Saturated, Gains Respect in Post-Modern Academic World - Patheos - May 29th, 2020
- What's the difference between pandemic and epidemic? - ChicagoNow - March 31st, 2020
- Porfiry Ivanov: what Stalin said the main freak of the USSR - International Law Lawyer News - March 24th, 2020
- World Pantheism Revering the Universe, Caring for Nature ... - March 5th, 2020
- Freeman Dyson: The Passing of an Iconoclastic Physicist - Discovery Institute - March 5th, 2020
- Pantheism | Britannica - February 27th, 2020
- Dan McCaslin: Nature and Shallowing the Mind - Noozhawk - January 28th, 2020
- Spirituality and values in the Disney universe - Evangelical Focus - January 18th, 2020
- Tagore and Iqbal - Daily Times - December 26th, 2019
- The Adventurous Lectionary The First Sunday of Christmas December 29, 2019 - Patheos - December 18th, 2019
- Ross Douthat: What will happen to conservative Catholicism? - The Register-Guard - November 12th, 2019
- Liberation theology never went away. It morphed into liberation ecology. - Catholic Citizens of Illinois - November 12th, 2019
- Iqbal: The Metaphysics and The Reconstruction- Part I - The News International - November 12th, 2019
- How to properly use righteous anger about the Amazon Synod - Lifesite - November 12th, 2019
- EXCLUSIVE: Catholic priest defends burning Pachamama effigy as within law of God - Lifesite - November 12th, 2019
- Ah, to spend some time in the great outdoors - Idaho State Journal - October 27th, 2019
- The Big Bang! - Chron.com - October 27th, 2019
- Catholicism has a stronger view of creation than both eco-religion and materialism - Catholic Herald Online - October 27th, 2019
- Faithful Catholics Throw Amazonian Idols Displayed in the Vatican into the Tiber River - PJ Media - October 27th, 2019
- Cdl. Burke: Revolution Is the Goal - Church Militant - October 2nd, 2019
- Lay Faithful to Gather in Rome to Pray for the Church on Eve of Amazon Synod - National Catholic Register - October 2nd, 2019
- Dennis Andrew from Poole says 'I am Druid' - Somerset Live - August 25th, 2017
- Unitarian Universalism and Pantheism World Pantheism - August 13th, 2017
- Gratitude So Burdensome? - First Things - August 11th, 2017
- Staying power: a poet's place in God's agenda - National Catholic Reporter - August 10th, 2017
- This World as Philosophically Necessary - Patheos (blog) - August 10th, 2017
- About | Pantheism.com - August 6th, 2017
- Star Wars' religious imagery is more than just coincidence - Catholic Herald Online (blog) - August 5th, 2017
- Senryu pries open 'The Jaws of Life' to explore death on latest ... - Maryville Daily Times - August 3rd, 2017
- Is Your Christian Worldview Cohesive? - Cape May County Herald - August 2nd, 2017
- 'Heretics!' Illustrates the Contentiousness Surrounding Philosophy - PopMatters - August 1st, 2017
- Mendelssohn's philosophy, Mendelssohn's grandchildren - The Jerusalem Post - August 1st, 2017
- Why Dina Nath Batra wants Tagore, Urdu, Mughals removed from school books - DailyO - July 25th, 2017
- A Critical Look At A New Sefer: Alternative Medicine in Halachah - Yeshiva World News - July 20th, 2017
- Hindu-Americans Don't Vote Republican - The American Conservative - July 10th, 2017
- Nelsons Leads Tanglewood Resurrection - The Boston Musical Intelligencer - July 8th, 2017
- 20 Options on God (Find Yours Here) - Patheos (blog) - July 8th, 2017
- Should Tyler Cowen Believe in God? - New York Times (blog) - July 7th, 2017
- Hinman's ABEAN Argument Part 3: More Objections - Patheos (blog) - July 7th, 2017
- Pantheism | Philosophy Talk - July 5th, 2017
- A Modern Day Inquisition: Rabbi Joseph Dweck - The Jewish Press - JewishPress.com - July 3rd, 2017
- The Universe Is the Mind of God - The Costa Rican Times - June 29th, 2017
- On religion: Being aware of our connectivity to God and each other - The Intelligencer - June 29th, 2017
- New Names for Old Gods - Patheos (blog) - June 29th, 2017
- Views | Pantheism.com - June 26th, 2017
- This Former MTV Icon Found Inner Peace Through Islam - HuffPost - June 24th, 2017
- Who were the authors of the so-called Gnostic gospels, and what did they believe? - Aleteia EN - June 24th, 2017
- How Scotland inspired Bram Stoker's Dracula - The Scotsman - June 15th, 2017
- My Turn: Respecting Mother - Concord Monitor - June 15th, 2017
- Seven Things Evil Is Not: What the Death of My Son Taught Me - ChristianityToday.com - June 8th, 2017
- 'Sgt. Pepper's' Turns 50: The Newsweek Review of The Beatles' Masterpiece - Newsweek - June 1st, 2017
- Rishe Groner - Tablet Magazine - May 23rd, 2017
- Escape into the wild with Maasthi Gudi- The New Indian Express - The New Indian Express - May 13th, 2017
- Dunphy: The growls of empty stomachs - Alton Telegraph - May 9th, 2017
- In response to Tim Martin, God exists - Eureka Times Standard - May 4th, 2017
- A war of opposites: Rubbishing Hinduism's eclectic nature, Hindutva treats any expression of dissent as sedition - Times of India (blog) - May 2nd, 2017
- Why I Had To Make a Clean Break With Christianity - Patheos - Patheos (blog) - April 27th, 2017
- Hitler Was Not a Christian - Splice Today - April 15th, 2017
- Winter is coming; help me turn yarn into warmth - Port Huron Times Herald - April 12th, 2017
- Families leave thousands of cremated remains behind - Bellingen Courier Sun - April 12th, 2017
- Hinduism vs Hindutva: The search for an ideology in times of cow politics - Hindustan Times - April 10th, 2017
- Adventists appeal court ruling on Kellogg Sabbath accommodation case - Adventist News Network - April 7th, 2017
- Composer Theofanidis unconvincing as theologian in Atlanta Symphony's Creation/Creator - Washington Classical Review - April 3rd, 2017
- Families leave thousands of cremated remains behind - The Sydney Morning Herald - April 2nd, 2017
- Need to propagate Sufism in its right context: Dr Qasim - Kashmir Reader - March 31st, 2017
- Why Sacrifices? - Algemeiner - March 31st, 2017