The TV adaptation of author Joe Hills NOS4A2 returns for a second season and will premiere via simulcast on both BBC America and AMC on Sunday, June 21 at 10/9c.
The series follows Vic McQueen (Ashleigh Cummings), a high school senior from a broken home in New England. She battles against Charlie Manx (Zachary Quinto), a different kind of vampire, who kidnaps children and drains them of their innocence to maintain his immortality. McQueen isnt an ordinary teenager going up against an immortal, though she has supernatural abilities of her own.
1. The Origin of the Shows Name
At first glance, one might think the name of the show is pronounced the way it is written out with letters and numbers, N-O-S-Four-A-Two. But, thats not the case. It actually pays homage to the word Nosferatu, which is believed to be derived from the Romanian Nesuferit, meaning offensive or troublesome, which add up to vampire. The 1922 silent film Nosferatu introduced the term to the public, helping to kick off the vampire genre.
2. Where We Left Off with Season One
In season one, McQueen discovers she has a special supernatural power: riding on her motorcycle, she has the ability to find lost things. Meanwhile, Manx has his own power: when he lures children into his 1938 Rolls-Royce Wraith, he can suck out their energy and spirit them away to Christmasland, a magical place that exists on the fringes of reality, where its Christmas every day. The children become bloodthirsty demon-like husks of their former selves, and can never leave the gates of Christmasland.
When her young friend is lost to Manx, McQueen realizes she can use her power to try to get these children back. In a heated showdown at the end of season one, McQueen finally gets the upper hand: she sets Manxs beloved Wraith on fire, destroying the source of his power, and Manx rapidly ages and falls into a coma.
3. Where We Pick Up in Season Two
Season two begins eight years later. McQueen now has a young son named Wayne, and has stayed in Colorado to build a life with local biker, Lou Carmody (Jonathan Langdon), who helped her defeat Manx in season one. But she hasnt forgotten the trauma of her supernatural fight with Manx. And when circumstances cause the vampire to come back from the brink of death, hes more determined than ever to get his revenge on the one person who ever took him down.
Now that McQuen is a mother, shes more vulnerable than ever to the evils of Manx, as he becomes determined to kidnap Wayne and imprison him in Christmasland. But McQueen makes a promise in the first look trailer above, saying, Im gonna kill him once and for all.
4. Heres Who is Returning
We can look for both Zachary Quinto and Ashleigh Cummings to return in their lead roles. As well, Ashley Romans will return as police detective Tabitha Hutter. We can also look for Jahkara Smith as Maggie Leigh, another Strong Creative with the supernatural ability to answer any question when she pulls Scrabble tiles out of a magical bag.
5. Heres Who is New
In addition to the returning cast, we can look for some new faces like Jason David, who plays McQueens eight-year-old son. Wayne asks his mom, Who is Charlie Manx? Shes shocked to hear the villainous name come out of her sons mouth. He asks after seeing Manx on TV. 6. Is Manx Still in a Coma?
He is. But, not for long. When his Rolls-Royce Wraith is restored, Manx regains his own strength along with it. He ages backward, once again youthful. His assistant, Bing Partridge (lafur Darri lafsson) comes to his aid, saying, Mr. Manx. Are you awake? Rather than answering, all we hear is his disturbing giggle which is very foreboding. He is pissed, and McQueen is on the top of his hit list.
7. Does Christmasland Still Exist?
Yes and no. Its created by Manxs imagination, manifesting into something that is also very real. We can see why the children walk into the magical land without fear, as its very welcoming. The world itself is based in Manxs inscape, a place that exists in the world of thought on the edges of the physical realm, and can only be accessed by Manxs knife his beloved Wraith which helps cut through the fabric of reality. Despite being mystical, McQueen keeps getting phone calls from the children in Christmasland, leaving others to question her sanity.
8. What Author Joe Hill Thinks About the TV Adaptation
Author Joe Hill chatted with Den of Geek about his 2013 novel being made for screen, saying, (Season one is) a little less than the first half. When Jami (OBrien) read the book, she sort of correctly saw that there was a breakpoint where the story shifts into a different gear. Her feeling was, really, in some ways, NOS4A2 is two or maybe three stories that could be full seasons. She found one of these breakpoints and so yeah, season one is a totally self-contained, totally satisfying story. But it is not the full book. Fun fact: Hill is son to Stephen King, but wed like to think Hill can stand on his own (but for all you King fans, this might up your interest a tad?). Another fun fact: his second novel, 2010s Horns, was made into a film starring Daniel Radcliffe.
9. What Showrunner Jami OBriens Plans Are for Season Two
Jami OBrien, who brought season one to the screen, is ready for season two, saying, I am so excited for the opportunity to bring the rest of Joe Hills amazing novel to television. Joes imagination is unparalleled, reports AMC.com. She goes on to say, I love the characters and the world, and our colleagues at AMC have been wonderful partners. Im grateful to be playing in the NOS4A2 sandbox. OBrien isnt new to the AMC family; she was a co-executive producer on both Fear the Walking Dead and Hell on Wheels.
10. How to go into Season Two
Wed suggest, make sure you have a blanket nearby so you can pull it over your eyes if needed! And, while you can watch season two on its own, you can also find full episodes of season one and behind the scenes clips over at BBC America and AMC online.
You can look for new episodes of NOS4A2 starting June 21.
Are you caught up on season one?
Read the original post:
- A Year of Free Comics: Immortality isnt all that it seems in LIVE FOREVER - Comics Beat - August 26th, 2020
- Under Ben Bulben: Neymar And A Saga Of Resurrection And Immortality - World Football Index - August 26th, 2020
- Rick and Morty plot hole: Rick's ride on the Whirly Dirly creates huge immortality blunder - Express - August 26th, 2020
- Sleeps With Monsters: Into the Woods With Emily Tesh and Carrie Vaughn - tor.com - August 26th, 2020
- Emily Dickinson is the unlikely hero of our time - Fairfield Citizen - August 26th, 2020
- Doom Patrol Leaves the Fate of the Whole Team Up in the Air | CBR - CBR - Comic Book Resources - August 26th, 2020
- Parenting in a pandemic? Your teen is counting on you more than ever - Your Valley - August 26th, 2020
- ALLEN IVERSON PAYS TRIBUTE TO KOBE Greatness needs company, and we needed each other. - Basketball Network - August 26th, 2020
- Lovecraft Country: Why the Sons of Adams Ritual Failed | CBR - CBR - Comic Book Resources - August 26th, 2020
- Lord of the Rings: 10 Things That Make No Sense About Orcs - Screen Rant - August 26th, 2020
- Hakuho may be on path to becoming great stablemaster if latest recruit pans out - The Japan Times - August 26th, 2020
- The Unbelievable True Story Of How The Memphis Pyramid Became A Bass Pro Shops - Forbes - August 26th, 2020
- American Horror Story: Every Immortal Character In The Show - Screen Rant - August 20th, 2020
- A look back at the faces of 170 years ago and more - Key West Florida Weekly - August 20th, 2020
- Moussa Dembele and the YouTube obsession that has Celtic icon on verge of Champions League immortality - Daily Record - August 20th, 2020
- Words from the Heart: The Message | Columnists | thesuntimes.com - Heber Springs Sun-Times - August 20th, 2020
- Eagles, the worshipped bird of prey of the ancient civilizations - Egypttoday - August 20th, 2020
- 'Burgh's Best to Wear It, No. 13: From midgets to the NFL, Dan Marino wore lucky number - TribLIVE - August 20th, 2020
- Ashton Kutcher Burned an Original Artwork to Promote a New Blockchain Marketplace Where Art Can (Kind of) Live Forever - artnet News - August 20th, 2020
- Aug. 19, 1951: Before Eddie Gaedel went to the plate, the Post-Dispatch got a heads-up - Houston Herald - August 20th, 2020
- 10 Questions We Have After Watching The Old Guard | ScreenRant - Screen Rant - August 20th, 2020
- Emotional character study 'The Truth' opens at the Ross this Friday - Daily Nebraskan - August 20th, 2020
- Astrology 2020: Message of the Day (August 20) - NewsroomPost - August 20th, 2020
- Why This Russian Billionaire Is Creating A Virtual Reality World For Music Festivals And Concerts - Forbes - August 20th, 2020
- Immortality or Bust - Film Threat - July 21st, 2020
- Keanu Reeves New Comic Book Is About An Immortal, But Its Not Autobiographical - Comic Years - July 21st, 2020
- Here's how you can win over 83 years of free Netflix service - Retail News Asia - July 21st, 2020
- Meryl Streep's Funniest Movie Characters and Their Best Moments - Showbiz Cheat Sheet - July 21st, 2020
- A Conversation With Director Gina Prince-Bythewood : 1A - NPR - July 21st, 2020
- ATEMS graduation allows Class of 2020 to rise from the ashes of a broken year - Abilene Reporter-News - July 21st, 2020
- Looking at nature, death, and immortality with a famous poet - McDonough Voice - July 17th, 2020
- The Old Guard: Why Andy Loses Her Immortality | Screen Rant - Screen Rant - July 17th, 2020
- Netflixs The Old Guard: A revolutionary, ancient gay romance - Vox.com - July 17th, 2020
- Where father, son correspond - Featured - The Island Now - July 17th, 2020
- Rockfield Studios: Where Ozzy, Oasis, Queen and Coldplay took off - BBC News - July 17th, 2020
- American Vampire by Snyder & Albuquerque returns this October with '70s setting and vibe - GamesRadar+ - July 17th, 2020
- The Old Guard ending explained and sequel news - RadioTimes - July 17th, 2020
- Fun, Guns, and Mum: New Stuff to Watch! - Omaha Reader - July 17th, 2020
- Warrior Nun Ending Explained What Happens to Ava and Adriel at the End of Warrior Nun? - Esquire - July 17th, 2020
- The 8 desires of human life and how to fulfill them - Times Now - July 17th, 2020
- Decade's best No. 1: Loyalsock's baseball team won 2013 PIAA Class AA title in one of state's most exciting finals | News, Sports, Jobs - Williamsport... - July 17th, 2020
- The only shame is that Liverpool brilliance will escape history books - Football365.com - July 17th, 2020
- The Old Guard revs up the senses with great action and fascinating story - culturemap.com - July 17th, 2020
- When There is Despair, There Will Be Hate Too. And That's Not a Bad Thing - The Wire - July 17th, 2020
- The Old Guard's New Trailer Dives Into the Painful Side of Immortality - Gizmodo UK - July 6th, 2020
- Charlize Theron in The Old Guard on Netflix: Film Review - Variety - July 6th, 2020
- Doctor Who Theory: How Rassilon Fits Into The Timeless Child Retcon - Screen Rant - July 6th, 2020
- Its Negligence: Young People Hosting Coronavirus Parties, Betting On Who Gets Infected First - CBS Pittsburgh - July 6th, 2020
- Through a Blur of Migratory Birds, Photographer Sankar Sridhar Captures the Rituals of the Yamuna River - Colossal - July 6th, 2020
- Carli Lloyd: I Want Young Players To Be Inspired By My Journey - Forbes - July 6th, 2020
- Altered Carbon Season 3 : Release Date, Cast, Plot And Other News - Auto Freak - July 6th, 2020
- Madhya Pradeshs new cabinet shows that a slow Congressisation of the BJP is happening - ThePrint - July 6th, 2020
- Batman Beyond Just Brought The Future [SPOILER] Back To Life - Screen Rant - July 6th, 2020
- A battle to defend the soul of football: How Spain achieved immortality at the 2010 World Cup - The Independent - June 17th, 2020
- Dream Team missed date with immortality - The Herald - June 17th, 2020
- Virtual U.S. Open: Palmer, Boros and other challengers - Pro Golf Now - June 17th, 2020
- Health benefits of giloy juice and easy kadha recipes - Times of India - June 17th, 2020
- Where do you want Liverpool to win Premier League title and what do you predict will happen? - Liverpool Echo - June 17th, 2020
- Stephen King Has a Friday the 13th Book He Wants to Write About Jason Voorhees - MovieWeb - June 17th, 2020
- Star Wars Just Wiped Darth Plagueis Backstory From Continuity - We Got This Covered - June 17th, 2020
- Bravery in service of the US | Keizertimes | You think you know. To be sure, read Keizertimes. - Keizertimes - June 17th, 2020
- The Afterlife of George Floyd: A Portfolio by Photographer Eli Reed - The Cut - June 17th, 2020
- American Horror Story: Every Character Who Became The Supreme - Screen Rant - June 17th, 2020
- Why is the 2000s the PBA's forgotten decade? - ESPN - June 17th, 2020
- Guardian: The Lonely and Great God Season 2 What Is The Status Of Renewal? And Is It Cancelled? - Pop Culture Times - June 17th, 2020
- Bihar will get nothing from personal attack on me, focus on real issues: Tejashwi tells BJP, Nitish - Outlook India - June 13th, 2020
- Judd Apatow Tells How the Wallflowers One Headlight Came to Illuminate King of Staten Island: Its Personal - Variety - June 13th, 2020
- How racism revealed the fragility of an entire sport - Majorca Daily Bulletin - June 13th, 2020
- Book World: Those who built the bomb, those who used it and those who survived it - Alton Telegraph - June 13th, 2020
- Bahrain king pardons 16 jailed OFWs; 11 deported to PH - UNTV News - UNTV News - June 13th, 2020
- Netflix Said No to Streaming Tommy Wiseau's The Room - MovieWeb - June 13th, 2020
- Dinosaur toys and golf clubs: the strange things astronauts take to the moon - The Guardian - June 13th, 2020
- Copa America: Will 12-month delay enhance Messi and Argentina's chances of glory? - Yahoo! Voices - June 13th, 2020
- 10 Inspirational Quotes by Swami Vivekananda For a Life of Freedom And Tranquility - India.com - June 13th, 2020
- Does Thanos Have Superpowers (WITHOUT Infinity Stones)? - Screen Rant - June 13th, 2020
- Kansas City Chiefs Who Could Be Future Hall of Famers (Part 2) - Chiefs Digest - June 13th, 2020
- The Eternals When Can We Expect It In Theatres? What Leaks Are Coming And What Are New Updates? - Pop Culture Times - June 13th, 2020
- What Does It Mean to Tear Down a Statue? - The New York Times - June 13th, 2020
- Less than zero: how Pointlesss tweaked finale made fools of us all - The Guardian - May 25th, 2020
- Erling Braut Haaland is Robert Lewandowski's heir apparent we have been waiting for - The National - May 25th, 2020