COLUMBUS, Ohio The Ohio Department of Health reported 1,285 new COVID-19 cases in the state today, bringing the total number of cases to 1,077,284.
As of last Thursday, statewide, Ohio reported 155.6 cases per 100,000 residents over the preceding two weeks, the metric being used to determine when state health orders will be lifted.
The chart below shows the progress over time toward the 50 case-per-100,000-people threshold that must be met.
RELATED: Are we below 50 cases per 100,000? Heres how close Ohio is to lifting statewide health orders
The number of new cases today is lower than the rolling 21-day average of daily cases, which is 1,598. These numbers include both cases confirmed by a viral test and cases that meet the CDC's definition of probable. There have been 904,769 confirmed COVID-19 cases to date, which account for 84% of total cases.
To date, there have been 111,094 total coronavirus cases reported in Cuyahoga County.
There have now been 19,344 coronavirus-related deaths across the state; 60 new deaths were reported.
As other states do not send the death certificates for Ohioans who die out of state to ODH's Bureau of Vital Statistics on a regular schedule, the mortality data provided by Ohio will continue to fluctuate and those deaths will be assigned to their appropriate dates.
As of today, 1,026,498 Ohioans are presumed recovered from the disease, according to the ODH.
The median age of patients is 41 with the age range for infected patients from younger than 1 year old to 111 years old.
The ODH reported 204 new hospitalizations today, with 20 ICU admissions, both of which were higher than the 21-day average. There are currently 1,157 COVID-19 patients in Ohio's hospitals, and 329 COVID-19 patients in the ICU.
Non-COVID patients are currently occupying 70% of the state's hospital beds, according to ODH. COVID-positive patients account for 4%, leaving 26% of beds currently available. COVID patients make up 7% of the state's ICU beds, non-COVID patients are occupying 65% of ICU beds, and 28% of ICU beds are currently open.
Here's how Ohio's vaccination rate compares to other states:
To date, the COVID-19 vaccine has been started in 4,737,400 people in Ohio, which is 40.53% of the state's population. The vaccine has been started in 17,435 people in the last 24 hours.
The COVID-19 vaccination has been completed in a total of 3,892,823 people, which is 33.30% of the state's population. In the last 24 hours, the vaccine has been completed in 27,476 people.
This chart shows the vaccination rates of each Ohio county:
There were 15,868 tests done on May 3, the latest day this data from the ODH was available. Of those tests, 4.7% were positive, compared to the rolling 7-day average positivity rate, which is 3.8%. Click here for details on where to get a COVID-19 test in your area.
View more COVID-19 data visualizations from News 5 here.
View more data from the ODH on their COVID-19 dashboard here.
Note: The charts above are updated from a variety of sources, and may or may not reflect the latest COVID-19 data released by the state. These charts are regularly updated with new data and may not reflect the statistics in the text of this story at the time it was published.
Download the News 5 app for free to easily access local coronavirus coverage, and to receive timely and limited news alerts on major COVID-19 developments. Download now on your Apple device here, and your Android device here.
See complete coverage on our Coronavirus Continuing Coverage page.
Vaccinating Ohio - Find the latest news on the COVID-19 vaccines, Ohio's phased vaccination process, a map of vaccination clinics around the state, and links to sign up for a vaccination appointment through Ohio's online portal.
See data visualizations showing the impact of coronavirus in Ohio, including county-by-county maps, charts showing the spread of the disease, and more.
Rebound Northeast Ohio News 5's initiative to help people through the financial impact of the coronavirus by offering one place to go for information on everything available to help and how to access it. We're providing resources on:
Getting Back to Work - Learn about the latest job openings, how to file for benefits and succeed in the job market.
Making Ends Meet - Find help on topics from rent to food to new belt-tightening techniques.
Managing the Stress - Feeling isolated or frustrated? Learn ways to connect with people virtually, get counseling or manage your stress.
Doing What's Right - Keep track of the way people are spending your tax dollars and treating your community.
We're Open! Northeast Ohio is place created by News 5 to open us up to new ways of thinking, new ways of gathering and new ways of supporting each other.
View a map of COVID-19 testing locations here.
Visit Ohio's Coronavirus website for the latest updates from the Ohio Department of Health.
View a global coronavirus tracker with data from Johns Hopkins University.
- COVID-19 Travel Advisory | Department of Health - June 4th, 2021
- COVID-19: Latest Data - NYC Health - June 4th, 2021
- COVID-19 Vaccine | COVID-19 Vaccine - June 4th, 2021
- Want To Mix 2 Different COVID-19 Vaccines? Canada Is Fine With That - NPR - June 4th, 2021
- COVID-19 hospitalization rates in adolescents went up during March and April - The Verge - June 4th, 2021
- COVID-19 Daily Update 6-4-2021 - West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources - June 4th, 2021
- Gov. Reynolds releases statement on COVID-19 public service announcement | Office of the Governor of Iowa - Governor Kim Reynolds - June 4th, 2021
- U.S. authorizes Regeneron's COVID-19 antibody therapy for injection - Reuters - June 4th, 2021
- Biggest challenge to reach herd immunity is vaccinating those who had COVID-19, APH says - KXAN.com - June 4th, 2021
- Department of Health Announces Free COVID-19 Testing Site in Luzerne and Cumberland Counties - Pennsylvania Pressroom - June 4th, 2021
- Louisiana State Parks Offer Free Admission to People Vaccinated Against COVID-19 as the State Works to Bring Back Louisiana Summer | Office of... - June 4th, 2021
- Coronavirus tally: Global cases of COVID-19 top 172 million and more than 2 billion vaccine doses have been administered - MarketWatch - June 4th, 2021
- Study: Patients Receiving Dialysis at Higher Risk of COVID-19 Infection - Pharmacy Times - June 4th, 2021
- The Origin of COVID-19 and Preventing the Next Pandemic - War on the Rocks - June 4th, 2021
- Immokalee family loses 4th loved one to COVID-19, have special wish - Wink News - June 4th, 2021
- North Dakota saw continuing decline in COVID-19 cases, hospitalizations in the last week - INFORUM - June 4th, 2021
- When a Surgeon Became a Covid-19 Patient: I Had Never Faced the Reality of Death - The New York Times - June 4th, 2021
- Small business COVID-19 relief brought over $1B to Tysons area - Tysons Reporter - June 4th, 2021
- How Fear and Covid-19 Tore Apart One New Delhi Neighborhood - The New York Times - June 4th, 2021
- Tracking COVID-19 in Alaska: 46 cases and no deaths reported Thursday - Anchorage Daily News - June 4th, 2021
- FLASH REPORT #160 - COVID-19 Response and Recovery | News - City of San Jose, CA - May 20th, 2021
- COVID-19 Tests Highlight Need for Strengthened FDA Oversight and Diagnostics Legislation - The Pew Charitable Trusts - May 20th, 2021
- Preventing and mitigating COVID-19 at work - World Health Organization - May 20th, 2021
- Statement of the COVID-19 subcommittee of the WHO Global Advisory Committee on Vaccine Safety (GACVS) on safety signals related to the Johnson &... - May 20th, 2021
- They Returned To India To Be Near Their Fathers, But Lost Them Both To COVID-19 - NPR - May 20th, 2021
- Medicare and Telehealth: Coverage and Use During the COVID-19 Pandemic and Options for the Future - Kaiser Family Foundation - May 20th, 2021
- COVID-19 in Nursing Homes: Most Homes Had Multiple Outbreaks and Weeks of Sustained Transmission from May 2020 through January 2021 - Government... - May 20th, 2021
- Orange County Distributing Weather Radios at COVID-19 Vaccination Sites - Orange County Government, Florida - May 20th, 2021
- Tracking COVID-19 in Alaska: 97 cases and 1 death reported Wednesday - Anchorage Daily News - May 20th, 2021
- Baker-Polito Administration to Lift COVID Restrictions May 29, State to Meet Vaccination Goal by Beginning of June - Mass.gov - May 20th, 2021
- Change is Coming in California: Top 10 Revisions to COVID-19 Workplace Safety Rules for Employers - JD Supra - May 20th, 2021
- UPDATED: Blues dealing with discrepancies in COVID-19 testing - St. Louis Game Time - May 20th, 2021
- Europe to Open Borders to Tourists Vaccinated Against Covid-19 - The Wall Street Journal - May 20th, 2021
- New CDC guidance on timing of COVID-19 shots and other vaccines, a game changer - WKOW - May 20th, 2021
- Where COVID-19 has and hasn't spread since states reopened: Analysis - ABC News - May 20th, 2021
- COVID-19 Coronavirus Information | Danville, VA - Official ... - May 16th, 2021
- 76-year-old with COVID-19 wakes up moments before cremation in India: reports - WBOY.com - May 16th, 2021
- MAY 16: 6,000 Iowans have died from COVID-19, less than 150 new cases - kwwl.com - May 16th, 2021
- Investigate the origins of COVID-19 - Science Magazine - May 16th, 2021
- 1,000 COVID-19 vaccines available in City of Kyle mass vaccination event - KXAN.com - May 16th, 2021
- COVID-19 leaves Minnesota's Weights and Measures office strapped for cash | The Globe - The Globe - May 16th, 2021
- Can my employer ask if I have received the COVID-19 vaccine? What you need to know - WBOY.com - May 16th, 2021
- Virginia lifts mask mandate, will end COVID-19 restrictions on May 28 - Inside NoVA - May 16th, 2021
- This is the biggest contagion spot for COVID-19 in airports - KHON2 - May 16th, 2021
- Foreign expedition abandons Everest attempt citing COVID-19 risks - Reuters - May 16th, 2021
- Letter from the Editor: COVID-19 vaccine status of teacher was core to story - OregonLive - May 16th, 2021
- Schools Are Helping With COVID-19 Contact Tracing : Shots - Health News - NPR - May 16th, 2021
- Blues' David Perron placed on COVID-19 protocol list days before playoffs - The Athletic - May 16th, 2021
- Chest Burning Sensation and COVID-19: An Emergency Symptom - Healthline - May 16th, 2021
- 'Black Fungus' Infection Adds To India's COVID-19 Burden : Goats and Soda - NPR - May 16th, 2021
- KFF COVID-19 Vaccine Monitor: COVID-19 Vaccine Access, Information, and Experiences Among Hispanic Adults in the US | KFF - Kaiser Family Foundation - May 16th, 2021
- COVID-19 Risk-Based Guidelines Updated to Factor in Vaccination - AustinTexas.gov - May 4th, 2021
- Inside Indias COVID-19 Surge - The New Yorker - May 4th, 2021
- Don't skip your second dose of the COVID-19 vaccine, health experts warn - The Texas Tribune - May 4th, 2021
- Supply vs Demand: Which States are Reaching their COVID-19 Vaccine Tipping Points? - Kaiser Family Foundation - May 4th, 2021
- COVID-19 in Arkansas: Gov. Hutchinson sets goal to have 50% of Arkansans receive at least one shot in next 90 days - KARK - May 4th, 2021
- New COVID-19 infections in France slow down further - Reuters - May 4th, 2021
- What we know about DeSantis executive order suspending local COVID-19 restrictions - Tampa Bay Times - May 4th, 2021
- Factbox: Reaction to suspension of IPL due to COVID-19 crisis - Reuters India - May 4th, 2021
- Europes Troubled Covid-19 Vaccine Rollout Turns the Corner - The Wall Street Journal - May 4th, 2021
- New Efforts to Manage Indias Second Wave of COVID-19 Infections - JD Supra - May 4th, 2021
- Do COVID-19 tests exaggerate the number of positive cases? - Grand Forks Herald - May 4th, 2021
- Study: First Wave COVID-19 Infection Rates in Health Care Workers Reflected General Population - Pharmacy Times - May 4th, 2021
- Tracking COVID-19 in Alaska: 1 death and 271 new cases reported over weekend - Anchorage Daily News - May 4th, 2021
- COVID-19 in South Dakota: 229 total new cases; Death toll at 1,973; Active cases at 1,445 - KELOLAND.com - May 4th, 2021
- How COVID-19 magnified the 'extreme disparities' in housing between Black, white residents - Courier Journal - May 4th, 2021
- India's recovery to be hit by COVID-19 surge; fiscal metrics to remain weak-S&P - Reuters India - May 4th, 2021
- N.Korea says COVID-19 vaccines are 'no panacea,' warns of lengthy battle - Reuters - May 4th, 2021
- Beshear stresses convenience of getting COVID-19 vaccine - Associated Press - May 4th, 2021
- Why treating Covid-19 with drugs is harder than you think - BBC News - May 4th, 2021
- May is Mental Health Awareness Month; impacts of COVID-19 on mental health (BOCC) - Larimer County - May 4th, 2021
- Next Generation of Covid-19 Vaccines Could Be Pill or Spray - The Wall Street Journal - May 4th, 2021
- Bentz urges Gov. Brown to lift renewed COVID-19 restrictions - KTVZ - May 4th, 2021
- Heres What Indias Journalists Told Me About The Covid-19 Surge There - Forbes - May 3rd, 2021
- Russia lags behind others in its COVID-19 vaccination drive - ABC News - May 3rd, 2021
- May 2 update on COVID-19 in MN: State nearing 2 million residents with completed vaccinations - Minnesota Public Radio News - May 3rd, 2021
- Russia is falling behind on its COVID-19 vaccination drive - MarketWatch - May 3rd, 2021
- EXPLAINER: COVID-19, far-right are top themes in Madrid vote - Associated Press - May 3rd, 2021
- Taiwan's first batch of COVID-19 aid leaves for India - Reuters India - May 3rd, 2021
- Indian industry body urges curbs to economic activity to save lives - Reuters India - May 3rd, 2021