Tyler Thompson dominated Saturday nights 50-lap supermodified feature at the Oswego Speedway. But coming off the fourth turn on the final lap, his car ran out of fuel, allowing teammate Max McLaughlin to nip him at the checkered flag by a car length for his first-ever supermodified feature win.
On the cool down lap after his $2,000 triumph, McLaughlins super also ran out of fuel as he coasted into victory lane. The Jason Simmons Racing team cars made up the front row for the main event. McLaughlin led the first 10 laps before Thompson motored around him and went out to a comfortable lead.
Team owner Jason Simmons was especially pleased after the show.
This was a great night for the entire team, said the owner. We had the two fastest cars at the track and much of the credit goes to crew my chief David OConnor and his guys. Last week Tyler blew a motor and Max didnt get much track time and it was great seeing those two cars out front.
McLaughlin is currently one of the most versatile drivers in short-track racing. So far this season, this 21-year-old Mooresville, North Carolina, racer has piloted dirt modifieds, asphalt mods, ARCA late models, USAC midgets and NASCAR trucks.
But after his second night in a super and his first feature win, McLaughlin is impressed with his newest open-wheel machine.
These are the fastest cars Ive ever driven, said McLaughlin.
Dave Shullick Jr. battled up through the pack and closed in on the leaders in the final laps, but the Ohio speedster had to settle for third. Third-generation racer Brandon Bellinger was fourth, with Jeff Abold, Dave Danzer, Otto Sitterly, Dan Connors, Joe Gosek and Lou Levea Jr. making up the top 10 finishers.
Nick Kinney was making just his second start in a 350 super Saturday, but he led from start to finish to pick up a $900 check. John Tesoriero, Barry Kingsley, Kyle Perry and Vern LaFave followed.
Brad and Bryan Haynes became the first brothers to finish first and second in an Oswego feature in the 30-lap small-block super finale. Cameron Rowe and Brian Sobus were third and fourth.
Several serious spills marred Oswegos second show of the year. Ryan Locke and Mike Bruce came out uninjured, but their cars were heavily damaged.
TIM SEARS SCORES SECOND FULTON 358 MODIFIED VICTORY
In Saturday nights 358 modified feature at the Fulton Speedway, Tim Sears rolled into victory lane for the second time this season. Larry Wight chased Sears to the checkers, with Todd Root, Pat Ward and Ron Davis III filling out the top five.
The large field of crate sportsmen needed two feature races, with Josh Livingston and Richard Murtaugh each picking up a victory. Brian Knowles took late model honors, with Paul DeRuyter winning the novice sportsman finale.
MATT SHEPPARD WINS 58TH SEASON OPENER AT LAND OF LEGENDS
Matt Sheppard broke out of a mini-slump by winning the 58th season opener Saturday night at the Land of Legends Speedway. It was his fourth win of the 2021 season and his 82nd career triumph at this half-mile Canandaigua oval.
Erick Rudolph was second, followed by Justin Haers and Peter Britten.
STEWART FRIESEN WINS 71ST CAREER FONDA FEATURE
Stewart Friesen continues to rack up feature wins on the Upstate New York dirt modified circuit. On Saturday night, the Sprakers driver won at Fonda Speedway for his 12th feature win in 20 outings for his Halmar Racing team.
It was his 71st career win on this half-mile, fairgrounds oval.
Lebanon Valley: L.J. Lombardo, Marc Johnson and Alden Dwyer were the three top big-block modifieds over the line Saturday night at the Lebanon Valley Speedway.
Whelen Modified Tour: Doug Coby took the lead on lap 176 and went on to win the 200-lap Whelen Modified Tour race at the quarter-mile Riverhead (Long Island) Speedway.
Thunder Mountain: Eric Leet won Saturdays modified main event at the Thunder Mountain Speedway, and Rusty Smith was the 358 modified victor.
MSA Supers: The Midwest Supermodified Association opened its 2021 season Saturday night at the Lorain County (Ohio) Speedway. Trent Stephens came away with the feature win, with Bobby Santos III, Talon Stephens, Rich Reid and Moe Lilje following.
Outlaws at the Grove: Aaron Reutzel picked up a nice $15,000 check for winning Saturday nights 30-lap World of Outlaws Sprint Tour feature at the Williams Grove (Pennsylvania) Speedway. Giovanni Scalzi and Lance Dewease were second and third.
- Fauci: Paul doesn't know what he's talking about | TheHill - The Hill - July 27th, 2021
- Should the US return to the gold standard? No - The Daily World - July 27th, 2021
- Should the US Return to the Gold Standard? InsideSources - InsideSources - July 27th, 2021
- TEXAS Thumbs: Texas Dems in disarray and Houston gets snubbed HOUSTON CHRONICLE - Houston Chronicle - July 27th, 2021
- VAERS reports may initiate investigations into potential associations between a vaccine and adverse events, but on their own cannot prove causality -... - July 27th, 2021
- Selected Quotes And Seven Lessons From The Hard Money Mini-Documentary - bitcoinist.com - July 27th, 2021
- POLITICO Playbook: Is McCarthy prepared for Trump's wrath about the Jan. 6 committee? - POLITICO - Politico - July 27th, 2021
- 'Wet Hot American Summer' cast 20 years later: Where are they now? - Wonderwall - July 27th, 2021
- Sen. Rand Paul wades into Texas governor's race against Gov. Abbott - Houston Chronicle - July 23rd, 2021
- Ron Paul: 'Ed-Exit' To Protect Your Kids From Critical Race Theory OpEd - Eurasia Review - July 23rd, 2021
- Thirty Years After Slacker, the Film Is an Austin Time CapsuleAnd a Hopeful Tribute to Its Spirit - Texas Monthly - July 23rd, 2021
- Cornyn Joins Letter Urging Biden Administration to Abandon the Tax-Hike Proposal on Farmers and Ranchers - Senator John Cornyn - July 23rd, 2021
- Short Redhead Reel Reviews for the week of July 23 - ECM Publishers - July 23rd, 2021
- Letters to the Editor: July 22, 2021 - TCPalm - July 23rd, 2021
- It will be remembered: Trump allies cross him in special election - POLITICO - July 18th, 2021
- Sens. Rick Scott, Ron Johnson and Colleagues on Democrats' Partisan Spending Bill: America Needs to Invest in Infrastructure Without Out-of-Control... - July 18th, 2021
- Lifting the U.S. Embargo Against Cuba Will Create Wealth and Prosperity for Both Countries - Energy & Capital - July 18th, 2021
- Wild and the Expansion Draft: What you need to know - BlueJackets.com - July 18th, 2021
- All-time City Golf champions - The Herald-Times - July 18th, 2021
- Want to Buy a Luxury Watch? Read These 7 Pro Tips First - The Wall Street Journal - July 18th, 2021
- What issues will guide the 2022 election? Check ads from GOP senators - Deseret News - July 18th, 2021
- Sunday's letters: Blame unvaccinated for pandemic, women stand against abortion ban, more - Sarasota Herald-Tribune - July 18th, 2021
- Daye looks back on over 40 years as local banker - Wilkes Journal Patriot - July 14th, 2021
- Golfing with Wynn: Could there be a dynasty forming in the Tuesday Men's League? - St. Albans Messenger - July 14th, 2021
- Sports for the Record: Wednesday, July 14, 2021 | Sports News | tulsaworld.com - Tulsa World - July 14th, 2021
- The Point, July 14, 2021: 'The Bay Is Really Hurting': Red Tide Kills Thousands Of Fish In Tampa Bay - WUFT - July 14th, 2021
- COVID Community Test Sites In Mpls., St. Paul, Bloomington To Close By End Of The Week - CBS Minnesota - June 28th, 2021
- Around the County - Runnels County Register - June 28th, 2021
- Pride Parties, Openings, And More FOMO-inducing Events From The Weekend! - Daily Front Row - June 28th, 2021
- Trump isnt the dictator: Wisconsin GOP inches away from Trump - POLITICO - June 28th, 2021
- Lets run Selective Service up the flagpole and see if anyone salutes - The Boston Globe - June 28th, 2021
- The Life And Career Of Ron Johnson (Complete Story) - Browns Nation - June 28th, 2021
- Rease and Keshequa made winning a habit - pickinsplinters.com - June 28th, 2021
- Ron Paul: Let Bitcoin Compete With the Dollar - Yahoo Finance - June 4th, 2021
- Former congressman Ron Paul: Bitcoin is money and should be taxed the same - Cointelegraph - June 4th, 2021
- Bitcoin 2021 conference: Speaker line-up and what to expect... - The US Sun - June 4th, 2021
- Ron Johnson is still weighing whether to run for a third senate term next year, but says he's 'panicked' for the nation - Milwaukee Journal Sentinel - June 4th, 2021
- Sen. Rick Scott Doubles Down on Call for Congressional Investigation into the Origins of COVID-19 | SENATOR RICK SCOTT - Senator Rick Scott - June 4th, 2021
- Ron Onesti: "Have I told you " - Chicago Daily Herald - June 4th, 2021
- University of Michigan to retain name on Weiser Hall, president says - MLive.com - June 4th, 2021
- Bird Droppings: Arizona Cardinals start OTAs, Kyler Murray leading the way, Cardinals sign new punter, PFFs - Revenge of the Birds - June 4th, 2021
- Will The Bitcoin Miami Conference Be A Catalyst For Recovery? - bitcoinist.com - June 4th, 2021
- Entertainment Leaders Call on Celebrities and Influencers to Stop Spreading Misinformation about Israeli-Palestinian Conflict - PRNewswire - May 18th, 2021
- Last Call for 5.17.21 A prime-time read of what's going down in Florida politics - Florida Politics - May 18th, 2021
- Election filing week kicks off with a few surprises - The Columbian - May 18th, 2021
- Paul Bettany Answers Every Question We Have About A Knights Tale - Vulture - May 16th, 2021
- Utica man producing film about the history of radio - The Oakland Press - May 16th, 2021
- Gov. DeSantis appoints three to the Southwest Florida Water Management District Governing Board - Florida Politics - May 16th, 2021
- Twin Cities' biggest film fest includes 'Claw,' hits from around the world - Minneapolis Star Tribune - May 16th, 2021
- Remember to say thank you before it is too late - The Daily Times - May 16th, 2021
- St. David and Benson win Baseball Championships - All Sports Tucson - May 16th, 2021
- Rand Paul clashes with Fauci over coronavirus origins | TheHill - The Hill - May 14th, 2021
- Twin Cities playwright and critic William Randall Beard dies at 64 - Minneapolis Star Tribune - May 11th, 2021
- Joy calls Tucker Carlson and Ron Johnson are the absolute worst for spreading COVID disinformation - Yahoo News - May 11th, 2021
- The 25 Worst Animated Movies, According to Critics - Newsweek - May 9th, 2021
- St. Paul man who helped burn down Third Precinct sentenced to prison and $12 million restitution - MinnPost - May 9th, 2021
- Willmar Stingers: Gardy set to appear in Willmar - West Central Tribune - May 9th, 2021
- Ron Bumblefoot Thal: Every time I do an acoustic version of something, I realize how beautiful the song is at its core - Guitar World - May 9th, 2021
- God rejoices in the truth | Religion | gettysburgtimes.com - Gettysburg Times - April 25th, 2021
- Do donors have too much influence over universities? - University World News - April 25th, 2021
- Five States Where Republicans Are Trying to Block Marijuana Legalization - CelebStoner - April 25th, 2021
- Here's Brunch, a pop-up, weekend email during the 2021 Legislative Session 4.25.21 - Florida Politics - April 25th, 2021
- Fredrick Brennan Is the Founder of 8chan. Now He Wants to Take It Offline. - Jacobin magazine - April 21st, 2021
- Party Politics: The Politics of Scandal - Houston Public Media - April 19th, 2021
- Ron Price's coaching longevity will be tough to eclipse - Los Angeles Times - April 19th, 2021
- Rekha Basu: I've had a vaccine 'passport' since childhood. What's all the fuss about? - desmoinesregister.com - April 19th, 2021
- How to improve policing in Florida and beyond | Letters - Tampa Bay Times - April 19th, 2021
- Winter's return, threat of new health restrictions tough blows for businesses - Winnipeg Free Press - April 19th, 2021
- Stephen Colbert Goes Off On Ron Paul Wearing 'Daisy Dukes' Shorts In Interview - HuffPost - April 15th, 2021
- Can You Get a 'Vaccine Passport'? And Other Questions, Answered - The New York Times - April 15th, 2021
- The Lessons of the Afghan War - National Review - April 15th, 2021
- Trump's early endorsements reveal GOP rift | TheHill - The Hill - April 15th, 2021
- This Florida Man may lead the GOP out of the wilderness | Column - Tampa Bay Times - April 15th, 2021
- Recent UW grad, an Afghan Kurdish poet, wins $90,000 scholarship for immigrants with exceptional potential - University of Wisconsin-Madison - April 15th, 2021
- Ron Paul: Why Is Biden Administration Pushing Ukraine To Attack Russia? OpEd - Eurasia Review - April 6th, 2021
- Ron Paul Warns of Government Crackdown on Bitcoin 'The Government Is the Threat' Regulation Bitcoin News - Bitcoin News - April 6th, 2021
- "The government is the threat" says Ron Paul on Bitcoin - Techstory - April 6th, 2021
- Ron Paul: The government is the threat against Bitcoin Explica .co - Explica - April 6th, 2021
- Kane Honored With Senate Joint Resolution For His WWE Hall Of Fame Induction - Wrestling Inc. - April 6th, 2021
- MSU inducts Thigpen, Gregory, DuBose into Ron Polk Ring of Honor - The Dispatch - The Commercial Dispatch - April 6th, 2021