A man said to have been stabbed 56 times after he was lured to a secluded spot and set upon has told a court he "lives that night over and over".
Giving evidence from behind a screen, Karl Johnson told Mold Crown Court that it was his friend Nathan Roberts who had attacked him.
Roberts denies attempted murder and wounding with intent to cause grievous bodily harm.
He accepts that he arranged to meet Mr Johnson down a dark lane near to the entrance to Corus Steel in Garden City on October 21 last year, claiming it was because he wanted to buy cocaine and the area was "convenient for drug dealing".
But Mr Johnson told the jury he was "not a drug dealer" and had driven to North Wales to collect money Roberts owed him.
It is alleged that Roberts struck Mr Johnson over the head, rendering him defenceless, and launched a "sustained knife attack" as Mr Johnson got back into his car.
The 28-year-old, of Chester Close, Shotton, Flintshire, claims it wasn't him but two black men wearing dark tracksuits who spoke with "foreign accents".
He said that, after they fled, he moved Mr Johnson into the passenger seat of the car and got into the driver's seat, saying he was going to get him to hospital, but stopped at the Texaco petrol station on Sealand Road to put air in a flat tyre.
The court heard that blood-soaked Mr Johnson staggered out of the car and collapsed on the floor of the petrol station shop while Roberts bought cans of beer and Red Bull.
Mr Johnson was rushed to hospital and needed surgery.
When he came around, he told doctors that two other men had carried out the attack - but told the jury he had no recollection of saying that in his evidence.
He said: "As far as I'm concerned, the only person there was me and my mate Nathan.
"I'm living that night over and over."
Asked by the defence whether the stabbing was linked to drugs and whether he was "treading on the toes of other dealers", Mr Johnson said: "I'm not a drug dealer. I was in the middle of nowhere."
Under cross examination, it was put to him that it wasn't Roberts who stabbed him, but Mr Johnson said: "There was no one else there."
He added: "It was Nathan who attacked me.
"I wish it wasn't. I wish that day had never happened.
"I'm suffering. I've got to live with that day for the rest of my life."
The court heard that police found cocaine and cannabis in Mr Johnson's car, along with 600 in cash, a set of scales, and some bicarbonate of soda, which the defence suggested can be used to cut cocaine.
Mr Johnson said that, while he owned up to everything that was in the car, some of it - including the cocaine - wasn't his.
The court also heard from Mohammed Arshad, a cashier who was working in the Texaco garage on the night the two men came in at around 9pm.
He described one as "in pain and full of blood", who was "making noises" and saying: "Oh my God."
The other man bought some Red Bull and beers and Mr Arshad described him as looking "totally confused", but said he was trying to help the victim by taking off his friend's jacket and using it on his chest and attempting to give him water.
Mr Arshad said he called for an ambulance and heard one of them say they'd been attacked with a knife.
The trial continues.
Read more here:
- Sealand firing times 4 to 22 January 2021 - GOV.UK - GOV.UK - January 13th, 2021
- Global Agriculture Equipment Assembly Market Expected To Reach Highest CAGR By 2026: Agrabase, Rockwell Automation, Fairlawn Tool, Herker Industries,... - January 13th, 2021
- Winter visitors: Seals popping up on beaches along the Outer Banks - OBXToday.com - January 9th, 2021
- Kent from the skies in the 1970s and 80s - Kent Online - January 9th, 2021
- Maersk completes brand integration - Fruitnet - January 5th, 2021
- The day Wrexham FC were Palace party-poopers and hit Charlton Athletic for six - LeaderLive - January 5th, 2021
- Will Self on being ennobled in the New Year's honours list - The New European - January 3rd, 2021
- Who Are Seal And Heidi Klum's Four Kids? | TheThings - TheThings - December 10th, 2020
- In the wake of rebrand controversy, Fletcher must learn to value community opinions - Tufts Daily - December 10th, 2020
- Bad Sex in Fiction Award Is Canceled, as 2020 Was Bad Enough - The New York Times - December 10th, 2020
- Spire Recovery Solutions Proudly Supports Fallen Military Heroes and Their Families - insideARM.com - December 10th, 2020
- Giving Powered by Matching Gifts - West Liberty University News & Media Relations - December 10th, 2020
- Great white shark attacks seal and leaves half-eaten carcass floating in harbour - Daily Star - December 10th, 2020
- Boston Celtics: The Daniel Theis and Tristan Thompson debate - Hoops Habit - December 10th, 2020
- Skip Alston Named Chairman Of The Board A Sixth Time - The Rhino TImes - December 10th, 2020
- LaRose issues statement on House passage of HB 473 - The Highland County Press - December 10th, 2020
- MOL vessel GAS AGILITY Undergoes LNG Bunkering to the world's largest LNG fueled container vessel - American Journal of Transportation - November 22nd, 2020
- The Navy is offering bonuses up to $125,000 to keep SEAL officers in uniform - Business Insider - Business Insider - November 22nd, 2020
- Veterans Day Observed with Caution in Great Falls - Virginia Connection Newspapers - November 22nd, 2020
- The spirits of Christmas: drinkable homemade gifts recipes - The Guardian - November 22nd, 2020
- Shipping industry welcomes IMO decision to give further consideration to USD 5 billion fund to accelerate decarbonization - American Journal of... - November 22nd, 2020
- Castor Oil for Hair: The Pros and Cons, According to Experts - MarieClaire.com - November 22nd, 2020
- At-home medication disposal to address rise in overdoses - Gainesville Sun - November 22nd, 2020
- Innovative retail concept Egg to launch in SA this November - Bizcommunity.com - November 17th, 2020
- JPG on board as Airfields progresses - Place North West - November 17th, 2020
- Sealand firing times 26 October to 13 November 2020 (Updated 26 October 2020) - GOV.UK - October 27th, 2020
- Going green grows jobs and cuts pollution - IOL - October 27th, 2020
- Another link in the chain - UNC Chapell Hill - October 9th, 2020
- Global and Asia Pacific Myristyl Alcohol (CAS 112 72 1) Market to Witness Huge Growth by 2027 Best Companies included in report KLK OLEO, KAO... - October 9th, 2020
- Fighting hunger with the Million Meal Movement - WISHTV.com - October 9th, 2020
- Diving into the history of the Marlborough Sounds reveals a much-changed seascape - Stuff.co.nz - October 9th, 2020
- Hundreds break covid rules to watch 'illegal street race' over the border - North Wales Live - September 18th, 2020
- Third attempt to build 150 homes on Chester flood risk area branded 'nonsense' - Cheshire Live - September 18th, 2020
- The full list of North Wales schools which have reported coronavirus cases - North Wales Live - September 18th, 2020
- Do you remember these golden goals? Welsh stars who have scored real belters - LeaderLive - June 20th, 2020
- Heres Why Sealand Capital Galaxy (LON:SCGL) Must Use Its Cash Wisely - Simply Wall St - March 24th, 2020
- Man who went to see son play in band caught drink-driving on way home - LeaderLive - March 24th, 2020
- 26 Sustainability efforts of the fashion industry in February 2020 - FashionUnited UK - March 5th, 2020
- Meet the kind-hearted truck driver who has helped feed Wrexham's homeless every week for years - LeaderLive - March 5th, 2020
- Meet the sponsor: Sealand Pacific Seafood Trading - Caterer Middle East - March 2nd, 2020
- Reporter takes to the skies: Qualicum Beach flight school now up and running - vancouverislandfreedaily.com - March 2nd, 2020
- Photographer from Deeside on 'cloud nine' with accolade - LeaderLive - February 27th, 2020
- China firms in $10 billion share sale rush as funding rules eased amid virus worries - Reuters - February 27th, 2020
- The Lunar New Year's most talked-about watches - High Horology Journal - February 27th, 2020
- Christmas saved in Sealand as Santa will be coming to the town - LeaderLive - November 30th, 2019
- Rare images of Chester FC's Sealand Road home after it's closure in 1990 - Cheshire Live - October 31st, 2019
- Major police incident on Sealand Road as Texaco garage was shut off to public - Cheshire Live - October 27th, 2019
- Sealand Capital Galaxy (LON:SCGL) Will Have To Spend Its Cash Wisely - Simply Wall St - October 27th, 2019
- Bloodied stab victim collapsed on Texaco garage floor while the other 'bought beer and energy drinks' - Daily Post - October 27th, 2019
- Moshe Oved silver ring, rare British petrol pump globe and William Gladstone's grandfather clock six auction highlights that caught bidders' eyes in... - October 27th, 2019
- Appeal launched over refusal of plans to store cars and caravans on green barrier land in Sealand - Deeside.com - October 20th, 2019
- Coleg Cambria volunteers clean-up streets and rivers of Deeside for community event - Wales247 - October 20th, 2019
- Land and whole farms launched as supply improves in Wales - FarmersWeekly - August 18th, 2017
- Almost 800 drivers caught by new boundary road speed camera in three months - The Chester Standard - August 16th, 2017
- Almost 800 drivers caught by new boundary road speed camera in three months - LeaderLive - August 14th, 2017
- Sealand Natural Resources, Inc. (OTCMKTS:SLNR) Files An 8-K Other Events - Market Exclusive - August 13th, 2017
- What You Must Know About Sealand Capital Galaxy Limited's (LSE:SCGL) Major Investors - Simply Wall St - August 10th, 2017
- Sealand Capital Galaxy Ltd (SCGL) Is Yet to See Trading Action on Aug 9 - Herald KS - August 9th, 2017
- Chester floodplain housing scheme unanimously rejected - ChesterChronicle.co.uk - August 5th, 2017
- sealand | eBay - August 3rd, 2017
- Chaiken Money Flow For Sealand Natural Resources Inc (SLNR) Above Zero - Stock Rover - August 3rd, 2017
- Zeroing in on Yesterday's High: Sealand Natural Resources Inc (SLNR) - Nelson Research - August 3rd, 2017
- Sealand Natural Resources Inc (SLNR) Mesa Moving Average Climbs Above FAMA - JCTY News - August 2nd, 2017
- What Do The Technicals Boil Down To For Sealand Natural Resources Inc (SLNR)? - Rockville Register - August 1st, 2017
- Late night shopping scheme in Chester sees Park & Ride services extended - ChesterChronicle.co.uk - July 30th, 2017
- Sealand Natural Resources Inc (SLNR) Ichimoku Reveals Negative Momentum - Rockville Register - July 29th, 2017
- What Kind of Picture Are the Technicals Painting For Sealand Capital Galaxy Limited (SCGL.L)? - Concord Register - July 26th, 2017
- What Kind of Picture Are the Technicals Painting For Sealand ... - Concord Register - July 26th, 2017
- Oddfellow's Casino - The Quietus - July 26th, 2017
- Sealand | Fifth World Wiki | FANDOM powered by Wikia - July 22nd, 2017
- Sealand - Wikitravel - July 22nd, 2017
- Range Rover invasion at Chester supermarket site - ChesterChronicle.co.uk - July 20th, 2017
- Sealand Natural Resources Inc (SLNR) Pushes Higher 37.14% - DARC News - July 20th, 2017
- WATCH: New Oddfellow's Casino - The Quietus - July 19th, 2017
- Students create app to improve post-stroke care - USC News - July 18th, 2017
- Sealand Natural Resources Inc (SLNR) is a Volume Leader - Nelson Research - July 13th, 2017
- Flooding on Chester's Sealand Road after downpour - ChesterChronicle.co.uk - July 11th, 2017
- About Sealand - Become a Lord, Lady, Baron or Baroness - July 9th, 2017
- Neighborhood Notes: the first week of July - Mission Local - July 8th, 2017
- Maersk ransomware attack may hit 'tens of thousands' of shippers, warns analyst - The Loadstar - June 30th, 2017