BETHEL In late February, Telstar Middle School Dean of Students, Lindsay Luetje, was the recipient of New England League of Middle Schools (NELMS) A+ Administrator Award. She was one of three administrators to be recognized.
Luetje, described by peers as passionate, empathetic and a champion, acts as the schools energizer bunny, whose efforts inside and outside its doors never seem to end.
After teaching eighth grade English/Language Arts for 20 years at Telstar, Luetje was named Dean of TMS Students in 2018. The decision to transition into an administrative role was not easy for Luetje, considering her love for teaching.
Teacher Stephanie Mastroianni submitted a letter to the NELMS, nominating Luetje for the award. The choice was an easy one for her.
Lindsay is a powerhouse, who, as our dean of students, leads the TMS faculty and students with determination, sensitivity and boundless energy, Mastroianni said in her letter.
Superintendent Dave Murphy also spoke on Luetjes value to the school.
This award is well-deserved recognition for an outstanding educator. As the Dean of Telstar Middle School, Lindsay Luetje has been able to effectively build on the relationships she first developed with students, parents and staff during her years as an exemplary classroom teacher in the school, Murphy said. Her level of investment in her students and staff is apparent to all who come in contact with her. Her nomination and ultimate selection for this award is acknowledgement of her many efforts. She is a true champion of her school and has excelled in her role as Dean of Students. We are fortunate to have her as part of the MSAD 44 team.
She is a vital part of the team indeed. Another part of her job is resolving conflicts. Both students and faculty have approached her for help, and sometimes resulting in restorative circles. Mastroianni explained the purpose of the circle is to have the person/people who inflicted harm and the person/people who were harmed come together and talk. The person who was upset has the chance to speak about why they were upset, while the other person listens. Then the person who caused the distress has the opportunity to respond.
Often in these situations Luetje is usually asked by faculty or students for help, simply because they trust her, Mastroianni said. She added that Luetjes well-balanced demeanor plays to her advantage, being able to display empathy and sympathy toward students, but also putting her foot down when they are misbehaving.
Some mornings, students witness Luetjes fun side. The last school day of each month shell play music to kick off Telstars Star Assembly Days, a school-wide assembly that occurs at the end of each month that focuses on topics like perseverance, embracing failure, and building healthy friendships, the latter of which was the most recent topic. Sometimes Luetje will also play music if she feels the school needs a pick-me-up after a rough week.
This past Valentines Day, she took heart cutouts and put pencils in each of them. Staying after hours once again, Luetje went to every locker in the school and taped the cutout on them with the words you matter on them. She wrote personal notes to teachers and stuck them on their doors.
Although her title says Dean of Students, she looks after faculty, too. On difficult days, and even weeks, Luetje will make tea for staff members and has made a crock pot of soup for them to share also.
Luetje volunteers for bus duty, lunch duty and detention duty. When a good portion of school was hit by an illness, Luetje, along with students, helped clean sections of the school because the maintenance crew was short staffed. She also substituted many classes until teachers returned.
One of Luetjes biggest involvements is with the Oxford County Resiliency Project, a group that has tried to reduce the effects Adverse Childhood Experiences (A.C.E.S.) has had on children. Mastroianni noted in her letter that many students come from homes where A.C.E.S. occur frequently. Her work with the project sanctioned Telstar to get a two-year grant worth more than $200,000. The goal of the grant is to develop and sustain a trauma responsive school system.
She is also known for her ability to work with parents.
Ive sat in and taken notes on her phone conversations with parents, Mastroianni said.
Luetje listens to parents perspectives and shares her own with them, using her well-balanced demeanor to ease a tense conversation, if needed.
Her efforts do not stop outside Telstar. She coaches soccer for kindergarteners, takes students out after hours for bowling and movie nights and started a remembrance garden to honor students and staff that have died. Over the past three years, thanks to volunteers, students and donations, more than 1,500 bulbs have been planted.
Last summer she helped provide the best possible experience for Chinese students who traveled to Bethel as part of a program put together by her, Dean of THS Students John Eliot, and other staff. During the Chinese students stay, Luetje planned activities, gave a writing lesson and hosted the entire group at her house for table painting, blueberry picking and bonfire smores. In November, she and Eliot traveled to China with four students for two weeks, where they visited multiple schools, toured Beijing City and visited the Great Wall.
According to Mastroianni, Luetje arrives around 7 a.m. and leaves by 5:30 p.m. at the earliest. Often though, shell stay later. In that window of time she not only carries the weight of being dean to 159 enrolled students, but also still manages to teach one period of public speaking a day to eighth graders. When she is home, she has five-year-old twins waiting for her. Thats a lot to have on one plate, but yet, her energy still seems endless.
I appreciate the recognition for my efforts, but honestly, I dont do this job for awards. I really love what I do middle school kids are my jam, Luetje said.
Please check your email to confirm and complete your registration.
Use the form below to reset your password. When you've submitted your account email, we will send an email with a reset code.
Read this article:
- Odyssey Logistics & Technology TMS Study Reveals Insights Amid the Pandemic on Logistics Technology and Market Conditions - PR Web - August 19th, 2020
- BulkLoads TMS product for bulk commodities will be integrated into Barchart - FreightWaves - August 19th, 2020
- Toyota Kirloskar Motor new car leasing & subscription Program through TMS - United News of India - August 19th, 2020
- Treasury Management System (TMS) Market Size By Product Analysis, By Application, By End-Users, By Regional Outlook, By Top Companies and Forecast to... - August 19th, 2020
- For those in Salem with depression, new clinic provides another resource for treatment - Salem Reporter - July 25th, 2020
- Global TMS(Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation) Coil Market 2020 Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trend and Forecast to 2025 - Red & Black... - July 25th, 2020
- ORANGEBURG PROPERTY TRANSFERS - The Times and Democrat - July 25th, 2020
- Your Healthy Family: Getting help with the stress of uncertainty during a pandemic - KOAA.com Colorado Springs and Pueblo News - July 25th, 2020
- Mauritius club fined for not doing the TMS paperwork - Inside World Football - July 25th, 2020
- Coronavirus: Fifa gives Safa the power to extend the 2019-20 PSL season - Yahoo Sports - July 25th, 2020
- Neurostimulation may herald a new treatment for depression - The Conversation CA - July 25th, 2020
- Global Transportation Management Systems (TMS) Market 2020 Industry Research Manufacturer Landscape, Revenue and Volume Analysis and Segment... - July 25th, 2020
- Racin' Today Dillon Answers 'Haters' With Victory In Texas - RacinToday.com - July 25th, 2020
- Live TMS Treatment from NeuroSpa TMS - WFLA - July 15th, 2020
- Strategy Systems Expands Integration with Trucker Tools, adds Book It Now to TMS Platform - DC Velocity - July 15th, 2020
- ARL Logistics Taps Trucker Tools for Smart Capacity Predictive Freight-Matching, Automated One-Click Load Booking with Book It Now - PR Web - July 15th, 2020
- Global Transportation Management System (TMS) Market 2020: Size, Share, Revenue, Growth, Supply, Top Companies and Forecast Research 2025 - Sports... - July 15th, 2020
- Coupa acquires BELLIN, targeting treasury management (Part 2: TMS Market, Competitors and TAM / Market-Sizing Considerations) - Spend Matters - June 24th, 2020
- Archerhub Launches ALVUS TMS to help Carrier Partners Grow their Businesses - DC Velocity - June 24th, 2020
- Axele TMS allows small, midsize FTL carriers to improve load planning and communications, increase profit - The Trucker - June 24th, 2020
- IMPACT OF COVID-19 ON Talent Management Systems (TMS) RESEARCH, GROWTH TRENDS AND COMPETITIVE ANALYSIS 2020-2026 - Jewish Life News - June 24th, 2020
- Addressing the potential impact of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) on TMS Neuronavigation Systems Market: Industry Size, Trends and Analysis - Jewish... - June 24th, 2020
- Toll Management System(TMS) Market Overview, Environmental Analysis and Forecas - News by aeresearch - June 24th, 2020
- Interview: Steve Guttenberg on Into the Dark's Good Boy, Home for the Holidays, and His Craft - The Mary Sue - June 24th, 2020
- Active Recovery TMS Treats Depression Without Medication - KATU - June 1st, 2020
- TMS focuses on digitalisation and business transformation in third Covid-19 Webinar - Latest Maritime & Shipping News Online - The Maritime... - June 1st, 2020
- TMS ends the year, honors students with virtual award ceremony - thechronicle-news.com - June 1st, 2020
- Impact of Covid-19 Outbreak on Treasury Management System (TMS) Market 2020 Trends, Growth Opportunities, Demand, Application, Top Companies and... - June 1st, 2020
- IndyCar drivers prepare to enter a 'new world' of racing when the season resumes June 6 at Texas Motor Speedway - The Dallas Morning News - June 1st, 2020
- Work begins on Hong Kong rail extension - The Construction Index - June 1st, 2020
- Global TMS(Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation) Coil Market Along With Covid-19 Impact Analysis and Industry Outlook 2020-2026 by Magstim , MagVenture ,... - June 1st, 2020
- Alpega's Freight Exchange, Teleroute, launches an API interface and a new mobile App to help their increasing number of customers work even more... - June 1st, 2020
- Transportation Management Systems (TMS) Market Recent Trends and Developments, Challenges and Opportunities, key drivers and Restraints over the... - May 24th, 2020
- Hilton TMs Save Life of Guest Suffering Heart Attack - Franchising.com - May 24th, 2020
- UltraShipTMS Partners with LeanSwift to Deliver TMS Solutions to Shippers Using Infor M3 ERP - PR Web - May 24th, 2020
- COVID-19: Responding to the business impacts of Transportation Management Systems (TMS) Market 2020: Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Trends,... - May 24th, 2020
- Impact of Covid-19 Talent Management Software (TMS) Market Rising Trends and Global Outlook (2020 To 2027) - Latest Herald - May 4th, 2020
- From the First Message to the Last Mile, BluJay's Latest Software Releases Improve Complex Logistics - DC Velocity - May 4th, 2020
- GlobalTranz Recognized as Top Ten Freight Brokerage for a Third Consecutive Year by Transport Topics - Yahoo Finance - May 4th, 2020
- Texas Motor Speedway is hosting high school graduations for the class of 2020 - CNN - May 4th, 2020
- Texas Motor Speedway to host HS graduation ceremonies - RACER - May 4th, 2020
- Treasury Management System (TMS) Market Size by Top Key Players, Growth Opportunities, Incremental Revenue , Outlook and Forecasts to 2026 - Latest... - May 4th, 2020
- These Analysts Think Greenbrook TMS Inc.s (TSE:GTMS) Sales Are Under Threat - Simply Wall St - May 4th, 2020
- Pokmon GOs Elite TMs Arrive And Shake Up The Meta Movesets - TheGamer - May 4th, 2020
- Powerful Optimization Tool from MercuryGate Uniquely Supports the Transportation Industrys Demand to Drive a Disrupted Supply Chain - Yahoo Finance - April 11th, 2020
- Powerful Optimization Tool from MercuryGate Uniquely Supports the Transportation Industry's Demand to Drive a Disrupted Supply Chain - Business Wire - April 9th, 2020
- Alpega TMS Brings Together the Expertise of inet and Transwide - Yahoo Finance - April 9th, 2020
- The Remedy Is Now Offering Deep Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (Deep TMS) Therapy to Treat Major Depressive Disorder (MDD) and Obsessive-Compulsive... - April 9th, 2020
- Time To Worry? One Analyst Just Downgraded Their EDAP TMS S.A. (NASDAQ:EDAP) Outlook - Yahoo Finance - April 9th, 2020
- Valiant latest Canadian supplier to add to arsenal of health, free of charge - Automotive News Canada - April 9th, 2020
- No interest in Texas IndyCar race without fans - The Union Journal - April 9th, 2020
- Can EDAP TMS S.A.'s (NASDAQ:EDAP) ROE Continue To Surpass The Industry Average? - Yahoo Finance - March 31st, 2020
- EKA Solutions Announces TMS Offer for Brokers to Operate their Business Entirely Remotely - The Herald Journal - March 31st, 2020
- EDAP TMS SA to Announce Fourth Quarter and Year Ended December 31, 2019 Financial Results on Monday, March 30, 2020 - Yahoo Finance - March 31st, 2020
- Jeremy Hudson Named to the 2020 Food Logistics Champions: Rock Stars of the Supply Chain - Benzinga - March 31st, 2020
- Production Team TMS on the Unlikely Success of 'Someone You Loved' - Billboard - March 24th, 2020
- BrainsWay Reports Fourth Quarter and Full-Year 2019 Financial Results and Operational Highlights - Yahoo Finance - March 24th, 2020
- VIDEO: What is TMS-65U? Soviet-era MiG-15 fighter jet engine powered special vehicle deployed by Russia to battle coronavirus in Italy - International... - March 24th, 2020
- Edited Transcript of BRIN.TA earnings conference call or presentation 23-Mar-20 12:30pm GMT - Yahoo Finance - March 24th, 2020
- A Drive To Investigate: Full Genesect Special Research Tasks, Steps And Rewards In Pokmon GO - Forbes - March 24th, 2020
- The Transportation Management System (TMS) MARKET is expected to grow by USD 1.62 bn during 2020-2024, progressing at a CAGR of 9% during the forecast... - March 5th, 2020
- GO Battle League Season 1: Everything You Need to Know - Pokemon GO Hub - March 5th, 2020
- Pokemon Go Elite TMs and How to Get the Best Use out of Them - Future Game Releases - March 5th, 2020
- Massive growth of Preservation TMS(Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation) Coil Market 2025 with high CAGR In Coming Years with Focusing Key players like... - March 5th, 2020
- What Is A Game Localization System And What Can It Do For You? [Part 1] - Gamasutra - March 5th, 2020
- BrainsWay to Participate in Upcoming Investor Conferences - Yahoo Finance - March 5th, 2020
- Make Your Workflow Smooth and Effective! This New System is the Key - Slator - February 29th, 2020
- TMS(Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation) Coil to Reap Excessive Revenues by 2019-2025 - Jewish Life News - February 29th, 2020
- San Francisco Bay Area Psychiatric Acquisition Will Increase Access to Advanced Care - Benzinga - February 29th, 2020
- Clean Energy appoints Total S.A. executive to board of directors - LNG Industry - February 29th, 2020
- Before You Buy EDAP TMS S.A. (NASDAQ:EDAP), Consider Its Volatility - Simply Wall St - February 29th, 2020
- Troy 30-C coach named 2020 Distinguished Middle School Coach of the Year - The Herald-News - February 29th, 2020
- Global Truckmount Carpet Cleaner Market Size Is Anticipated To Witness Over XX% CAGR Up To 2024 TMS Cleaning Supplies & Equipment, Aero Tech... - February 29th, 2020
- TMS individual race tickets officially on sale - Speedway Digest - January 18th, 2020
- MGR songs stay fresh even today thanks to TMS - News Today - January 18th, 2020
- Global Supply Chain Management Software Market 2020-2024 | 11% CAGR Projection Over the Next Five Years | Technavio - Yahoo Finance - January 18th, 2020
- The Masked Singers Davina McCall Reveals Upcoming Surprises On The Show! [VIDEO] - Talent Recap - January 18th, 2020
- The Morning Show and life after #MeToo - The Hindu - January 18th, 2020
- Trimble to Acquire Kuebix in effort to create a transportation logistics ecosystem - The Trucker - January 18th, 2020
- Psychiatrist to shutter outpatient practice - The Grand Junction Daily Sentinel - December 13th, 2019