Treasure Coast Newspapers Published 4:00 a.m. ET Feb. 5, 2020
After many complaints, the city of Port St. Lucie will do nothing about the roaming coyotes in Eastport. Why can't they be sedated and relocated? They howl all night and prowl looking for any small animal. No action is taken by Animal Control. Coyotes were not native to Florida. Are city officials going to wait until a child is attacked?
Anne OHear, Port St. Lucie
President Donald Trump waves as he and first lady Melania Trump walk to Marine One before departing from the South Lawn of the White House in Washington, Jan. 31, 2020.(Photo: Andrew Caballero-Reynolds, AFP via Getty Images)
As a lifelong Republican, I feel like a Republican in the wilderness. As long as I have been an adult, with my first vote for Ronald Reagan in 1980, the Republicans have publicly stood for conservative values and fiscal restraint. Whether they lived up to this is another matter. Republicans have nearly always received my vote.
With our current president and Congress, Republican leadership seems to have lost its moral and fiscal compass. Following our current divisive president and our Republican members of Congress into the abyss has been head-spinning. While I have many Democrat friends, I have never related to the Democratic Party. I now find so much of the Republican electorate blindly following our Republican leadership toward political disaster. Few, if any, of our Republicans in Congress or the electorate hold this president to task for his reprehensible behavior as President and I dont see many Republican voters holding the Republicans in Congress to task either.
In 2020, I will find it difficult to vote for a Democrat. It will be equally difficult to vote for a Republican. One thing is for sure: I cant vote for this president again.
Randy Green, Port St. Lucie
The /cartoonist's homepage,https://www.courier-journal.com(Photo: Marc Murphy, (Louisville, Ky.) Courier Journal)
I received a mailer from the American Action Network recently. They state on their website: The American Action Network is a 501(c)(4) action tank that will create, encourage and promote center-right policies based on the principles of freedom, limited government, American exceptionalism, and strong national security.
The front of the mailer states: Congressman Brian Mast Supports H.R. 19, The Lower Costs, More Cures Act, calling it A Bipartisan, Commonsense Solution.
With a little help from the congress.gov website, I learned there are 145 co-sponsors for this bill. The bipartisan makeup is 145 Republican co-sponsors and 0, none, zippo, Democrats.
The mailer goes on to say I should Call Congressman Mast and Thank him for his bipartisan plan to lower prescription drug costs.
His bipartisan plan?
Brian Mast isnt even one of the 145 Republicans who did sign on as a co-sponsor. He didnt put his name on the bill.
ButMast isnt the main character in this letter, the mailer is.
Theyre soon to descend on us. How many of us are going to take the time and make the effort to find the truth? How many of us have been taking that time and making that effort lately?
Never tell the truth to people who are not worthy of it.
Harvey Glatt, Port St. Lucie
I am astonished that the Republican senators are so terrified of their president that they are willing to sell their souls to the devil rather than do their job and live up to the oaths they took. They are willing to kneel, kiss his ring and call him master.
That is the reason we left and started the United States of America, so one man would not have the ultimate power. That is why our forefathers looked out for us, so we could be free of a dictator.
What is the difference in what Biden did and what Trump is doing by having his family profit off his being president? Now is the time for term limits for those who make a living off government jobs. Have you ever wondered why a millionaire would want to spend so much money to get a job and get constant vacations, wonderful retirements, and great health care? Its amazing to me. Its sickening to me that the people are willing to close their eyes to presidents unlawfulness, yet guns kill our schoolchildren without qualms about it. Pray for our country and hope that we regain respect again in this world.
Helen Leone, Port St. Lucie
I hope the voters remember Jan. 31 when they vote in November. How could 51 Republican senators not vote their conscience? What has President Trump done to this country that he has gotten most Republican legislators so scared? He is acting like Putin or the other dictators he espouses as great men. What is happening to this country that in a trial, no witnesses are called?
When, in the future, books will be written showing that Trump did most of the impeachable things the Democrats have claimed he did, it will be too late I fear. I love this country, and I'm heartsick that our president is a dictator, and not an American who believes in the Constitution. All Trump seems to do is go to rallies where he speaks to his base, only. What does he do with his time in the White House (besides tweeting)? America deserves better than Trump and the present Republican senators.
Rita Wolper, Palm City
Read or Share this story: https://www.tcpalm.com/story/opinion/2020/02/05/letters-editor-feb-5-2020/4639643002/
View original post here:
- Iceland Reopening With Its Economic Freedom Largely Intact - Daily Signal - June 24th, 2020
- Tips and Murmurs: is the Collaery case about to open up? - Crikey - June 24th, 2020
- Around Town: WWII Museum offers Victory Six Swing Band July 2 - Journal Record - June 24th, 2020
- In CA: The mask argument continues; schools jump into the debate on racism and policing - USA TODAY - June 24th, 2020
- Rep. Dina Titus urges Appropriations Committee to block Trump Administration from conducting explosive nuclear testing in Nevada - KLAS - 8 News Now - June 24th, 2020
- Everything To Know About The H-1B Visa That Has Been Suspended Till The End Of 2020 - ScoopWhoop - June 24th, 2020
- White Jews fled to the suburbs. Here's why that matters today. - The Jewish News of Northern California - June 24th, 2020
- GOP members of House Foreign Affairs Committee urge Trump to reconsider US troop withdrawal from Germany - Washington Examiner - June 24th, 2020
- Two thousand march with call to defund police; Council's $4.1M order was a 'drop in the bucket' - Cambridge Day - June 24th, 2020
- Quebec To Introduce The Most Punitive Privacy Laws In Canada - With Fines Of Up To $25 Million - Privacy - Canada - Mondaq News Alerts - June 24th, 2020
- For one Iraqi refugee, Columbus finally feels like home this World Refugee Day - The Columbus Dispatch - June 20th, 2020
- Troy H. Middleton's name to be removed from LSU's main library - Greater Baton Rouge Business Report - June 20th, 2020
- 'This is amazing,' says mayor as Iowa City Council passes resolution to restructure ICPD and address other demands of the Iowa Freedom Riders - Little... - June 20th, 2020
- Salomone: Juneteenth and Today - Greenwich Free Press - June 20th, 2020
- Latest Texas news, sports, business and entertainment at 9:20 pm CDT - KBTX - June 20th, 2020
- Dear Tito: Heres where to cut tax, make grants to save SA. MUST READ! #budget - BizNews - June 20th, 2020
- Debt settlement: An effective way of reducing debt - AZ Big Media - June 13th, 2020
- Strengthening our armed forces - The Highland County Press - June 13th, 2020
- Defunding the Police Is Not Nearly Enough - New York Magazine - June 13th, 2020
- Advocates Push To "Defund The Police" While Officials Call For Reforms - WVXU - June 13th, 2020
- Burrows disappointed with sports budget cuts EyeWitness News - EyeWitness News - June 13th, 2020
- Over $722,000 awarded to protect and improve Florida military installations - Florida Politics - June 13th, 2020
- Global Perspective: As US, China lock horns, Japan, others must think about ways ahead - The Mainichi - June 13th, 2020
- Golf course move on Caven Point is obscene; Honor the flag | Letters - nj.com - June 13th, 2020
- The return of the tea party | News, Sports, Jobs - Minot Daily News - June 13th, 2020
- PM Modi says command and control regime over, lets plug and play - Hindustan Times - June 13th, 2020
- June 12: She clearly does not understand what it is. Readers react to RCMP head disputing systemic racism, plus other letters to the editor - The... - June 13th, 2020
- Shame on Olmsted Falls mayor for his rant about the cost of policing George Floyd protest - cleveland.com - June 13th, 2020
- If youre surprised by how the police are acting, you dont understand US history - The Guardian - June 6th, 2020
- Opinion: The conservative path to a fairer country - National Post - June 6th, 2020
- The Movement To Defund DC Police - Washington City Paper - June 6th, 2020
- Tailoring the Socioeconomic Response to COVID-19 in Peacebuilding Contexts - UNDP - June 6th, 2020
- Nigeria In The Eyes Of The World On Freedoms - The Nigerian Voice - June 6th, 2020
- OPINION: NIGERIA IN THE EYES OF THE WORLD ON FREEDOMS - thewillnigeria - June 6th, 2020
- A Leg Up in the Search for Prosperity: Economic Freedom - Governing - June 1st, 2020
- COVID-19 reveals conflict, compassion of Kansans wrestling with threat of pandemic - Leavenworth Times - June 1st, 2020
- Rich Lowry: The return of the tea party - Salt Lake Tribune - June 1st, 2020
- To Rebuild the Economy, India Needs to Be Atmanirbhar in Ideas - The Wire - June 1st, 2020
- Beyond the doomsday machine: Reimagining economic policies and practice in a post-Covid world - Daily Maverick - June 1st, 2020
- Opinion:Buying the Third Congressional District | LAMonitor.com - Los Alamos Monitor - June 1st, 2020
- The National WWII Museum Celebrates 20 Years of Telling the Story of the American Experience in World War II - My New Orleans - June 1st, 2020
- COVID-19 and the future of world trade | VOX, CEPR Policy Portal - voxeu.org - June 1st, 2020
- CBD Sydney: Traces of loyalty in hunt for Turnbull superspreaders - Sydney Morning Herald - June 1st, 2020
- More than $250000 spent in race for Mehaffie's 106th House District seat; money mostly coming from PACs - Middletown Press and Journal - June 1st, 2020
- 'Centre Has Offered Nothing Against Jobs Lost By Informal Workers, Circular Migrants' | - IndiaSpend - June 1st, 2020
- The world in front of the mirror - Explica - June 1st, 2020
- Violation of service code - The Tribune India - May 11th, 2020
- Letters to the Editor 5-10-2020: Pannebecker rebuttals - The Macomb Daily - May 11th, 2020
- Godfrey calls on Washington to immediately approve more stimulus - Patch.com - May 11th, 2020
- Are you left-wing or right-wing? Probably both. The Oxford Student - Oxford Student - May 11th, 2020
- For the Europe of tomorrow - EuroScientist - May 11th, 2020
- Framework for the Management of COVID-19 Funds in Nigeria under the Treasury Single Account - Proshare Nigeria Limited - May 11th, 2020
- Nikes Air Jordan 1 Has Entered the Influencer Age - The Ringer - May 11th, 2020
- Shaw warns that Freedom Mobile isn't adding as many customers as planned due to COVID-19 - CBC.ca - April 11th, 2020
- Clarification of UCSC policy and expectations on funding researchers during the temporary cessation of non-essential on-campus research due to... - April 11th, 2020
- MI Governor Leads the Way with Water Reconnection Order - Natural Resources Defense Council - April 11th, 2020
- How S.C. lawmakers increase their odds of staying in power - The Nerve - March 26th, 2020
- MTS Awarded Seismic Simulation Project Valued At Over $70 Million For China's National Facility For Earthquake Engineering Simulation At Tianjin... - March 26th, 2020
- Letters to the editor, March 26, 2020 | Opinion - Idaho Press-Tribune - March 26th, 2020
- Junk rating this week may be least of SA's problems - Fin24 - March 26th, 2020
- Junk rating likely the least of South Africas problems - BusinessTech - March 26th, 2020
- Brexiteer claims coronavirus could spell end of eurozone but there's a catch - Express.co.uk - March 26th, 2020
- Statement of the Hellenic Chapter of Republicans Overseas- Abroad on Greek Independence Day - The National Herald - March 26th, 2020
- Governor calls for stronger collaboration with Kilili - Marianas Variety - March 26th, 2020
- Will the market stabilise in the second half of 2020, what experts say? - Kalkine Media - March 26th, 2020
- A pandemic, an economic blow and the big fix - The Hindu - March 24th, 2020
- 12:28 Heritage Foundation: Armenia needs to improve judicial effectiveness to have freer economy - Information-Analytic Agency NEWS.am - March 24th, 2020
- D4 Billion Debt Repayment in the face of a Pandemic - Freedom Newspaper - March 24th, 2020
- Why the Navy's F/A-18 Super Hornet Is Still One Dangerous Fighter - The National Interest - March 24th, 2020
- Opinion | The world should be wary of smoking the China pipe again - Livemint - March 24th, 2020
- Coronavirus has shattered the myth that the economy must come first - The Guardian - March 24th, 2020
- Mnuchin and McConnell Say Cash for Companies Is Not a Bailout - The Fiscal Times - March 24th, 2020
- The Myth of Taxpayer Money | Opinion - Harvard Crimson - March 18th, 2020
- Access to government information: another coronavirus casualty? - Center for Public Integrity - March 18th, 2020
- What to Look For in Illinois and Ohio Congressional Primaries - Bloomberg Government - March 18th, 2020
- The Wrap: A-REITs, BNPL And Aged Care - FN Arena News - March 18th, 2020
- Babacan's new party vows Turks can tweet without fear of arrest - Middle East Eye - March 18th, 2020
- The Home Depot, The TJX Companies, And ICON PLC: Three Safe Stocks In A Stormy Market - Forbes - March 18th, 2020
- To Kill Markets Is the Worst Possible Plan - The Heartland Institute - March 18th, 2020
- The art of 'social distancing' inside the Washington Beltway - ABC News - March 18th, 2020