This pandemic is certainly serious but our reaction is without precedent.
Communication and effort of health care professionals, business, and some government officials has been extraordinary if not heroic.
We have taken an extreme position to cloister our entire civilization with little regard to short and long-term effects. We seem determined to dwell on the negative. The press and government inundate us daily with the latest death statistics that shock us until we are becoming numb to the situation.
In my opinion, we have lost perspective. The pandemic is bad, no denial. We live in a tough world. Death and disease are unfortunately part of it. Certainly efforts to flatten the curve have kept the numbers down. I read in recent editorials conflicting arguments about whether the numbers are tenths or hundredths of a percentage of the population.
Either number is small, very small, for a country of 350 million and world of 8 billion. To date, global deaths are about half of yearly malaria fatalities.
I certainly dont want anyone in my family to get the disease, and sympathize with those that have. Are we willing to destroy our way of life in order to achieve zero fatality? Dr. Fauci seems to want us to stay at home indefinitely. Noble, but impractical, goals.
Suggestions to improve the situation.
1. Suspend the political theater. Work to improve the situation for both people and business.
2. Report responsibly - use per capita instead of gross numbers; realizing total infections are under reported would yield a clearer picture of problem severity.
3. Governors guide us better - shutting down indefinitely is the easy way out; balancing a devastating disease and a complex economy is the only acceptable solution.
4. People, get off your couch! It is time to get back to work. Do not accept this trance, challenge your government, help your community!
Accept the fact that their will be some very unsavory aspects to our life for a long time but have the courage to get on with it.
- Armin van Buuren reveals all-time A State Of Trance Top 1000 list - We Rave You - January 13th, 2021
- Police called to right-wing broadcaster Iain Dale's house after neighbours thought he was having a rave - Hull Live - January 13th, 2021
- 13 Songs on the Brink of Impeachment: A Recharge Playlist - Mother Jones - January 13th, 2021
- Growth of Electronic Dance Music in the 1990s - One EDM - January 13th, 2021
- 5 reasons you need to watch Alice in Borderland on Netflix - Netflix Life - January 13th, 2021
- Recap 2020: Fahadh in Trance, Anna in Kappela & other top performers of this year - Republic World - December 26th, 2020
- Men Of The Year 2020: The Midas Touch Of Anwar Rasheed - Man's World India - December 26th, 2020
- W&W Wrap Up the Year with Highly Anticipated New Single "Gold" - Your EDM - December 26th, 2020
- Women Of The Year 2020: In Her Second Innings Nazriya Nazim - Man's World India - December 26th, 2020
- The 15 Best Techno Tracks of 2020 - Magnetic Magazine - December 26th, 2020
- Ferry Corsten drafts in fans from around the world to work with him on 'Free' - Rave Jungle - December 26th, 2020
- Good Morning Mix: Begin the day in Belgium with Armin van Buuren's Tomorrowland 2013 set - Dancing Astronaut - December 26th, 2020
- Dhanush & Manju Warriers Asuran, Nazriya Nazim & Fahad Fazils Trance to be part of Indian Panorama 2020 - PINKVILLA - December 21st, 2020
- Recap 2020: Ayyappanum Koshiyum to Trance, here are 5 best Malayalam movies of 2020 - Republic World - December 21st, 2020
- Taapsee Pannu in Thappad to Roshan Matthew in CU Soo..atik Gandhi in Scam 1992 The best performers of 2020 - Firstpost - December 21st, 2020
- Charlotte de Witte Tomorrowland New Year's Eve: what to expect - We Rave You - December 21st, 2020
- Ferry Corsten Collaborated With 22 of His Fans to Produce His New Trance Single, "Free" - EDM.com - December 19th, 2020
- Anticipated A State Of Trance Year Mix 2020 by Armin van Buuren Has Arrived - The Nocturnal Times - December 19th, 2020
- Afternoons producer banished from the biscuit tin with some hypnotic help - 2GB - December 19th, 2020
- 3 New Artists To Watch Out For in the New Year - One EDM - December 19th, 2020
- A FEW OF OUR FAVORITE THINGS | Shop local and scratch off that holiday list with these staff picks - Ventura County Reporter - December 19th, 2020
- Beat Authority best of 2020: The year of no live music - North Country Public Radio - December 19th, 2020
- In Trance by the Scorpions: the story behind the song - Louder - December 15th, 2020
- Jorn van Deynhoven retires from DJing and producing - We Rave You - December 15th, 2020
- The best Malayalam films of 2020 - The Indian Express - December 15th, 2020
- Khumariyaan's Chaap Trance is a genre you've never heard before - DAWN.com - December 15th, 2020
- Tetris Effect: 5 Things It Does Better Than Other Tetris Games (& 5 Things That Are Worse) - TheGamer - December 15th, 2020
- Bose Sport Earbuds: 5 things you need to know - EDGAR - December 15th, 2020
- Discover: 'You're getting sleepy' the amazing science of hypnosis - Sudbury.com - July 21st, 2020
- Dance Bii with WesdaRuler, And More Music News and Gossip | Flagpole - Flagpole Magazine - July 21st, 2020
- MCs, Stunts and Doing Keys: Behind the Scenes With Bad Boy Chiller Crew - VICE UK - July 21st, 2020
- Blackpool nurse is a hit as guest DJ on Dave Pearce Delirium show as a thank you to key workers - Blackpool Gazette - July 21st, 2020
- Tisto to unveil VER:WEST at Tomorrowland's Around The World - Dancing Astronaut - July 21st, 2020
- Magic Beans Gather At Beanstalk: At The Drive-In Part Deux With SunSquabi, Dynohunter, More [Photos] - Live for Live Music - July 21st, 2020
- People who are easily hypnotized are more likely to be addicted to their smartphones, study finds - PsyPost - July 21st, 2020
- INTERVIEW | Gautham Menon feels a big film is all that is needed to bring audience back to theaters - The New Indian Express - July 21st, 2020
- Back in the pool: the new rules of swimming - The Irish Times - July 21st, 2020
- Bachelorette: Brother of Country Star Granger Smith On Clares Season - Screen Rant - July 21st, 2020
- Around the Bluhmin' Town: Dog days of summer have arrived - Verde Independent - July 21st, 2020
- Hayden James creates golden waves with this summer selection - The Irish Sun - July 21st, 2020
- Dil Bechara: Sushant Singh Rajput, Sanjana Sanghi Take On Paris And Find Ways To Khulke Jeena Ka - Mashable India - July 21st, 2020
- Trance Definition and Meaning - Bible Dictionary - May 24th, 2020
- Paatal Lok actor Ishwak Singh: Its a trance when you get a part like Imran Ansari - The Indian Express - May 24th, 2020
- Gareth Emery Announces First-Ever UNPLUGGED Digital Concert Featuring the Greatest Vocalists in Trance Music - EDM Sauce - May 24th, 2020
- Trichotillomania, Isolation and Anxiety: What to Do? - The New York Times - May 24th, 2020
- Review | Clowns by Trance Effect - A Humming Heart - May 24th, 2020
- Push your musical abilities with online classes from these city-based artistes - Telegraph India - May 24th, 2020
- Celebrate 20 Years of Above & Beyond and Anjunabeats With New Compilation + Club Mix Collection - EDMTunes - May 24th, 2020
- The virtual dance music festival is officially a thing - Las Vegas Weekly - May 24th, 2020
- Currents | The Western Ghats, Trance Effect, Osho Jain and more - A Humming Heart - May 24th, 2020
- FM Announces Second Trance Of Economic Package, Aims At Farmers, Migrant Workers, Street Vendors And Affordable Housing - Business Standard - May 17th, 2020
- Lady Gaga has given$ 52, mi-for a project, and it is in a trance - Matzav Review - May 17th, 2020
- The Trout Were Socially Distant, but Not the Family Memories - The New York Times - May 17th, 2020
- Exclusive Interview with Top EDM Singer... - One EDM - May 17th, 2020
- Tune to hold tight - The New Indian Express - May 17th, 2020
- Fahadh Faasil and Nazriya Nazim's Love Story: From proposal on the sets of Bangalore Days to their marriage - PINKVILLA - May 17th, 2020
- COVID-19 survivor and DJ John Acquaviva joins other London DJs at benefit for mental health - St. Thomas Times-Journal - May 17th, 2020
- My self-control has gone. I'll take anything that's delivered to my door - The Guardian - May 17th, 2020
- Trance (2013) - Rotten Tomatoes - May 4th, 2020
- Tomorrowland takes on another week with its unique live broadcast United Through Music - Rave Jungle - May 4th, 2020
- Here's where the climax scene of 'Trance' was shot - The News Minute - April 24th, 2020
- 20 Questions With Paul van Dyk: The Trance Icon on Growing Up in East Berlin & Why Social Distancing 'Is Incor - Billboard - April 24th, 2020
- Charlotte de Witte Showcases Two Sides of Her Production Abilities With 'Hold That Sucker Down' Remixes - CULTR - April 24th, 2020
- Above & Beyond's Tony McGuiness re-creates the first episode of 'Trance Around The World' - We Rave You - April 24th, 2020
- Glide Into the Weekend With Steny and Replay M's Pulsating Deep House Single "Nightshift" - EDM.com - April 24th, 2020
- This Weeks VR Game Roundup: BoxVR DLC, Baby Shark, and Meditation - VR Fitness Insider - April 24th, 2020
- Novak Djokovic: 'I think that the tennis industry needs to keep evolving' - Tennis World USA - April 24th, 2020
- PREMIERE: Hugo Costin shares plaintive and poignant new album - Happy Mag - April 24th, 2020
- Zerohs BLQLYTE is a choose-your-own-adventure journey into the psyche - The FADER - April 24th, 2020
- Murder House Flip: The Quibi series' showrunner on why he wanted to flip murder houses. - Slate - April 7th, 2020
- Darlene Snell and Wyatt Langmore Relationship on Ozark, Explained - menshealth.com - April 7th, 2020
- Trance (2020) - IMDb - March 24th, 2020
- Amazon.com: Watch Trance | Prime Video - March 24th, 2020
- How to Wake Up From the Trance of Unworthiness - Good News Network - March 24th, 2020
- Every concert you can livestream on March 23 during the coronavirus outbreak - CNET - March 24th, 2020
- Best Uplifting Trance Mix - All Time Favourites #1 - February 27th, 2020
- The most requested title track composed by Vinayakan from 'Trance' is here! - Times of India - February 27th, 2020
- Witness The Essence of Trance [25 Years of RAM] - EDMTunes - February 27th, 2020
- 'Trance' review: Fails to impress overall despite its bold theme - THE WEEK - February 27th, 2020
- Fahad Faasil's 'Trance' takes on the business of religion - Gulf News - February 27th, 2020