Friday 18 August 2017 6:00
A flurry of launches across Wales and its bordering counties has sparked the regions summer farmland market to life.
As Farmers Weekly reported last month, stunted supply was a feature of the Welsh land market last summer.
However, 12 months on, a variety of sales have been announced that will peak the interest of buyers looking for high-quality bare blocks, as well as traditional mixed units.
See also:Expanding farmers prop up Welsh land market
One of the most unusual offerings of the year comes in the form of a large block of Grade 2 Flintshire loamy clay soil capable of producing root crops and first wheat yields of 10.5t/ha.
The River Dee borders the largest of the four lots a 150-acre parcel at Sealand Manor, Sealand, which has 306 acres in total. The smallest block is 37 acres.
Fisher German has set a guide price of 3.363m as a whole equivalent to about 11,000/acre.
On a smaller scale, Halls has brought a block of arable and grassland to the market 40 miles away at Bacheldre, near Churchstoke, Powys.
It will be sold in two lots 22 acres currently put to arable and 30 acres of grassland oilseed rape at auction on 14 September.
In Carmarthenshire, Carter Jonas is selling a 178-acre livestock farm with two houses either together or in two lots.
Ty Brych, Penmaen and Ty Uchaf at Llanddeusant is down to grass with grazing rights on a neighbouring upland common.
The houses are in need of renovation and it has a range of stone outbuildings suitable for livestock housing.
A guide price of 1.125m has been set as a whole, but farmers seeking 167 acres, a house and buildings will be interested in lot two, which is 800,000.
Roger Parry and Partners has two new instructions one in mid-Wales and one on the England-Wales border.
Cynewill Farm near Welshpool in Powys comprises 242 acres of pasture, a traditional stone building plus Dutch barn and timber-framed shed.
A house is included in the guide price of 950,000 as a whole or in four lots, but entitlements are excluded.
Just over the border, the firm is selling a 283-acre mixed arable and dairy unit in the shape of Longslow Farm, Market Drayton, north Shropshire.
A well-equipped yard includes cubicle housing, a herringone parlour, 600t grain store and storage and sits centrally to the ring-fenced land, which is put to wheat, triticale and temporary and permanent grass.
It is being sold with a 5m guide price as a whole, but is being offered in up to eight lots, which could encourage farmers who are looking for bare land.
Scotland and Northern England is also seeing significant whole-farm summer launches.
One of the most progressive dairy farms to hit the Scottish land market for many years is for sale in Stranraer.
Sian Houston, associate director at Savills, said Challoch Farms relocating owners have spent the past five years investing to create a future-proof unit that focuses on cow welfare.
The unit, at Leswalt, now boasts cubicles for 340 cows and a fully automated dairy complex with Fullwood 24:48 swing over parlour.
Average yields have hit 7,200 litres with a 3.9% butterfat content and cattle can be grazed outdoors on the farms 380 acres from mid-February until November, with paddocks served by 2.3km of internal tracks.
Offers over 2.5m are being invited through Savills, and the sale includes a farmhouse and three-bedroom farm workers house.
George F White has a large upland beef and sheep farm in Cumbria as well as an investment portfolio in North Yorkshire for sale.
Horseholme Farm at Gilsland has 763 acres of pasture and improved upland grazing land and is capable of stocking 450 hill ewes plus 50 suckler cattle across its two steadings.
An HLS agreement runs until 2022, paying about 23,500/year and the guide price is set at 1.6m.
The Nether Silton Portfolio include four equipped farms let on AHA tenancies, plus six lots of in-hand bare land.
Available separately or as a whole for 4.475m, the combined 659 acres near Thirsk in North Yorkshire is mainly down to arable cropping, with some pasture to support the mixed enterprises.
See the original post:
- Christmas saved in Sealand as Santa will be coming to the town - LeaderLive - November 30th, 2019
- Rare images of Chester FC's Sealand Road home after it's closure in 1990 - Cheshire Live - October 31st, 2019
- Major police incident on Sealand Road as Texaco garage was shut off to public - Cheshire Live - October 27th, 2019
- Sealand Capital Galaxy (LON:SCGL) Will Have To Spend Its Cash Wisely - Simply Wall St - October 27th, 2019
- Bloodied stab victim collapsed on Texaco garage floor while the other 'bought beer and energy drinks' - Daily Post - October 27th, 2019
- Moshe Oved silver ring, rare British petrol pump globe and William Gladstone's grandfather clock six auction highlights that caught bidders' eyes in... - October 27th, 2019
- Appeal launched over refusal of plans to store cars and caravans on green barrier land in Sealand - Deeside.com - October 20th, 2019
- Coleg Cambria volunteers clean-up streets and rivers of Deeside for community event - Wales247 - October 20th, 2019
- Almost 800 drivers caught by new boundary road speed camera in three months - The Chester Standard - August 16th, 2017
- Almost 800 drivers caught by new boundary road speed camera in three months - LeaderLive - August 14th, 2017
- Sealand Natural Resources, Inc. (OTCMKTS:SLNR) Files An 8-K Other Events - Market Exclusive - August 13th, 2017
- What You Must Know About Sealand Capital Galaxy Limited's (LSE:SCGL) Major Investors - Simply Wall St - August 10th, 2017
- Sealand Capital Galaxy Ltd (SCGL) Is Yet to See Trading Action on Aug 9 - Herald KS - August 9th, 2017
- Chester floodplain housing scheme unanimously rejected - ChesterChronicle.co.uk - August 5th, 2017
- sealand | eBay - August 3rd, 2017
- Chaiken Money Flow For Sealand Natural Resources Inc (SLNR) Above Zero - Stock Rover - August 3rd, 2017
- Zeroing in on Yesterday's High: Sealand Natural Resources Inc (SLNR) - Nelson Research - August 3rd, 2017
- Sealand Natural Resources Inc (SLNR) Mesa Moving Average Climbs Above FAMA - JCTY News - August 2nd, 2017
- What Do The Technicals Boil Down To For Sealand Natural Resources Inc (SLNR)? - Rockville Register - August 1st, 2017
- Late night shopping scheme in Chester sees Park & Ride services extended - ChesterChronicle.co.uk - July 30th, 2017
- Sealand Natural Resources Inc (SLNR) Ichimoku Reveals Negative Momentum - Rockville Register - July 29th, 2017
- What Kind of Picture Are the Technicals Painting For Sealand Capital Galaxy Limited (SCGL.L)? - Concord Register - July 26th, 2017
- What Kind of Picture Are the Technicals Painting For Sealand ... - Concord Register - July 26th, 2017
- Oddfellow's Casino - The Quietus - July 26th, 2017
- Sealand | Fifth World Wiki | FANDOM powered by Wikia - July 22nd, 2017
- Sealand - Wikitravel - July 22nd, 2017
- Range Rover invasion at Chester supermarket site - ChesterChronicle.co.uk - July 20th, 2017
- Sealand Natural Resources Inc (SLNR) Pushes Higher 37.14% - DARC News - July 20th, 2017
- WATCH: New Oddfellow's Casino - The Quietus - July 19th, 2017
- Students create app to improve post-stroke care - USC News - July 18th, 2017
- Sealand Natural Resources Inc (SLNR) is a Volume Leader - Nelson Research - July 13th, 2017
- Flooding on Chester's Sealand Road after downpour - ChesterChronicle.co.uk - July 11th, 2017
- About Sealand - Become a Lord, Lady, Baron or Baroness - July 9th, 2017
- Neighborhood Notes: the first week of July - Mission Local - July 8th, 2017
- Maersk ransomware attack may hit 'tens of thousands' of shippers, warns analyst - The Loadstar - June 30th, 2017
- Independence Day 2017 SeaLand & Port Schedule - American Journal of Transportation - June 28th, 2017
- Pivot Points in Focus: Sealand Natural Resources Inc (SLNR) - Nelson Research - June 22nd, 2017
- Sealand Natural Resources Inc (SLNR) Moving -40.00% in Session - BVN - June 17th, 2017
- Unusual Activity Spotted in Sealand Natural Resources Inc (SLNR) - BVN - June 15th, 2017
- sealand toilet | eBay - June 15th, 2017
- Watching the Tape Move for Sealand Natural Resources Inc (SLNR) - BVN - June 15th, 2017
- Inquiry date for Chester flood plain homes plan - ChesterChronicle.co.uk - June 14th, 2017
- How Are Analysts Interpreting Sealand Natural Resources Inc (SLNR)'s Relative Strength? - Nelson Research - June 8th, 2017
- Malawi govt over paid farm input suppliers by K61billion - Nyasa Times - June 6th, 2017
- Watching the Tape Move for Sealand Natural Resources Inc (SLNR) - Benton Bulletin - June 3rd, 2017
- Needle Action Activity Spotted in Sealand Natural Resources Inc (SLNR) - BVN - June 1st, 2017
- Registered sex offender from Sealand jailed over downloading indecent images - LeaderLive - May 30th, 2017
- Active Runner in Focus: Sealand Natural Resources Inc (SLNR) - The Times - May 30th, 2017
- Unusual Activity Spotted in Sealand Natural Resources Inc (SLNR) - Melville Review - May 26th, 2017
- China regulator punishes Sealand Securities for "chaotic" management - Reuters - May 23rd, 2017
- China regulator punishes Sealand Securities for 'chaotic' management - Yahoo Finance UK - May 23rd, 2017
- Volume Moving the Tape For Sealand Natural Resources Inc (SLNR) - Concord Register - May 23rd, 2017
- Tale of the Ticker: Orthometrix Inc (OMRX), Sealand Natural Resources Inc (SLNR) Moving on Volume - Stock Talker - May 23rd, 2017
- Just the Fundamentals: Checking in on Sealand Natural Resources Inc (SLNR) - Nelson Research - May 18th, 2017
- Sealand Natural Resources Inc (SLNR) Needle Moving 44.23% - The Standard - May 18th, 2017
- Can Sealand Natural Resources Inc (SLNR) Continue its Near-Term Run? - Union Trade Journal - May 18th, 2017
- Needle Action Activity Spotted in Sealand Natural Resources Inc (SLNR) - Pearson Press - May 17th, 2017
- Sealand Natural Resources Inc (SLNR) Needle Moving on Volume - DARC News - May 13th, 2017
- Home SEC Filings Sealand Natural Resources, Inc. (OTCMKTS:SLNR) Files An 8-K Unregistered Sales of Equity... - Market Exclusive - May 11th, 2017
- HISTORY: 15 old pictures from the Principality of Sealand - Harwich and Manningtree Standard - May 6th, 2017
- SeaLand: Canada Freight Forwarders eManifest Guidelines - American Journal of Transportation - May 4th, 2017
- A Successful Business Transformation from Defence Stalwart to F-35 Global Assignee, DECA Sealand - Business News Wales - May 2nd, 2017
- HISTORY: 15 old pictures from the Principality of Sealand - Gazette - April 30th, 2017
- BRIEF-Sealand Securities' Q1 net profit down 33.5 pct y/y - Reuters - April 28th, 2017
- Unusual Activity Spotted in Sealand Natural Resources Inc (SLNR) - Morgan Research - April 28th, 2017
- Lords of Sealand Releases New Single - Motion - The Deli Magazine National (blog) - April 23rd, 2017
- Sealand and Queensferry Dementia Caf launch garden club - LeaderLive - April 12th, 2017
- Sealand and Queensferry Dementia Caf launch garden club - News North Wales - April 10th, 2017
- Gardening club launch at Sealand and Queensferry Dementia Caf - Deeside.com - April 10th, 2017
- Speed camera on Sealand Road "worth it if it saves a life" - LeaderLive - April 3rd, 2017
- Speed camera on Sealand Road "worth it if it saves a life" - News North Wales - April 2nd, 2017
- Sealand returns after bond scandal - IFR Asia - April 2nd, 2017
- Media - Principality of Sealand - March 31st, 2017
- Sealand church invites 164 wed couples on anniversary - BBC News - March 29th, 2017
- Sealand church celebrates 150 years of weddings with exhibition - LeaderLive - March 29th, 2017
- Work on the new A548 Sealand Road 'average speed' camera system set to begin today - Deeside.com - March 29th, 2017
- Speed camera on Sealand Road will 'prevent the same heartache' - LeaderLive - March 29th, 2017
- Sealand Road 'average speed' camera system to be up and running in weeks - Deeside.com - March 23rd, 2017
- SeaLand To Establish Corporate Headquarters In Miramar ... - March 17th, 2017
- Sealand in Miami, Florida with Reviews - YP.com - March 17th, 2017