Friday 18 August 2017 6:00
A flurry of launches across Wales and its bordering counties has sparked the regions summer farmland market to life.
As Farmers Weekly reported last month, stunted supply was a feature of the Welsh land market last summer.
However, 12 months on, a variety of sales have been announced that will peak the interest of buyers looking for high-quality bare blocks, as well as traditional mixed units.
See also:Expanding farmers prop up Welsh land market
One of the most unusual offerings of the year comes in the form of a large block of Grade 2 Flintshire loamy clay soil capable of producing root crops and first wheat yields of 10.5t/ha.
The River Dee borders the largest of the four lots a 150-acre parcel at Sealand Manor, Sealand, which has 306 acres in total. The smallest block is 37 acres.
Fisher German has set a guide price of 3.363m as a whole equivalent to about 11,000/acre.
On a smaller scale, Halls has brought a block of arable and grassland to the market 40 miles away at Bacheldre, near Churchstoke, Powys.
It will be sold in two lots 22 acres currently put to arable and 30 acres of grassland oilseed rape at auction on 14 September.
In Carmarthenshire, Carter Jonas is selling a 178-acre livestock farm with two houses either together or in two lots.
Ty Brych, Penmaen and Ty Uchaf at Llanddeusant is down to grass with grazing rights on a neighbouring upland common.
The houses are in need of renovation and it has a range of stone outbuildings suitable for livestock housing.
A guide price of 1.125m has been set as a whole, but farmers seeking 167 acres, a house and buildings will be interested in lot two, which is 800,000.
Roger Parry and Partners has two new instructions one in mid-Wales and one on the England-Wales border.
Cynewill Farm near Welshpool in Powys comprises 242 acres of pasture, a traditional stone building plus Dutch barn and timber-framed shed.
A house is included in the guide price of 950,000 as a whole or in four lots, but entitlements are excluded.
Just over the border, the firm is selling a 283-acre mixed arable and dairy unit in the shape of Longslow Farm, Market Drayton, north Shropshire.
A well-equipped yard includes cubicle housing, a herringone parlour, 600t grain store and storage and sits centrally to the ring-fenced land, which is put to wheat, triticale and temporary and permanent grass.
It is being sold with a 5m guide price as a whole, but is being offered in up to eight lots, which could encourage farmers who are looking for bare land.
Scotland and Northern England is also seeing significant whole-farm summer launches.
One of the most progressive dairy farms to hit the Scottish land market for many years is for sale in Stranraer.
Sian Houston, associate director at Savills, said Challoch Farms relocating owners have spent the past five years investing to create a future-proof unit that focuses on cow welfare.
The unit, at Leswalt, now boasts cubicles for 340 cows and a fully automated dairy complex with Fullwood 24:48 swing over parlour.
Average yields have hit 7,200 litres with a 3.9% butterfat content and cattle can be grazed outdoors on the farms 380 acres from mid-February until November, with paddocks served by 2.3km of internal tracks.
Offers over 2.5m are being invited through Savills, and the sale includes a farmhouse and three-bedroom farm workers house.
George F White has a large upland beef and sheep farm in Cumbria as well as an investment portfolio in North Yorkshire for sale.
Horseholme Farm at Gilsland has 763 acres of pasture and improved upland grazing land and is capable of stocking 450 hill ewes plus 50 suckler cattle across its two steadings.
An HLS agreement runs until 2022, paying about 23,500/year and the guide price is set at 1.6m.
The Nether Silton Portfolio include four equipped farms let on AHA tenancies, plus six lots of in-hand bare land.
Available separately or as a whole for 4.475m, the combined 659 acres near Thirsk in North Yorkshire is mainly down to arable cropping, with some pasture to support the mixed enterprises.
See the original post:
- Global Fresh and Naturally Fermented Birch Juice Market Size, Share, Value, and Competitive Landscape 2021 SoccerNurds - SoccerNurds - April 17th, 2021
- The story of the improbable micronation of Sealand - The Independent - April 15th, 2021
- Hannah Baiardi's new music comes "Straight From the Soul" - The Oakland Press - April 15th, 2021
- How to Get Rid of Ants, According to Experts - HouseBeautiful.com - April 15th, 2021
- Tree House brewery seeks final licenses to open in Sandwich by summer - Cape Cod Times - April 15th, 2021
- Ocean conditions, lost habitat drive salmon concerns | Opinion | thereflector.com - The Reflector - April 15th, 2021
- America's majority-minority confusion | TheHill - The Hill - April 15th, 2021
- Some Utah parents are protesting, but here's why Utah students will likely keep their masks on until summer - Salt Lake Tribune - April 15th, 2021
- Harvey Weinstein secretly indicted on rape charges by grand jury in Los Angeles - Q13 FOX (Seattle) - April 13th, 2021
- One on One: A link between a North Carolinian and the Suez Canal back-up? - The Coastland Times - The Coastland Times - April 13th, 2021
- Global Weatherstrip Seal Market Trends, Growth Demand, Opportunities & Forecast to 2026 | Cooper Standard, Toyoda Gosei, Hutchinson, Henniges,... - April 13th, 2021
- Madison takes second in 17 team Rigby Invite | Sports | rexburgstandardjournal.com - Rexburg Standard Journal - April 13th, 2021
- Banks, ATM booths face cash withdrawal pressure ahead of lockdown - Dhaka Tribune - April 13th, 2021
- Biohacking Market Report (2021-2027) | The Demand For The Market Will Drastically Increase In The Future | Apple Inc, Behavioral Tech, Fitbit, Inc.,... - April 13th, 2021
- How to preserve, store those red gems - Effingham Herald - April 13th, 2021
- Unified healthcare specialists boost their sales and profits - The Irish News - April 13th, 2021
- Call for more powers to be handed to "environmental watchdogs" after eight-year planning saga - Cheshire Live - April 11th, 2021
- Nine-year battle ends with 142 homes to be built on Chester flood plain land - Cheshire Live - April 11th, 2021
- DoD will release document highlighting military needs in 5G, software and data this spring - Federal News Network - April 11th, 2021
- Purging your garage of garbage: Spring an ideal time to clean out unwanted items and organize the rest - Albuquerque Journal - April 11th, 2021
- Alliance hike to mark end of Earth Week events - The-review - April 11th, 2021
- List Of John Cena Movies And Upcoming Ventures Non-Related To WWE - SportzWiki - April 11th, 2021
- Cocktail of the week: Mr Ji's Compton Libre recipe - The Guardian - April 11th, 2021
- Jack Carr On The Devils Hand: I Was Researching About The Weaponization Of Infectious Diseases Before COVID Hit - CBS San Francisco - April 11th, 2021
- Theres so much more to Sonoma Countys Fort Ross than the Russian connection - San Francisco Chronicle - April 11th, 2021
- World's Top Fighters Join Kill Cliff and Get Biofuel to Create the Clean Energy Team - GlobeNewswire - April 11th, 2021
- Pearlfisher brand identity for Consider Pastures gives product 'pride of place' - Transform magazine - April 11th, 2021
- Key Trends and Opportunities in the Construction Industry in Qatar to 2025 - Industry Forecast to Recover by 2.8% in 2021 Following COVID-19... - April 4th, 2021
- Aldi's Earth Grown Brand Receives Good Housekeeping Seal - Progressive Grocer - April 4th, 2021
- Who Will Move the Stone? - Atlantic Highlands Herald - Atlantic Highlands Herald - April 4th, 2021
- Baldwin Park cannabis businesses owe the city $4 million in outstanding fees - The San Gabriel Valley Tribune - April 4th, 2021
- Bank transactions to be carried out from 10am to 12:30pm amid lockdown - Dhaka Tribune - April 4th, 2021
- UA Prof. Schaller: The Ever Given saga has been years in the making - Arizona Daily Star - April 4th, 2021
- 123 immigrants discovered inside trailer of driver who says he was not aware he was transporting people - CDLLife - April 4th, 2021
- Plantings near streams a way to improve fish habitat - Bainbridge Island Review - April 4th, 2021
- On her own, Grace McGill opts for renovation of a Katy home - Houston Chronicle - April 4th, 2021
- Seal spotted swimming in river - Kent Online - April 4th, 2021
- Dandy's commission largest Welsh flag in the UK to fly when Wales can welcome visitors after lockdown - LeaderLive - March 31st, 2021
- AIS inspections stations to be opened April 10 Sheridan Media - Sheridan Media - March 31st, 2021
- Updated status of interprovincial air, sea, land travel in Thailand as of April 1 - Pattaya Mail - March 31st, 2021
- 2021-'22 Kindergarten Registration Underway in North Haven - Zip06.com - March 31st, 2021
- Commentary: Ocean conditions, lost habitat drive salmon concerns - The Daily World - March 31st, 2021
- Here's what to do in an active shooter situation - NorthJersey.com - March 31st, 2021
- 'Largest Welsh flag in the UK' to welcome back visitors to Wales after 'terrible year' - North Wales Live - March 31st, 2021
- Shipping movements - March 25, 2021 - Times of Malta - March 31st, 2021
- Rep. Jimmy Panetta takes up the cause of the disappearing monarch butterfly. - Monterey County Weekly - March 31st, 2021
- Latest e-book explores evolution of fluid-applied waterproofing - Construction Specifier - The Construction Specifier - March 31st, 2021
- Beware of fake COVID-19 vaccines: Here's how to spot one - ABS-CBN News - March 31st, 2021
- 5 refreshing ways to perk up your patio for the season - Yahoo News - March 31st, 2021
- The Safety and Comfort of My Patients Are Paramount at the LA Vein Center. - Magazine of Santa Clarita - March 31st, 2021
- Gaining Momentum: Over One Billion Square Feet of Space Enrolls in WELL Health-Safety Rating - Business Wire - March 31st, 2021
- Seattle Thunderbirds secure 3-2 win over the Portland Winterhawks - DUBNetwork - March 31st, 2021
- Five of the best parks in Cumbria to meet up with friends - News & Star - March 31st, 2021
- Construction on bridges over I-43 at the Hillside Interchange set to begin - Milwaukee Journal Sentinel - March 21st, 2021
- Now government health officials announce bubble and seal measures after October 1st - ThaiExaminer.com - March 21st, 2021
- How do you achieve a more eco-friendly propulsion system and minimise the footprint of your vessel? - Riviera Maritime Media - March 21st, 2021
- BJP candidates approach HC against rejection of nomination - Mathrubhumi English - March 21st, 2021
- Liberation endures forever - The Jewish Standard - March 21st, 2021
- Perseverance rover records sounds of driving on Mars Spaceflight Now - Spaceflight Now - March 21st, 2021
- EDITORIAL: Welcome everyone as if they are lost German tourists - Bangor Daily News - March 21st, 2021
- The Last Unknown Takes Viewers to Some of the Most Remote Islands on Earth - Gizmodo - March 21st, 2021
- Journey Through Fire and Ice: A tour of our carbon footprint, 23 miles above the Arctic Circle - Anchorage Press - March 21st, 2021
- Gordon Ramsay roasted a chef who covered an expensive Wagyu steak with Nutella - Business Insider India - March 21st, 2021
- Global Coriolis Mass Flowmeters Market 2020 Applications, SWOT Analysis, Remarkable Growth and Competitive Landscape by 2026 KSU | The Sentinel... - March 11th, 2021
- London Gateway is now the UK port of call for two new major international shipping services - Fleet Transport - February 22nd, 2021
- Covid-19: Thailand implements 'seal and bubble' strategy to curb transmission in factories - The Edge Markets MY - February 8th, 2021
- Former Navy SEAL commander says Putin has outplayed the US and Russia is the greatest external security threat - We Are The Mighty - February 8th, 2021
- Remembering David Washbrook, and His Historical Insights on Class Relations in South Asia - The Wire - February 8th, 2021
- Native American mascots under spotlight as Massachusetts bill proposes eliminating their use in public schools - MassLive.com - February 8th, 2021
- I Bought a Reiki-Charged Candle Based on a Tarot Card Readingand You Can Too - HouseBeautiful.com - February 8th, 2021
- 6 Important Spring Cleaning Tips That Are Often Forgotten - The Apopka Voice - February 8th, 2021
- Gerresheimer Triveni receives award for its active customer management from the Indian industry association CII - Pharmaceutical Business review -... - February 8th, 2021
- Nations first Navy SEAL and local native passes away - WTAJ - www.wearecentralpa.com - January 31st, 2021
- ReCAAP ISC issues incident alert on incidents against ships in the eastbound lane of Singapore Strait - American Journal of Transportation - January 31st, 2021
- I woke up at 4:30 a.m. for a week like a Navy SEAL and it made me more productive - Yahoo News - January 31st, 2021
- Connah's Quay councillor moved to tears after community rallies once again to help those in need - LeaderLive - January 31st, 2021
- Ironton scrapes by Panthers | Sports - Huntington Herald Dispatch - January 31st, 2021
- Cocktail of the week: The Connaught Bar's Good Fellas - recipe | The good mixer - The Guardian - January 31st, 2021
- ACT Alliance Rapid Response Fund (RRF) - Emergency Assistance to people affected by the West Sulawesi Earthquake (26 January 2021) - Indonesia -... - January 31st, 2021
- Comprehensive Report on Teflon O-Rings Market 2021 | Size, Growth, Demand, Opportunities & Forecast To 2027 | Sterling Seal and Supply, Polymax,... - January 31st, 2021