I remember being tired before I had kids. It sucked. I was so tired!
Then I had a baby, and I got even more tired. I mean, I dont know how much more tired Iwaswith a kidthan I used to be, or if I was moretired than my childfree friends have ever or will ever be, but I definitely feltmore tired most days than Iremember feelingback then. To make matters worse,I had to keep my kid alive while being this insane new level of tired.
The tiredness just kept growing, exponentially. I just had my second baby. The tiredness hasnt stopped. It never will.
But I shouldnt say that out loud. And I definitely shouldnt say it online. Fitness guru and mom Jillian Michaels found that out the hard way when she posted what she probably thought was a harmless parenting meme about being exhausted. Unfortunately, in todays landscape of instant outrage, nothing is harmless anymore.
It doesnt matter that shes right (COME AT ME!) All that matters is that the childfree somehow felt victimized by the meme, because if theres anything worth getting upset about, its Facebook memes.
Some well-balanced people feel differently, leaving comments on the post like, Thats YOUR story, but then you obviously werent suffering with long term illness, looking after sick relatives, working 80 hours a week, working 24 hour shifts, looking after sick animals, working three jobs to make ends meet or any of the other tons of reasons there are to be tired!!!!!
Nope. Just one reason to be tired, as the meme CLEARLY states.
Jillian is a new parent and a famous fitness guru, so she knows from exertion, but she is not a scientist, so she should just shut it, according to this kind soul: Hey, genius. Its called being human. Everyone gets tired, whether they have kids or not. Thats what the human body does. Try studying science harder next time.
No one said anything about childfree people not being tired. Again, I was childfree. I was plenty tired. Im sure there are EMTs and medical students and people with insomnia and people with no eyelids who are just as tired as parents, and congratulations, we all tied in the Tired Contest.
Except newsflash:there is no Tired Contest! I was pulling your leg!
Tiredness is not something that can be measured, and neitherMichaels nor I nor those kids staying awake for days on end just to avoid Freddy Kruger can prove theyre more tired than anyone else, but honestly? WHO GIVES A SHIT. Were all tired.
But those of us with more responsibility are probably maybe? a little more tired than those without much? I dont know how much responsibility you have, and neither does Jillian Michaels, unless she has a personal relationship with all 3,035,511 people who like her Facebook page,(If she does, she definitelywins the Tired Contest!), but I know that kids are a lot of responsibility.
You cant sleep through your kids. Once you have a baby, your sleep starts suffering, and you never get it back, at least not until theyre teenagers. And so parents have very limited opportunities to catch up on sleep theyve missed. Maybe youre childfree and you cant catch up on sleep either I dont know your life but if so FUCK YOU FOR OFFENDING ME except not really because getting upset about a humorous (YMMV) meme meant to appeal to other parents is a tremendous waste of time and energy.
In fact, if youre one of the people who went online to scream about this, like this guy?
You may have been cute back then, but you grew up to be a c***. Why arent people allowed to be tired if they dont have sprogs? You chose to have the little c*** goblins, yet all parents seem to do is complain about everything, and try to bring everyone down to their misery. We get it youre tired. Know who else has a better reason for being tired? People who work 40+ hours a week. They arent allowed to be tired? When did moms become so selfish and entitled? Youre making yourselves look like Bitches.
Wow. If youre leaving a psychotic rant like that on a celebritys harmless Facebook post, you clearly have a lot more energy than me.
BOOM! I win.
Continue reading here:
- Since the age of 5, I've known that I don't want to be a mother - CBC.ca - November 30th, 2019
- 10 top tips to take the stress out of Christmas shopping - Offaly Express - November 30th, 2019
- Im childfree, not childless heres why that difference matters - Stylist Magazine - October 24th, 2019
- 9 Childfree Women Explain What Life Is Like Without Kids ... - August 20th, 2017
- How Not To Be A Dick To Your Childfree Friends - August 11th, 2017
- Calgary bucking national trend of couples with fewer kids, census ... - Calgary Herald - August 5th, 2017
- Ode: Divorced and dating again, childfree by choice | KWIT - KWIT - July 28th, 2017
- Ode: Divorced and dating again, childfree by choice - KWIT - July 26th, 2017
- Home | Childfree Women UK & Ireland - July 5th, 2017
- Celebrating ChildFreedom on the Fourth of July - HuffPost - July 4th, 2017
- Myths and Facts About Living Childfree - RESOLVE - July 1st, 2017
- Can Everyone On RHONY Stop Shaming Carole Radziwill For Not Having Children? - Refinery29 - June 30th, 2017
- Why am I expected to have children just because I'm a woman? - Irish Times - June 27th, 2017
- Vacation without Children - Childfree Getaways - TripSavvy - June 23rd, 2017
- Why you should go on a child-free vacation - Femina - June 22nd, 2017
- What We Get Wrong About Women Who Don't Have Kids - Refinery29 - June 19th, 2017
- Why Not Wanting Kids Is a Good Enough Reason to Not Have Them - POPSUGAR - June 19th, 2017
- 'Strangers should mind their own business about my child-free status' - Independent.ie - June 9th, 2017
- Overlooking the childfree is a mistake - Spectator.co.uk (blog) - June 7th, 2017
- How People Decide Whether to Have Children - The Atlantic - May 23rd, 2017
- Recognizing Childfree Families On International Family Day - HuffPost - May 17th, 2017
- I Have No Regrets About Choosing To Be Childfree - Huffington Post India - April 23rd, 2017
- Let Them Be Snipped: A Proposal of Ideas - ODU Mace & Crown - April 23rd, 2017
- Ina Garten On Being Childfree: 'It's A Choice And That Was The ... - Huffington Post - April 21st, 2017
- Chrissy Teigen: We Shouldn't 'Assume All Women's Goals Are To Have Kids' - Huffington Post - April 13th, 2017
- The Childfree, Outrage, and Where It Belongs - Huffington Post - April 7th, 2017
- What not to say to couples who don't have children - The Irish Times - Irish Times - March 23rd, 2017
- Childfree: Meet the women who don't want to become mums - ABC Online - March 21st, 2017
- Child-free and OK with it but still dealing with moral scolding and ... - Salon - March 7th, 2017
- Meet The Twenty-Something Childfree Women Fighting To Be Sterilised - Huffington Post UK - March 7th, 2017
- Ugh: Americans Still Think Less of People Without Kids - Glamour - March 6th, 2017
- This May Explain Why So Many People Feel Outraged About Childfree Adults - Huffington Post - March 2nd, 2017
- I had a vasectomy and I have no regrets - Why a lot of people are opting for a child free lifestyle - SDE Entertainment News (satire) (press release)... - February 26th, 2017
- Only One in the World: Pioneering NotMom Summit to Connect Childless & Childfree Women - PR Newswire (press release) - February 7th, 2017
- Why No Kids - We're childfree and happy. You could be too! - February 4th, 2017
- Voluntary childlessness - Wikipedia - February 1st, 2017
- Mommyjacking The Childfree Life - STFU Parents - February 1st, 2017
- Childfreedom - August 10th, 2016
- The Very Sad Childfree Life | Strange Notions - July 31st, 2016
- International Childfree Day | Celebrating Childfree Men ... - July 25th, 2016
- Childfree Me Reflections on my choice to be childless - July 3rd, 2016
- The Childfree-by-Choice Pages - June 19th, 2016
- the childfree-by-choice pages [ potpourri ] - June 19th, 2016
- Childfree News - June 17th, 2016
- I Do NOT Want Kids! ( CHILDFREE / KIDFREE dating ) aka ... - June 17th, 2016
- Complete Without Kids: a Childfree by Choice Handbook ... - June 17th, 2016
- Vacation Without Children (Childfree Getaways) - June 16th, 2016
- Childfree - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - June 12th, 2016
- Living Childfree - RESOLVE: The National Infertility ... - June 12th, 2016
- The Childfree Life - June 12th, 2016
- The Childfree Life Index page - June 12th, 2016
- Happily Childfree - June 12th, 2016