This weekend will see theBassmasterClassic come to Lake Ray Roberts. You can watch the boats go out return to the Texas State Park at Pilot Point. Thats about all you will see as the rest is at the Fort Worth Stockyards.
This is the Classic and while you might have seen a couple of major tournaments on Texoma, you are in for a surprise in Fort Worth. Some of you might have gone to the Classic in Tulsa some years back. It was my first and I worked it forTFORods andBlakemoreRoad Runner.
Tulsa was where I met GerryLoomisand we became friends before it was over. That Tulsa show also was where I met Bill Dance on a break. He had been at another show that we both were working. We were in the Tulsa break room, he kept looking at me and then said: "I know you but whats your name?"
After two shows we worked together, Jimmy Houston became a friend. He had been cold toward me at the other shows but after he saw that I was also serious about my work we became friends. Ray Scott was another friend I made at that Oklahoma City Tackle Show.
At another show later I was working with BillyMurrey, Ray came up behind me and got me in a headlock, dont know why but they were all laughing. It helped to know them all when I was into serious fishing.
Fast forward until this weekend. You just cant believe what you will see and can do. If you go with your family make sure your boy or girl has a new cap. They might get some famous fishing names on it. Friday will also be Military Appreciation Day. Saturday is FirstResponderAppreciation Day. There will be a load of things to do at the Outdoors Expo at the Will Rogers Memorial Center.
Friday from 4-10 p.m. will see the kickoff party. It starts with the Cattle Drive. Live music at 6 p.m. will include country star Jimmie Allen before he goes to play at Billy Bob's. The Squeeze Box Bandits will take over the rest of the time.
Tournament weigh-in each day will be atDickiesArena. There is a slew of great restaurants there also. Most of the entertainment is free.
Wednesday saw Charlie finally come out of hiding and we went fishing. Texoma continues to look like a bass fishermans dream. We were in Charlie's boat so I got to sit in the back and let him run the boat. After fishing our cove with no results, I had him head for the boathouses.
Using the newBooyahConvert SeriesSpinnerbaitI had talked about last week, I made a cast across the end of a boathouse and had the rod nearly jerked out of my hand as a hefty bass clobbered it. I put it in the boat; Charlie said I could count it.
Not long after, Charlie was throwing one of the olderBooyahSpinnerbaitsbut lost a fish. We went to the back of Little Mineral; we fished a long stretch of good-looking water and at one point I caught a nice bass on mySpinnerbait. While fishing was slow, the buck brush was biting as we had to go into it several times to get our lures back.
Moving over to another bank, Charlie's rod bent double it was a bigstriper; didnt count. Moved on up to another cove. We were fishing along and Charlie caught and lost another fish. Later he caught and got in another fish. It was silver; didnt count.
Giving myBooyahConvert SeriesSpinnerbaita rest, I tossed a YUM Breaking Shad Jerk Bait and was working it over a big limb in the water when a nice Kentucky crashed it. We heard a splashing and back down the bank a big school ofstripersorsandbasswere working over a school of shad.
By the time we decided to go back and try them they were gone. I got one more bass on the YUM Breaking Shad. It was getting hot so we decided to go in. I like to catch at least five fish before I write about them. I had to count Charlie's two to get to five.
Im at loggers end trying to figure out where the bass are. My most consistent bass structure continues to be boathouses with the newBooyahSpinnerbait. Crappie are slow and when I catch one it is in deeper water in or around brush. Even people fishing with minnows arent catching very many. Catfish will be spawning now and the lake has a lot of jug lines floating everywhere.
The rocks and black holes down towardEisenhowerMarina close to the bank are good places to look for the kitties. Look where you are running if you wrap one off those jug lines around your prop get it off quick as you can. Dont and it can melt your prop seal and possibly cost you a lower unit.
Stripers and sandbass are definitely your best bet for catching now. Live bait seems to be best now but some lures are also getting limits. Finding a place to park at our ramp is getting hard to do. Highport is running some people off with their new launch system and they are coming over here only to find no place to park.
Your best bets for finding launch parking will likely be the Lighthouse or Little Mineral Marina.
Have a great weekend and a trip to Fort Worth would be fun.
Go here to read the rest:
- Cannabis industry group pushes 'green seal' and tax credits - Times Union - July 29th, 2021
- Sealand: The extraordinary tale of a micronation off the Suffolk coast where you can become a duke or duchess - Cambridgeshire Live - July 29th, 2021
- 10 game releases to look out for in August 2021 - Animation Xpress - July 29th, 2021
- Lawrence County Courthouse exterior project to be finished in October - Ellwood City Ledger - July 29th, 2021
- A-10 Warthogs Are About To Operate From A US Highway For The First Time - The Drive - July 29th, 2021
- What Is Killing The Birds? - Union County Daily Digital - July 29th, 2021
- Certified American Grown is Honored to have Congressional Resolutions Introduced to Celebrate American Grown Flowers and Foliage Month -... - July 29th, 2021
- The mystery of the meaning behind Honiton's town seal - Midweek Herald - July 29th, 2021
- HOPING TO BE TUFF ENOUGH | Jamestown Press - Jamestown Press - July 29th, 2021
- Review: You'll lose your head over a great Dev Patel and dazzling 'The Green Knight' - USA TODAY - July 29th, 2021
- 'Foul smell' that has plagued a Chester road for years is back - Cheshire Live - July 21st, 2021
- People living on Welsh border tormented by smell likened to dead bodies and human waste - North Wales Live - July 21st, 2021
- The big business of nobility titles - The Hustle - July 21st, 2021
- Few efforts to derail WU TRAIN BAKER lays out federal COVID relief spending plan Where is JANEY'S REPORT on PATRICK ROSE? - Politico - July 21st, 2021
- Pidlite Industries appoints Sudhanshu Vats as deputy managing director - Mint - July 21st, 2021
- City of Jackson is set to replace its seal, and it's saying goodbye to Andrew Jackson and his horse - WSYM-TV - July 14th, 2021
- Toughest Summer Job: Repairing asphalt in the heat - WeAreGreenBay.com - July 14th, 2021
- Is Breaking the Seal a Real Thing When Drinking Alcohol? - Health Essentials from Cleveland Clinic - July 14th, 2021
- How to turn past-their-best summer berries into a refreshing drink recipe - The Guardian - July 14th, 2021
- Acosta on Trump Appearing at CPAC: 'Take Your Fake White House Seal and Go Play President Somewhere Else - Mediaite - July 14th, 2021
- East Morgan County Library News: Collection is full of items of all kinds for check out - Fort Morgan Times - July 14th, 2021
- 'Wherever you go, you can make a friend' | Hometown Heroes 2021 | beacononlinenews.com - The West Volusia Beacon - July 14th, 2021
- Great White Sightings Are Up But You Can Avoid A Shark Attack With Common Sense, Say Experts - Forbes - July 14th, 2021
- County Durham women on 4x4x48 run to beat pancreatic cancer - The Northern Echo - July 14th, 2021
- Opportunities in India's Trade and Investment with Iran - India Briefing - July 14th, 2021
- Keypoint Intelligence Awards Canon, Epson, and HP with BLI Summer 2021 A4 Picks - PR Web - July 14th, 2021
- LBUSD sees massive summer school enrollment, and it's more than remedial classes Long Beach Post News - Long Beach Post - July 12th, 2021
- Chester 10k 2021: What runners and residents need to know - The Chester Standard - July 12th, 2021
- Home Sweet Home Chicago (06/26/21) David Hochberg with MEGAPros Joe, Tom Jahnke with Builder Supply Outlet, Roy Spencer from Perma-Seal, and the VP... - June 28th, 2021
- Kill Cliff Releases Limited Edition Commemorative Cans Celebrating 10 Years Of Giving Back To The Navy SEAL Foundation - BevNET.com - June 28th, 2021
- GOP Congressional Candidate Used Campaign Funds to Take Part in Capitol Breach - Truthout - June 28th, 2021
- 2 ex-O.C. sheriffs deputies who are twin brothers admit to military leave fraud costing taxpayers nearly $50K - KTLA - June 28th, 2021
- A GOP candidate used leftover cash from his failed congressional campaign to pay for a trip to the Capitol riot, report says - Yahoo News - June 28th, 2021
- For history and culture lovers, there's no place like Sitka - Anchorage Daily News - June 28th, 2021
- What is the Colombia Check-MIG Form and How You Can Get It - Luxury Travel Magazine - June 28th, 2021
- Blackfish: how captive killer whale documentary ended SeaWorld's orca breeding programme - The Conversation UK - June 23rd, 2021
- Surge testing in two areas of Chester amid 'alarming' rise in Covid rate - The Chester Standard - June 20th, 2021
- David Athertons dressing recipes for summer salads - The Guardian - June 20th, 2021
- Seal season's a busy time for rescue groups, but not all washed-up pups are in need - ABC News - June 20th, 2021
- The 2021 SCO International Round Table was held in Lianyungang, Jiangsu - PRNewswire - June 20th, 2021
- 'The Office' trivia, Father's Day fishing: 15 events, things to do in Spring and Klein in June, July - Community Impact Newspaper - June 20th, 2021
- Calls for inquiry into legislated and approved animal deterrents following Tasmanian seal deaths - ABC News - June 20th, 2021
- Sid the salmon-eating seal "not having an effect" on fish in the River Wye - South Wales Argus - June 20th, 2021
- This Video Of A Baby Seal's First Swim Lesson Will Melt Your Heart Into A Puddle - NDTV - June 20th, 2021
- FreightWaves Classics: Port of Los Angeles is the nations busiest! - FreightWaves - June 15th, 2021
- How to Witness the Rare Polar Solar Eclipse - AFAR Media - June 15th, 2021
- Boyd Expands Global Footprint With State-of-the-Art Facility in Vietnam - I-Connect007 - June 15th, 2021
- Great white sharks preparing to return to Cape Breton | Saltwire - SaltWire Network - June 15th, 2021
- Portion of Cousino Rd. to be repaved in LaSalle - Monroe Evening News - June 13th, 2021
- Flag Day 2021: New Jersey's connection to the Stars and Stripes - NorthJersey.com - June 13th, 2021
- Nothing compares to the first local luscious strawberries of the season - Farming Life - June 13th, 2021
- Boyd Corporation Expands Global Footprint With State-of-the-Art Facility in Vietnam - Business Wire - June 13th, 2021
- Airway Heights prison guard gets 2 months for smuggling drugs inside. Prisoner who received the drugs? He got 56 months. - The Spokesman-Review - June 13th, 2021
- Seven years in prison for chief mate of cargo vessel where Philly feds found record 20 tons of cocaine - The Philadelphia Inquirer - June 13th, 2021
- Principality of Sealand - Become A Lord Or Lady With Sealand - June 2nd, 2021
- About Sealand | The Principality Of Sealand | Sealand History - June 2nd, 2021
- Antengene Announces Fifteen Clinical Studies and Results of Selinexor to be Presented at ASCO 2021 - Stockhouse - June 2nd, 2021
- Notice of Public Hearing | Legal Announcements | newsadvance.com - Lynchburg News and Advance - May 27th, 2021
- New initiative inspires coexistence with seals on Cape Cod beaches - PRNewswire - May 27th, 2021
- How many children did Aretha Franklin have and where are they now? - Smooth Radio - May 27th, 2021
- Mollie Tibbetts case recap: 'I wouldn't harm her,' boyfriend testifies in Cristhian Bahena Rivera's trial - Des Moines Register - May 27th, 2021
- Researchers try to ID source of ghost fishing nets - Yahoo News - May 27th, 2021
- Luck of the Jewish? - The Jewish Standard - May 27th, 2021
- Plywood boards used to protect New York establishments are repurposed into captivating sculptures - Archinect - May 27th, 2021
- Seal: Heidi Klum and I have never had co-parenting teamwork - Inside NoVA - May 27th, 2021
- This Manual 1967 Mercury Cougar 289 Is Looking for a New and Caring Owner - autoevolution - May 27th, 2021
- Breathe easier and guard yourself against airborne contaminants with this KN95 respirator mask - The Straits Times - May 27th, 2021
- Behind Guam but ahead of other insular areas - Saipan Tribune - May 27th, 2021
- Maintenance on Platt Road near Ann Arbor could affect traffic - MLive.com - May 24th, 2021
- Which geological period is called the Age of Fishes? The Weekend quiz - The Guardian - May 24th, 2021
- Seal Says He and Heidi Klum Have Never Had Teamwork Coparenting Their Kids - Us Weekly - May 24th, 2021
- A grand strategy of resolute restraint - Brookings Institution - May 24th, 2021
- What you should be shredding and why - Tennessean - May 24th, 2021
- June construction could bring parking off streets and delays - Wyoming Tribune - May 24th, 2021
- USAF Ready to Move ABMS-Tech Into Operational Phase - autoevolution - May 24th, 2021
- Project updates for the Week of May 24, 2021 - Texas Department of Transportation - May 24th, 2021
- The two-state solution that envisages sovereign Palestine & Israel living side by side in peace is the only way to end their conflict, writes A L... - May 24th, 2021
- You don't have to wait for the Wisconsin State Fair to enjoy food on a stick. Try this grilled chicken souvlaki recipe. - Green Bay Press Gazette - May 24th, 2021
- Catholic high schools welcome return of in-person graduation ceremonies - Angelus News - May 24th, 2021
- From Invasion to Energy | Latest | NDWorks | University of Notre Dame - ND Newswire - May 24th, 2021