The Lineup is a monthly series where were giving you an inside peek at the beauty lineups of cool fashion people, editors, makeup artists, hairstylists, and estheticiansall the people we trust the most. Get ready for a behind-the-scenes look at all the cant-live-without products that make their worlds go round.
If you're not familiar with Emily DiDonato's name, you'd probably recognize her face from the countless Maybelline ads she's appeared in (she became the face of the brand when she was fresh out of high school) or her modeling for Victoria's Secret and countless other designers. She's only 30 and has already had an impressive career that has given her opportunities to collaborate with some of the best makeup artists and hairstylists in the industry. "I've been on set for thousands of photoshoots, have tried so many products, and picked up so many tips and tricks along the way," says the New Yorkbased supermodel. Though she admits she wasn't always skilled in the beauty department. "As a teenager, I went through a period of struggling with acne and genuinely didn't know how to take care of my skin. I tried so many different routines and systems, from Proactiv to Clinique, with hopes of achieving a clearer complexion."
DiDonato says she feels fortunate to have had exposure to beauty throughout her life, but after years of experimenting with skincare and playing product roulette, she felt ready to trade her complex 12-step routine for something more streamlined. "My dermatologist, Julie Russak, has taught me less is more and consistency and product compatibility are key." Ultimately, this is what led DiDonato to co-found Covey, a simple three-step skin ritual that works across all skin types.
Even though DiDonato's own line is keeping her busy, she still loves discovering and trying new products to feature on her YouTube channel. "I firmly believe that beauty products should make you feel good and shouldn't be a source of stress. They should make you feel confident and act as anchors even during the most hectic days," she says. Keep scrolling to see the picks that make her feel her best.
Covey First of All Cleanser ($29)
"Because all of Coveys products are like my children, I dont like to choose favorites But this cleanser is my favorite. It takes all of my makeup off (including waterproof) in a single step, without ever stripping my skin. When we were formulating the cleanser, I would test each version after shoot days when I'd be wearing the most makeup and record videos of myself testing it. I have dozens of videos of myself with raccoon eyes from versions that didnt do the trick. I knew we had found 'the one' when it effortlessly removed all of my makeup from a Maybelline shoot."
Covey Next Up Vitamin C Serum ($59)
"When we were developing Covey, we knew we wanted to include vitamin C because of how many skin concerns it addresses. But vitamin C is notoriously unstable (and becomes ineffective once it oxidizes) and the hot dog water smell of typical vitamin C serums doesnt exactly get you excited to apply it each day. Plus, many vitamin C serums can cause irritation for those with sensitive skin, myself included. We were determined to create a serumthat was gentle yet effective minus the smell and oxidation. Next Up Vitamin C Serum contains 15% THD ascorbate, which is the most modern form of vitamin C. Its super gentle, ultra stable, and also 50 times more effective than L-ascorbic acid. Its also completely fragrance free."
Covey Skin Last But Not Least Moisturizer ($49)
"This moisturizer is the Goldilocks of moisturizers: super hydrating and moisturizing but lightweight and fast-absorbing. Just right. It plays well under makeup but is also ideal for overnight hydration. The texture is super unique whippy and gel-like, making it perfect year-round."
First Aid Beauty Weightless Liquid Mineral Sunscreen SPF 30 ($34)
"My biggest teenage beauty regret is how much time I spent in tanning beds. Fast forward to today, Im super stringent about wearing SPF daily. This one from First Aid Beauty is my favorite because of how truly weightless it is. Its great under makeup and never pills my other skincare products."
Bumble and Bumble Don't Blow It Fine Hair Air Dry Styler ($31)
"My hair is naturally thick and wavy, and I always come back to this. I put it in my hair when it's wet and let it air dry. It enhances my natural texture, just less frizzy."
Gisou Honey Infused Hair Oil ($46)
"I am obsessed with all things Gisou, especially its hair oil. I put this into my wet hair to tame frizz and hydrate but will also apply it to my ends to finish styling. My hair always looks (and feels) healthiest when I use hair oil, and this one is always in the rotation."
Living Proof No Frizz Weightless Spray ($38)
"All of my hair products are focused on containing my hairs natural frizziness, and this spray is no different. I especially love this as the weather gets warmer in New York (aka more humidity!) as an extra tool to fight the frizz and smooth my hair. I mist it on after styling."
Batiste Original Dry Shampoo ($6)
"I only wash my hair two times a week, so dry shampoo is a necessity between washes. I used to wash every day, but since switching to twice a week, my hairs texture and shininess has never been better. I love Batistes dry shampoo to freshen up between washes."
Dr. Barbara Sturm Lip Balm ($55)
"I love that this lip balm is the perfect multitasker for day and night. It has ingredients like vitamin E to fight environmental stressors during the day and plant-based oils to seriously hydrate. During the day, I tap on top of my lip color of choice, and at night, I slather on as an overnight lip mask."
Dr. Barbara Sturm Anti-Aging Body Cream ($230)
"When people talk about taking care of their skin, theyre usually referring to their face, but its so important to take care of your entire body. I find a lot of body creams and oils dont absorb quickly, which can be annoying because no one wants to get dressed while feeling sticky. This body cream from Dr. Sturm is super fast-absorbing, and my skin feels soft and hydrated all day. I also use this as a highlighter for a shimmer-less glisten."
Weleda Skin Food Original Ultra-Rich Cream ($19)
"Katie Jane Hughes got me (and I think the rest of the internet!) into Skin Food, but I love it most on my hands. Its the year of handwashing and sanitizer, so if you havent invested into a great hand cream yet, this is it."
Tom Ford Jasmin Rouge Eau de Parfum ($250)
"I have a few fragrances that I rotate, depending on my mood and the occasion, but Ive been reaching for Tom Fords Jasmine Rouge the most recently. It has the perfect amount of intensity, and I get compliments whenever I have it on."
S-Heart-S Scalp Brush ($67)
"Ive always struggled with a dry scalp and am constantly trying new products and tools to combat it. Ive been using this brush, which is meant for wet hair and to eliminate flakiness. I definitely see a difference whenever I use this instead of a standard brush, and it feels like a mini scalp massage whenever I use it."
Swstinling 6 Pack Big Claw Clips ($12)
"TikTok made me buy these, and I have no regrets. They hold my super-thick hair effortlessly. The claw clip comeback may be one of my favorites from 2020."
GHD Platinum+ Professional Performance 1" Styler ($249)
"This is my daily hair tool. I use it to create waves and curls and, of course, to straighten. My YouTube video tutorial on how to create waves using this iron went viral, and I still get stopped on the street by people thanking me for teaching them this trick!"
Jos Eber Curling Iron ($60)
"This gets me the 'cool-girl wave that Ive been trying to nail for years. No other curling iron has worked as well or as effortlessly as this one for me, and its super affordable. Go figure!"
Stoney Clover Lane Bubblegum Small 'Stuff' Pouch ($132)
"I have been loving my customized Covey cosmetic case from Stoney Cover. It holds all of my daily makeup (with room to spare!), including my current lineup: Maybelline Sky High Mascara (thank you again, TikTok), Maybelline Fit Me! Foundation (fun fact: I love powder foundation!), Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer (which Ive used forever), and my forever faithful, Bare Minerals Blush in You Had Me at Merlot."
Up next: Why I'm a big fan of Botox (plus 15 products I love, too).
This article originally appeared on Who What Wear
Read More from Who What Wear
See the original post:
- How to Stay Entertained in the Comfort of your Home - The African Exponent - May 16th, 2021
- Sticky snacks and taco roulette - Honolulu Star-Advertiser - May 16th, 2021
- Christy OConnor: How comfortable is a seat at the knockout roulette table? - Irish Examiner - May 16th, 2021
- Winning Lotto numbers for Saturday May 15, 2021? The results are in: are you holding the winning ticket? - Born2Invest - May 16th, 2021
- American Roulette Game - Free to Play Online Simulator - May 11th, 2021
- American Roulette Simulator Play Online Roulette for Free - May 11th, 2021
- Roulette Odds Guide 2021 Understanding Roulette Payouts - May 11th, 2021
- Play Online Roulette - for Free or Real Money | Roulette 77 ... - May 11th, 2021
- Free Online Roulette Games | Roulette-Simulator.Info - May 11th, 2021
- Free Roulette Online Play Online Roulette Games for Fun - May 11th, 2021
- When did Roulette start and how has it evolved? Film Daily - Film Daily - May 11th, 2021
- Amazon pay roulette answers for May 11th; stand a chance to win Rs 1,000 - Republic World - May 11th, 2021
- TodayTix Announces Acquisition of Broadway Roulette - TicketNews - May 11th, 2021
- "It Was Absurd": Bruins Forward Asham-Moroz Recounts Playing With U18 Gold Medalist - Discoverestevan.com - DiscoverEstevan.com - May 11th, 2021
- The growth of Evolution Gaming Casino - PVP Live - May 11th, 2021
- Best casinos to visit in the US - FTNnews.com - FTNnews.com - May 11th, 2021
- Pragmatic Play and Kaizen Gaming Extend Their Partnership - GamblingNews.com - May 11th, 2021
- Breaking Pick 4 Midday news: we have the winning numbers for today, Tuesday May 11, 2021 - Born2Invest - May 11th, 2021
- Find Out More about the Core Principles of Roulette and Win - India West - April 23rd, 2021
- The Roulette Revolution: from Roly Poly to Virtual Reality - FTNnews.com - April 23rd, 2021
- Are Investors Playing Roulette With Their Retirement? - See It Market - April 23rd, 2021
- Conner Roulette of Misipawistik Cree Nation named to Team Canada - APTN News - April 23rd, 2021
- Views Into the Studios - East Hampton Star - April 23rd, 2021
- Playing Russian roulette with COVID-19: How fatigue, frustration are affecting some mindsets - Global News - April 23rd, 2021
- Top 6 Gambling Destinations in the Czech Republic - - VENTS Magazine - April 23rd, 2021
- Question of the Day: Should employers give workers paid time off to get their COVID-19 vaccines? - KYMA - April 23rd, 2021
- Legal Sports Betting Could Get To California Sooner Than You Think - Sports Handle - April 23rd, 2021
- Probation for Hanover woman involved in 'Russian roulette' robbery, unlawful restraint - York Dispatch - April 15th, 2021
- On the fence about choosing roulette vs. slots to play online? Here are the main differences - - VENTS Magazine - April 15th, 2021
- Real Dealer Studios CPO Shane Cotter on the Hot, Cinematic Alternative to Live Casino - GamblingNews.com - April 15th, 2021
- Best Online Casinos in 2021: Top 5 Real Money Casino Sites - Blog - The Island Now - April 15th, 2021
- Examining the career of legendary, controversial Frank Miller - Tufts Daily - April 15th, 2021
- Announcement about the partnership of 11ic and Asia Gaming (AG) - India West - April 15th, 2021
- Which casino games are the most popular and why? - Tech Digest - April 15th, 2021
- Five Classic Gambling Tales from the Casino & the Sportsbook - blog.casino.com - April 15th, 2021
- Pragmatic Play Seals Online Slots, Live Casino Deal with White Hat Gaming - Casino News Daily - April 15th, 2021
- WV Online Casino Market Expands With The Launch Of BetRivers - Play WV - April 15th, 2021
- Evolutionary Gaming Group to Expand its Gaming Horizon by Acquiring Big Times Gaming in a Recent Deal - West Island Blog - April 15th, 2021
- 4 Myths about Casinos That Are Simply not true - Wales247 - April 11th, 2021
- 10 Tips To Play Live Roulette To Maximize Your Winnings | Retail News Asia - Retail News Asia - March 31st, 2021
- Why Are the History of New Orleans and Roulette So Intertwined? - Big Easy Magazine - March 31st, 2021
- Colombian President Ivn Duque: We have never played roulette with the economy or with social-spending programs - EL PAS in English - March 31st, 2021
- Now is not the time to be normalising sex work for university students - Telegraph.co.uk - March 31st, 2021
- CHIEFS BLOG: Recap of the Chiefs' second week of the season with home opener against Seattle, trip to Tri Cities - KREM.com - March 31st, 2021
- Gaming Win Up Slightly in February - KDWN - March 31st, 2021
- Murphy for Governor and NJDSC Announce Key Additions to Campaign and Coordinated Campaign Senior Staff - InsiderNJ - March 31st, 2021
- The Technology Involved in Live Casino - Essex Magazine - March 31st, 2021
- Best Online Bingo Sites (2021) The Top 5 Sites We Love - Observer - March 31st, 2021
- Everything you need to know about roulette - - VENTS Magazine - March 18th, 2021
- What Is Richer Spin Roulette? - New Las Vegas Roulette Variation - BestUSCasinos.org - March 18th, 2021
- Are The Odds Fair On Rare Roulette? - Scoop.co.nz - March 18th, 2021
- Ellmount Group announces CasinoRoom.com as first official online casino partner of The Festival in Tallinn - World Casino Directory - March 18th, 2021
- Pennsylvania And Massachusetts Further Relax Gambling Restrictions - CardPlayer.com - March 18th, 2021
- The Walking Dead Season 10 Episode 19 Twist Is One Of Its Darkest Ever - Screen Rant - March 18th, 2021
- What Do You Need to Know to Be a Roulette Dealer ? | Udaipur News - Udaipur Kiran - March 18th, 2021
- New App: Casino Station Global Ranking - Business Wire - March 18th, 2021
- Evolution becomes part of the Casino777.es family - GlobeNewswire - March 18th, 2021
- Why The Walking Dead Fans Are Loving The Latest Episode Of Season 10C - Looper - March 18th, 2021
- You won't find this Roulette in any casino - Sidney Herald Leader - March 16th, 2021
- Inaction leaves world playing Russian roulette with pandemics, say experts - The Guardian - March 16th, 2021
- 'Tuchel roulette' - Chelsea fans react to starting XI to face Leeds United as Pulisic returns - Football.London - March 16th, 2021
- Which casino games have the best chances of winning? - fingerlakes1.com - March 16th, 2021
- The Casino Games of Skills That Give You Edge - UnderScoopFire - March 16th, 2021
- Ratings roulette: Who's holding their breath and who's ready to fire in the ratings? - Radio Today (Aust & NZ) - March 16th, 2021
- Team White Beats Team Blue 3-1 Behind Three Points From Jared Davidson Seattle Thunderbirds - seattlethunderbirds.com - March 16th, 2021
- Around Town: Collection of Antonio's Nut House items set for auction - Palo Alto Online - March 16th, 2021
- 'Mogul Roulette,' Or The Totally Random Destruction Of Local News - wgbh.org - February 25th, 2021
- Find The Best Online Casino In The USA - LA Canyon News - February 25th, 2021
- Playing Russian roulette with restrictions, variants - The Brandon Sun - February 25th, 2021
- Why the 49ers Need to Upgrade at Quarterback - Sports Illustrated - February 25th, 2021
- Why Manchester is the best place in the UK for casinos - About Manchester - February 25th, 2021
- Why Live Roulette is a Better Experience than Digital Roulette - Gameindustry.com - GameIndustry.com - February 21st, 2021
- Online roulette: one of the most sought after games - Explica - February 21st, 2021
- Community news from around the area | News, Sports, Jobs - The Daily Times - February 21st, 2021
- The Science In Gambling - EconoTimes - February 21st, 2021
- My beautiful daughter took ketamine and drowned in her bath its become Russian Roulette drug for teens in - The Irish Sun - February 21st, 2021
- Windshields smashed, nerves shattered as cars, trucks fling icy snow on highways - WLWT Cincinnati - February 21st, 2021
- The human roulette of vaccination drives - DTNEXT - February 6th, 2021
- 5 Things to Do This Weekend - The New York Times - February 6th, 2021
- From Zim, with Love: The Russian roulette of explosives smuggling - Daily Maverick - February 6th, 2021