The fallout from COVID-19 is driving huge investment within AI and nanotechnology, with healthcare investment expected to grow at a rate of nearly 50% more a year towards a market set to be worth $1.333 trillion by 2027, according to Vector Innovation Fund.
The acceleration highlights wide recognition that the world cannot afford the human and economic cost of another pandemic, it says.
At present, 70% of global healthcare provision is spent on providing care for the last few months of our lives.
It is further accepted that the pandemic has shown the inefficiency of the worlds centralised healthcare model and its poor outcomes, with far reaching economic effects and negative impacts on treating cancers, mental health, cardio-vascular conditions, and the emerging challenge from Long COVID.
But observers say this will now trigger the greatest transformation of investment in advanced healthcare technologies since World War II.
These include sophisticated nanotechnology-based diagnostics, biomarkers, vaccines, novel therapies, highly targeted nanomedicines and AI, allowing us to move to a more sustainable, digitised, decentralised and democratised point-of-care environment.
"With dynamic investment these will free our economies and future-proof us from infectious diseases as well as develop solutions to antibiotic resistance, another global healthcare challenge that only technology can solve," VIF says.
"Investors are already switching to this accelerated model, away from traditional healthcare infrastructure and onto point of care and precision medicine.
"This delivers sustainable healthcare economics as well as improving life and longevity. Such investment is expected to bring transformational impact and returns over the next decade and beyond."
This trend was apparent before COVID-19 but investment in healthcare technology in the second half of 2020 has already reached record levels and is set to climb significantly over the next decade.
One particular investment group has developed a unique gateway fund to innovative and disruptive technologies, targeting current and future pandemics, as well as transforming global healthcare.
This international investment platform operated by Vector Innovation Fund G-P Srl, is registered and regulated as an Alternative International Investment Fund, domiciled in Luxembourg due to the country's world class reputation for tax efficiency and regulatory standards. This highly innovative fund is attractive and available only to sophisticated international, UHNW, family office, sovereign wealth, and other institutional investors.
Vector Innovation Fund (VIF) has now launched a $300 million sub-fund for pandemic protection and future healthcare, aiding and supporting precision medicine, highly advanced point of care and AI technologies to support the global economy, sustainable healthcare, and life longevity.
Paul Stannard, chairman and general partner of VIF, says, "Politicians are always forced to defend our old, centralised healthcare model but the pandemic has proved beyond doubt its not fit for purpose.
"A new approach to emerging technologies is vital," he says.
"We have brought together some of the worlds leading figures in biomedicine, advanced diagnostics, nano biomarkers, telemedicine, AI and machine learning to accelerate these transformational technologies into the markets, backed by sophisticated and institutional investors creating one of the most dynamic international investment structures," Stannard explains.
"Globally, we have had to deal with Ebola, Zika Virus, Bird Flu, and now COVID-19 in one decade, but the economy must adapt to a new future, where prevention and early intervention as well as using AI to drive more sustainable models for healthcare and investment."
One example of this is the profound change in telemedicine in just a few months. These technology solutions for GPs and patients, have allowed us to monitor and support many more patients during this pandemic the start of an unstoppable transformation.
Stannard says previous investment criteria were holding back innovation and only reinforcing the broken property-focused and centralised models for healthcare. Innovators have proved that they can develop and commercialise novel technologies and have some approved within months, not years, and this trend will advance beyond the current crisis, which is creating this groundswell of pent-up investment in advanced technologies.
"Our team have an excellent track record in industry, healthcare, technology and investment, with 21 exits and a total value creation of $2.4 billion, including two successful IPOs," he says.
A recent report by KPMG and HFS Research highlighted how companies and governments need to make smart investments in emerging technologies if they are to prevail against future pandemics: 65% of 900 global executives polled said: We don't have a choice or we risk threatening our very existence.
Paul Sheedy, founder of The World Nano Foundation, an international not-for-profit organisation for the commercialisation of nanoscale technologies, adds, "Nanomedicine and the decoding of the genome have been enhancing healthcare for a number of years, but the pandemic has catapulted healthcare investment creating a hockey stick effect for investors.
"This includes vastly improved home testing and advanced diagnostics where we know outcomes are significantly improved through early intervention," he says.
"Added to this, highly targeted precision medicines or therapies are going to transform all forms of healthcare, allowing us to work in parallel with and then ultimately move away from the current archaic centralised healthcare system delivery."
Nanotechnology is forecast to more than double from $54.2 billion this year to $126.8 billion by 2027 and will create a positive force for change when combined with AI and machine learning, forecast on its own to soar 22.5% a year through to 2027 from a $284.38 billion market in 2019.
"We are going to see these twin forces of innovation transform how we live, work, and manage our health in real time as well as develop sustainable models for everything from food production and energy to transport and pollution, all of which improve health and well-being.
"The world of philanthropy and impact investing is also undergoing significant change as we realise that we must advance everything from healthcare for all with more affordable point of care to climate change, improved biodiversity, and reversing pollution."
Naz Bashir, trustee of global technology charity World Science Aid, says, "The world has suddenly woken up to the fact that the global challenges of healthcare, pollution and climate change must now be tackled head on.
"The pandemic has proved that money has no value without sustainable life and a stable economy. The world has reinforced the mistakes of supporting tired funding models for too long, and one positive outcome from the current global crisis is recognition that we now need to invest for the future, and these new technologies can right some of the wrongs of the past.
"For instance, two billion of the worlds seven billion people still do not have access to clean water or simple point of care technology," says Bashir.
"The next generation deserve and demand a better future that these enabling technologies can offer our governments and investors towards building a better post-pandemic future."
- Nanotech Presenting at the Sidoti Virtual Microcap Conference for Investors on Wednesday, May 19, 2021 - GlobeNewswire - May 14th, 2021
- Superbug infections in poultry under the microscope - Poultry World - May 14th, 2021
- Aerospace Nanotechnology Market Global Demand, Research and Top Leading Player to 2026 | COVID-19 Analysis | Airbus,Glonatech,Flight Shield,Lockheed... - May 14th, 2021
- You Need to Know About the Top 5 Trends in Pharmaceutical Analysis - EuroScientist - May 14th, 2021
- IBM makes another major chip breakthrough in Albany - Times Union - May 11th, 2021
- Nanotechnology Market scrutinized in the new analysis - WhaTech - May 11th, 2021
- Stretchable Conductive Material Market to Eyewitness Massive Growth by 2026 | Dupont & Co., 3M Company, Toyobo Co., Ltd., Advanced Nano Products... - April 13th, 2021
- Taiwan Advanced Nanotech's (GTSM:6797) Solid Profits Have Weak Fundamentals - Simply Wall St - April 11th, 2021
- Nanotech increasing pace of development in Iran - Tehran Times - April 4th, 2021
- Aerospace Nanotechnology Market 2021-2027 Analysis by Industry Size, Share, Potential Growth, Demand and Forecast The Bisouv Network - The Bisouv... - April 4th, 2021
- University of Houston to install nanotech-coated air filters on campus to prevent COVID-19 spread - InnovationMap - March 31st, 2021
- Brain implant firm wins 12m with Manchester nanotech - The University of Manchester - March 31st, 2021
- Nanotech-enabled Aircraft Power Solutions Market to witness Huge Growth with Projected Airbus, NASA, Sila Nanotechnologies, Cella Energy The Bisouv... - March 31st, 2021
- Global Nanotech-enabled Aircraft Power Solutions Market Insights 2021 Industry Overview, Competitive Players & Forecast 2027| Airbus, NASA, Sila... - March 31st, 2021
- Lithium Chile And Summit Nanotech Announce Signing of Definitive Agreement for Their Joint Pilot Project in Chile - Junior Mining Network - March 9th, 2021
- Glass Coatings Market will touch a new level in upcoming year with Top Key players like Arkema, Covestro, Opticote, NanoTech Coatings, CCM GmbH, PPG... - March 9th, 2021
- Healthcare Industry: Global Dip-pen Nanolithography Market 2020 Analysis By Regional, Outlook, Competitive Landscape Strategies And Forecast 2027... - March 9th, 2021
- Conductive Inks Market Assessment and Key Insights Analyzed till 2026| Keyplayers : DuPont., Sun Chemical Corp, PPG Industries, Henkel AG, and Applied... - February 22nd, 2021
- Global Carbon Nanotube (CNT) Masterbatches Market by Trends, Dynamic Innovation in Technology and Key Players| Unidym, Nanocyl, Cnano, canatu,... - February 8th, 2021
- Nanotech Announces Brand Protection Win from Canadian Vita - GlobeNewswire - February 6th, 2021
- Nanotech Powered Mass Testing Now the Key to Unlocking COVID-19 Lockdowns - PRNewswire - February 6th, 2021
- World Cancer Day: From Immunotherapy, vaccines to nanotech, new treatments that show promise against disease - Firstpost - February 6th, 2021
- Latest water purification technologies - top five - Water Technology - February 6th, 2021
- Indias world No. 3 in nanotech research, but... - Gadgets Now - January 17th, 2021
- NS Nanotech Teams Up with Kryptolights to Offer Far-UVC Sterilization for a Host of Consumer and Commercial Applications - PR Web - January 9th, 2021
- Aerospace Nanotechnology Market Global Industry COVID 19 Analysis, Growth Trends and Forecast 2020-2026: Glonatech, Flight Shield, Lockheed Martin,... - January 9th, 2021
- Aerospace Nanotechnology Market COVID 19 Increse Factors Outlook, Key Growth Trends on Ke Players and Forecast to 2026: Airbus, Glonatech, Flight... - January 9th, 2021
- 7 Nanotech Stocks To Buy With Huge Returns in Store - Investorplace.com - January 3rd, 2021
- NS Nanotech and UV Ray Lights Partner to Bring New UV Tech to Conferences and Corporate Events - PR Web - January 3rd, 2021
- INVESTIGATION ALERT: The Schall Law Firm Announces It Is Investigating Claims Against Sona Nanotech Inc. and Encourages Investors with Losses of... - November 29th, 2020
- Sona Nanotech Withdraws Health Canada Application For COVID-19 Test Due To Feedback From Regulator - The Deep Dive - November 29th, 2020
- Hull firm's nanotech solution aims to stop Covid spread in its tracks - Business Live - November 29th, 2020
- How Top Nanotechnology companies are contributing to fight against Covid-19 in India - APN News - November 29th, 2020
- In-Depth Research on Aerospace Nanotechnology Market (impact of COVID-19) with Top Players: Airbus , Glonatech , Flight Shield , Lockheed Martin, and... - November 29th, 2020
- CNTs Conductive Paste Market 2020: Potential Growth, Challenges, and Know the Companies List Could Potentially Benefit or Loose out From the Impact of... - November 29th, 2020
- Comprehensive Report on Protective Implant Coating Market 2020 | Size, Growth, Demand, Opportunities & Forecast To 2026 | Nanogate, Nanomech,... - November 29th, 2020
- Dynamic tattoos promise to warn wearers of health threats - yoursun.com - October 2nd, 2020
- A new nanotech wireless mobile phone charger is expected to enter Malaysia market by mid-2021 - TechNave - October 2nd, 2020
- Impact of COVID-19 on Aluminum Conductors Market 2025 Expected to reach Highest CAGR including major key players Bio-Gate, Cima NanoTech, Inframat,... - October 2nd, 2020
- The Future Of The Face Mask - Bluetooth, In-built Cooling, Nanotech Filters In The Mask As People Are Learning To Live With Covid-19 - Inventiva - July 21st, 2020
- Global Nanotechnology and Nanomaterials Market 2020 and estimated to grow in near Future, Growth, Supply Demand and Analysis by Types 2020-2027 - Cole... - July 21st, 2020
- Nanometals Market 2020 By Regional Trend and Growth Forecast To 2026| Reinste, Eprui Nanomaterials & Microspheres, Baikowski, ABC Nanotech, Amag... - July 21st, 2020
- Global Polyethylene Terephthalate Resins (PET Resins) Market 2020 Applications, SWOT Analysis, Remarkable Growth and Competitive Landscape by 2025 -... - July 21st, 2020
- Global Single-Walled Carbon Nanotubes Market Innovative Report Growth impact over the forecast year 2020 to 2027 - 3rd Watch News - July 21st, 2020
- Polyethylene Terephthalate Resins (PET Resins) Market Growth with Worldwide Industry Analysis to 2019-2025 - Cole of Duty - July 21st, 2020
- Nanotech injections successfully restore vision in blind rats - Digital Trends - July 15th, 2020
- These are 8 of the most fashionable face masks you can buy - from Nanotech to Reebok and Etsy - News Post Leader - July 15th, 2020
- Aircraft Nano Coating Market Report 2020: Acute Analysis of Global Demand and Supply 2025 with Major Key Player: AnCatt, Applied Thin Films,... - July 15th, 2020
- The evolution of how Marvel animated Iron Man - Business Insider Australia - July 15th, 2020
- Global Stretchable Conductive Material Market Report 2020 With Industry Positioning of Key Vendors : DuPont, 3M, Toyobo, Advanced Nano Products,... - April 14th, 2020
- Smoltek's subscription warrants TO 2 give the right to subscribe for shares with a 30 percent discount - marketscreener.com - April 14th, 2020
- Global Quantum Dots Market Research Report 2020-2025 - Breakdown by Healthcare, Optoelectronics, LED Lighting, Solar Modules, and Other End-use... - April 6th, 2020
- Metro Hits 52-week High on Campaign to Stop Hunger - Baystreet.ca - April 6th, 2020
- Nanotechnology Industry Insights & Outlook, 2020-2024 by Component, Application and Region - Yahoo Finance - March 4th, 2020
- Nanotech-enabled Aircraft Power Solutions Market upcoming business reports on size, shares, stocks and many more | forecasting report 2026 - New Day... - March 4th, 2020
- In the Information Economy, Value Is Decreasingly In The Numbers - Hellenic Shipping News Worldwide - January 26th, 2020
- Global Aerospace Nanotechnology Market 2020 : What are the key opportunities? - Weekly Wall - January 26th, 2020
- Stretchable Conductive Material Market will rise at the CAGR of 75.00% with Top Competitors DuPont & Co.,3M,Applied Nanotech ANP Corporation and... - January 18th, 2020
- Massive tender scam sucks in top officials - Zimbabwe Independent - December 18th, 2019
- Aluminum Heat Transfer Material Market Upcoming Challenges, Opportunities and Forecast from 2019-2025 | Alcoa, Granges, Applied Nanotech - The Connect... - November 30th, 2019
- Global Nanotechnology in Medical Devices Market Industry analysis and forecast (2018-2026) - BeetleVersion - November 30th, 2019
- Renowned researcher, UTRGV professor blazes trail from Monterrey to White House to TedXMcAllen - Monitor - November 9th, 2019
- The Nanotechnology World Association is Launched to Foster Worldwide Collaboration Within This Promising and High Growth Sector - PR Web - October 24th, 2019
- Can Nanotechnology Be Used to Improve Access to Clean Water? - AZoNano - October 20th, 2019
- Acrylic Surface Coating Market 2019: Phenomenal Growth - Bio-Gate AG, Cima NanoTech, Nanophase Technologies Corporation - The State News - BBState - October 20th, 2019
- Global Nanotechnology Market Future Outlook to 2025 Discussed in New Market Research Report - Markets Gazette - October 20th, 2019
- After years of setbacks, Uticas nanotech project gets $1 billion tenant - WSYR - September 27th, 2019
- Nanotech Security Retires $3.0 Million Note | Investing News Network - Investing News Network (registration) - August 25th, 2017
- Duke combines immunotherapy, tumor-roasting nanotech to vaccinate mice against cancer - Durham Herald Sun - August 25th, 2017
- Is Industrial Nanotech Inc (INTK)'s Triple EMA Building Momentum? - Evergreen Caller - August 25th, 2017
- Immunotherapy, Nanotech Combine to Kill Cancer Cells More ... - Genetic Engineering & Biotechnology News - August 20th, 2017
- Share Performance Update on Nanotech Security Corp (NTS.V) - Morgan Research - August 20th, 2017
- Global Nanotech-enabled Aircraft Power Solutions Market to Grow ... - Markets Insider - August 20th, 2017
- Global Nanotech-enabled Aircraft Power Solutions Market to Grow at a CAGR of 8.8% by 2021: Demand for ... - PR Newswire UK (press release) - August 18th, 2017
- RMI Signaling Increased Momentum For Nanotech Security Corp (NTSFF) - Lenox Ledger - August 18th, 2017
- Global Nanotech-enabled Aircraft Power Solutions Market to Grow at a CAGR of 8.8% by 2021: Key Vendors are ... - Business Wire (press release) - August 16th, 2017
- Focusing the Lens on Nanotech Security Corp (NTS.V) Shares: Technical Update - JCTY News - August 14th, 2017
- Nanotech-enabled Aircraft Power Solutions Market to grow at a ... - E News Access (press release) - August 13th, 2017
- Nanotech-enabled Aircraft Power Solutions Market - Trends and Forecasts by Technavio - Business Wire (press release) - August 11th, 2017
- Taking Aim at NanoTech Gaming Inc (NTGL) Shares - FLBC News - August 11th, 2017