Expedition 62 to the International Space Station (ISS) began on Feb. 6, 2020, with the departure of the Soyuz MS-13 spacecraft. The Expedition currently consists of three crewmembers: Cmdr. Oleg Skripochka of the Russian space agency Roscosmos, as well as two NASA astronauts, Jessica Meir and Andrew Morgan.
The ISS will be back up to its usual population of six crewmembers with the arrival of NASA astronaut Chris Cassidy and two Russian cosmonauts, Anatoli Ivanishin and Ivan Vagner. On April 16, Skripochka will hand over command of the ISS to Cassidy, marking the end of Expedition 62 and the start of Expedition 63.
See photos of the Expedition 62 crew in action and photos taken by the crew in space in this Space.com gallery.
Related: The International Space Station: inside and out (infographic)
The official Expedition 62 insignia includes the astronauts' names and an astronaut holding a star alongside another carrying a leaf.
This official crew portrait, taken April 17, 2019, shows (from left): Andrew Morgan of NASA, Oleg Skripochka of Roscosmos and Jessica Meir of NASA.
The three-member Expedition 62 crew Oleg Skripochka, Jessica Meir and Andrew Morgan pose together wearing their mission patch t-shirts at the International Space Station, on Feb. 7, 2020.
Below the International Space Station, California's San Francisco Bay, the Pacific Ocean and Washington State's Columbia River offer a spectacular view on Feb. 9, 2020.
Water floats in an undulating sphere as NASA's Expedition 62 flight engineer Jessica Meir looks on. This Feb. 9, 2020 photo displays the effects of microgravity on water.
NASA astronaut Jessica Meir participates in the Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency's (JAXA) Cerebral Autoregulation experiment aboard the International Space Station on Feb. 10, 2020. The study investigates how microgravity effects how the regulation of blood flow to the brain changes in microgravity. A goal of the study is "applications to future space travelers and patients back on Earth," according to Meir.
Sunlight hits the International Space Station's solar arrays with a golden shimmer in this image by Jessica Meir on Feb. 10, 2020.
The highest clouds in Earth's atmosphere noctilucent, or "night shining" clouds glow in this image taken from the ISS on Feb. 12, 2020. Noctilucent clouds occur only when the sun shines on clouds from below Earth's horizon.
NASA astronaut Jessica Meir represents her alma mater, Brown University, while gazing at Earth through the Cupola observatory aboard the International Space Station, on Feb. 13, 2020. When she tweeted this photo, Meir said she tried "to spot the Van Wickle gates from space!"
NASA astronauts Jessica Meir and Andrew Morgan "sit" on the shoulders of Russian cosmonaut Oleg Skripochka as they pose for another "zero-g" group photo on Feb. 14, 2020.
The last quarter moon looms behind the International Space Station's Canadarm2 robotic arm in this photo by NASA astronaut Jessica Meir. She and her Expedition 62 crewmate Andrew Morgan used Canadarm2 to grapple anarriving Cygnus cargo spacecrafton Feb. 18, 2020.
NASA astronauts Jessica Meir captured this vibrant view of Key West, Florida, from 266 miles (428 kilometers) above the Earth, on Feb. 17, 2020. "Many fond memories in idyllic #KeyWest #Florida, including @NASA_Astronauts flight training with landings @NASKeyWest," Meir tweeted.
In honor of Black History Month, Northrop Grumman named its 13th Cygnus cargo spacecraft after U.S. Air Force Maj. Robert H. Lawrence, Jr., the first African-American ever selected as an astronaut. The Cygnus NG-13 cargo spacecraft arrived at the International Space Station on Feb. 18, 2020, carrying more than 7,500 lbs. (3,400 kilograms) ofscience experiments, supplies and other vital gearfor the station's three-person Expedition 62 crew.
Northrup Grumman's Cygnus NG-13 arrives at the ISS on Feb. 18, 2020. The freighter, full of supplies for the space station, was named after a U.S. Air Force test pilot, Maj. Robert H. Lawrence, Jr., the first African American selected for a national space program.
The Expedition 62 astronaut crew is pictured inside a SpaceX Dragon resupply craft, on March 9, 2020. The crew is wearing portable breathing gear while entering to test the spaceship's atmosphere for particles and irritants that could have come loose while launching to space.
NASA astronaut Andrew Morgan tweeted this photo of an Irish flag floating in one of the windows of the Cupola observatory on St. Patrick's Day (March 17). Full story: Astronauts celebrate St. Patrick's Day 2020 with photos of Ireland from space
Follow us on Twitter @Spacedotcom and onFacebook.
- New crew will launch to the International Space Station in October - CNN - July 5th, 2020
- Astronauts are taking a spacewalk outside their space station today. Watch it live! - Space.com - July 5th, 2020
- Looked Like I Was Walking Into A Space Station: Thrill-Seekers In New Jersey Flock To Six Flags Great Adventures Reopening - CBS Philly - July 5th, 2020
- Op-ed | On the verge of a new era for space exploration? Assessing the impact of the ongoing crisis - SpaceNews - July 5th, 2020
- How will astronauts poop on the moon? New NASA challenge aims to flush this mystery - Space.com - July 5th, 2020
- Its like being on a space station: Aftab Shivdasani on shooting amid coronavirus pandemic - The Indian Express - July 5th, 2020
- Are we making spacecraft too autonomous? - MIT Technology Review - July 5th, 2020
- SpaceX Vs Blue Origin: Who Wins The Space Race - Analytics India Magazine - July 5th, 2020
- Pacific Northwest Bathed in Green and White - nasa.gov - July 5th, 2020
- Spuds and space: NASA and Idaho have a long history - East Idaho News - July 5th, 2020
- Balloon trips to the edge of space by 2021 - CNN - July 5th, 2020
- SpaceX is launching an advanced GPS satellite for the US Space Force today. Here's how to watch. - Space.com - July 5th, 2020
- Boeing shifts its team leaders for space station and Starliner space programs - GeekWire - June 20th, 2020
- The International Space Station is getting a new toilet this year - Space.com - June 20th, 2020
- Astronauts: Falcon 9 rocket was totally different ride than the space shuttle - WITI FOX 6 Milwaukee - June 20th, 2020
- Astronauts and NASA pay homage to Juneteenth - Space.com - June 20th, 2020
- Green glow seen in the atmosphere of Mars, similar to Earth's from space station - Firstpost - June 20th, 2020
- Astronaut and Maine Native Jessica Meir Talks About Experience in Space - NECN - June 20th, 2020
- They Want to Sell Balloon Rides 19 Miles Up. Havent We Heard This Before? - The New York Times - June 20th, 2020
- Students chat with the ISS from their homes - Brentsville District High - June 20th, 2020
- You Can Make Money in Space on Earth - DailyWealth - June 20th, 2020
- What is the 'zero gravity' that people experience in the vomit comet or space flight? - The Conversation US - June 20th, 2020
- Cosmic 'Lighthouses' to Help Space Travellers Find Ways to Moon, Mars - The Weather Channel - June 20th, 2020
- SpaceX is building a floating, superheavy-class spaceport in the Gulf of Mexico - Houston Chronicle - June 20th, 2020
- What Does it Mean to Be a Space Architect? - Universe Today - June 20th, 2020
- Whatever happened to reforming space traffic management? - Politico - June 20th, 2020
- Livestream: NASAs SpaceX Demo-2 launch to the International Space Station - Boston.com - May 27th, 2020
- In photos: The Expedition 63 mission to the International Space Station - Space.com - May 27th, 2020
- NASA chief "all in" for Tom Cruise to film on space station - Herald-Whig - May 27th, 2020
- Look up: International Space Station visible above Thunder Bay in coming weeks - CBC.ca - May 27th, 2020
- International Space Station visible over Devon and Cornwall tonight - Plymouth Live - May 27th, 2020
- Here's how to see the International Space Station passing over Bristol this weekend - Bristol Live - May 27th, 2020
- You can view the International Space Station from Vancouver tonight - Vancouver Is Awesome - May 27th, 2020
- The next SpaceX launch will be the company's first with people on board - CNBC - May 18th, 2020
- Timetable for spotting the International Space Station as it passes over the UK and nine-year-old Lottie from Newbury takes her first cosmic... - May 18th, 2020
- International Space Station visible in orbit over the UK until the beginning of June - Newbury Weekly News Group - May 18th, 2020
- Salad could be grown on Mars, scientists say - The Independent - May 18th, 2020
- How and when to see the International Space Station in the sky from where you live - Hillingdon Times - May 18th, 2020
- International Space Station tracker: how to see the ISS fly over Scotland in May - The Scotsman - May 18th, 2020
- MB&F and LEpe 1839's Latest Clock is a Horological Space Station - HYPEBEAST - May 18th, 2020
- space station | Definition, History, & Facts | Britannica - May 8th, 2020
- International Space Station - Wikipedia - May 8th, 2020
- Astronaut offers insights on coronavirus from space station - Community Impact Newspaper - May 8th, 2020
- Tom Cruise Working With NASA To Film Aboard The International Space Station - WLEN-FM - May 8th, 2020
- Digital Space Solution Market to Witness Astonishing Growth With The SpaceStation, SpaceDigital, Mediaspace Solutions, Sajha Media Space, Nine... - May 8th, 2020
- Astronaut Christina Koch on making space history and how to survive isolation - The Verge - May 8th, 2020
- China plans to have space station by 2022 - The Canberra Times - May 6th, 2020
- How long will the 1st astronauts to ride SpaceX's Crew Dragon be in space? No one knows exactly (yet). - Space.com - May 6th, 2020
- China to debut new version of powerful Long March 5 rocket this week - Spaceflight Now - May 4th, 2020
- SpaceX Moon Contract Could Be Worth $7 Billion -- Or Nothing - The Motley Fool - May 4th, 2020
- An astronaut spotted SpaceX's Starlink internet satellites from the International Space Station - CNBC - April 21st, 2020
- Astronauts Return to Earth From International Space Station - EcoWatch - April 21st, 2020
- NASA to launch astronauts to space station from US soil for the first time in a decade - WESTERNMASSNEWS.com - April 21st, 2020
- NASA astronaut, UCSD grad to return to earth from space station - - KUSI - April 21st, 2020
- Amazing shots of International Space Station over Swindon (and here's when you can see it next) - Swindon Advertiser - April 21st, 2020
- UFO Spotted On NASA Live Stream Video Outside The International Space Station Is Absolutely Real - BroBible - April 21st, 2020
- Three amember Space Station Crew Return to Earth - En Tempo.co - April 21st, 2020
- How engineers are operating space missions from their homes - The Verge - April 21st, 2020
- Soyuz launches new crew to the International Space Station - SpaceNews - April 9th, 2020
- Boeing intends to reattempt Starliner test flight to space station - CBS News - April 9th, 2020
- Great stargazing night ahead, when to see the International Space Station pass over Michigan - MLive.com - April 9th, 2020
- How to see the International Space Station in the Colorado Springs area on Tuesday and Wednesday - Colorado Springs Gazette - April 9th, 2020
- China's new crew spacecraft looks like it could dock with the International Space Station - Space.com - March 31st, 2020
- Five MIT payloads deployed on the International Space Station - Space Daily - March 31st, 2020
- NASA tasks SpaceX with sending cargo and supplies to future lunar space station - The Verge - March 31st, 2020
- 'I'm in awe': NASA astronaut salutes coronavirus-fighting doctors and nurses from orbit - Space.com - March 31st, 2020
- All traditions are scrapped: Keeping coronavirus off the ISS - Digital Trends - March 31st, 2020
- When you can see the International Space Station flying in the night sky over Somerset this weekend - Somerset Live - March 31st, 2020
- Watch this space, coronavirus weather & penguin-spotting - EURACTIV - March 31st, 2020
- Space holiday, anyone? Space X to send tourists to International Space Station - The Star Online - March 31st, 2020
- US launches advanced satellite in 1st Space Force national security mission - Space.com - March 31st, 2020
- Sunlit Peaks in the Himalayas - NASA - March 31st, 2020
- Need More Space At Home? Try These Astronomy Livestreams - Forbes - March 31st, 2020
- Astronaut tips to survive lockdown: talk, teamwork, treats - Reuters - March 31st, 2020
- G2 Esports defeats Spacestation Gaming to win RLCS NA Regionals - Daily Esports - March 31st, 2020
- While we were stockpiling, here's what astronauts were up to in space last week - CNN - March 26th, 2020
- When you can see the International Space Station flying over Greater Manchester over the next week - Manchester Evening News - March 26th, 2020
- How to see the International Space Station over Nottingham tonight - West Bridgford Wire - March 26th, 2020
- Welcome to the future: 11 ideas that went from science fiction to reality - Space.com - March 26th, 2020
- The Coronavirus Is Starting To Have A Serious Impact On The Space Industry - Forbes - March 26th, 2020