August 20, 2017
The remnants of former Tropical Storm Harvey will continue to track westwardthrough the Caribbean Sea and possibly into the Bay of Campeche where a regeneration of the system could occur this week.
Hostile winds aloft shredded Harvey apart on Saturday, and the National Hurricane Center issued its final advisory.
(MORE: Hurricane Central)
What is left of Harveyis a cluster ofshower and thunderstorm activity to the south of Jamaica, which became more concentrated Sunday afternoon.
However, ahurricane hunter aircraft investigated the remnants of Harvey Sunday afternoon and found that the system hadn'tregenerated into a tropical depression or tropical storm because it lackeda well-defined center of circulation, and there was also no indication of tropical-storm-force winds.
Through Monday, Harvey is forecast to enter the western Caribbean where conditions could be somewhat conducive for the gradual reorganization of the system as it moves west-northwestward.
Heavy rain from this system could cause flooding in Central America and the Yucatan Peninsula by Monday or Tuesday regardless of whether Harvey can reform prior to reaching those land areas.
By the middle portion of this week, Harvey's remnants may move into the Bay of Campeche (southwest Gulf of Mexico) where they will have to be monitored closely. Some forecast guidance suggests Harvey could reform over this region even if it doesn't get its act together prior to reaching Central America and the Yucatan.
Residents and visitors in eastern Mexico and south Texas should continue to follow the progress of Harvey's remnants, as uncertainty remains with forecast details.
Invest 92L continues tofesterto the north of the Lesser Antilles.
Wind shear has chipped away at 92L's structure and overall development chances. Hostile wind sheartypically rips apart tropical disturbances and weaker tropical cyclones.
We will continue to monitor the progress of Invest 92L as it moves west-northwestward during the next several days in the general direction of the Bahamas, but overall, development chances are low.
This system will enhance rainfall chances in the Bahamas, as well as much ofFlorida, early this week.
It may eventually interact with a cold front near Florida by later this week, and that's when we'll keep a close eye on it for any potential increase in organization.
Finally,a tropical wave in the central Atlantic Ocean is not expected todevelop, but we will watch it over the next several days. Its future trackis expected to be northwestward into the open Atlantic Ocean.
We are in the climatological peak of the hurricane season, so each tropical wave or area of low pressure in the Atlantic Basin must be watched closely for development.
(MORE: Where Every U.S. Landfalling Hurricane Began Its Journey)
Now is a good time to make sure you have a plan in case of a hurricane strike. The Federal Alliance for Safe Homes has an excellent website to help you make your plan.
Check back with weather.com for updates in the days ahead on these latest systems and the rest of hurricane season.
(MORE: NOAA Predicts Active Rest of the Hurricane Season)
The Weather Companys primary journalistic mission is to report on breaking weather news, the environment and the importance of science to our lives. This story does not necessarily represent the position of our parent company, IBM.
See the rest here:
- A Guide to the Caribbean Islands Reopening this Summer - Cond Nast Traveler - June 22nd, 2020
- Elite Island Resorts Readying to Reopen in Caribbean Paradise - TravelPulse - June 22nd, 2020
- 8 Caribbean Islands That Are Reopening to US Travelers This Summerand Where to Stay When You Get There - Robb Report - June 22nd, 2020
- DIY Pirates of the Caribbean Skeleton Fountain - Inside the Magic - June 22nd, 2020
- Traveling to the US Virgin Islands, Explained Caribbean Journal - Caribbean Journal - June 22nd, 2020
- Enphase Energy and ProSolar Restore Solar Power at Bluebeard's Castle Resort in the Caribbean - GlobeNewswire - June 22nd, 2020
- Ritz-Carlton Reserve Reopening in Puerto Rico Caribbean Journal - Caribbean Journal - June 22nd, 2020
- Virgin Atlantic to fly to Miami, Johannesburg and the Caribbean from August - Evening Standard - June 22nd, 2020
- Latin America and Caribbean exceed 2m cases as it happened - The Guardian - June 22nd, 2020
- Caribbean business leaders worried about second wave of COVID-19 - Jamaica Gleaner - June 22nd, 2020
- Why Carnival, Royal Caribbean, and Norwegian Cruise Stocks Just Got Torpedoed and Are Going Down - Motley Fool - June 22nd, 2020
- Saharan Dust Could Spread to Caribbean, Gulf of Mexico and US Into Next Week - The Weather Channel - June 17th, 2020
- When Are Popular Vacation Spots in the Caribbean and Mexico Reopening? - InsideHook - June 17th, 2020
- Pack a mask with your swimsuit the Caribbeans reopening - Boston Herald - June 17th, 2020
- Latin America & the Caribbean countries need to spend more and better on health to be better able to face a major health emergency like COVID-19... - June 17th, 2020
- Food systems and COVID-19 in Latin America and the Caribbean: The opportunity for digital transformation (Bulletin 8) - Guatemala - ReliefWeb - June 17th, 2020
- St Barth to Reopen for Tourism on June 22 Caribbean Journal - Caribbean Journal - June 17th, 2020
- Reopening Tourism Tracker Launched for the Caribbean | Business - The Weekly Journal - June 17th, 2020
- The Caribbean, Uniquely Vulnerable to COVID-19, May Take Years to Recover - World Politics Review - June 17th, 2020
- Jamaican Appointed as New IFC Regional Manager for the Caribbean - caribbeannationalweekly.com - June 17th, 2020
- Caribbean Hotel and Tourism Association Introduces Reopening Tracker - TravelPulse - June 17th, 2020
- Karisma Hotels to Reopen in Mexico and Caribbean - RusTourismNews - June 17th, 2020
- Haitians join with Caribbean community to demand justice - Haitian Times - June 17th, 2020
- Why Carnival Corporation, Norwegian Cruise, and Royal Caribbean Stocks All Popped Today - The Motley Fool - June 17th, 2020
- DaniLeigh and Fivio Foreign head to the Caribbean for Dominican Mami visual - REVOLT TV - June 17th, 2020
- Latin America and Caribbean Market for Hosted IP Telephony and UCaaS: Increased Remote Working Due to COVID-19 Opens Up Interesting Opportunities for... - June 17th, 2020
- Pirates of the Caribbean 6 release date, cast, plot and trailer - Looper - June 17th, 2020
- When Can We Return To The Caribbean? - Forbes - May 19th, 2020
- Outlook into the Latin America and the Caribbean Furniture Market to 2021 - ResearchAndMarkets.com - Business Wire - May 19th, 2020
- Latin America & The Caribbean - Weekly Situation Update (11-17 May 2020) As of 18 May 2020 - World - ReliefWeb - May 19th, 2020
- Joint statement by the heads of the Organisation of African, Caribbean and Pacific States, the Caribbean Community, and the Pacific Islands Forum... - May 19th, 2020
- Esri and IDB Offer Solution to Combat COVID-19 in Latin America and the Caribbean - Geospatial World - May 19th, 2020
- 4 Incredible Experiences to Have in the Caribbean - Femina - May 19th, 2020
- IDB, Esri offer solutions to combat COVID-19 in the Caribbean - Jamaica Observer - May 19th, 2020
- UK Armed Forces step up support to the Caribbean Overseas Territories during coronavirus pandemic - GOV.UK - May 19th, 2020
- Over 1,000 Jamaicans on Royal Caribbean cleared to disembark - Stabroek News - May 19th, 2020
- US Deportations Are Exporting COVID-19 to Latin America and the Caribbean - Truthout - May 19th, 2020
- Royal Caribbean Can Make It Through to 2021, but Whats Next? - Yahoo Finance - May 19th, 2020
- Ambassador Edmunds recent comments on Caribbean tourism in recent Latin America Advisor publication of the Inter-American Dialogue - The Voice St.... - May 19th, 2020
- Good news for visitors to the Caribbean as St Lucia looks to open borders from June 4 - The Voice Online - May 19th, 2020
- Five Caribbean countries among 100 to get World Bank aid - Nation News - May 19th, 2020
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean 6' producer breaks silence over Johnny Depp's future - Micky News - May 19th, 2020
- Popular Caribbean joint in Toronto is now doing roti meal kits for takeout and delivery - blogTO - May 19th, 2020
- 5 Caribbean Islands Where You Can Go Beyond the Beach - The New York Times - March 5th, 2020
- Caribbean tourism threatened by the region's first cases of COVID-19 - Global Voices - March 5th, 2020
- Is This The Next Big Vacation Spot In The Caribbean? - Forbes - March 5th, 2020
- Cruises and the Coronavirus: What Passengers Need to Know - The New York Times - March 5th, 2020
- Why Shares of Royal Caribbean Were Down in February - Motley Fool - March 5th, 2020
- When is Wild Cuba: A Caribbean Journey on TV? - BBC Discover Wildlife - March 5th, 2020
- Cook Like the Chefs on Taste the Islands with New Caribbean Cookbook - Island Origins - March 5th, 2020
- Flycana: Dominican start-up LCC working to be viable in the Caribbean - CAPA - Centre for Aviation - March 5th, 2020
- Caribbean-style roti shop, On the Double, coming this spring to Union Market. - PoPville - March 5th, 2020
- "The new authentic Caribbean street food eatery and Rhum bar will serve many of the menu items from its acclaimed sister restaurant, Cane Rhum... - March 5th, 2020
- Pirates Of The Caribbean 5: Why Keith Richards Was Replaced By Paul McCartney - Screen Rant - March 5th, 2020
- Royal Caribbean Is Starting To Look Attractive - Seeking Alpha - March 5th, 2020
- Johnny Depp Never Actually Lost His Pirates Of The Caribbean Role - ScreenGeek - March 5th, 2020
- From the Newsroom: Cruising along in the Caribbean - The Columbian - February 29th, 2020
- The Invention of the "Healthy" Caribbean - JSTOR Daily - February 29th, 2020
- The 4 best Caribbean spots in Baltimore - Hoodline - February 29th, 2020
- Import Substitution: Local Fruits And Veggies Can Feed Caribbean Economies - Forbes - February 29th, 2020
- Kamau Brathwaite and the Voice of the Caribbean - The New York Review of Books - February 29th, 2020
- St Maarten Is the Caribbean's Fastest-Growing Destination Right Now - Caribbean Journal - February 29th, 2020
- Faces & Places: Jews of the Caribbean Detroit Jewish News - The Jewish News - February 29th, 2020
- What in the world are those things washing up on Floridas beaches? - TCPalm - February 29th, 2020
- I spent a day on the most beautiful island in the Caribbean and never left my room. It was incredible. - Business Insider - February 29th, 2020
- Cooks from parts of Africa, the US, and the Caribbean share their heritage recipes - The Philadelphia Inquirer - February 29th, 2020
- Silver Airways applies to fly larger aircraft to Caribbean - Flightglobal - February 29th, 2020
- Dominican Republic: first in the Caribbean to use technology for maps of coastal marine habitats - Dominican Today - February 29th, 2020
- Top airports for private aviation in the Caribbean* - Travel Daily News International - February 29th, 2020
- Pirates Of The Caribbean: 10 Things Everyone Missed About Davy Jones - Screen Rant - February 29th, 2020
- More Work Needs to be Done to Develop Caribbean Sports Talent - caribbeannationalweekly.com - February 29th, 2020
- Why Shares of Carnival, Royal Caribbean, Delta, and Southwest Plummeted Today - Motley Fool - February 29th, 2020
- Why Carnival, Royal Caribbean, and Hertz Global Stocks All Dropped Today - Motley Fool - February 29th, 2020
- Grandfather of child who died on Royal Caribbean ship pleading guilty - Business Insider - Business Insider - February 29th, 2020
- Disney Reportedly Considering Bringing Johnny Depp Back For Pirates Of The Caribbean Reboot - We Got This Covered - February 29th, 2020
- Grandfather of 1-year-old who fell to her death from Royal Caribbean cruise ship to plead guilty - USA TODAY - February 29th, 2020
- Petition To Bring Johnny Depp Back To Pirates Of The Caribbean Almost At Its Goal - We Got This Covered - February 29th, 2020
- Caribbean & Mexico Vacation Packages - All Inclusive Resorts ... - January 27th, 2020
- From Pakistan to the Caribbean: Curry's journey around the world - CNN - January 27th, 2020
- Cat sails the waters of the Caribbean since she was a kitten - Metro.co.uk - January 27th, 2020