August 20, 2017
The remnants of former Tropical Storm Harvey will continue to track westwardthrough the Caribbean Sea and possibly into the Bay of Campeche where a regeneration of the system could occur this week.
Hostile winds aloft shredded Harvey apart on Saturday, and the National Hurricane Center issued its final advisory.
(MORE: Hurricane Central)
What is left of Harveyis a cluster ofshower and thunderstorm activity to the south of Jamaica, which became more concentrated Sunday afternoon.
However, ahurricane hunter aircraft investigated the remnants of Harvey Sunday afternoon and found that the system hadn'tregenerated into a tropical depression or tropical storm because it lackeda well-defined center of circulation, and there was also no indication of tropical-storm-force winds.
Through Monday, Harvey is forecast to enter the western Caribbean where conditions could be somewhat conducive for the gradual reorganization of the system as it moves west-northwestward.
Heavy rain from this system could cause flooding in Central America and the Yucatan Peninsula by Monday or Tuesday regardless of whether Harvey can reform prior to reaching those land areas.
By the middle portion of this week, Harvey's remnants may move into the Bay of Campeche (southwest Gulf of Mexico) where they will have to be monitored closely. Some forecast guidance suggests Harvey could reform over this region even if it doesn't get its act together prior to reaching Central America and the Yucatan.
Residents and visitors in eastern Mexico and south Texas should continue to follow the progress of Harvey's remnants, as uncertainty remains with forecast details.
Invest 92L continues tofesterto the north of the Lesser Antilles.
Wind shear has chipped away at 92L's structure and overall development chances. Hostile wind sheartypically rips apart tropical disturbances and weaker tropical cyclones.
We will continue to monitor the progress of Invest 92L as it moves west-northwestward during the next several days in the general direction of the Bahamas, but overall, development chances are low.
This system will enhance rainfall chances in the Bahamas, as well as much ofFlorida, early this week.
It may eventually interact with a cold front near Florida by later this week, and that's when we'll keep a close eye on it for any potential increase in organization.
Finally,a tropical wave in the central Atlantic Ocean is not expected todevelop, but we will watch it over the next several days. Its future trackis expected to be northwestward into the open Atlantic Ocean.
We are in the climatological peak of the hurricane season, so each tropical wave or area of low pressure in the Atlantic Basin must be watched closely for development.
(MORE: Where Every U.S. Landfalling Hurricane Began Its Journey)
Now is a good time to make sure you have a plan in case of a hurricane strike. The Federal Alliance for Safe Homes has an excellent website to help you make your plan.
Check back with weather.com for updates in the days ahead on these latest systems and the rest of hurricane season.
(MORE: NOAA Predicts Active Rest of the Hurricane Season)
The Weather Companys primary journalistic mission is to report on breaking weather news, the environment and the importance of science to our lives. This story does not necessarily represent the position of our parent company, IBM.
See the rest here:
- Caribbean & Mexico Vacation Packages - All Inclusive Resorts ... - January 27th, 2020
- From Pakistan to the Caribbean: Curry's journey around the world - CNN - January 27th, 2020
- Cat sails the waters of the Caribbean since she was a kitten - Metro.co.uk - January 27th, 2020
- Reimagining the Caribbean's identity - Dominican Today - January 27th, 2020
- Women Who Made Their Mark on Caribbean Music to Headline Best of The Best Music Fest - South Florida Caribbean News - January 27th, 2020
- 15 Luxurious All-Inclusive Resorts In The Caribbean (That Are Cheaper Than You Thought) - TheTravel - January 27th, 2020
- Buy Royal Caribbean Even Though Coronavirus Fears Are Slamming the Stock, Scott Black Says - Barron's - January 27th, 2020
- Family of toddler who fell to her death off a cruise ship says Royal Caribbean provided a 'false narrative' - Wink News - January 27th, 2020
- Harry Potter Star Reportedly Eyed To Lead Pirates Of The Caribbean Reboot - We Got This Covered - January 27th, 2020
- Sally's: The Team Behind Sally Roots Brings Asian-Influenced Caribbean Food to Bed-Stuy - BKLYNER - January 27th, 2020
- Zac Efron Rumored To Play Jack Sparrow In "Pirates of the Caribbean" Reboot - Inside the Magic - January 27th, 2020
- 15 Under-The-Radar Caribbean Destinations Better Than Turks And Caicos - TheTravel - January 27th, 2020
- PAHO Director urges Caribbean to Prepare for Early Detection of Coronavirus - caribbeannationalweekly.com - January 27th, 2020
- Religious keep momentum of Amazon synod alive in wider Latin American, Caribbean region - Global Sisters Report - January 20th, 2020
- Royal Caribbean: Grandfather 'reckless' in toddler death: report - Fox Business - January 20th, 2020
- Mottley warns of attempts to divide the Caribbean - Jamaica Gleaner - January 20th, 2020
- Mix up financing to better protect Caribbean, say experts - World - ReliefWeb - January 20th, 2020
- Pirates of the Caribbean: 10 Best Jack Sparrow Quotes - Screen Rant - January 20th, 2020
- St. Thomas named one of Caribbean's best fishing destinations - Virgin Islands Daily News - January 20th, 2020
- 10 unexpected foods to eat on the Caribbean island of Curacao - USA Today 10Best - January 18th, 2020
- Dominica Is the Fastest Growing Economy in Latin America and the Caribbean Region Thanks to Booming Tourism and Citizenship by Investment, UN ECLAC... - January 18th, 2020
- A busy year in the Caribbean: Elections - Global Americans - January 18th, 2020
- I spent a day on Richard Branson's private island in the Caribbean. It was as spectacular as you can imagine. - Business Insider - January 18th, 2020
- From Vision to Action: Latin American and Caribbean Cities Ready for a Paradigm Shift in Road Safety - TheCityFix - January 18th, 2020
- PHOTOS: Disney Reveals Sneak Peek at February's Pirates of the Caribbean Minnie Mouse: The Main Attraction Line - wdwnt.com - January 18th, 2020
- Caribbean Map / Map of the Caribbean - Maps and ... - January 15th, 2020
- New Thoughts on the Colonization of the Caribbean - Archaeology - January 15th, 2020
- Stony coral tissue loss disease is sweeping through Caribbean reefs. Can these students find the answers? - News@Northeastern - January 15th, 2020
- Study puts the 'Carib' in 'Caribbean,' boosting credibility of Columbus' cannibal claims - University of Florida - January 15th, 2020
- The Rhythm Lounge & Grill is offering live music and Caribbean-inspired food at Marketplace Maill - Winston-Salem Journal - January 15th, 2020
- Church Shares Caribbean Culture to Build Local Connections - WGLT News - January 15th, 2020
- The face of reparations - Caribbean Life - January 15th, 2020
- Warming Climate Causes Dengue Fever Outbreak in Caribbean Leading to Almost 1400 Deaths in the Last Year - One Green Planet - January 15th, 2020
- Curtain Bluff, an All-Inclusive Caribbean Classic, Is Better Than Ever - Caribbean Journal - January 15th, 2020
- Leonardo DiCaprio saves man who fell overboard in the Caribbean - Consequence of Sound - January 15th, 2020
- Leonardo DiCaprio helps save man who fell overboard in the Caribbean - CBS News - January 15th, 2020
- Hilton Is Opening a New Caribbean Resort in St Kitts - Caribbean Journal - January 15th, 2020
- Win trip to the Caribbean by getting fit at F45 Training Tysons - Patch.com - January 15th, 2020
- Reflecting on 2019 and Caribbean finance | Business - Jamaica Gleaner - January 15th, 2020
- Latin American and Caribbean economies to grow 1.8 percent in 2020 - Global Americans - January 15th, 2020
- Can Bees Add a Fresh Buzz to the Caribbean's $56 Billion Tourism Market? - OZY - December 13th, 2019
- Revealed: how the Caribbean became a haven for Jews fleeing Nazi tyranny - The Guardian - December 13th, 2019
- Curtain Bluff, Antigua: laid-back luxury in the Caribbean - The Week UK - December 13th, 2019
- Spices of the Winter Gala celebrates Caribbean culture - The Ticker - December 13th, 2019
- When the Caribbean Islands became home to hundreds of thousands of Jews escaping persecution - Face2Face Africa - December 13th, 2019
- Bella Hadid went braless under a sheer halter top during her trip to the Caribbean - Business Insider - December 13th, 2019
- At the Metropolitan Museum of Art, a Look at the Ancient Caribbean - Caribbean Journal - December 13th, 2019
- Canada's RBC to divest Eastern Caribbean operations - Verdict - December 13th, 2019
- Pirates Of The Caribbean: The 10 Most Terrifying Moments - Screen Rant - December 13th, 2019
- 20 Best Caribbean Islands to Visit Today - The Trend Spotter - November 17th, 2019
- Internationalisation of TTIs in the Caribbean - University World News - November 17th, 2019
- Caribbean Hispanics and Baseball: How to Connect In and Outside the U.S. - Portada-online.com - November 17th, 2019
- Joanna Lumley To Uncover The Hidden Caribbean In Her Latest Adventure For ITV - Deadline - November 17th, 2019
- UN spotlights 'explosive' obesity rates, hunger in Latin America and Caribbean - UN News - November 17th, 2019
- This Indian version of the Pirates of the Caribbean theme is too infectious for words - Classic FM - November 17th, 2019
- BVI Food Fete Offers a Tantalizing Taste of the Caribbean - TravelPulse - November 17th, 2019
- Viceroy to Open Caribbean Overwater Bungalow Resort in 2021 - Caribbean Journal - November 17th, 2019
- The Best Destinations in the Caribbean - TravelersToday - November 17th, 2019
- Panorama of Food and Nutritional Security in Latin America and the Caribbean - World - ReliefWeb - November 17th, 2019
- Carnival Fascination to Sail New Caribbean Itineraries - Cruise Hive - November 17th, 2019
- Latin America & the Caribbean: Weekly Situation Update (4-11 November 2019) As of 11 November 2019 - World - ReliefWeb - November 17th, 2019
- Montauk Meets The Caribbean: Navy Beach Opens In St.Thomas And St. Maarten - Forbes - October 20th, 2019
- Study explores why Caribbean adults have higher hypertension rates - Yale News - October 20th, 2019
- The Caribbean Shows the Way to a Renewable Future - Greentech Media News - October 20th, 2019
- Two Universities Sign Historic Agreement on Slavery Reparations in the Caribbean - The Good Men Project - October 20th, 2019
- This Top Caribbean Eco-Resort Is Returning in 2020 - Caribbean Journal - October 20th, 2019
- Royal Caribbeans Adventure of the Seas requests help from Coast Guard off Jersey Shore - USA TODAY - October 20th, 2019
- Best Snorkeling and Scuba Destinations in the Caribbean - Fodor's Travel - October 20th, 2019
- Karen Gillan Being Eyed To Lead Pirates Of The Caribbean Reboot - We Got This Covered - October 20th, 2019
- 'Dancing With the Stars': James Van Der Beek's Kids Adorably Recreate His 'Pirates of the Caribbean' Routine - PopCulture.com - October 20th, 2019
- The Caribbean, India's Golden Triangle, safari in southern Africa and other holiday favourites - The Times - October 20th, 2019
- Tropical Storm Nestor: Will swirling vortex reach the Caribbean? - Express.co.uk - October 20th, 2019
- Tiny Caribbean Island is the Only Place with Cist Graves in the Americas - Ancient Origins - October 20th, 2019
- Royal Caribbean Stock Will Outperform, Analyst Says - Barron's - October 20th, 2019
- The best beach islands are in the Caribbean - Cleveland Jewish News - August 25th, 2017
- Caribbean jerk chicken and a savory side - Auburn Journal - August 25th, 2017
- Walk in the Footsteps of Alexander Hamilton on This Tiny Caribbean Island - Smithsonian - August 25th, 2017
- A Taste Of The Caribbean In Philadelphia - CBS Philly - August 20th, 2017
- African slaves were both medical guinea pigs and scientists on ... - Quartz - August 20th, 2017
- Tropical cyclone expected Thursday from wave nearing Caribbean - Miami Herald - August 20th, 2017