August 20, 2017
The remnants of former Tropical Storm Harvey will continue to track westwardthrough the Caribbean Sea and possibly into the Bay of Campeche where a regeneration of the system could occur this week.
Hostile winds aloft shredded Harvey apart on Saturday, and the National Hurricane Center issued its final advisory.
(MORE: Hurricane Central)
What is left of Harveyis a cluster ofshower and thunderstorm activity to the south of Jamaica, which became more concentrated Sunday afternoon.
However, ahurricane hunter aircraft investigated the remnants of Harvey Sunday afternoon and found that the system hadn'tregenerated into a tropical depression or tropical storm because it lackeda well-defined center of circulation, and there was also no indication of tropical-storm-force winds.
Through Monday, Harvey is forecast to enter the western Caribbean where conditions could be somewhat conducive for the gradual reorganization of the system as it moves west-northwestward.
Heavy rain from this system could cause flooding in Central America and the Yucatan Peninsula by Monday or Tuesday regardless of whether Harvey can reform prior to reaching those land areas.
By the middle portion of this week, Harvey's remnants may move into the Bay of Campeche (southwest Gulf of Mexico) where they will have to be monitored closely. Some forecast guidance suggests Harvey could reform over this region even if it doesn't get its act together prior to reaching Central America and the Yucatan.
Residents and visitors in eastern Mexico and south Texas should continue to follow the progress of Harvey's remnants, as uncertainty remains with forecast details.
Invest 92L continues tofesterto the north of the Lesser Antilles.
Wind shear has chipped away at 92L's structure and overall development chances. Hostile wind sheartypically rips apart tropical disturbances and weaker tropical cyclones.
We will continue to monitor the progress of Invest 92L as it moves west-northwestward during the next several days in the general direction of the Bahamas, but overall, development chances are low.
This system will enhance rainfall chances in the Bahamas, as well as much ofFlorida, early this week.
It may eventually interact with a cold front near Florida by later this week, and that's when we'll keep a close eye on it for any potential increase in organization.
Finally,a tropical wave in the central Atlantic Ocean is not expected todevelop, but we will watch it over the next several days. Its future trackis expected to be northwestward into the open Atlantic Ocean.
We are in the climatological peak of the hurricane season, so each tropical wave or area of low pressure in the Atlantic Basin must be watched closely for development.
(MORE: Where Every U.S. Landfalling Hurricane Began Its Journey)
Now is a good time to make sure you have a plan in case of a hurricane strike. The Federal Alliance for Safe Homes has an excellent website to help you make your plan.
Check back with weather.com for updates in the days ahead on these latest systems and the rest of hurricane season.
(MORE: NOAA Predicts Active Rest of the Hurricane Season)
The Weather Companys primary journalistic mission is to report on breaking weather news, the environment and the importance of science to our lives. This story does not necessarily represent the position of our parent company, IBM.
See the rest here:
- The best beach islands are in the Caribbean - Cleveland Jewish News - August 25th, 2017
- Caribbean jerk chicken and a savory side - Auburn Journal - August 25th, 2017
- Walk in the Footsteps of Alexander Hamilton on This Tiny Caribbean Island - Smithsonian - August 25th, 2017
- A Taste Of The Caribbean In Philadelphia - CBS Philly - August 20th, 2017
- African slaves were both medical guinea pigs and scientists on ... - Quartz - August 20th, 2017
- Tropical cyclone expected Thursday from wave nearing Caribbean - Miami Herald - August 20th, 2017
- Caribbean Premier League 2017: 5 players who performed well during Week Two - Yahoo Cricket - August 20th, 2017
- Royal Caribbean Post Round-Up: August 20, 2017 - Royal Caribbean Blog (blog) - August 20th, 2017
- Tropical Storm Harvey forms east of the Caribbean, forecasters say - Sun Sentinel - August 18th, 2017
- Hero Caribbean Premier League brings top-tier cricket to Lauderhill - Sun Sentinel - August 18th, 2017
- Bonnie Tyler to sing 'Total Eclipse of the Heart' on Royal Caribbean cruise during total solar eclipse - Fox News - August 18th, 2017
- Royal Caribbean CEO: College taught me the right way to protest - CNBC - August 18th, 2017
- Royal Caribbean ramping up China efforts with new super-ship - Asia Times - August 18th, 2017
- Triple tropical threat looms in the Atlantic, Caribbean - AccuWeather.com - August 16th, 2017
- Royal Caribbean reveals name of newest cruise ship for China and celebrates steel cutting ceremony - Royal Caribbean Blog (blog) - August 16th, 2017
- 'Muslim Origins in the Caribbean' lectures to be held at university - Virgin Islands Daily News - August 16th, 2017
- Has rail a future in the Caribbean? - Virgin Islands Daily News - August 16th, 2017
- Royal Caribbean will feature Bonnie Tyler singing "Total Eclipse of the Heart" on Total Eclipse cruise - Royal Caribbean Blog (blog) - August 16th, 2017
- Spotted: Deluxe Beverage and Ultimate Dining Package combo - Royal Caribbean Blog (blog) - August 16th, 2017
- Deloitte Selects Miami Based Unified Technologies for Caribbean Cyber Security Alliance - IoT Evolution World (blog) - August 16th, 2017
- Is the business class taking over Caribbean politics? - Antigua Observer - August 14th, 2017
- Conversations about women's sexuality in carnival culture - Caribbean Life - August 14th, 2017
- Player feedback results in the return of PokerStars Caribbean Adventure - World Casino Directory - August 14th, 2017
- The District becomes Caribbean island paradise - Quad-Cities Online - August 13th, 2017
- Caribbean Filmmakers Stepping Up* - Trinidad & Tobago Express - August 13th, 2017
- AP PHOTOS: Editor selections from Latin America, Caribbean - New Jersey Herald - August 13th, 2017
- Aruba Hosts Caribbean's Largest Vow Renewal - Caribbean360.com (subscription) - August 13th, 2017
- Report shows amount Caribbean states paid firms to lobby the US - WIC News - August 13th, 2017
- Royal Caribbean offering instant savings and Oasis Class bonuses for weekend Sail Away Sale - Royal Caribbean Blog (blog) - August 13th, 2017
- Feasting Through the Western Caribbean on Carnival's Vista - The Daily Meal - August 10th, 2017
- Critically endangered staghorn corals are benefiting from coral gardening in the Caribbean - Mongabay.com - August 10th, 2017
- Seafood festival with Caribbean accent comes to town - Pittsburgh Post-Gazette - August 9th, 2017
- Air France adds Caribbean route from Atlanta - USA TODAY - August 9th, 2017
- Aruba Hosts Caribbean's Largest Vow Renewal - PR Newswire (press release) - August 9th, 2017
- Tropical systems to unleash torrential downpours in northern Caribbean - AccuWeather.com - August 9th, 2017
- Sak Pase! Rihanna's Thick New Bod Shuts Down Caribbean Carnival - Wetpaint - August 9th, 2017
- Orange Hosts Grand Caribbean Festival & Parade - TAPinto.net - August 9th, 2017
- Top things to do on a sea day on a Royal Caribbean cruise - Royal Caribbean Blog (blog) - August 9th, 2017
- State worker faked injuries, went kayaking in Caribbean, IG says ... - Albany Times Union - August 8th, 2017
- Liddick: Look to the Caribbean to see America's future (column) - Summit Daily News - August 8th, 2017
- Tropical Storm Franklin forms in western Caribbean, hurricane watches posted for Mexico - Washington Post - August 8th, 2017
- Royal Caribbean plans beach enhancements at private destination of Labadee - Royal Caribbean Blog (blog) - August 8th, 2017
- UPDATE: 2 potential systems brewing in Caribbean, Atlantic - MyPalmBeachPost (blog) - August 8th, 2017
- International fugitive who bilked $130K out of elderly people arrested in SC - The State - August 6th, 2017
- "Talking the Tropics With Mike": Tropical disturbance in Caribbean - Aug. 6th - ActionNewsJax.com - August 6th, 2017
- Puerto Rican island is a Caribbean paradise without the frills [column] - LancasterOnline - August 6th, 2017
- Royal Caribbean Post Round-Up: August 6, 2017 - Royal Caribbean Blog (blog) - August 6th, 2017
- COO Goldstein Sells Over $14000000 in Royal Caribbean Stock - Cruise Law News - August 6th, 2017
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Bring Their PDA to the Caribbean on Barbados Vacation - Entertainment Tonight - August 6th, 2017
- UPDATE: 2 potential systems brewing in Caribbean, Atlantic - Palm Beach Post (blog) - August 6th, 2017
- Royal Caribbean's Majesty of the Seas Adding Havana, Cuba As Port of Call In 2019 - SpaceCoastDaily.com - August 6th, 2017
- Spirits high despite rain at Toronto Caribbean Carnival Grande Parade - Toronto Star - August 6th, 2017
- "Talking the Tropics With Mike": Caribbean wave trying to organize ... - ActionNewsJax.com - August 6th, 2017
- Caribbean, East Atlantic may spawn tropical threats in coming days - AccuWeather.com - August 5th, 2017
- 2017 Caribbean Hoopfest Slated for August 16-21 in Montego Bay, Jamaica - SLAM Online - August 5th, 2017
- UN agencies say Caribbean fails to fully meet recommended standards for breastfeeding - Jamaica Observer - August 5th, 2017
- South Atlanta Caribbean Cultural Festival planned for Aug. 19 - News-Daily.com - August 5th, 2017
- Royal Caribbean tests Diamond drink redemption change - Royal Caribbean Blog (blog) - August 5th, 2017
- Caribbean, East Atlantic may spawn tropical threats in coming days - Fox News - August 4th, 2017
- Airbnb will let you rent your own off-the-grid Caribbean island - Inhabitat - August 4th, 2017
- The time for Caribbean flair is now - ESPN - August 4th, 2017
- Sunday Supper: Caribbean Salmon - Minneapolis Star Tribune - August 4th, 2017
- Would You Buy Donald Trump's $17 Million Caribbean Mansion? - Cosmopolitan.com - August 3rd, 2017
- Should it matter who pays for Caribbean development? - Virgin Islands Daily News - August 3rd, 2017
- Royal Caribbean: Just Say You Were Wrong, OK? - Barron's - August 3rd, 2017
- Donald Trump's Massive Caribbean Estate Isn't Selling, So He Just Dropped the Price by $11 Million (PICS) - Bravo (blog) - August 3rd, 2017
- Indie Spotlight: 'Scraps' Animates The Mischief Of A Caribbean Cat - Tubefilter - August 3rd, 2017
- Who Feeds the Farmer? Caribbean, Mexican, Southwest on Rebos' menu in Sioux City - Midwest Producer - August 3rd, 2017
- Hot Pot Caribbean Cuisine in Chandler Is the Neighborhood Joint You Wish You Had - Phoenix New Times - August 3rd, 2017
- President Trump's Caribbean Estate Just Got $11 Million Cheaper - Money Magazine - August 2nd, 2017
- Caribbean Queens again - Trinidad & Tobago Express - August 2nd, 2017
- Caribbean voice: How calypso went from plantation to politics - BBC ... - BBC News - August 2nd, 2017
- Flight deal of the week: UK to the Caribbean for 298 - The Independent - August 2nd, 2017
- ARIN Strengthens Commitment to the Caribbean - PR Newswire (press release) - August 2nd, 2017
- Royal Caribbean Cruises (RCL) Q2 2017 Results - Earnings Call Transcript - Seeking Alpha - August 1st, 2017
- Climate Adaptation Finance Update: Caribbean Resilience Receives Boost - IISD Reporting Services - August 1st, 2017
- Caribbean Crackdowns: A Really Bad Week For Democracy, Free Enterprise - WLRN - August 1st, 2017
- The Best Caribbean Islands for Foodies - Tasting Table - August 1st, 2017
- Royal Caribbean and Scana rise as Under Armour stumbles - Fox Business - August 1st, 2017
- Climate Change Brings Migration from the Dry Corridor to Nicaragua's Caribbean Coast - Inter Press Service - August 1st, 2017