A grandfather who's grown a business from nothing to 100 million has been sharing the secrets of his success - which has landed him a private jet.
And it is all thanks to bees.
Steve Ryan, 63, now jets around the world thanks to a business created on his kitchen table.
He is now a multi-millionaire after selling his business Bee Health, based in Bridlington, to INW in Dallas.
The grandad did not want to tell the Mirror how much he made from the deal but admitted how could afford an island in the Bahamas and a Falcon private jet.
He said: My bank manager said what is the first thing I'm going to buy. But I don't need anything. I've got everything. I've got six race horses.
But I will be on an island in Asia in December until February.
Steve started his bee product company in 1992 with his late wife Bea Ryan after being introduced to bees during his night shift working picking sprouts.
I started work there to lose some weight because I was 18 stone then, he said.
I loved the idea of 100,000 workers working for free. Honey bees are intriguing and phenomenal insects.
I got a council house when I was 25 and that's how we started the job. We got two twin tubs from an auction, one for spinning honey and one for spinning resin.
We opened a honey farm tourist attraction in Scarborough and bought a small factory to start producing products to sell in the shop.
When we first started it was crazy, we'd do the honey farm in the day, then at night I'd go out beekeeping to get more honey for the shelves for the next day. My wife would make scones to sell.
Then the supplement side really took off and sales went through the roof.
From being an uneducated person it's just sheer hard graft and taking a gamble.
The firm he sold supplies products to Holland & Barrett and are major stockists of vitamins.
Bee Health, has been ranked in the top 200 of Britains companies with the fastest-growing international sales.
Mr Ryan said he was able to do the deal because the Government allowed company executives to travel overseas to do business if it was in excess of 100 million.
Go here to read the rest:
- Use of The Bahamas' vast ocean resources Bahamas Development Bank looks at the potential and offers grants for training - EyeWitness News - May 14th, 2021
- Baha Mar Resorts in Bahamas offer free repatriation for Covid patients - ITIJ - May 14th, 2021
- Earn 100,000 with this dream job in the Bahamas - Euronews - May 14th, 2021
- Human Rights Bahamas hits out at Bannister, government over shanty town comments - Bahamas Tribune - May 14th, 2021
- Michael Strachan's wild journey: From The Bahamas to Division II to the Colts - The Athletic - May 14th, 2021
- When you can see historic steam locomotive Bahamas pass through Reading and Slough this summer - Berkshire Live - May 14th, 2021
- Johnson: Shantytown demolition is in best interest of The Bahamas - EyeWitness News - May 14th, 2021
- SOCIETY OF LAWS: DPM says Bahamas must take a stand against shantytowns if it doesn't want to be like Haiti - EyeWitness News - May 14th, 2021
- UN Experts Urge The Bahamas To Halt Plans To Demolish 600 Homes - Scoop.co.nz - May 14th, 2021
- ANY DAY NOW: Bahamas will continue to issue first and second doses while awaiting vaccine balance arrival - EyeWitness News - May 14th, 2021
- Bahamas locomotive in Surrey: When and where you can see the historic loco in 2021 - Surrey Live - May 14th, 2021
- CONFIDENCE: Wilchcombe says West GB and Bimini will make the right choice at the polls - EyeWitness News - May 14th, 2021
- REMOVE THEM: Rape allegations spur human rights group to demand ban on male officers at immigration safe house - EyeWitness News - May 14th, 2021
- Study: Living wage in New Providence is $2625 and $3550 in Grand Bahama - Bahamas Tribune - May 14th, 2021
- Absolute explosion of health visa applications; reports of returning Bahamians unable to receive health visas - EyeWitness News - May 14th, 2021
- Briland rebound beats projection 'by over 25-30%' - Bahamas Tribune - May 14th, 2021
- RBDF calls off search for boater missing for more than a week - EyeWitness News - May 14th, 2021
- RBDF's Entry 41 and Woman Entry 13 give back to community - EyeWitness News - May 14th, 2021
- What's New In The Bahamas In May - PRNewswire - May 7th, 2021
- The Bahamas Celebrates Travel Agents With Virtual Party In 'Da Backyard' - PRNewswire - May 7th, 2021
- From The Bahamas to Grenada, Caribbean Resorts for Remote Work - Caribbean Journal - May 7th, 2021
- A Bahamas family is offering a dream $120k caretaker job for their homes with insane perks - Republic TV - May 7th, 2021
- This Family Will Pay You Rs 1 Crore to Look After Their Estate in the Bahamas - News18 - May 7th, 2021
- THE SKIES ARE OURS: Bahamas assumes historical management of sovereign airspace - EyeWitness News - May 7th, 2021
- Rich family seeks couple to work as live-in cleaners in the Bahamas for 90,000 salary - The Independent - May 7th, 2021
- Millions allocated for Bahamas energy transformation Eye Witness News - EyeWitness News - May 7th, 2021
- With vaccinations on board, CBF disaster relief looks toward unfinished work in Bahamas - Baptist News Global - May 7th, 2021
- What's new in the Islands of The Bahamas in May - eTurboNews | Trends | Travel News - May 7th, 2021
- Eight migrants charged with attempting to illegally enter US from Bahamas - EyeWitness News - May 7th, 2021
- Family looking for couple to work on private island in the Bahamas - Metro.co.uk - May 7th, 2021
- Another fantasy island in The Bahamas hits the market, along with Exuma's getaway home - EyeWitness News - May 7th, 2021
- TAKE ACTION OR PAY: Public health measures must be followed and enforced or cases will continue to rise, health official warns - EyeWitness News - May 7th, 2021
- Carolyn Cooper | Yvonne Skeffrey a Jamaican at home in the Bahamas - Jamaica Gleaner - May 7th, 2021
- US to export 10 percent of vaccine supplies to other countries by July 4 - EyeWitness News - May 7th, 2021
- TEETERING: More cases in April than first three months of 2021 - EyeWitness News - May 7th, 2021
- WET WEATHER INCOMING: Another active hurricane season projected for 2021 - EyeWitness News - May 7th, 2021
- MORE AND MORE: Nearly 200000 registered to vote; more than 500 added in the last month - EyeWitness News - May 7th, 2021
- SUCCESS EXPECTED: Sandals has no doubt NP resort will reopen fully booked out after $37M renovation - EyeWitness News - May 7th, 2021
- PwC in the Caribbean and the PwC Charitable Foundation donate $100K to St Vincent volcano relief efforts - EyeWitness News - May 7th, 2021
- SLOW CLIMB: Govt revenue improves in third quarter but still down nearly 30 percent - EyeWitness News - May 7th, 2021
- The Bahamas Welcomes Visitors With Even More Ways To Travel This Summer - PRNewswire - April 23rd, 2021
- NFL stars converge on the Bahamas to soak up the sun - Page Six - April 23rd, 2021
- No Bahamas team for the World Relays - Bahamas Tribune - April 23rd, 2021
- TURBULENCE: Parts of Bahamas see tornados and waterspouts - EyeWitness News - April 23rd, 2021
- Bahamas Petroleum to reset and rebrand as Challenger Energy Group - Proactive Investors UK - April 23rd, 2021
- American Airlines announces service expansion to The Bahamas | New York Carib News - NYCaribNews - April 23rd, 2021
- GAINING MOMENTUM: MSC Cruises could be third major cruise line this year to start homeporting in The Bahamas - EyeWitness News - April 23rd, 2021
- The Bahamas International Travel Information - April 21st, 2021
- The Best Bahamas Vacation Packages 2021 - Tripadvisor - April 21st, 2021
- CDC Updates Bahamas Travel Advisory, What's the Impact on Cruises? - Cruise Hive - April 21st, 2021
- CDC Raises Warning, Advises Against Traveling to Bahamas - Cruise Radio - April 21st, 2021
- 'DON'T GO THERE': U.S. puts Bahamas back on top level alert as cases rise - Bahamas Tribune - April 21st, 2021
- Why vacationing in the Bahamas now is a dream come true - New York Post - April 21st, 2021
- The Island of Grand Bahama Is Heating Up Caribbean Journal - Caribbean Journal - April 21st, 2021
- Sandals Planning Renovation at Bahamas All-Inclusive Resort - Caribbean Journal - April 21st, 2021
- Man killed in plane crash off The Bahamas - Nation News - April 21st, 2021
- Sandals celebrates 25 year in the Bahamas with multi-million-dollar renovation - Travelweek - April 21st, 2021
- Bahamas to research mental wellbeing of seafarers ShipInsight - ShipInsight - April 21st, 2021
- Bryan and Sarah Baeumler on reopening their Bahamas resort after the pandemic halted all operations - Post City - April 21st, 2021
- From emergency to recovery: Delivering water, sanitation, and hygiene - Mercy Corps - April 21st, 2021
- IN JEOPARDY: BHTA president warns against apathy and COVID fatigue injuring tourism industry rebound - EyeWitness News - April 21st, 2021
- Son dead and father in hospital after Bimini crash - Bahamas Tribune - April 21st, 2021
- FACE TO FACE: Setting out the path to giving women a fairer deal - Bahamas Tribune - April 21st, 2021
- Bimini plane crash leaves son dead and father in hospital - EyeWitness News - April 21st, 2021
- Three men arrested and charged for illegal landing following viral video showing migrants living in bus - EyeWitness News - April 21st, 2021
- Vaccinations resume on Grand Bahama - Bahamas Tribune - April 21st, 2021
- FULLY RECOVERED: Commodore King says small function unlikely source of COVID exposure - EyeWitness News - April 21st, 2021
- Sology Solutions and Open Systems Technologies International (Bahamas) Limited Partner to Drive Technology Innovation and Create Jobs in the Bahamas -... - April 13th, 2021
- Royal Caribbean is working to get more flight options to the Bahamas - Royal Caribbean Blog - April 13th, 2021
- Disney in 75 percent fleet visit promise to The Bahamas - Bahamas Tribune - April 13th, 2021
- The Bahamas sends its condolences after the death of Prince Philip - Bahamas Tribune - April 13th, 2021
- RUM BUSINESS BOOST: Bahamas rum exports to benefit from over $110M in EU-supported trade development for the Caribbean - EyeWitness News - April 13th, 2021
- GOALPOST: Bahamas aiming to vaccinate 80 percent of population to achieve herd immunity against COVID - EyeWitness News - April 13th, 2021
- Central Bank of Bahamas shares updates on Sand dollar CBDC progress - The Paypers - April 13th, 2021
- Letters to the Editor: A dear friend of The Bahamas dies - EyeWitness News - April 13th, 2021
- ON THE BANDWAGON: More than 10K people in The Bahamas vaccinated against COVID so far - EyeWitness News - April 13th, 2021
- KILLINGS ON THE RISE: Murders up 56 percent in Q1 - EyeWitness News - April 13th, 2021
- NRA trial opens window on secretive leader's life and work - The Associated Press - April 13th, 2021
- Lewis opens Job Ready Programme in Grand Bahama - Bahamas Tribune - April 13th, 2021
- Brianne: 'Bahamas could win this 4 x 4, we could win' - Bahamas Tribune - April 13th, 2021