'Ghost in the Shell' and 'Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex' are both fan-favorite properties with massive followings and now a new installment to the saga is on the way. Netflix is all set to debut 'Ghost in the Shell: SAC_2045', a 3-D CGI animated original net anime sequel to 'Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex'.
The title is believed to be a reference to Ray Kurzweil's 'The Singularity Is Near: When Humans Transcend Biology', which predicts that human and machine intelligence would merge into a Singularity by the year 2045.
Heres everything you need to know about the project:
'Ghost in the Shell: SAC_2045' will be dropping on Netflix on April 23.
Picking up fifteen years after the beginning of 'Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex', the new series looks at a world where Artificial Intelligence is beginning to threaten humanity's continuation as a species. However, the public at large hasn't realized this threat yet. But when mysterious beings called "post-humans" begin to appear, the former members of Public Security Section 9, the protagonists of 'Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex', are called back into action to protect humanity from its impending doom.
Here's the official synopsis for the new ONA series: "In 2045, the world has been thrown into a state of systematic 'sustainable war', but the threat of human extinction at the hands of AI hasn't yet pervaded the public consciousness. Former members of Public Security Section 9, including full-body cyborg Major Motoko Kusanagi, are working as hired mercenaries when mysterious beings known as 'post-humans' begin to emerge. The worlds superpowers are trying to come to grips with the threat, and so Section 9 is reorganized."
Atsuko Tanaka has been the voice of Major Motoko Kusanagi in all anime adaptations of the 'Ghost in the Shell' manga except 'Ghost in the Shell: Arise'. The voice actor will be reprising her role as Major for the upcoming Netflix anime alongside other returning cast members Akio Ohtsuka as Batou, Kichi Yamadera as Togusa, Yutaka Nakano as Ishikawa, Toru Ohkawa as Saito, Takashi Onozuka as Paz, Tar Yamaguchi as Borma, and Sakiko Tamagawa as Tachikoma. Osamu Saka will also be returning from the 'Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex' anime as Daisuke Aramaki.
The music for the series is being composed by Nobuko Toda ('Sweetness & Lightning') and Kazuma Jinnouchi ('Busou Shinki: Moon Angel). Toda was also the composer for the 'Metal Gear Solid' series alongside Harry Gregson-Williams. The duo has previously collaborated on the 'Ultraman' anime, as well as the soundtracks for the 'Halo 4' and 'Halo 5' games.
The show's opening song is titled 'Fly With Me' and it is performed by Millennium Parade, a creative team led by King Gnu member Daiki Tsuneta. According to Anime News Network, other vocalists on the track include ermhoi, HIMI, Cota Mori, and Kento Nagatsuka (WONK)
Shinji Aramaki and Kenji Kamiyama
The project is being directed by Shinji Aramaki and Kenji Kamiyama for Sola Digital Arts and Production I.G. Kenji Kamiyama has previously worked on all the 'Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex' projects.
'Ghost in the Shell' is based on the highly successful manga series by Masamune Shirow. The character designs for 'Ghost in the Shell: SAC_2045' were completed by Russian illustrator Ilya Kuvshinov. According to Production I.G. USA president Maki Terashima-Furuta, the first 12-episode season will be directed by Kamiyama and the second by Aramaki.
The first teaser for the new series was released on October 22, 2019. The short clip showcases the photorealistic artwork of the show and introduces Major's new look as a mercenary.
The first proper trailer for the series was released on January 27 and it features the rest of Major's team. The clip also gives us our first look at a post-human, a being with massive physical and technological abilities which threatens humanity as a whole.
The series' final trailer was dropped on March 20 and it builds on the previous trailer by revealing that post-humans are a direct result of the "Sustainable Wars" that countries have been fighting with each other in the aftermath of the fall of global capitalism. The clip also reveals that the purpose of post-humans is to overthrow the existing social structure and bring about the age of post-humanity.
'Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex'
'Mobile Suit Gundam SEED'
'Neon Genesis Evangelion'
Read the original:
- Navy hopes new NGEN contract will lead to domain singularity - Federal News Network - May 24th, 2020
- Did My Hero Academia Just Reveal the Truth Behind the Singularity? - ComicBook.com - May 24th, 2020
- A New Bionic Eye Could Give Robots and the Blind 20/20 Vision - Singularity Hub - May 24th, 2020
- The US Government Just Invested Big in Small-Scale Nuclear Power - Singularity Hub - May 24th, 2020
- Astronomers have discovered a black hole in two steps from the Earth - The Times Hub - May 24th, 2020
- Rule of thumb on proper use of active verb - Daily Nation - May 24th, 2020
- Making It Work: Marketing consultancy crowdfunds to target overseas markets - Business Post - May 24th, 2020
- Rebellion, New OrderStyle: What Happened to It? - National Review - April 23rd, 2020
- Why Interest in Virtual Worlds for Online Collaboration Is Spiking - Singularity Hub - April 23rd, 2020
- Contact Tracing Is the Next Step in the Covid-19 BattleBut How Will It Work in Western Countries? - Singularity Hub - April 23rd, 2020
- College of the Siskiyous play about end of the world canceled by end of the world - Siskiyou Daily News - April 23rd, 2020
- How to Navigate the Coronavirus Crisis With Innovation at Warp Speed - Singularity Hub - April 23rd, 2020
- Reducing Global Supply Chain Reliance on China Won't Be Easy - BRINK - April 23rd, 2020
- 'Ghost in the Shell: SAC_2045' Preview: Will the new series step up to franchise standards or crash and burn - MEAWW - April 23rd, 2020
- EU Masters Spring 2020: The Top 5 Teams in the Main Event - Blog of Legends - April 23rd, 2020
- Remembering the Boston Marathon Bombing Victims and Survivors 7 Years Later - Newsweek - April 23rd, 2020
- Reaching the Singularity May be Humanity's Greatest and Last Accomplishment - Air & Space Magazine - March 31st, 2020
- Regenerative Business, Part 4: Singularity and Why It Matters - Sustainable Brands - March 31st, 2020
- How long have we got before humans are replaced by artificial intelligence? - Scroll.in - March 31st, 2020
- Do We Have to Give Up Our Personal Freedoms to Beat Coronavirus? - Singularity Hub - March 31st, 2020
- Devs Wants to Unsettle You with that Dj Vu Feeling - SF Weekly - March 31st, 2020
- To fight the coronavirus spread, give artificial intelligence a chance - Livemint - March 31st, 2020
- News Watch Jon Hopkins perform to no one at The Sydney Opera House - Stoney Roads - March 31st, 2020
- Crime thrillers and cannabis cooking competition among April streaming picks - CityNews - March 31st, 2020
- The Greatest Gamble of All Time - Thrive Global - March 31st, 2020
- Marching Toward the Singularity - kcstudio.org - March 15th, 2020
- Coronavirus: Seven Ways Collective Intelligence Is Tackling the Pandemic - Singularity Hub - March 15th, 2020
- This Week's Awesome Tech Stories From Around the Web (Through March 14) - Singularity Hub - March 15th, 2020
- Huge $161 Million Investment Means Meat Without the Animal Is Here - Singularity Hub - March 15th, 2020
- Here's what to do in Houston this week - KPRC Click2Houston - March 15th, 2020
- Kill It and Leave This Town: Film Review - Variety - March 15th, 2020
- PS4-exclusive Horizon Zero Dawn is coming to PC - The Tech Report - March 15th, 2020
- The Best Shows and Movies to Watch This Week: Westworld, The Plot Against America - TV Guide - March 15th, 2020
- 10 Forgotten First Person Shooters You Need To Play | Game Rant - GameRant - March 15th, 2020
- Ed Skrein: As actors, we dont have to put on a posh accent and toe the line - British GQ - March 15th, 2020
- Tesla Is Building Its First European Factory But It Has to Clear a Forest First - Singularity Hub - February 27th, 2020
- Rhythm and Rhyme - Oxford American - February 27th, 2020
- AI Just Discovered a New Antibiotic to Kill the World's Nastiest Bacteria - Singularity Hub - February 27th, 2020
- Review: 'Once Were Brothers: Robbie Robertson and the Band' - Los Angeles Times - February 27th, 2020
- T's Spring Women's Fashion Issue: The Test - The New York Times - February 27th, 2020
- Disagreeing with the fuzzy logic - Galway Advertiser - February 27th, 2020
- African Americans have been blocked from voting, but the Black vote is not a 'bloc' - Penn: Office of University Communications - February 27th, 2020
- A multiverse, not the metaverse - TechCrunch - February 27th, 2020
- Former Fund Manager from Haitong International Asset Management Joins Singularity Financial Executive Team - Yahoo Finance - January 29th, 2020
- Artificial Swarm Intelligence In The Context Of Singularity - Forbes - January 29th, 2020
- Why the Singularity may be the key to World Peace? - Thrive Global - January 29th, 2020
- One of a Kind: MONO and A.A. Williams Forge a Singularity on the - Invisible Oranges - January 29th, 2020
- Decoding the Brain Goes Global With the International Brain Initiative - Singularity Hub - January 29th, 2020
- Time travel discovery: THIS is how you could move back and forward in time in a black hole - Express.co.uk - January 29th, 2020
- The new industrial revolution will change everything - Fabius Maximus journal - January 29th, 2020
- This Marvelous Machine Splits Moon Dust Into Oxygen and Metal - Singularity Hub - January 29th, 2020
- A top Silicon Valley futurist on how AI, AR and VR will shape fashion's future - Vogue Business - January 29th, 2020
- Captain Marvel Might Be Leading Two Superhero Teams in Future MCU Films - Fatherly - January 29th, 2020
- Captain Marvel Faces the ONE Avenger Who Can Stop Her Rampage - CBR - Comic Book Resources - January 29th, 2020
- A-Force brought a feminist utopia to life only to reveal its flaws - SYFY WIRE - January 29th, 2020
- CAPTAIN MARVEL #14 Gives Us Answers But Then More Questions. - Monkeys Fighting Robots - January 29th, 2020
- XponentialWorks Partners With Singularity University to Sponsor the 2020 Abundance 360 Beverly Hills Summit - Business Wire - January 18th, 2020
- Singularity Acquire Danish Roster, Return to their Roots - Hotspawn - January 18th, 2020
- For Fluid Equations, a Steady Flow of Progress - Quanta Magazine - January 18th, 2020
- How Google's New Weather AI Will Make Sure You Never Get Caught in the Rain - Singularity Hub - January 18th, 2020
- The Weird, the Wacky, the Just Plain Cool: Best of CES 2020 - Singularity Hub - January 18th, 2020
- Six mystery objects are orbiting our galaxys black hole and scientists are baffled - The Sun - January 18th, 2020
- Lan To Capital Hosts "Shaping the Future" Forum & Gala Event in Davos, Switzerland - Yahoo News - January 18th, 2020
- Does A Time-Stopping Paradox Really Prevent Black Holes From Growing Over Time? - Science Times - January 18th, 2020
- If the Calendar Says January, Why Does the Thermometer Say May? - The New York Times - January 18th, 2020
- Reducing water and chemical use in food processing - Foodprocessing - January 18th, 2020
- If AI Suddenly Gains Consciousness, Some Say It Will Happen First In AI Self-Driving Cars - Forbes - January 18th, 2020
- The age of artificial humans is here - Livemint - January 18th, 2020
- EDM star Steve Aoki shows off his 'Neon Future' at The Ritz Ybor this Saturday - Creative Loafing Tampa - January 18th, 2020
- Why the 2010s were a "decade of duality" in marketing and advertising - and what needs to change - Econsultancy - January 18th, 2020
- The Top Biotech Trends We'll Be Watching in 2020 - Singularity Hub - January 10th, 2020
- All-Female League Of Legends Team Announced By Team Singularity - TheGamer - January 10th, 2020
- M-Pesas reminder: Share inspirational ideas, change the world - BizNews - January 10th, 2020
- Connected cars: How to improve connection to cybersecurity - We Live Security - January 10th, 2020
- Will AI take over? Quantum theory suggests otherwise - The Conversation UK - January 10th, 2020
- What Needs to Happen to Get to the Flying Car Future - Singularity Hub - January 10th, 2020
- This homophobe refuses to wash his genitals because he thinks touching his own penis is gay - PinkNews - January 10th, 2020
- These "Three Kings" hold the record of the Fastest MVs by Korean Soloists to reach 10M views on YouTube - allkpop - January 10th, 2020
- In 50 Years, The Universe Will Change And The Cosmos Will Be Stranger - Science Times - January 10th, 2020
- Black hole shock: THIS is where you will travel to if you fall into a black hole - Express.co.uk - January 10th, 2020