With confusion rising after GFRIEND leaving Source Music, its final today. Check out the translation of members letters here.
The news of GFRIEND ending their contract with their long time agency Source Music left the whole K-Pop community in shock. Everyone was left wondering why, and the others who werent, were left wondering about the future of the group. The agencys official statement on Weverse didnt specify any details of the group disbanding. However, it is now final that the top girl group, GFRIEND, will be disbanding on May 22, the day their contract ends.
Today, GFRIEND members took to Weverse to express gratitude to their BUDDYs (their fandom) with each member uploading a straight-out-of-heart handwritten letter. Among everyone, leader Sowon asked fans to not be sad because even though this is the end of GFRIEND, it is not the end for the members. The six members have parted ways and will focus on their own selves in the future. Read the members letters below:
"Hello, this is GFriend's Umji.
I shared many things that have been a part of my daily life for six years and I'm both thankful and sad. Now my members and I will go through a new time.
When I started off, I was filled with a lot of ignorance and lack of knowledge, but it was a time of learning that made me realize many things and also reminded me of so many other things. Thank you so much for clapping, cheering and being happy for me in this process of growth. At the beginning of our debut, I felt like I was working hard without knowing where I was heading or what I was doing. After I had some time to look back, I could feel how hard I worked that I was on a great path, so I was able to thank and enjoy all the time and even the hard situations I faced while working.
Thank you for being the biggest reason for my heart, our fans BUDDY who I love so so much! No matter how hard I try to greet you, it hurts me to think of BUDDY who will try to find their hearts to wish us happiness, and I'm sorry I can't absorb it all together no matter how hard I try to imagine it.
I hope that my wish to hug all BUDDY who will be hurt by this unprepared farewell will reach even a little bit. Thank you and once again, thank you. I will continue to be thankful always. I think everything's the same, but I'm a little scared as I have to adapt to many unfamiliar times now. I'm going to work hard for everyone who looks at me and supports me.
Thank you so much for all the staff who worked hard for GFriend for the six years. Most of all, our precious members who I went through so many things together with. If it weren't for you, I wouldn't have experienced everything. Thank you so much. I love you.
BUDDY, once again I miss you and I love you. I sincerely hope that you'll all be happy and free in the future. Thank you."
"I think this is upsetting for the fans who were looking forward to us more than ever. Ive always wondered, 'What kind of pretty words would make BUDDY happy?' Now I'm thinking about what kind of words will comfort BUDDY. I feel heavy writing every single word here.
I'm so lucky that I can always remember and find the cheering of the fans by my side, who gave me so much strength. I wanted to become a better person because you all always gave me so much love and trusted me. But can I be loved like this? I'm not as great as BUDDY thinks. Can I enjoy this kind of gift? I've felt this way since my debut. I've felt this way every moment since our promotions, fan meetings, and concerts. All of this was possible because of the fact that you guys supported us. I was really thankful that I could sing good songs,and I was happy to chime in thanks to you who recognized us. It's been the most beautiful and happy six years for me. That fact will never change. I wish all the best for BUDDY who I will love forever. I sincerely hope your lives will be full of smiles rather than tears. Thank you so much for being a reliable BUDDY to GFriend. Always be healthy and happy. BUDDY, I'll pray from the bottom of my heart. Whatever I do and how I look, I'll try my best to sing in the future. I'll do my best to repay all of your fond memories. This has been GFriend. Thank you, and I love you, our BUDDY."
"Hello. This is GFriend's SinB.
My heart is heavy delivering this sudden news to BUDDYs with this letter.
I contemplated for a long time about what to say and was being so careful about the letter that I was leaving words out...
In the six years promoting as GFriend's SinB, I want to thank everyone who gave stable support for us and because they were our motivation, we were able to receive huge amounts of love and support so I was very happy. And I'm also thankful to have been able to perform with good songs.
When I saw every letter people send, the support, and warm looks, I was able to do better and improve, and with every moment I was happy and wanted to share the good things with fans, so I think our past promotions were carried out nicely.
The fact that I've always told BUDDY that that we'd be together for a while under the name GFriend, that I can't keep the promise, makes me so sad and I'm apologetic and regretful. Still, I know the weight of those words, and I will not let the sincerity go away.
We won't forget the fans' love ever, even what we felt during our past promotions. We'll remember and keep my thankful heart while slowly repaying you with our individual activities in the future.
The past six years' memories have been the happiest time, and I wouldn't change it for anything.
Thank you to Source Music for taking me, who is lacking, into GFriend, and to my members and our BUDDYs, the time we spent together feels like a dream, I'm thankful, sorry, and I love you.
Thank you so much for reading this long letter, and stay healthy until the day we meet again."
"Hello, this is GFriend Yuju.
Although I've been expressing my heart in posts a bit, this is the first time I'm writing a letter while all these thoughts and memories pass by me.
I worried you might be really surprised, and imagining that, my heart is heavy.
Thanks to everyone, each day I spent as a member of GFriend has been so precious. In the time I've tried to give you guys those kinds of days and work on myself, six years have suddenly passed. Once again, thank you so much to everyone who has cried and laughed together during our journey.
You've given us such a big heart that we couldn't imagine, and slowly looking back on the past memories recently, a lot of thoughts have come to my mind.
It was an even more beautiful being together with the members, and it was an honour to be able to sing and dance in front of supportive fans. Thank you for loving GFriend all this time.
My BUDDYs, who are the most precious thing in the world to me, I won't ever forget the emotions, looks, and voices that you had while watching us come up on stage, and I will keep it in the safest place of my heart.
Thank you for protecting me and not letting me break easily though I'm not that strong, and I will show you a better image in the future so as to not end with the sadness of this farewell.
Once again, I love you, thank you, and I appreciate you.
This has been GFriend."
"Hello, this is GFriend's Yerin.
It's been a long time since I left a message like this with my own handwriting, but it feels heavy because it's like this.
I've decided to leave Source Music where I was since the age of 18 to 26. I think it was possible because of the family-like members who debuted at the age of 20 and supported me until I became who I am. I think it was possible because of BUDDY who gave us so much love and the Source Music family who worked harder than anyone else.
Will it happen in six years time? I've been through all these dreams, and I've always been loved so much that I think it was undeserved. I tried to take good care of myself and repay you with great performances.
I'm sure these times that will never come back have been times I will never forget. No matter what happens, thank you for showering me with love. I feel like I was able to come this far because of BUDDY.
I won't forget this time, and I'll try my best. Thank you for making great memories during my twenties. I love you, and I'll love you in the future too.
Thank you again to the members, BUDDY, and Source Music."
"We debuted in January 2015 like a dream, met BUDDYs because of huge luck in my life, and received so much love to the point where I wondered if I should be able to receive so much. To be honest, I'm not a very confident person, so of course, I've gone through tough times. Still, in those times I had the opportunity to go one step further thanks to everyone. I know that fans said they would be happy and proud no matter what, but though I'm not sure if things have gone well or I've done well or not, I'm thankful for the time I've spent with everyone and the precious moments each day. Though I have my regrets about whether I could have done better or I couldn't see you more often, I will fill it up with even more things with not an end but a new beginning in the future.
Although officially GFriend is officially over, it's not the end for us, so don't have a hard time. BUDDY. It's hard to share the time we spent together in just this letter, but as always even if I don't say everything you guys know my heart more than anyone else. I feel a little worried that I can't continue walking down this path, but I will try my best to walk thinking of BUDDYs who have always supported me.
To BUDDY, who were very surprised at this news. I'm sorry and I love you.
I will repay you with a better image."
What are your thoughts now that GFRIEND has confirmed the news of their disbandment? Share them with us in the comments below!
Have a COVID related Experience or Advice? Discuss & Share on PINKVILLA Rooms.
- Craft Guild of chefs reveals the names of chefs through to next stage of The National Chef of the Year competition - Premier Construction Magazine - July 21st, 2021
- Beating Breath of the Wild like its Snake took careful planning and infinite patience - Destructoid - July 21st, 2021
- E-transmission: The allure of toxic leaders - Daily Sun - July 21st, 2021
- Clairos Sling paves a brilliantly inspired and elegantly orchestrated road to comfort - The A.V. Club - July 21st, 2021
- CBD Infused Drinks: Everything You Need to Know... - Marketscreener.com - July 21st, 2021
- Meet Simone Ferretti, an astute name and personality climbing his way to the top in the social media industry. - The American Reporter - July 21st, 2021
- 10 Lessons Bungie Should Learn From Destiny 2s Season Of The Splicer - Forbes - July 18th, 2021
- Album reviews: KSI All Over the Place and Willow Lately I Feel Everything - The Independent - July 18th, 2021
- Delhi University to admit students based on cut-offs - The Indian Express - July 18th, 2021
- 6 Ways The Internet Is Slowly Transforming Our Minds 2021 Tips - BollyInside - July 18th, 2021
- SmugMug Source Preview: Say Goodbye to NAS Servers and Hello to the Best Cloud Storage Yet - Fstoppers - July 18th, 2021
- Album reviews: KSI All Over the Place and Willow Lately I Feel Everything - MSN UK - July 16th, 2021
- RBSE 10th and 12th Result 2021: Schools Complete Uploading of Marks, Rajasthan Board Results Expected Soon rajresults.nic.in - Jagran Josh - July 16th, 2021
- How Scrybe Streaming Is Disrupting the Music Industry, Interview With CEO Christian Phyfier - The Ritz Herald - July 16th, 2021
- Best iOS and Android apps we used in 2021 (so far) - Mashable - July 16th, 2021
- Prontonn receives USD 9 million of funding - Inventiva - July 16th, 2021
- In Defence of HIKAI - The Shillong Times - July 16th, 2021
- The Echo Show 10 Is The Only Smart Display That Follows Every Step Of The Way - MensXP.com - July 16th, 2021
- Who is Baby J? BTS responds to rumors, debuts Permission to Dance on Jimmy Fallon show - MEAWW - July 16th, 2021
- Bill Ackman Sent a Text to the CEO of Mastercard. What Happened Next Is a Parable for ESG. - Institutional Investor - June 20th, 2021
- #ATA2021: Telehealth Is Key to Equity and Access for Every Patient Population - HealthTech Magazine - June 20th, 2021
- The Secret Is Out That Confidential Computing Is A Hot Trend And Seriously Crucial To AI And For Self-Driving Cars Too - Forbes - June 20th, 2021
- CBSE 12th Result 2021: Schools Asked To Hold Practical Exams Online, and Upload Marks by 28 June - AglaSem News - June 20th, 2021
- Cardiff cyclist catches up with driver and gives him piece of her mind after cat call - Nation.Cymru - June 6th, 2021
- After Making Example of Jon Rahm, PGA Tour Expects Vaccinations to Increase Significantly: Opinion - Pro Golf Weekly - June 6th, 2021
- Doug Fishbone show at the Crawford couldnt be more timely - The Irish Times - June 6th, 2021
- Why Developers Prefer Creating Apps That Begin As iOS-Exclusives? We Spoke To Two Developers Ahead Of WWDC 2021 - Mashable India - June 6th, 2021
- Young Juno nominees on why theyre moving to the algorithm of TikTok - 660 News - June 6th, 2021
- As EVM theories fade after Mamata Banerjees win, here is all you need to know about how EVMs cannot be hacked, no matter who wins - OpIndia - June 6th, 2021
- Downloading our thoughts to the mainframe may be the stuff of science fiction but humans have been imagining it for centuries - The Conversation AU - May 20th, 2021
- Google Photos to end free unlimited uploads: What it means to you - SlashGear - May 20th, 2021
- How to start vlogging - Creative Bloq - May 20th, 2021
- Many Latino men haven't gotten vaccinated. Misinformation, fear and busy lives are factors - Los Angeles Times - May 20th, 2021
- Google Photos unlimited free storage is ending this month, so what are your options - India Today - May 20th, 2021
- Severe weather soaks spirits in rain-ravaged area - "We're trying to hang in there" - Port Arthur News - The Port Arthur News - May 20th, 2021
- Assams fictional superhero Advitya all set to hit the screens in fancy outfit without mask - The Hindu - May 20th, 2021
- '1000-Lb Sisters' Season 3: What Happened to Tammy Slaton's Forehead? - Showbiz Cheat Sheet - May 20th, 2021
- Netizens Baffled Over Moms Photo Of Daughter Sinking Into Concrete - Latin Times - May 20th, 2021
- [App Fridays] How 1MG is meeting the rise in demand for teleconsultations, medicines amid COVID-19 resurgence - YourStory - May 20th, 2021
- Steven Crowder Sues YouTube for Silencing Conservatives: 'This Is the Big One' - CBN News - May 20th, 2021
- First Lady hands over 30 000 books - The Herald - May 20th, 2021
- Free to fly again - The Garden Island - May 11th, 2021
- Here's How to Record a Video That's Three Minutes on TikTok - Distractify - May 11th, 2021
- Dishonest censorship scare may torpedo Bill C-10, a chance to update broadcasting laws for the modern era - The Globe and Mail - May 11th, 2021
- AI-Based Editing That Learns Your Style? Fstoppers Reviews ImagenAI - Fstoppers - May 11th, 2021
- Google Photos unlimited free storage offer ends this month, and here are few things you should keep in mind - India Today - May 9th, 2021
- Here's how to touch of death with 2 combos as Gill, Rose and Ibuki in Street Fighter 5: Champion Edition as showcased by LPN - EventHubs - May 9th, 2021
- Feel Better Yoga in Burlington launched online-only memberships in response to COVID - Burlington Times News - May 9th, 2021
- Sinn Fin hopes to use controversial voter database for Dublin byelection - The Irish Times - May 9th, 2021
- Dogs at polling stations are the real stars of the Scottish Parliament election - The National - May 9th, 2021
- Dodie on growing up on YouTube and her new album Build a Problem: I didnt have any boundaries - iNews - May 9th, 2021
- 40 Must-See New Movies to See This Summer Season - IndieWire - May 9th, 2021
- MTV: Who is Tyler from Catfish? Updates on his relationship with Stefany! - Reality Titbit - Celebrity TV News - May 9th, 2021
- Guided By Voices Earth Man Blues May Be the Power-Pop Heroes Best Album in Decades - Rolling Stone - May 1st, 2021
- How to turn on TikTok's new auto captions - Mashable - May 1st, 2021
- As seen on CBS This Morning: Protecting Veterans' digital accounts with a free service offer and book from GoodTrust - VAntage Point - VAntage Point... - May 1st, 2021
- COVID-19 update: Faculty and staff vaccinations - University of Denver Newsroom - May 1st, 2021
- Sonny Fodera & Just Kiddin' team up with Lilly Ahlberg on 'Closer' - We Rave You - May 1st, 2021
- The Kid LAROI Talks Without You Remix Featuring Miley Cyrus and Putting Raw Emotion Into His Music - Variety - May 1st, 2021
- Were These Migrant Teens Framed for Arson That Left 13,000 Homeless? - The Daily Beast - May 1st, 2021
- Blockchain startup S!NG wants creators to lean on NFTs to protect their intellectual property - TechCrunch - April 27th, 2021
- How to upload and view 4K images on Twitter for Android and iOS - HT Tech - April 27th, 2021
- Worrying Kwon Mina Instagram post is removed as fans share support on Twitter - HITC - Football, Gaming, Movies, TV, Music - April 27th, 2021
- Mathilde Tantot: French Model Who Suffered Wardrobe Malfunction Breaks the Internet with Bare-All Snaps - International Business Times, Singapore... - April 27th, 2021
- Twitter now allows you to share pictures in 4K on Android, iOS - Moneycontrol.com - April 23rd, 2021
- Of OTTs and more! - The Times of India Blog - April 23rd, 2021
- Nodal officers to check availability of beds in pvt, Govt hosps in G'gram - Daily Pioneer - April 23rd, 2021
- Fighting COVID-19: Vaccination picks up in Jammu and Kashmir - indiablooms - April 23rd, 2021
- Billions of bugs: Meet the cicada chasers trailing Brood X - CNET - April 23rd, 2021
- Fashion Society stitches together first virtual fashion magazine - The Poly Post - April 23rd, 2021
- BTS drive for Smart urges PH youth to 'live your passion with purpose' - Manila Bulletin - April 23rd, 2021
- Dortmunds strict squad rules and fines revealed with Arsenal star Aubameyang branded punishment king dur... - The Sun - April 23rd, 2021
- All that you need to know about Facebook group cover photo size - TechPluto - April 23rd, 2021
- Jimmie Johnson ready to make his official jump from NASCAR to IndyCar this weekend - ESPN - April 19th, 2021
- Sushmita Sen's "Meditation In Action" Post Is Beating Our Monday Blues. Watch Her Workout Video - NDTV - April 19th, 2021
- Vaccine passports for COVID-19: How they'll be a part of global travel - CNET - April 19th, 2021
- Creators On The Rise: Gunnar Deatherage Is Stitching Himself A Career On TikTok And YouTube Shorts - Tubefilter - April 19th, 2021
- Guest blog: Why broadband has never been more important for a residential care home in the midst of a global pandemic | Business & Finance -... - April 19th, 2021
- From Kaviya Maran to Aditi Hundia, women who grabbed IPL cameramen's attention over the years - DNA India - April 19th, 2021
- Core is an Epic-funded development platform hoping to be the next Roblox - PC Gamer - April 19th, 2021