Wearable designs make our lives easier and more efficient in multiple ways! From smartwatches, Fitbits to even wearable furniture, innovative wearable designs can be valuable additions to our daily lifestyles. And, not to mention sometimes theyre really fun to use and trendy to wear as well! Hence, weve curated a collection of wearable designs that are not only super easy to wear on your person, but also promise to make your everyday life easier, simpler, and effortless! Enjoy.
Dani Clodes Third Thumb project aims at exploring and expanding the possibilities of what we can do with additional powers in this case, an extra thumb. With the aim of adding to human possibilities, rather than replacing whats lost, the prosthetic has the potential to rapidly alter the way we live our lives. The thumb, 3D printed from a variant of Thermoplastic Polyurethane (TPU) called Ninjaflex, sits right beside your little finger. Its connected to a smart bracelet that receives its commands via Bluetooth from the wearers foot. Pressure sensors are placed on the soles of the feet and any force you apply with your foot is perceived as a signal by the bracelet i.e., if you press down with one foot, the thumb flexes inwards, grasping whatever youre holding. Clode says that the learning curve is rather minimal and people get used to the controls pretty quick. Watch the video to see one rather confident candidate shred away at a guitar with a Third Thumb!
The After You umbrella is a multipurpose product designed to save you from the rains and to help you carry stuff when the skies are clear! Anna, a student at Moholy-Nagy University of Art and Design, Budapest, created this design as a part of her design course. The aim of the course is to completely redesign an everyday object an umbrella in this case. The After You revolutionizes the humble umbrella in quite a few ways the first is by making the design hands-free! One of the most tedious things about carrying the umbrella is the juggling act of holding onto your umbrella with one hand with the tons of stuff we carry in our hands. By wearing the product over your shoulders like a backpack, After You leave your hands free to answer back to that text or browse your phone. The next thing we love about this design is the foldable design the five layers made from rigid polycarbonate layers fold and unfold to form a cocoon that keeps you protected.
Industrial designer SangWoon Kim has reimagined the traditional waist support belt as a smart wearable to protect the lumbar spine better. Basically, it functions like any standard belt to compress the waist and isolate our breathing patterns. The striking difference is the ability to tighten the belt automatically, depending on the intensity of the workout and the users breathing pattern. Kim calls it the BIND.CO belt and this workout accessory come in handy for any exercise mode and intensity. The innovation will be godsent for beginners who are still learning about the exact tightening of the belt needed for their workout. Thanks to the embedded sensors, the smart belt tightens during exercise and loosens at the time of rest between activities.
Mictic is creating a new relation between music and dance. This hand-worn wearable allows your body movements to be converted into musical symphonies. Simply put, Mictic converts your hand movements into digital signals that trigger virtual instruments within the Mictic smartphone app. The two wearables sit on your wrists, and their individual movements help the app understand how your hands are moving. First, you need to pair your bands with your smartphone and select the drum instrument within the Mictic app. Now beat your hands around in the air and the app plays back drum sounds as if you were sitting in front of a real drum kit. Similarly, select the guitar instrument and shred away in the air and the Mictic app generates a killer solo.
Once activated, EVE launches a 10-second alarm meant to discourage the attacker from continuing their assault and instantly calls the local police station, sending operators the location and live audio recordings of the attack. EVE follows a two-step activation process to launch the wristbands emergency features. First, to unlock EVE and prepare it for activation, the user simply shakes their wrist repeatedly three to five times. Embedded inside the wristband, an accelerometer and gyroscope detect the shaking and rotation of the wrist, awakening the device and gearing it up for activation. Then, either by announcing previously recorded voice triggers or by placing pressure on the wristbands sensors, the 110dB alarm sounds, and the police are called, sending live recordings of the assault to an emergency operator, along with the GPS location of the EVE user.
Designed by Yang Zhao, the odd-looking origami-inspired contraption dubbed SharkMan is only for the bold ones to actually use in a shopping mall or maybe at the beach. It is still worth the experiment at home since it cocoons you in complete privacy, although you might look a little funny. The deformable soft furniture morphs into several different configurations based on your needs for a me space when things get too distracting. Whether you are reading a book, working on your laptop, or simply want to take a quick nap the SharkMan is an odd-looking solution that makes the cut. You can use it while standing, sitting, or even lying down as three of these configurations dont reveal your face to the world so you dont have to worry about the embarrassing part of using SharkMan in public.
Crown, from Neurosity, helps to maintain your brains focus by measuring not only what triggers your focus, but also what sustains it. Eight EEG sensors fill out the Crown to track and quantify an individuals brainwaves to better understand what retains focus and what introduces distraction. As the brainwaves are measured, the accompanying Neurosity Shift app connects to your Spotify account to play the most suitable music for your brain to hold onto that state of flow. Similar to Neurositys previous brain-sensing technology, the Notion 2, the Crown also minimizes any technological distractions like notifications or ringtones by automatically muting any prospective interruptions that could take away from your focus.
Bone conducting audio devices arent new, although the Sentien Audio is one of the first to bring AirPods-style features to it. The headset comfortably rests around your head and against the front of each ear. It sports a touch-sensitive panel that lets you tap and swipe to do things like skip tracks, play-pause music, increase-decrease volume, and even summon your phones voice assistant. Unlike AirPods and other TWS earphones, the Sentien Audio boasts of a whopping 24-hour battery, allowing you to practically wear it all day and go about listening to music, answering calls, or asking Google Assistant or Siri random questions without worrying about battery life. Coupled with that is a unique adjustable titanium headband that comfortably places the headset on your head in a way that lets you naturally go about your day without worrying about it falling off or causing discomfort.
Acknowledging the mental stressors within the ICU, a team of designers created SOVA, an ICU medical aid device that tracks the patients health progress and allows the patient to communicate their needs by simply directing their eyes. Either before, during, or following their visit to the ICU, almost half of the patients who receive medical treatment experience some form of trauma or suffer from mental stressors that make it difficult to communicate their needs. SOVA is a medical device that tracks and registers early signs of physical or mental pain so that medical personnel within the ICU can provide the patient with proper treatment. While physical pain, insomnia, and anxiety are only a few of the stressors in the ICU, SOVA operates as a system to track these stressors for real-time support and treatment.
This wearable fitness tracker-looking ring is actually a mouse designed to be as lightweight as possible so there isnt excess load on your joints.Thering mousesdesign works intuitively, it reacts to the movements of the fingertips and does not interfere with the natural movement of the wrist since it is a wearable ring. Due to its unique shape for a mouse, it makes the experience smoother while reducing the stress on your wrists as it wont be awkwardly bent at an angle for hours!The ring has sensors that provide the functionality of a mouse such as click, sweep, scroll through different gestures that are similar to how we use the trackpads on a laptop.
- Faraday Future Listed on Nasdaq With the Ticker FFIE and Announces New Reservation Policy for Flagship Product FF 91 Futurist - Business Wire - July 23rd, 2021
- UAE Says Rainstorms Were Caused by Its Cloud Seeding Drones - Futurism - July 23rd, 2021
- Futuristic Perpetual Harvest Cannabis Facility Chooses Programmable Spectrum LED from Revolution Micro for its $40M Facility - Johnson City Press... - July 23rd, 2021
- Akanksha Sharma: I Look At The Narratives Of Development, Not As A Victim But As A Futurist - Outlook India - July 23rd, 2021
- Elon Musk Says Tesla Has Caused Him More Suffering Than Anything Else in His Life - Futurism - July 23rd, 2021
- Scientists Discover Dozens of Ancient Viruses, Frozen in Ice - Futurism - July 23rd, 2021
- Excessive Coffee Drinking Linked to Dementia - Futurism - July 23rd, 2021
- Lyft Says It'll Deploy Self-Driving Cars by the End of the Year - Futurism - July 23rd, 2021
- Physicists Say the Universe Wraps Around Itself Like a Giant Donut - Futurism - July 23rd, 2021
- Applying the right mix of futuristic technologies for maximizing operational efficiency - ETCIO.com - July 23rd, 2021
- Top Catholic Bishop Resigns After Hackers Expose That He Was on Grindr - Futurism - July 23rd, 2021
- How to Think Like a Futurist, from HP - Industry Analysts Inc - July 21st, 2021
- Jeff Bezos Couldn't Qualify for Normal Astronaut Wings, So Blue Origin Invented Its Own - Futurism - July 21st, 2021
- Eggy Served Up Westport: Beyond These Walls With Futuristic Dine... - NYSMusic - July 21st, 2021
- Good News: NASA Says It Managed to Fix the Hubble Space Telescope - Futurism - July 21st, 2021
- Casio Is Re-issuing the Futuristic Digital Watch Ripley Wore In Alien - Gizmodo - July 16th, 2021
- The Amazon Rainforest Is Starting to Emit More Carbon Than It Absorbs - Futurism - July 16th, 2021
- The Creator of Dogecoin Says He Now Believes That All Cryptocurrency Is Horrible - Futurism - July 16th, 2021
- MIT Prediction of Civilization Collapse Appears to Be on Track - Futurism - July 16th, 2021
- Abasi Concepts treats its futuristic Space T range to all-new finishes and stainless steel frets - Guitar World - July 16th, 2021
- The FAA May Force SpaceX to Tear Down Its Starship Launch Tower - Futurism - July 16th, 2021
- New NASA Spacecraft Will Carry Time Capsule for the Descendants of Humans - Futurism - July 16th, 2021
- Marines Are Testing Tiny Drones That Carry Explosive Grenades - Futurism - July 16th, 2021
- F1 drivers react to "futuristic" 2022 car reveal - GPfans - July 16th, 2021
- Hamilton accused of mind games by Horner as F1 shows off its "futuristic" side - GPfans - July 16th, 2021
- Here's an M-App Connected With a Futuristic Virtual Healthcare Platform And Digital Therapeutics In Asia - Entrepreneur - July 16th, 2021
- Richard Branson Didn't Go to Space Yesterday, He Just Cruised Through the Upper Atmosphere - Futurism - July 16th, 2021
- #PulpNonFiction: Pragmatic protopias and why everyone is a futurist - Bizcommunity.com - July 12th, 2021
- 11-Year-Old Gets Physics Degree, Says He'll Use It to Attain Technological Immortality - Futurism - July 12th, 2021
- Recent Heatwaves Have Killed More Than 1 Billion Sea Creatures - Futurism - July 12th, 2021
- US Military Document Admits That Risk of Nuclear War Is Growing - Futurism - July 12th, 2021
- BREAKING: Richard Branson Successfully Flies to Space on Virgin Rocket - Futurism - July 12th, 2021
- One Futuristic Tomorrowland Detail You May Have Missed! Inside the Magic - Inside the Magic - July 12th, 2021
- There's Reportedly Massive Drama Inside Jeff Bezos' Wannabe Space Company - Futurism - July 12th, 2021
- Futuristic Apple Car Concepts that are like the iPhone 12 Pro Max of smart electric vehicles! - Yanko Design - July 12th, 2021
- Defence PSU HAL To Develop Futuristic High Altitude Pseudo Satellite To Assist Armed Forces In Strike Missions - Swarajya - July 12th, 2021
- Places Are Increasingly Getting So Hot That People Just Die - Futurism - July 12th, 2021
- Scammers Inject Thousands of People With Fake Vaccines - Futurism - July 12th, 2021
- Company Starts Shipping Its $50,000 Mind-Reading Helmet - Futurism - June 18th, 2021
- I'm Going to See the Futuristic Lucid Air EV Sedan Next Week. What Do You Want to Know About It? - The Drive - June 18th, 2021
- A Futuristic Amusement Park and an Ecological Power Plant: 16 Unbuilt Competition-Winning Projects Submitted to ArchDaily - ArchDaily - June 18th, 2021
- The Largest Structures in the Universe Started To Spin and We Don't Know Why - Futurism - June 18th, 2021
- Futuristic Self-Driving Car Hits Person the Old Fashioned Way - VICE - June 18th, 2021
- Jeff Bezos Is Helping Build a Fusion Power Plant in the UK - Futurism - June 18th, 2021
- Disney and Africas Kugali to unleash a futuristic Lagos in the upcoming series Iwaju - Animation Xpress - June 18th, 2021
- Experts Decide That Earth Has Five Oceans, Actually - Futurism - June 18th, 2021
- Germany Wants Tesla to Share Its Supercharger Network With Other Carmakers - Futurism - June 18th, 2021
- Battlefield 2042 Enlists AI Soldiers To The Fight On The Futuristic Multiplayer Front - Hot Hardware - June 18th, 2021
- NASA Has Assembled a Megarocket to Take Humans to the Moon - Futurism - June 18th, 2021
- Premiere: Rap Newcomer BXKS Shows Off Her Cosmic Brand Of Futurism On Must Feel - Complex - June 18th, 2021
- Prime Vision to offer a futuristic robotic sorting solution for the US - Post and Parcel - June 18th, 2021
- $1300 off this 8K Samsung TV deal is tempting us to upgrade to the futuristic resolution - GamesRadar+ - June 18th, 2021
- AMC and Heimplanet Reveal Electric Camping Truck | HYPEBEAST - HYPEBEAST - June 18th, 2021
- Influential Voices On The Future Of Work: Brian David Johnson, Futurist - Forbes - May 11th, 2021
- Futurist Deborah Westphal Releases New Book, "Convergence: Technology, Business, and the Human-Centric Future" - PRNewswire - May 11th, 2021
- Unpacking Returnals UX design: Gameplay-first UI, retro-futuristic tech, and accessibility - PlayStation.Blog - May 11th, 2021
- Toyota's Futuristic Woven City Will Be Powered by Hydrogen - autoevolution - May 11th, 2021
- The Opulent, Futuristic Megamansion of Bill and Melinda Gates Could Be a Hard Sell - Mansion Global - May 11th, 2021
- Scientists Turned HIV Into a Life-Saving Gene Therapy - Futurism - May 11th, 2021
- Experts Shred Paper Claiming to Identify Mushrooms on Mars - Futurism - May 11th, 2021
- Ford Patents Tech to Annoy Drivers With In-Car Advertisements - Futurism - May 11th, 2021
- Stewart Brand portrayed as tech futurist and publisher in We Are as Gods - SF Chronicle Datebook - April 21st, 2021
- UK to Add Atomwaffen Division to Proscribed Terrorist List | Kharon - Kharon Brief - April 21st, 2021
- Scientists Claim That Actually, Radiation Is Good For You - Futurism - April 21st, 2021
- Russia Is Reportedly Abandoning the International Space Station - Futurism - April 21st, 2021
- China's Population Is About to Start Declining, and Its Leaders Are Worried - Futurism - April 21st, 2021
- NASA Will Require SpaceX to Land Empty Starship on Moon Before Sending Astronauts - Futurism - April 21st, 2021
- The Futuristic Way You Could Soon Get Groceries Delivered From Walmart - Mashed - April 21st, 2021
- NASA Says Mars Helicopter Is Now Healthier Than It Was Before Flight - Futurism - April 21st, 2021
- Study: Humanity Has Ravaged All But 3 Percent of The Land on Earth - Futurism - April 21st, 2021
- Kyle Kuzma eclectic and futuristic style leads this week's edition of NBA Style Power Rankings - The Athletic - April 21st, 2021
- Five Longhorn Startups Launch Futuristic Solutions for the Challenges of Today - UT News - UT News | The University of Texas at Austin - April 19th, 2021
- This Theory Could Explain Many Military UFO Sightings - Futurism - April 19th, 2021
- Hyundai's Staria is the coolest futuristic minivan that we'll never get - CNET - April 19th, 2021
- Dogecoin Is Spiking and People Are Losing Their Minds - Futurism - April 19th, 2021
- US Spies Warn That China Is Building Space Weapons - Futurism - April 19th, 2021
- Terrifying Mutated-Looking "Creature" Turns Out to Be a Croissant - Futurism - April 19th, 2021
- Japanese Prime Minister Challenged to Drink Radioactive Water Before Dumping It Into the Ocean - Futurism - April 19th, 2021
- Bitcoin Creator Satoshi Nakomoto Is Now One of the World's Wealthiest People - Futurism - April 19th, 2021
- Elon Musk Says He Is Now the "Imperator of Mars" - Futurism - April 19th, 2021