More details have emerged about how Jeffrey Epstein sexually trafficked girls as young as 11 to his private island in the Caribbean and how he evaded law enforcement by ferrying them on jets and helicopters then keeping them against their will on the property.
Epsteins estate is being sued by the US Virgin Islands which wants to confiscate his island Little St. James which is valued at $86million.
The local governments top prosecutor says Epstein flouted their laws to routinely bring underage girls there and abuse them. She filed a lawsuit last week and on Tuesday was interviewed by CBS This Morning about it along with one of the women the late financier is said to have trafficked.
That woman insisted on having her identity obscured. She revealed that Epstein held her against her will in a bedroom on the property where he kept a gun taped to the bedpost.
She also said he raped her in his office on St Thomas.
A new lawsuit alleges Jeffrey Epstein ran a conspiracy to traffic and abuse girls appearing to be as young as 11 years old on his private island.
Were getting a closer look at the secluded island and hearing a first-hand account from one of those alleged victims. @MolaReports: pic.twitter.com/5L3haCQsja
He raped me. He brought me off the island to his office in St. Thomas and he actually raped me in his office.
He also trapped me in his bedroom on the island where he had a gun strapped to his bedpost. I couldnt leave.
The only means of getting off the island was either helicopter or boat, she said.
She criticized the Caribbean islands local government for only now taking action, saying: Im actually quite confused by it. Why now?
Its been a little bit, its late in the game, and to me its sort of last minute and, you know, if they knew about his you-know-what he was up to then why didnt they try to stop him before?
Epsteins elaborate trafficking system was enabled by his wealth, Denise George, Attorney General of the U.S. Virgin Islands, said.
By buying an entire island to carry out the abuse on, he was able to keep it hidden, she said.
He brought the girls to the Caribbean on his own planes then used his own helicopters and boats to get them to the house.
He felt that he could basically be protected. He could get away with it, George said.
She revealed that authorities tried at least once monitor the property to investigate but they were blocked from entering.
They were stopped at the dock, and they were told No, this is as far as you can go because this is my private property, and I would not allow you to go in any further.
Once the girls were on the island, there was no way for them to escape.
One woman told in a lawsuit in the past that she tried to swim away because she was so desperate to be free but that she was hauled back to the shore.
Remember, he owns a whole island.
So it wasnt a situation where a child or a young woman would be able to just break away and run down the street to the nearest police station, George said.
She resisted the criticism from Epsteins victim that she authorities did nothing when he was alive, saying: I cannot speak to what happened in the past.
What I do know is that because of Epsteins wealth and power he was able to conceal a lot of this, she said.
The lawsuit against his estate is one of the dozens that have been filed.
The pedophiles August suicide remains under investigation and the FBI continues to look into whether anyone who is still alive facilitated the abuse.
Here is the original post:
- The private islands you can rent in France, Spain and Greece from just 12pp a night... - The Sun - April 2nd, 2021
- A New Private-Island Resort in the US Virgin Islands - Caribbean Journal - April 2nd, 2021
- Immunity pods of family and friends start to venture out on private vaxications - The Boston Globe - April 2nd, 2021
- Security escorts, chartered planes, Rolls-Royces: Inside the luxe tours of FlyEast Philippines - TTG Asia - April 2nd, 2021
- Private Plane Vacation Packages Are the Big New Thing in Resort Travel - InsideHook - April 2nd, 2021
- Your Own Private Island in Tahiti Is Only a Flight Away - Locale Magazine - March 31st, 2021
- Royal Caribbean Thanks Emergency Services, NHS And Armed Forces With UK Homecoming, Set For This Summer - KPVI News 6 - March 31st, 2021
- Milgate to lead Velaa Private Island in the Maldives - Breaking Travel News - March 31st, 2021
- Secret Mediterranean: where to stay on the best hidden islands - Telegraph.co.uk - March 31st, 2021
- Staycation in Scotland: 6 remote and beautiful Scottish Island escapes - HeraldScotland - March 31st, 2021
- Ghislaine Maxwell Faces Two New Trafficking Charges, Raising Pressure On Prince Andrew And Others Listed In Jeffrey Epsteins Little Black Book -... - March 31st, 2021
- Best resorts in the San Juan Islands - seattlepi.com - March 31st, 2021
- 7 Successful Celebrity Investors | TheRichest - TheRichest - March 31st, 2021
- How the spending habits of Singapore's rich changed in the pandemic - Insider - March 31st, 2021
- NBA's Kevin Love & Model Kate Bock Share What They Eat on "Vegan - The Beet - March 31st, 2021
- Richard Branson Is Opening His Caribbean Private Island to the Public This Summer - Observer - March 25th, 2021
- The stunning private islands that cost less than the price of a two-bed flat in England... - The Sun - March 25th, 2021
- Stunning private islands cheaper than average 2-bedroom home in the UK - Daily Star - March 25th, 2021
- This $1.1 million island in Quebec is for sale (PHOTOS) | Urbanized - Daily Hive - March 25th, 2021
- Private island for sale in BC costs less than the average Vancouver home | Urbanized - Daily Hive - March 25th, 2021
- Escape to Figure Eight - Greater Wilmington Business Journal - March 25th, 2021
- Coral Restoration And Why You Should Choose Hotels That Support It - Forbes - March 25th, 2021
- Chance to make a moo-ve on West Calf island - Southern Star Newspaper - March 25th, 2021
- Remains of SoCal Marine Arrive Home Nearly 77 Years After He Was Killed in World War II - NBC Southern California - March 25th, 2021
- What it's Like to Live on a Remote Island in Indonesia During a Pandemic - Fodor's Travel - March 25th, 2021
- Puerto Rico awarded $900M to help boost islands education - The Boston Globe - March 25th, 2021
- World Rugby to help Pacific Island teams join Super Rugby in 2022 - ESPN - March 25th, 2021
- This entire Quebec island is on the market for $1.8 million (PHOTOS) | Urbanized - Daily Hive - March 21st, 2021
- "Vaxication" In The Maldives: What To Know About Vaccine Tourism - Tatler Malaysia - March 21st, 2021
- Royal Caribbean Readies Cruises to the Bahamas and Mexico for June - Vanity Fair - March 21st, 2021
- Here's How To Plan The Maldives Trip Of Your Post-Quarantine Dreams - Essence - March 21st, 2021
- Happy Birthday Animal Crossing New Horizons! Year In Review For A Hall Of Fame Classic - Hot Hardware - March 21st, 2021
- 'Vaxication' in the Maldives: What to Know About Vaccine Tourism - Tatler Singapore - March 21st, 2021
- The Most Popular Place to Visit the Channel Islands National Park has reopened for recreation The Log - The Log Newspaper - March 21st, 2021
- Island Real Estate | Properties for Sale and Rent on Islands - January 25th, 2021
- Private Islands Online Australia - January 25th, 2021
- Travel Megatrends 2025: Cruise Lines Take Refuge in Their Private Islands - Skift - January 25th, 2021
- MSC Grandiosa to Resume Cruising Southern Europe on January 24 - Cruise Radio - January 25th, 2021
- British Virgin Islands at a crossroads as outgoing governor decries corruption - The Guardian - January 25th, 2021
- The Islands of Rockport spotlights modern luxury (Sponsored) - Chron - January 25th, 2021
- I explore a new beach every day: How the one per cent are doing Lockdown 3 - Telegraph.co.uk - January 25th, 2021
- Join Kevin McCloud in Italy and ride the Venice Simplon-Orient-Express - Countryliving (UK) - January 25th, 2021
- Here's what it costs to book Disneys new cruises to Antarctica and the Galapagos Islands - CNBC - January 25th, 2021
- Yes, more money will always make your life better, but thats not all there is to happiness, says new study - ZME Science - January 25th, 2021
- Castaway Cay is Hiring! What This Could Mean For Disney Cruise Line - Inside the Magic - January 9th, 2021
- Unique Escapes in 2021 for Travelers Who Have Been Everywhere - Luxury Travel Magazine - January 9th, 2021
- Rebound Travel Technologies and The Rarotongan Resort Group Announce Strategic Partnership - PRNewswire - January 9th, 2021
- 4 great itineraries (and 1 to avoid) for a first cruise vacation - Royal Caribbean Blog - January 9th, 2021
- For heavily indebted small islands, resilience-building is the best antidote - UNCTAD - January 9th, 2021
- Top 10 Private Jet Destinations Around The World - Luxury Travel Magazine - January 9th, 2021
- Things I've done that I'll never do again on a Royal Caribbean cruise - Royal Caribbean Blog - January 9th, 2021
- Opinion: Thompson Island is supposed to be open to the public, but that isnt happening - The Patriot Ledger - January 9th, 2021
- Snapshot: private fund registration - what have we learnt? - Lexology - January 9th, 2021
- Sneak peek at Mackinac Islands Grand Hotel pool renovations: waterslide, cabanas, adults-only area - MLive.com - January 9th, 2021
- Verzuz's Virtual Return Shows Celebs Have Always Lived in Different Worlds - VICE - January 9th, 2021
- From Wealth TV to OAN - Rich Conservatives are Brainwashing the Country - City Watch - January 9th, 2021
- A Bostonian's Guide toHopefullyTraveling This Year - Boston magazine - January 9th, 2021
- Tree pods and beach bedrooms: Social distancing in the Maldives - CNBC - November 26th, 2020
- Scrub Island Resort to re-open | Business | virginislandsdailynews.com - Virgin Islands Daily News - November 26th, 2020
- What Does the Future of Luxury Travel Look Like in a Post-Coronavirus World? - Luxury Travel Magazine - November 26th, 2020
- Private Jetaway Is Leading the Way to Cabo San Lucas With Luxury Vetted Holiday Travel Retreats - PRNewswire - November 26th, 2020
- Consumers are too lazy for The Truth about Amazon to really make a difference - iNews - November 26th, 2020
- Private islands, rather than ships, could make the difference in cruise rebound - TradeWinds - September 18th, 2020
- A private island off the coast of Ireland could be yours for 250,000 - The Spaces - September 18th, 2020
- Private four-acre island listed for sale off the west coast of Ireland - Homes and Property - September 18th, 2020
- Return To The Magic: 6 Night Deluxe Walt Disney World Vacation Package Sweepstakes - Inside the Magic - September 18th, 2020
- Sorry Queenstown, this is the world's most scenic airport landing - Stuff.co.nz - September 18th, 2020
- Downward trend: Family Islands on track to be virus free - EyeWitness News - September 18th, 2020
- A slap on the wrist - TT Newsday - September 18th, 2020
- Looking to unwind outside the city? Abu Dhabis stunning resorts, islands and parks are ideal for some quiet time - Happytrips - July 23rd, 2020
- Looking to unwind outside of the city? Abu Dhabis stunning resorts, islands and parks are ideal for some quiet time - Happytrips - July 23rd, 2020
- Can you really buy your own private island getaway? - The Star Online - July 23rd, 2020
- Turks and Caicos Is Now Open for Tourism Caribbean Journal - Caribbean Journal - July 23rd, 2020
- Can I visit the Maldives? Here's how to do it as the islands reopen to tourism - Telegraph.co.uk - July 23rd, 2020
- Day Cruisers to Tivua Island to Get Involved in Reef Sustainability - FTNnews.com - July 23rd, 2020
- Donald Trump says 'just ask Prince Andrew' when probed about Epsteins 'paedophile island' - Express - July 23rd, 2020
- 50 million to boost islands' economy - GOV.UK - GOV.UK - July 23rd, 2020
- Maldives has reopened, but a vacay won't be cheap - IOL - July 23rd, 2020
- How 5 eco-friendly resorts survived the pandemic without guests - Business Insider - Business Insider - July 23rd, 2020
- Antigua's Hottest All-Inclusive Resort Is Open Again - Caribbean Journal - July 23rd, 2020