A selection of the best articles on entheogens:
In the Beginning: The Birth of a Psychedelic Culture By John Perry BarlowThe introduction of LSD may have been the most important event in the cultural history of America since the 1860s. Before acid hit, even rebels such as Thoreau, Emerson, and Whitmanbelieved in God-given authority. But after one had rewired one's self with LSD, authoritybecame hilarious, and there wasn't much we could do about it.
Voyaging to DMT Space with Dr. Rick Strassman, M.D. By Martin W. BallDr. Rick Strassman, pioneering psychedelic researcher, discusses his new book,Inner Paths to Outer Space: Journeys to Alien Worlds through Psychedelics and Other Spiritual Technologies as well as Zen Buddhism, psychedelics and spirituality, Old Testament prophecy and more in this fascinating interview.
LSD as a Spiritual Aid By Albert HofmannThere is common consent that the evolution of mankind is paralleled by the increase and expansion of consciousness. From the described process of how consciousness originates and develops, it becomes evident that its growth depends on its faculty of perception. Therefore every means of improving this faculty should be used.
Positive Possibilities for Psychedelics: A Time of Tentative Celebration By James FadimanFor those of us involved with psychedelics, this is a time of unexpected changes, a time of tentative celebration. After decades of winter, the ice is thinning. The warming trends toward legalization; increased religious, medical, and psychotherapeutic use; scientific exploration; and cultural acceptance are encouraging.
2012 and the Psychedelic Shamans By Thomas RazzetoIn my opinion, world conditions are not the point of the 2012 message. The message is more profound. It is about the fundamental principle of reality, as revealed by the psychedelic experiences of the shamans.
Heart of the Great Spirit: The Peyote Cactus By Stephen GrayI've been hesitant to share details regarding the NAC. It was only the approval of Native spiritual elder Kanucas that gave me the feeling it was appropriate to share this information with a wider audience. This church is a refuge of sanity in a disturbed world. It's a sacred treasure to be protected and nurtured with the utmost respect and sensitivity.
Mushroom Gnosis: Simon Powell's Psilocybin Solution By Diana Reed SlatteryPracticing xenolinguist Diana Slattery writes about Simon Powells new book,"The Psilocybin Solution, The Role of Sacred Mushrooms in the Quest for Meaning," that concerns the ability of the psilocybin experience to deliver high-speed downloads; information transmission as communication with the Other; and especially, information delivered as a visual language of intense concentration.
Consciousness and Asian Traditions: An Evolutionary Perspective By Roger WalshThe original shamans and their external technologies induce a sense of freedom from embodiment. The early yogis carry that freedom into the disentanglement of consciousness from phenomena and the world. The Vedantic tradition recognizes that the self and the divine are actually one, and the non-dual traditions recognize that all is divine.
The Universal Heart By Daniel MolerThe shaman is the pure embodiment of Love. He spent every waking moment giving of himself and healing our spirits, as the true embodiment of self-sacrifice. I understand now why the Peruvian shamans had no issue with adopting the Christ story into the Pachakti Mesa tradition.
What Can Entheogens Teach Us? By James OrocThe more a compound disrupts the Ego, the physically safer (less toxic) that compound will be, while the more a 'drug' reinforces and inflates the sense of Ego, the more physically harmful (toxic) that compound will be.
The First Supper: Entheogens and the Origin of Religion By Ruck Hoffman Gonzalez CeldranIt has been speculated that the rapid increase in hominid brain size 1.5 million years ago occurred when our ancestors began to consume consciousness-altering foods. Perhaps our species became truly human when we began eating sacred foods ritualistically in groups, in what can be seen as First Suppers.
On the Edge of Life and Death: The Nios Santos Way By Sarah MaidenWhen I first encountered the mushrooms, I had been taking antidepressants for years. The mushrooms told me I was an addict and that the pills were toxic to me. After being hospitalized due to my reaction to Paxil at age 19, I decided the mushrooms were right. Eventually, I met a Mazatec grandmother who holds a Nios Santos lineage of curandisimo.
Energy, Ego, and Entheogens: The Reality of Human Liberation from Illusion By Martin W. BallRecently, I published an article criticizing Terence McKenna's lectures on DMT. The article generated a great deal of backlash and some serious questions. Now I'd like to follow up on the issue of human liberation from self-generated illusions.
Meditation and "Drugs" By Jay MichaelsonIt's a not-so-dirty little secret that most of today's leading meditation teachers were interested in drugs. By "drugs," of course, I don't mean alcohol or Oxycontin, but rather that subset of chemicals which our society has deemed unfit for human consumption, including cannabis, psilocybin, MDMA, and others.
Salva Divinorum: Intensification By J.D. ArthurSalvia allows one, even instructs one, to gradually, and without fear, abandon the framework of reason that's based on a cumbersome conceptual reference. It can lead to a unique state that one might characterize as "thoughtless awareness." This state, although on the surface seemingly paradoxical, is actually strangely and reassuringly familiar.
When Prayer Meets Medicine By Stephen GrayWhen the peyote takes effect and the energy really gets rolling, the songs begin to sing the singers, the drum is a living spirit, and the fire has things to show us. It's a radically different way to pray. If we can find skillful ways to combine the visionary, teaching, healing medicines with our intentions, with our prayers, a whole new landscape of possibility opens up.
Adventures with Mazatec Mint: Exploring the Mind-Bending World of Salvia Divinorum By David Jay BrownAnumber of researchers think that salvinorin A, the potent dissociative psychedelic compound found in this perennial herb from Oaxaca, may have applications as an antidepressant, an analgesic, and as a therapeutic tool for treating drug addictions, some types of stroke, and Alzheimer's Disease.
Divine Voyeurs: Salvia on YouTube By Rak RazamSalvia divinorum, also known as "Diviner's Sage," has been called "the most powerful hallucinogenic known to mankind" by enthusiasts on the net. So how does it feel to be on salvia with a camera phone in your face? In the post-Jackass, reality-TV generation nothing is sacred.
Entheogenic Spirituality as a Human Right By Martin W. BallU.S. law sees "freedom of religion" as referring primarily to the freedom to believe and secondarily to the freedom to practice. However, something sorely missing from our legal protections is any recognition of the significance of direct spiritual experience itself, including with sacred plants.
Emerging from the Dark Age: The Revival of Psychedelic Medicine By Charles ShawAfter a forty-year moratorium on research driven by propaganda and political repression, treating some of lifes most challenging illnesses with psychedelic compounds has made a miraculous comeback. A deeply personal story about some of these miracles.
Drugs and Dharma in the 21st Century Allan BadinerTwo great directions in human thought and activity have recently been coming into sharper focus.Interest in Buddhism has not been greater since it was first introduced to China where it proceeded to grow steadily for 500 years, and the serious and thoughtful use of psychedelics is making a resurgence, perhaps more profoundly than in the Sixties.
DMT, Creativity and a Philosophy of Psychedelics By Terra CelesteIn this interview, Mitch Schultz, director of DMT: The Spirit Molecule, describes how a DMT experience inspired him to create a series of documentary films exploring quantum awareness, humanity's relationship to the life force of Earth, and the role of music, open source ideas, and the cyber-realm in generating new, non-destructive meta-mythiologies.
Back to RS Gnosis Files.
See the article here:
- Entheogens | Sacred Geometry - June 15th, 2020
- Entheogen - Wikipedia - May 4th, 2020
- The Return Trip: Psychedelics may come back from the abyss of illegality - Valley Advocate - November 23rd, 2019
- How San Francisco's Summer of Love sparked religious movements - The Oakland Press - August 25th, 2017
- Outside the Box - HuffPost - August 13th, 2017
- 'Summer of Love' shaped American lives, spiritual expression - Houston Chronicle - July 29th, 2017
- The Summer of Love was more than hippies and LSD it was the start of modern individualism - The Independent - July 24th, 2017
- How San Francisco's Summer of Love sparked today's religious movements - Religion News Service - July 22nd, 2017
- The Poisoner: Pharmakos and Veneficus-Poisoner's Apothecary - Patheos (blog) - July 19th, 2017
- The Summer of Love was more than hippies and LSD it was the start of modern individualism - Metro Newspaper UK - July 8th, 2017
- The Summer of Love was more than hippies and LSD it was the ... - The Conversation UK - July 7th, 2017
- Entheogen - PsychonautWiki - July 1st, 2017
- The History and Possibilities of Putting Weed in Your Witchcraft - Seattle Weekly - June 29th, 2017
- Entheogens : Al-Kemi : spagyrics and alchemy - June 27th, 2017
- Virtual Reality Takes Consciousness Research into Mystic Realms of the Divine Play - The Sociable - June 26th, 2017
- Entheogen - June 15th, 2017
- Entheogens | Drug War Facts - June 5th, 2017
- Psychedelics touted as solution for society - Ashland Daily Tidings - June 1st, 2017
- The Deep Mind in the Cave: Awakening Consciousness in the Spirit of AI - The Sociable - May 20th, 2017
- What is the Difference Between Entheogens and Drugs? - May 14th, 2017
- OH to NY to AL: Claude Lawrence Cornett - Patheos (blog) - May 8th, 2017
- The Entheogenic Evolution | Free Podcasts | PodOmatic - May 6th, 2017
- 5 of the World's Most Mind-Bending Drug Cultures - National Geographic Australia - May 6th, 2017
- Lamp & Labyrinth: Conceptualizing a Multitude of Spirits - Patheos (blog) - May 2nd, 2017
- Dank Magic: How Witches Use Weed in Their Craft - Broadly - April 21st, 2017
- In Alabama church, marijuana is part of spiritual journey - Tuscaloosa News - March 23rd, 2017
- Pro-Marijuana Alabama Church Promotes Psychoactive Drugs as Medicine - MERRY JANE - March 21st, 2017
- So A Minister, A Rabbi And A Buddhist Took Drugs For Science... - Huffington Post South Africa (blog) - February 9th, 2017
- So A Minister, A Rabbi And A Buddhist Took Drugs For Science... - Huffington Post - February 7th, 2017
- A conversation with Haroon Mirza - Ocula Magazine - February 6th, 2017
- Entheogen | Psychology Wiki | Fandom powered by Wikia - February 4th, 2017
- Entheogens and Spirituality | Kava | Kratom | Teacher Plants - December 25th, 2016
- What are endeogens entheogens? - 5-MeO- DMT - November 30th, 2016
- Homepage of Martin W Ball - November 30th, 2016
- Urban Dictionary: entheogen - October 8th, 2016
- Entheogen - New World Encyclopedia - October 3rd, 2016
- In A Perfect World | Free Podcasts | PodOmatic - September 29th, 2016
- Entheogens - Imprint - August 10th, 2016
- Entheogens - reddit - July 29th, 2016
- Q&A: On David Icke, Expectations, Unconditional Love, Deja ... - July 5th, 2016
- Q&A: On David Icke, Expectations, Unconditional Love, Deja ... - July 3rd, 2016
- Watch: Entering Godmode How Entheogens Tap ... - Reset.me - June 27th, 2016
- Entheogens: mescaline, LSD, LSA, ALD, psilocybin, DMT ... - June 22nd, 2016
- Entheogens - The SpiritWiki - June 21st, 2016
- CSP: Entheogens - Council on Spiritual Practices - June 21st, 2016
- Entheogens: Whats in a Name? The Untold History of ... - June 19th, 2016
- Entheogen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - June 17th, 2016
- Entheogens including Salvia, LSD, Peyote, and Mushrooms ... - June 17th, 2016
- Entheogens & Existential Intelligence: The Use of Plant ... - June 17th, 2016
- Entheogens & Existential Intelligence: The Use of Plant ... - June 16th, 2016
- Entheogens - Salvia Forum | Psychoactive Plants - June 12th, 2016
- Entheogens - Salvia Forum | Psychoactive Plants - June 10th, 2016