Bluebeard's Castle Resort solar system
The commercial solar system installed by ProSolar Systems at Bluebeard's Castle Resort in the Caribbean, featuring Enphase microinverters.
FREMONT, Calif., June 22, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Enphase Energy, Inc. (NASDAQ:ENPH), a global energy technology company and the worlds leading supplier of solar microinverters, today announced that ProSolar Systems, a US Virgin Islands-based solar engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC) firm, has used seventh-generation Enphase microinverters to restore and upgrade the commercial solar system at the historic Bluebeards Castle resort in St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands.
Bluebeards Castle resort solar system was initially commissioned in January 2014 with a rated capacity of 500 kW. Before the resort property and solar system were severely damaged by Hurricanes Irma and Maria in 2017, the system was composed of 1,887 solar modules and Enphase M250 microinverters, spanning 18 resort buildings and four ground-mounted arrays. The upgraded solar system features nearly 250 fewer solar modules, with 1,640 Enphase microinverters, but yields an upgraded system rating of 524 kW and projected annual energy savings of more than $350,000.
One of the most powerful aspects of using Enphase microinverters at Bluebeards Castle is that this complicated solar system is on a single, easy-to-use monitoring platform, which is a major help for long-term operations and maintenance work, said Ashley Edwards, project manager at ProSolar Systems. We were able to realize significant savings because the original Enphase M250 microinverters, cables, and other balance-of-system components linked right up with the new Enphase IQ 7 microinverters on a single platform. It was even possible to redeploy Enphase microinverters once attached to modules that had been mangled by the storm in a single, 90-module ground-mounted array. The Enphase Enlighten monitoring platform recognized and displayed that array alongside the new IQ 7 microinverters without missing a beat.
I worked for the company that originally installed the solar system at Bluebeards Castle in late 2013, at which time it was the largest privately-owned commercial solar system in the Caribbean, said Dan Chrisman, lead solar installer at ProSolar Systems. Enphase was the right choice for this complex project because it gave us a lot of design flexibility, while also offering ease of installation and simple commissioning. I am proud of how the new system for Bluebeards Castle has come together and appreciate the support Enphase has provided on some of the technical challenges inherent to the property.
The Enphase IQ 7 microinverter leverages Enphases 55 nm custom ASIC for higher reliability and better economies of scale. This high-performance microinverter is based on the unique, software-defined architecture from Enphase and features built-in support for Rapid Shutdown. Enphase microinverters are subjected to a rigorous reliability and quality testing regiment with over one million cumulative hours of test cycles in heat, high humidity, salty air, and extreme cold. Enphase IQ 7 microinverters are designed to be long-lived energy assets and do not contain complicated moving parts or easily breakable components, such as fans, and are backed by a 25-year warranty.
With the Bluebeards Castle project, the team at ProSolar has demonstrated it is one of the leaders in exploiting the full capabilities of the Enphase IQ system, and I commend them for this accomplishment, said Dave Ranhoff, chief commercial officer at Enphase Energy. Before Enphase releases a new product, we subject our microinverters to intense quality testing to ensure they are durable enough to survive extreme climate conditions, and its great to see ProSolar and its customers benefiting from this practice.
For more information about commercial and residential solar in Florida and across the Caribbean, please visit the ProSolar website, and for more information about commercial solar with Enphase IQ microinverters, please visit the Enphase Energy website.
About Enphase Energy, Inc.
Enphase Energy, a global energy technology company, delivers smart, easy-to-use solutions that manage solar generation, storage and communication on one intelligent platform. The Company revolutionized the solar industry with its microinverter technology and produces a fully integrated solar-plus-storage solution. Enphase has shipped more than 27 million microinverters, and over 1.1 million Enphase systems have been deployed in more than 130 countries. For more information, visit http://www.enphase.com and follow the company on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Enphase Energy, the Enphase logo, M250, IQ 7, IQ, Enlighten, and other trademarks or service names are the trademarks of Enphase Energy, Inc. Other names are for informational purposes and may be trademarks of their respective owners.
This press release may contain forward-looking statements, including statements related to the expected capabilities and performance of Enphase Energys technology and products such as efficiency, kWh production, and power output; our product quality, reliability and ease of installation and monitoring; potential energy cost savings realized from our products; and the quality of products and service provided by our partners. These forward-looking statements are based on Enphases current expectations and inherently involve significant risks and uncertainties. Actual results and the timing of events could differ materially from those anticipated in such forward-looking statements as a result of certain risks and uncertainties including those risks described in more detail in Enphases most recent Annual Report on Form 10-K and other documents on file with the SEC and available on the SECs website at http://www.sec.gov. Enphase Energy undertakes no duty or obligation to update any forward-looking statements contained in this release as a result of new information, future events or changes in its expectations, except as required by law.
Christian Zdebel, firstname.lastname@example.org, 484-788-2384
A photo accompanying this announcement is available at https://www.globenewswire.com/NewsRoom/AttachmentNg/340939ea-fc01-43a9-acbc-ff4b7626a5ae
The rest is here:
- Pirates Of The Caribbean 6: 5 Things We'd Want In A New Movie (& 5 That We Don't) - Screen Rant - August 13th, 2020
- The Pirates of the Caribbean cast: who was the best love interest? - Polygon - August 13th, 2020
- Forecasters monitoring weak tropical systems in Gulf, Caribbean and Atlantic - USA TODAY - July 21st, 2020
- Quarterly Mixed Migration Update Latin America and the Caribbean, Quarter 2, 2020 - World - ReliefWeb - July 21st, 2020
- Setback for Caribbean crash investigation as ditched helicopter sinks - DutchNews.nl - July 21st, 2020
- Rum Journal: Rude Bwoy and the Spirit of the Caribbean - Caribbean Journal - July 21st, 2020
- New Cuba bill puts a strain on US-Caribbean relations - Global Americans - July 21st, 2020
- A sign of things to come? Bahamas welcomed, then shut out U.S. travelers - CNBC - July 21st, 2020
- Inter-American Foundation and USAID Launch Joint Initiative to Foster Caribbean Disaster Resilience - US Embassy in Barbados - July 21st, 2020
- Amber Heard Describes Three-Day Hostage Situation With Johnny Depp During Pirates Of The Caribbean Shoot - Deadline - July 21st, 2020
- Latin America and Caribbean Travel & Tourism Competitiveness Landscape Report: Assessing Regional Opportunities and Challenges in the Context of... - July 21st, 2020
- The Caribbean is Re-Opening and Welcoming Visitors - South Florida Caribbean News - July 21st, 2020
- 5 Reasons The New Pirates Of The Caribbean Reboot Will Work (& 5 It Won't) - Screen Rant - July 21st, 2020
- REVIEW: Islands of the Caribbean Brings a Delicious New Flan to the Taste of EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival 2020 - wdwnt.com - July 21st, 2020
- Simmons Beseeches Batsmen to 'Stand Up' in Wake of Defeat - caribbeannationalweekly.com - July 21st, 2020
- Barbados Not Worried by US Threat Over Cuban Medical Missions - caribbeannationalweekly.com - July 21st, 2020
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Why Zoe Saldanas Anamaria Didnt Return - Screen Rant - July 21st, 2020
- Pirates Of The Caribbean Reboot: 5 Things You Need To Know About Margot Robbie (& 5 About Christina Hodson) - Screen Rant - July 21st, 2020
- "Return to Love" - A Song of Inspiration by Bajan Singer Krisirie - Caribbean News - caribbeannationalweekly.com - July 21st, 2020
- Art Caribbean Fusion Cuisine brings island experience to downtown GR - WOODTV.com - July 21st, 2020
- 5 Caribbean Vacation Destinations Reopening This Summer - The New York Times - July 5th, 2020
- With Europe off limits, US travelers look to the Caribbean - CNN - July 5th, 2020
- Latin America and the Caribbean Region COVID-19 Situation Report No. 5 (Reporting Period: 1 - 30 June 2020) - Argentina - ReliefWeb - July 5th, 2020
- Can Margot Robbie save Pirates of the Caribbean from irrelevance? - The Guardian - July 5th, 2020
- Jamaica becomes first Caribbean nation to submit tougher climate plan to UN - Climate Home - July 5th, 2020
- Caribbean Unveils Initiatives To Support Reopening Tourism - South Florida Caribbean News - July 5th, 2020
- Don't Worry, 'Pirates of the Caribbean' Hasn't Replaced Jack Sparrow -- At Least Not Yet - Showbiz Cheat Sheet - July 5th, 2020
- Royal Caribbean Shares Update on Cruising Start Date and the Future of the Buffet - TravelPulse - July 5th, 2020
- Garca: DR will regain its leadership in the Caribbean with the arrival of thousands of tourists - Dominican Today - July 5th, 2020
- Andersen Global Expands in the Caribbean - Financial Post - July 5th, 2020
- Le Creusets New Lotus Collection Has The Perfect Caribbean Blue Color - Yahoo Lifestyle - July 5th, 2020
- Steps towards Blue Carbon mitigation under NDCs in Latin America and the Caribbean - Center for International Forestry Research - July 5th, 2020
- July Best Bets: East Coast and Caribbean -- Biding Time Until the Dust Settles and Hurricane Surf Arrives? - Surfline.com Surf News - July 5th, 2020
- How to Visit Saint Lucia And Where You Can Stay - Caribbean Journal - July 5th, 2020
- A Guide to the Caribbean Islands Reopening this Summer - Cond Nast Traveler - June 22nd, 2020
- Elite Island Resorts Readying to Reopen in Caribbean Paradise - TravelPulse - June 22nd, 2020
- 8 Caribbean Islands That Are Reopening to US Travelers This Summerand Where to Stay When You Get There - Robb Report - June 22nd, 2020
- DIY Pirates of the Caribbean Skeleton Fountain - Inside the Magic - June 22nd, 2020
- Traveling to the US Virgin Islands, Explained Caribbean Journal - Caribbean Journal - June 22nd, 2020
- Ritz-Carlton Reserve Reopening in Puerto Rico Caribbean Journal - Caribbean Journal - June 22nd, 2020
- Virgin Atlantic to fly to Miami, Johannesburg and the Caribbean from August - Evening Standard - June 22nd, 2020
- Latin America and Caribbean exceed 2m cases as it happened - The Guardian - June 22nd, 2020
- Caribbean business leaders worried about second wave of COVID-19 - Jamaica Gleaner - June 22nd, 2020
- Why Carnival, Royal Caribbean, and Norwegian Cruise Stocks Just Got Torpedoed and Are Going Down - Motley Fool - June 22nd, 2020
- Saharan Dust Could Spread to Caribbean, Gulf of Mexico and US Into Next Week - The Weather Channel - June 17th, 2020
- When Are Popular Vacation Spots in the Caribbean and Mexico Reopening? - InsideHook - June 17th, 2020
- Pack a mask with your swimsuit the Caribbeans reopening - Boston Herald - June 17th, 2020
- Latin America & the Caribbean countries need to spend more and better on health to be better able to face a major health emergency like COVID-19... - June 17th, 2020
- Food systems and COVID-19 in Latin America and the Caribbean: The opportunity for digital transformation (Bulletin 8) - Guatemala - ReliefWeb - June 17th, 2020
- St Barth to Reopen for Tourism on June 22 Caribbean Journal - Caribbean Journal - June 17th, 2020
- Reopening Tourism Tracker Launched for the Caribbean | Business - The Weekly Journal - June 17th, 2020
- The Caribbean, Uniquely Vulnerable to COVID-19, May Take Years to Recover - World Politics Review - June 17th, 2020
- Jamaican Appointed as New IFC Regional Manager for the Caribbean - caribbeannationalweekly.com - June 17th, 2020
- Caribbean Hotel and Tourism Association Introduces Reopening Tracker - TravelPulse - June 17th, 2020
- Karisma Hotels to Reopen in Mexico and Caribbean - RusTourismNews - June 17th, 2020
- Haitians join with Caribbean community to demand justice - Haitian Times - June 17th, 2020
- Why Carnival Corporation, Norwegian Cruise, and Royal Caribbean Stocks All Popped Today - The Motley Fool - June 17th, 2020
- DaniLeigh and Fivio Foreign head to the Caribbean for Dominican Mami visual - REVOLT TV - June 17th, 2020
- Latin America and Caribbean Market for Hosted IP Telephony and UCaaS: Increased Remote Working Due to COVID-19 Opens Up Interesting Opportunities for... - June 17th, 2020
- Pirates of the Caribbean 6 release date, cast, plot and trailer - Looper - June 17th, 2020
- When Can We Return To The Caribbean? - Forbes - May 19th, 2020
- Outlook into the Latin America and the Caribbean Furniture Market to 2021 - ResearchAndMarkets.com - Business Wire - May 19th, 2020
- Latin America & The Caribbean - Weekly Situation Update (11-17 May 2020) As of 18 May 2020 - World - ReliefWeb - May 19th, 2020
- Joint statement by the heads of the Organisation of African, Caribbean and Pacific States, the Caribbean Community, and the Pacific Islands Forum... - May 19th, 2020
- Esri and IDB Offer Solution to Combat COVID-19 in Latin America and the Caribbean - Geospatial World - May 19th, 2020
- 4 Incredible Experiences to Have in the Caribbean - Femina - May 19th, 2020
- IDB, Esri offer solutions to combat COVID-19 in the Caribbean - Jamaica Observer - May 19th, 2020
- UK Armed Forces step up support to the Caribbean Overseas Territories during coronavirus pandemic - GOV.UK - May 19th, 2020
- Over 1,000 Jamaicans on Royal Caribbean cleared to disembark - Stabroek News - May 19th, 2020
- US Deportations Are Exporting COVID-19 to Latin America and the Caribbean - Truthout - May 19th, 2020
- Royal Caribbean Can Make It Through to 2021, but Whats Next? - Yahoo Finance - May 19th, 2020
- Ambassador Edmunds recent comments on Caribbean tourism in recent Latin America Advisor publication of the Inter-American Dialogue - The Voice St.... - May 19th, 2020
- Good news for visitors to the Caribbean as St Lucia looks to open borders from June 4 - The Voice Online - May 19th, 2020
- Five Caribbean countries among 100 to get World Bank aid - Nation News - May 19th, 2020
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean 6' producer breaks silence over Johnny Depp's future - Micky News - May 19th, 2020
- Popular Caribbean joint in Toronto is now doing roti meal kits for takeout and delivery - blogTO - May 19th, 2020
- 5 Caribbean Islands Where You Can Go Beyond the Beach - The New York Times - March 5th, 2020
- Caribbean tourism threatened by the region's first cases of COVID-19 - Global Voices - March 5th, 2020
- Is This The Next Big Vacation Spot In The Caribbean? - Forbes - March 5th, 2020
- Cruises and the Coronavirus: What Passengers Need to Know - The New York Times - March 5th, 2020