It uses its database of 165,000 patients to advance psilocybin research, develop products and partner with leaders in the field
Empower Clinics Inc () (OTCMKTS:EPWCF), a vertically integrated life sciences company, said Tuesday that it intends to leverage its existing clinic network, the developing franchise brand, its 165,000 patients and product development capability, to create psilocybin and psychedelics subsidiaries.
In a statement, the company said it has been conducting market research on advancements in psilocybin and psychedelics in North America and globally, along with building the business case internally on how to create greater shareholder value, utilizing company assets that include clinics, patients, physicians and technology.
"There is an undeniable mental health crisis in our country and around the world, that has an ever-increasing, devastating affect on our society," said Empower Clinics CEO Steven McAuley.
"Empower is uniquely positioned to immediately impact research, develop new products and bring advancements to plant-based therapies, under a framework of rapidly increasing awareness and a movement toward decriminalization of psychedelic treatment options," he added.
The company said studies are finding that psilocybin the active agent in magic mushrooms could treat addiction, depression, anxiety and mental health conditions like post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), end-of-life psychological distress.
"Over the past seven years, we have assisted over 100,000 patients obtain access to alternative health care and medicinal cannabis. The provision of legal access to psilocybin therapies are perfectly in-line with our philosophy of providing a Scientific Approach to Alternative Medicine", said Dustin Klein, senior vice president, business development at Empower Clinics.
"Clinical trials have shown that psilocybin therapies provide tremendous help with conditions we see everyday in our clinics. It is our responsibility, to make sure we are providing the most up-to-date alternative therapies to our patients and our community," added Klein, who is also a director in the company.
The company said the mental health crisis could cost the world $16 trillion by 2030, andFuture Market Insights estimates that the global behavioral health (non-pharmacological) market will be around $156 billion by 2028.
The US Food and Drug Administration has granted "breakthrough therapy" status to both the Usona Institute and Compass Pathways, allowing clinical trials to advance. For the first time in US history, a psychedelic drug is on the fast track to getting approved for treating depression by the federal government. Last October, Compass Pathways, a UK-based company that develops mental health treatments, said the FDA granted it breakthrough therapy designation for its trials into psilocybin, the psychoactive ingredient in psychedelic mushrooms.
On a separate note, Empower Clinics said it has issued Haywood Securities Inc., fourmillion shares under a financial advisory agreement dated September 25, based on its completion of a final written SWOT analysis. The company said the shares issued are priced at fair market value.
The Vancouver-based company is a leading operator of a network of wellness clinics throughout the US that are geared towards helping patients improve and protect their health through physician-recommended treatment options such as CBD.
The firm also produces a proprietary line of CBD-based products distributed throughout the US.
The companys CBD is manufactured under the brand name Solievo, and the Sun Valley Health Clinics operate at nine locations in the US. It is the operator of an extraction facility in Oregon.
Contact the author Uttara Choudhury at[emailprotected]
Follow her onTwitter:@UttaraProactive
See original here:
- This Trippy Oregon Theme Park Is A Low-Key Psychedelic Playground - Thrillist - May 15th, 2020
- EGF Theramed Appoints George Anstey to Board of Directors - Benzinga - May 15th, 2020
- Empower Clinics and EuroLife Brands Close Definitive Agreement and Sign Multi-Year Multi-National Licence Agreement - GuruFocus.com - May 15th, 2020
- Have a Good Trip Demystifies Psychedelics - The New Republic - May 14th, 2020
- Investing in Psychedelics - Energy and Capital - May 14th, 2020
- Psilocybin May be the Key to Treating a Range of Health Issues, Including Obesity - Baystreet.ca - May 14th, 2020
- Movie review: Netflix's 'Have a Good Trip' is only a mild high - Eagle-Tribune - May 14th, 2020
- Psychedelics - Alcohol and Drug Foundation - May 10th, 2020
- Celebrities share LSD trips in Netflix documentary 'Have A Good Trip' - Insider - INSIDER - May 10th, 2020
- The Queen of Consciousness Driving Psychedelic Study and Advocacy - Filter - May 10th, 2020
- The 'Billions' Stock Watch: It's Time For Psychedelics And Subterfuge - UPROXX - May 10th, 2020
- Have a Good Trip: Netflix release and cast as celebrities recall mind-bending experiences - Mirror Online - May 10th, 2020
- From "Solar Opposites" to "Midnight Gospel," recent otherworldly animation is worth the head-trip - Salon - May 10th, 2020
- Netflix Reveals Celebrities' Wildest Drug Trips, From Anthony Bourdain to Carrie Fisher - The Daily Beast - May 10th, 2020
- Psychedelic mushrooms for depression: 'This is the one that changed things' - DW (English) - April 26th, 2020
- MindMed wants to develop a drug to help end a bad LSD trip - Fast Company - April 26th, 2020
- Netflixs The Midnight Gospel Is a Profoundly Weird Psychedelic Trip You Want To Take - Mashable India - April 26th, 2020
- Professor describes uses and history of hallucinogens - The Daily Evergreen - April 26th, 2020
- Media Central moves to provide coverage on emerging Psychedelics and eGames sectors - Proactive Investors USA & Canada - April 26th, 2020
- This video game does the same things to your brain as magic mushrooms - Happy Mag - April 26th, 2020
- Inborn Psychedelia on White Nights' Into the Lap of the Ancient Mother - Invisible Oranges - April 26th, 2020
- Cannabis Countdown: Top 10 Marijuana And Psychedelic Stock News Stories Of The Week - Yahoo Finance - April 9th, 2020
- Psychedelic mushrooms could affect the brain long after its active ingredient leaves the system - The Next Web - April 9th, 2020
- We Could Be Taking Psychedelics to Help Treat Mental Illness in Just Five Years - Newsweek - April 7th, 2020
- Magic mushrooms to treat depression? COMPASS Pathways pushes forward with U.S. patent for psilocybin therapy - Straight.com - April 7th, 2020
- Key Insights from PSYCH: The Psychedelics as Medicine Report - Prohibition Partners - March 18th, 2020
- Cannabis Countdown: Top 10 Marijuana And Psychedelic Stock News Stories Of The Week - Benzinga - March 18th, 2020
- With No Progress in Therapy, NYC Couple Turns to Psychedelics for Help - NBC New York - March 13th, 2020
- Upscale Psychedelics Therapy Center Opens On New Yorks 5th Avenue - Forbes - March 13th, 2020
- Why Kevin O'Leary is betting on psychedelics - Wealth Professional - March 13th, 2020
- Learning the hard way that psychedelic drug use can have long-term consequences - Dailyuw - March 13th, 2020
- Forget taking a pill a day. Canada is using psychedelics to revolutionize the way we treat mental health and addiction - The GrowthOp - March 13th, 2020
- High Stakes: Will The Legalization Of Psychedelics Mimic That Of Cannabis? Will It Learn From Its Mistakes? - Benzinga - March 13th, 2020
- Scientists Just Proved These Two Brain Networks Are Key to Consciousness - Singularity Hub - March 13th, 2020
- Cannabis Countdown: Top 10 Marijuana Stock News Stories Of The Week - MarketWatch - March 13th, 2020
- Podcast Host Joe Rogan Is Steadily Documenting A Psychedelic Record Of The 21st Century - Forbes - February 27th, 2020
- The Psilocybin Movement Is Like The Cannabis Movement (Except When It's Not) - Benzinga - February 27th, 2020
- Researchers went to festivals to study psychedelic drugs and found they left people feeling happy and connected hours after the high wore off -... - January 22nd, 2020
- Psychedelics and Their 'Mystical Effects' in the Real World - Medscape - January 22nd, 2020
- Psychedelic Events Are Going Mainstream, Where The Much-Maligned Mushroom Industry Focuses On Mental Health - Forbes - January 18th, 2020
- Psychedelics have 'extraordinarily potent' anti-inflammatory power. Is there a place for them in mainstream medicine? - Genetic Literacy Project - January 18th, 2020
- Silicon Valley Is Micro-Dosing Magic Mushrooms To Boost Their Careers - Forbes - January 18th, 2020
- NYC To Host Economics Of Psychedelics Investing Summit - Benzinga - January 18th, 2020
- The Best FREE Things to Do for the Next Week - My New Orleans - January 18th, 2020
- Photos of the Stuff That Fascinates People While They're Tripping On LSD - VICE - January 18th, 2020
- Rats on DMT hint at the benefits of psychedelic microdosing - Inverse - December 31st, 2019
- BEYOND LOCAL: Would you ever consider psychedelics to treat PTSD? - SooToday.com - December 31st, 2019
- A Trailblazer of Global Consciousness: Ram Dass Led the Way - Psychology Today - December 31st, 2019
- The Psychedelic Renaissance and the importance of drug policy reform - Open Access Government - December 13th, 2019
- Magic Mushrooms Move Closer to Mainstream Medicine As VC-Backed Compass Touts Safety, Positive Mood Alteration - Karma - December 13th, 2019
- Miami Clinics Use Ketamine IV Therapy to Help Treat Depression and PTSD - Miami New Times - December 13th, 2019
- Andy Frasco Talks Finding Emotional Balance With Psychedelics On 'Psychedelics Today' Podcast [Listen] - Live for Live Music - November 30th, 2019
- Will psychedelics be available commonly in the near future? - BPhrm Dv - November 30th, 2019
- Letters to the Editor: Psychedelics on their way - Valley Advocate - November 30th, 2019
- Scientists Have a Fascinating New Map of the Human Brain on DMT - VICE - November 30th, 2019
- Hes a fungi: U.S. health agency asks researcher to give it the lowdown on psilocybin mushrooms - The GrowthOp - November 30th, 2019
- A Magic Mushroom Test Case, and the Man Behind It - OZY - November 30th, 2019
- The Two Black Women Helping To Reclaim & Encourage Natural Psychedelics Use In Oakland - Okayplayer - November 2nd, 2019
- Molecule Catalyst and UTM to crowdfund psychedelics research with blockchain - Decrypt - November 2nd, 2019
- On writing: What illuminates a story? - Big Think - November 2nd, 2019
- The future of psychedelic science - Varsity - October 20th, 2019
- Psychedelic Drugs: Researchers experimenting with active agent in magic mushrooms to treat addiction, depression and anxiety - 60 Minutes - CBS News - October 17th, 2019
- Investors hope psychedelics are the new cannabis. Are they high? - The Economist - October 17th, 2019
- Mind Trip: Psychedelics Fighting Depression, Anxiety, Addiction - The National Herald - October 17th, 2019
- Devon Welsh on Growing a Mustache, Psychedelics, and Other Complicated Things - Interview - October 17th, 2019
- Roland Griffiths: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know - Heavy.com - October 17th, 2019
- How Mushrooms Became Magic - The Atlantic - August 25th, 2017
- Using Mushrooms and LSD to Enhance Creativity - How to Use ... - August 20th, 2017
- LSD - Psychedelics - August 16th, 2017
- This Philosopher Thinks Psychedelic Drugs Lead to the Truth of Experience - Big Think - August 16th, 2017
- Can Psychedelics Treat Bipolar Disorder? - August 13th, 2017
- The foundation of Western philosophy is probably rooted in psychedelics - Quartz - August 13th, 2017
- Psychedelic drugs saved my life. So why aren't they prescribed? - Wired.co.uk - August 8th, 2017
- Daniel Greig, Canadian Drug Policy, Responsibilities, and Psychedelics - The Good Men Project (blog) - August 6th, 2017
- THE FUTURE OF PSYCHEDELICS: Are LSD and Mushrooms The New Prozac? - Dope Magazine - August 5th, 2017
- Gonzo Nieto, Drug Policy, Medical and Psychological Effects - The Good Men Project (blog) - August 3rd, 2017
- For children, it's beyond psychedelics - The Hans India - The Hans India - August 1st, 2017
- Modern psychedelic science is reviving lost research and finding new cures - The Plaid Zebra (blog) - August 1st, 2017
- Expanding consciousness - 48 Hills - August 1st, 2017
- What Has Awe Done for Me Lately? - HuffPost - July 31st, 2017