Unless you've been living under a rock, you know who Elon Musk is. He does many things. Many people know him for being the CEO and co-founder of Tesla, but he's also the CEO and founder of Space X (an aerospace manufacturer and space transportation services company), The Boring Company (infrastructure and tunnel construction services company), Neuralink (neurotechnology company), SolarCity (solar energy services), and many other companies and projects.
He is also kind of crazy, he gets frequently involved on Twitter rants, shares memes, and he named his kid X A-12. Yes, that's right, he recently had a kid with Canadian pop singer Grimes and named the baby X A-12. Which we recently learned from his new interview with Joe Rogan that it's pronounced X = X (letter X); = Ash; A-12 (Archangel, his favorite aircraft).
Besides wanting the human race to become a multi-planetary species, and wanting us to become cyborgs, he is also a gearhead; he has a history with cars that goes back many years even before Tesla.
In this list, you're going to take a look at ten facts that prove that Elon Musk is really a huge gearhead.
In 1999 Elon Musk ordered a Mclaren F1, as you can see in this old CNN interview, where he was taking a look at his brand new carfor the first time; back then, he was younger, balder, and had a thicker Southafrican accent. Even back then,you can tell that he was a true gear head.
After selling his company, Zip2, for 400 million dollars cash, Elon bought an F1.The Mclaren F1 was the fastest car at the time, only 64 of these cars were made, and Elon paid one million dollars at the time for one of them.
He used to daily-drive this car, and a year later, he wrecked it while showing off the car's capabilities to investor Peter Thiel (co-founder of PayPal). The craziest thing about this story is that the car didn't have insurance.
Related:15 Facts About McLaren Supercars And How Theyre Made
In a tweet, back in 2017, Musk revealed that he owned only two gas cars. One of them is a Ford Model T that a friend gave to him.
The model T was the first affordable vehicle; it was the vehicle that came to revolutionize the world. Before the Model T, people used horses, and only very wealthy people were able to buy cars, this has certain parallelism with the Model 3, Elons idea is to revolutionize the automotive world, making electric cars affordable and practical for everyone.
Related:Here's What Elon Musk Used To Drive Before Tesla
The other gas car Elon owns is a Jaguar E-type.This British sports car is one of the most beautiful cars ever made. It was produced from 1961 to 1975 in two body styles, roadster and coupe. Its not clear which of these two Elon owns, but either way, both are beautiful cars.
Related:15 Things To Be Aware Of Before Buying The 2020 Jaguar F-Type
Back in 2012 Elon owned an Audi Q7 and a Porsche 911, he recently had things to say about the new Porsche Taycan, a model that aims at part of tesla's market as a high-end, high-performance electric sedan. Elon's thing with porsche was also present at the launch of the Cybertruck prototype; when he compared the performance of the truck to that of a 911.
This car belonged in the 1977 James Bond Movie 'The Spy Who Loved Me', and Elon was always amazed by this vehicle since he was a kid, and in 2013, he paid 920,000 dollars at an auction to get this car. The blocky and angular design of this vehicle drew inspiration in Musk for the Cybretruk prototype.
It's no secret that Elon enjoys driving, he daily-drove his Mclaren F1 back then, and he daily drives his teslas today. He's been seen driving his Cybertruck around Los Angeles on many occasions. According to one of his tweets, the cars he drives the most are his Model S Performance, then a Model 3, and a Model X if he's driving with his kids.
Related:15 Things We Learned About Tesla's New Cybertruck
All of Tesla's vehicles are super fast. The Model X is the quickest SUV on the market with a 0-60 mph of just 2.9 seconds; this 3 row SUV is faster than most supercars. Same with the Model 3 performance, as well as the Model S. Elon has made sure Tesla's cars are fast and sporty.
Elons roadster served as a dummy payload for a Falcon Heavy test flight. The car was set free on space with a mannequin dressed in a spacesuit. The Roadster is now wandering around space.
Its predicted that radiation will start destroying parts of this car while in space, and that the only parts that will last are the aluminum frame, inert metals and glass (not shattered by meteoroids).This car is the only production vehicle outside the planet earth.
Trucks have been the same for 100 years, and Elon wants the first Tesla truck to re-invent how trucks are. With its stainless steel monocoque construction (Elon calls it ''exoskeleton''), the Cybertruck moves the stress from the frame to the skin of the vehicle. Allowing in this way to have a better towing capability as well as a more durable body.
Before Tesla, electric cars were slow, expensive, and had a very short range in terms of autonomy. In a way, Elon did with Tesla what Ford did with the Model T. Tesla has set the standard for electric cars, and thanks to its success, now we see every automaker making efforts to came out with better electric cars.
Sources: Business Insider, Autoblog, Youtube
Next:These Are The 10 Cars We Hope To See In The US From The PSA-FCA Merger
Next15 Supercars That Deserved Life But Were Discontinued
Augusto Bove is an International Commerce graduate based in Montevideo Uruguay.He's been obsessed with cars since he was a kid. Expert on international automotive markets. Frustrated designer. Dad of 2 puppies. Always looking for a new place to hike.
Read the original post:
- Reduction in Insomnia Symptoms Associated with Non-invasive Neurotechnology - Newswise - September 19th, 2020
- Your thoughts can be displayed on this cyborg garment - ZDNet - September 19th, 2020
- Facial RecognitionMarket 2020 Industry Analysis by Type, Application, End-User and Region : NEC Corporation, Aware, Inc., Ayonix Corporation, Cognitec... - September 19th, 2020
- AI-based brain monitoring and robotic muscle projects win 11.5m EPSRC boost | Imperial News - Imperial College London - September 19th, 2020
- Mobile Biometrics Market Analysis Technological Innovation by Leading Industry Experts and Forecast to 2028 - The Daily Chronicle - September 19th, 2020
- MOBILE BIOMETRICS MARKET TO SET PHENOMENAL GROWTH WITH KEY VENDORS | EGIS TECHNOLOGY INC.; SHENZHEN GOODIX TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD.; SYNAPTICS... - September 19th, 2020
- Neurotechnology Market Poised to Grow at a Healthy CAGR of XX% During the Forecast Period 2017 2025 - 3rd Watch News - July 21st, 2020
- Fingerprint Biometrics In The VAR Market 2020 by Innovations, New Technology And Research- Fulcrum Biometrics, Neurotechnology, 360 Biometrics,... - July 21st, 2020
- NASA warns of a massive asteroid bigger than the famous London Eye approaching Earth on July 24 - Business Insider India - July 21st, 2020
- Facial Recognition Market 2025: Research By Top Manufacturers with Market Size,Market Growth, Competitive Regions with Opportunities in Industry -... - July 21st, 2020
- Global and Country Specific Neural Control Market Report 2020 Forecast, Opportunities and Strategies To 2027: COVID 19 Impact and Recovery Top Key... - July 21st, 2020
- Neurosurgery Market Growth, Analysis, Regions and Type by 2026 - 3rd Watch News - July 21st, 2020
- The FINANCIAL - Neuralink chip will stream music into your brain - The FINANCIAL - July 21st, 2020
- Facial Recognition Market 2020 Size By Product Types, End-Users, Regional Outlook, Growth Potential, Price Trends And Forecast To 2025 - Cole of Duty - July 21st, 2020
- MOBILE BIOMETRICS MARKET TRENDS, TECHNOLOGY AND FORECAST | BY TOP COMPANIES APPLE INC.; IDEMIA; NUANCE COMMUNICATIONS Cole of Duty - Cole of Duty - July 8th, 2020
- Image Recognition Market Potential Growth, Share, Demand and Analysis of Key Players Research Forecasts - Apsters News - July 8th, 2020
- Global Neurotechnology Market to Witness Rapid Development During the Period 2017 2025 - Jewish Life News - July 5th, 2020
- Fingerprint Biometrics in VAR Market Overview With Detailed Analysis, Competitive Landscape, Forecast to 2026|Delaney Secure, Neurotechnology, 360... - July 5th, 2020
- Neurotechnology Market by Technology, Solutions, Application, Price, Demand Ana - News by aeresearch - July 5th, 2020
- Technological Advancements in Automatic Speech Recognition Software Market to boost Revenues Through COVID-19 Crisis Phase and Forecast to 2029 - NJ... - July 5th, 2020
- Face Recognition Market IN COVID-19: IMPLICATIONS AND BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES FOR GROWTH GLOBALLY - 3rd Watch News - July 5th, 2020
- COVID-19 Impact on Neurotechnology Market Research Report, Growth Trends and Competitive Analysis 2020-2025 - 3rd Watch News - June 1st, 2020
- Neuroverse BrainStation System Featured as the Brain-based Sleep Monitoring Solution in a YouTube Originals Series to Promote Sleep Awareness -... - June 1st, 2020
- Facial Recognition Market Analysis 2019-2025 Emerging Trends, Growth Drivers, Challengers, Services, Competitive Landscape and Regional Outlook &... - June 1st, 2020
- Facial Recognition System Market Drivers is Responsible to for Increasing Market Share, Forecast 2026 - Cole of Duty - June 1st, 2020
- VTB Bank to launch research centre in Russia with Skolkovo Foundation - Verdict - May 27th, 2020
- Neurotechnology tops FVC-onGoing biometric test results with fingerprint recognition tech - Biometric Update - May 23rd, 2020
- Global Neurotechnology Market SHARE, SIZE 2020| EMERGING RAPIDLY WITH LATEST TRENDS, GROWTH, REVENUE, DEMAND AND FORECAST TO 2026 Cole Reports - Cole... - May 23rd, 2020
- Will Elon Musk's Neuralink Shape the Future of Humanity? - Oxford Student - May 23rd, 2020
- Facial Recognition Market Global Future Investment Initiatives, Growing with Technology Development, New Innovations, Competitive Analysis and... - May 23rd, 2020
- Smell cameras built to detect explosives on planes - The Nation - May 11th, 2020
- Airbus working on sensors that can detect coronavirus - International Business Times, Singapore Edition - May 11th, 2020
- Fingerprint Biometrics In The VAR Market Analysis, Size, Outlook, Competitive Strategies and Forecasts to 2025 - Herald Writeup - May 11th, 2020
- Navigating the New Normal With COVID-19: 12 Essential Actions Executives Need To Take Right Now - OPEN MINDS - April 18th, 2020
- Discover How to Easily Teach Neuroscience to Your Kids - Thrive Global - April 18th, 2020
- CHIME: How Yale's Engineers and Doctors are Innovating to Combat COVID-19 - Yale News - April 18th, 2020
- The Coronavirus is Driving the 1st World Headlong into The Fourth Industrial Revolution - Live Trading News - April 18th, 2020
- The Global Face Recognition Market is expected to grow from USD 3,546.56 Million in 2019 to USD 9,992.35 Million by the end of 2025 at a Compound... - April 18th, 2020
- Neurotechnology Market Forecast with Top Companies, Growth Factors, Classification, Regional Analysis, Development Factors and Bedding Fabrics... - March 31st, 2020
- MOBILE BIOMETRICS MARKET TRENDS, TECHNOLOGY AND FORECAST | BY TOP COMPANIES APPLE INC.; IDEMIA; NUANCE COMMUNICATIONS, INC.; NEC CORPORATION - Skyline... - March 31st, 2020
- Face Recognition Market Discover How Increased Adoption of Among Developing Economies Offers A Major Opportunity in Industry - Skyline Gazette - March 31st, 2020
- Stryker to participate in Cowen 40th Annual Health Care Conference - Yahoo Finance - February 26th, 2020
- Non-fiction reviews: One Blade of Grass and three other titles - The Sydney Morning Herald - February 14th, 2020
- Elon Musk promises to have the Neuralink brain chip in a human this year - Inceptive Mind - February 9th, 2020
- CES 2020: The symbiosis of human and machine - The Drum - January 29th, 2020
- Stryker (SYK) to Report Q4 Earnings: What's in the Cards? - Yahoo Finance - January 29th, 2020
- United States Air Force Plans to "Aim High" Leveraging the Science of Neuroplasticity - Yahoo Finance - January 26th, 2020
- MarketsandMarkets forecasts the global facial recognition market size to grow from USD 3.2 billion in 2019 to USD 7.0 billion by 2024, at a CAGR of... - January 26th, 2020
- Wearable technology drives Phoenix to be leader in innovation - AZ Big Media - January 26th, 2020
- Eli Lilly's Acquisition Strategy, And Other News: The Good, Bad And Ugly Of Biopharma - Seeking Alpha - January 26th, 2020
- Neurotechnology Market Trends, Key Players, Overview, Competitive Breakdown and Regional Forecast by 2025 - Filmi Baba - December 26th, 2019
- designboom 2020 TECH PREDICTIONS: cyborgs and brainjacking - Designboom - December 26th, 2019
- Neurotechnology firm partners two care facilities with eye movement platform - Med-Tech Innovation - December 13th, 2019
- SyncThinks eye-tracking helps monitor brain health and concussion risk - VentureBeat - December 12th, 2019
- These were the 15 best CEOs of 2019 - Business Insider - December 12th, 2019
- Worldwide Facial Recognition Market Latest Research By Business Expansion Plans, Industry Demand Status & Forecast 2028 - Tech News Today - December 12th, 2019
- Neurotechnology Market Report 2019 | Industry Size, Share, Trend And Forecast Is A Professional And In-Depth Study By 2026 - Alpha News Report - December 6th, 2019
- Trying to read the 'mind of a group' shapes our decisions online - Futurity: Research News - December 6th, 2019
- Global Facial Recognition Market Top Key Players, Regions and Application Outlook Upto 2019 to 2028 - Industry Planning - December 6th, 2019
- Neurotechnology startup NextMind unveils world's first brain-sensing wearable that delivers real-time device control with just your thoughts -... - November 23rd, 2019
- NextMind Unveils World's First Brain-Sensing Wearable That Delivers Real-Time Device Control With Just Your Thoughts - Business Wire - November 23rd, 2019
- Neurotechnology and the Future of Hope - Robotics Tomorrow (press release) - August 25th, 2017
- Canaccord Genuity Keeps Rating And Raises Price Target On Stryker Corporation (SYK) - Modern Readers - August 25th, 2017
- Technology Key to Fighting Neurological Disease - R & D Magazine - August 25th, 2017
- Could this back-pain device end need for opioids? - The Columbus Dispatch - August 20th, 2017
- In the Future, Humans Will Use Brain to Brain Communication and Download Their Memories If Elon Musk Has His Way - Newsweek - August 14th, 2017
- Open-source Morpheo Platform to Use Artificial Intelligence to Help Diagnose Sleep Disorders - Sleep Review - August 8th, 2017
- Stryker Exceeded Analysts' Sales Estimates in 2Q17 - Market Realist - August 2nd, 2017
- Elon Musk talks of his life's 'highs' and 'lows' in a few painfully honest tweets - Mashable - July 31st, 2017
- Team Neurotechnology Innovations Translator - July 30th, 2017
- Stryker Corporation (NYSE:SYK) and Uroplasty (UPI) Financial Survey - Stock Observer - July 29th, 2017
- Tufts Hosts Engineering Conference - Tufts Now - July 28th, 2017
- Stryker reports 6.1% Q2 growth, installs 26 Mako systems: 7 things ... - Becker's Orthopedic & Spine - July 28th, 2017
- Arshya Vahabzadeh: Innovating at the Intersection of Brain, Behavior, and Technology - HuffPost - July 27th, 2017
- Capstone Asset Management Company Has Boosted By $555078 Its Raytheon Co (RTN) Holding, Stryker (SYK)'s ... - Herald KS - July 26th, 2017
- Trivascular Technologies (TRIV) & Stryker Corporation (SYK) Critical Review - Stock Observer - July 26th, 2017
- fMRI, EEG Tests May Detect Consciousness in Severe TBI Patients - PsychCentral.com - July 24th, 2017
- BRAIN center gathers to ponder future, direction - Arizona State University - July 20th, 2017
- Preserving the Right to Cognitive Liberty - Scientific American - July 19th, 2017
- Comparing Uroplasty (UPI) and Stryker Corporation (NYSE:SYK) - The Cerbat Gem - July 18th, 2017