August 23, 2017 16:01 ET | Source: EDAP TMS SA
EDAP-TMS Reports Record Second Quarter and First Half 2017 Results
LYON, France, August 23, 2017 -- EDAP TMS SA (Nasdaq: EDAP), the global leader in therapeutic ultrasound, announced today financial results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2017, and provided an update on strategic and operational accomplishments.
"We are incredibly pleased to announce record second quarter revenue of 9.3 million", said Marc Oczachowski, EDAP's Chief Executive Officer. "Additionally, the 25% growth in HIFU revenues compared to the first quarter of 2017 shows a significant return from our increased sales and marketing efforts. We also submitted our 510(k) filing to the FDA for our novel Ablatherm Fusion device recently, and are working to file a new 510(k) application with the FDA for the Focal One device in the U.S. The addition of these HIFU devices to our U.S. marketing efforts, coupled with the active C-Code, should serve to help our customers service the widest possible range of patients."
Second Quarter 2017 Results
Total revenue for the second quarter 2017 was EUR 9.3 million (USD 10.4 million), compared to EUR 8.2 million (USD 9.2 million) for the second quarter of 2016, a 13.7% increase and the highest second quarter revenue in EDAP's history.
For the three months ended June 30, 2017, total revenue for the Lithotripsy division was EUR 6.4 million (USD 7.2 million), a 33.9% increase compared to EUR 4.8 million (USD 5.4 million) during the year-ago period. During the second quarter of 2017, EDAP sold 7 lithotripsy devices compared to 6 lithotripsy devices sold during the second quarter of 2016.
Total revenue in the HIFU business for the second quarter was EUR 2.9 million (USD 3.2 million) compared to EUR 3.4 million (USD 3.8 million) for the second quarter of 2016. During the second quarter of 2017, EDAP sold 1 Focal One and 2 Ablatherm HIFU devices compared to 1 Focal One and 3 Ablatherm devices during the second quarter of 2016.
Gross profit for the second quarter 2017 was EUR 4.0 million (USD 4.5 million), compared to EUR 3.5 million (USD 3.9 million) for the year-ago period. Gross profit margin on net sales expanded to 43.2% in the second quarter of 2017, compared to 42.2% in the prior year period, primarily due to increase in revenues.
Operating expenses for the second quarter of 2017 totaled EUR 4.4 million (USD 5.0 million) for the second quarter of 2017, compared to EUR 3.8 million (USD 4.3 million) for the same period in 2016. The increase reflects increased sales and marketing efforts associated with the expansion of the HIFU and UDS businesses.
Operating loss for the second quarter of 2017 was EUR 0.4 million (USD 0.5 million), compared to an operating loss of EUR 0.3 million (USD 0.4 million) in the second quarter of 2016.
Net loss for the second quarter of 2017 was EUR 1.7 million (USD 2.0 million), or loss of EUR 0.06 per diluted share, as compared to net income of EUR 2.5 million (USD 2.8 million), or earnings of EUR 0.09 per diluted share in the year-ago period. Net loss during the second quarter of 2017 included a non-cash interest expense of EUR 0.6 million (USD $0.6 million) to adjust the accounting fair value of the outstanding warrants.
First Six Months 2017 Results
Total revenue for the first half of 2017 was EUR 18.0 million (USD 19.7 million) - a new record level for the period, up 6.3% compared to EUR 16.9 million (USD 18.8 million) for the first half of 2016. For the six months ended June 30, 2017, total revenue for the Lithotripsy division was EUR 12.8 million (USD 14.0 million), an increase of 24.6% when compared to EUR 10.2 million (USD 11.4 million), during the year ago period. This increase was driven by growth in both the distribution business and lithotripsy device sales.
Total revenue in the HIFU division for the first six months 2017 was EUR 5.2 million (USD 5.7 million) compared to EUR 6.7 million (USD 7.4 million) for the six months ended June 30, 2016. This decrease was primarily due to slow U.S. sales of HIFU devices during the first half of the year, tempered by an increase in HIFU treatment driven revenues.
Gross profit for the first half of 2017 was EUR 7.6 million (USD 8.3 million) and gross profit margin was 42.1%, compared to 45.8% in the year ago period. The contraction in gross profit margin was primarily due to an unfavorable mix of HIFU and UDS segment revenues.
The Company recorded an operating loss for the first half of 2017 of EUR 0.8 million (USD 0.9 million), compared with an operating profit of EUR 0.4 million (USD 0.4 million) in the first six months of 2016.
Net loss for the first half of 2017 was EUR 0.1 million (USD 0.1 million), or EUR 0.00 per diluted share, as compared to a net income of EUR 3.9 million (USD 4.3 million), or EUR 0.14 per diluted share, in the first half of 2016. Net income for the first six months of 2017 included non-cash interest income of EUR 1.4 million (USD 1.5 million) to adjust the accounting fair value of the outstanding warrants
At June 30, 2017, cash and cash equivalents, including short-term treasury investments, were EUR 18.6 million (USD 21.2 million).
An accompanying conference call will be conducted by Philippe Chauveau, Chairman of the Board, Marc Oczachowski, Chief Executive Officer; and Francois Dietsch, Chief Financial Officer, to go over the results. The call will be held at 9:00 AM ET, on Thursday, August 24, 2017. Please refer to the information below for conference call dial-in information and webcast registration.
Conference Date:Thursday, August 24, 2017, 9:00 AM ET Conference dial-in:877-269-7756 International dial-in:201-689-7817 Conference Call Name:EDAP-TMS Second Quarter 2017 Results Conference Call Webcast Registration:Click Here
Following the live call, a replay will be available on the Company's website, http://www.edap-tms.com under "Investors Information."
About EDAP TMS SA
EDAP TMS SA markets today Ablatherm for high-intensity focused ultrasound (HIFU) for prostate tissue ablation in the U.S. and for treatment of localized prostate cancer in the rest of the world. HIFU treatment is shown to be a minimally invasive and effective option for prostatic tissue ablation with a low occurrence of side effects. Ablatherm-HIFU is generally recommended for patients with localized prostate cancer (stages T1-T2) who are not candidates for surgery or who prefer an alternative option, or for patients who failed radiotherapy treatment. Ablatherm-HIFU is approved for commercial distribution in Europe and some other countries including Mexico and Canada, and has received 510(k) clearance by the U.S. FDA. Ablatherm Fusion is not FDA cleared yet. The Company also markets an innovative robot-assisted HIFU device, the Focal One, dedicated to focal therapy of prostate cancer. Focal One is CE marked but is not FDA approved. The Company also develops its HIFU technology for the potential treatment of certain other types of tumors. EDAP TMS SA also produces and distributes medical equipment (the Sonolith lithotripters' range) for the treatment of urinary tract stones using extra-corporeal shockwave lithotripsy (ESWL) in most countries including Canada and the U.S. For more information on the Company, please visit http://www.edap-tms.com, andhttp://www.hifu-planet.com.
In addition to historical information, this press release may contain forward-looking statements. Such statements are based on management's current expectations and are subject to a number of risks and uncertainties, including matters not yet known to us or not currently considered material by us, and there can be no assurance that anticipated events will occur or that the objectives set out will actually be achieved. Important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from the results anticipated in the forward-looking statements include, among others, the clinical status and market acceptance of our HIFU devices and the continued market potential for our lithotripsy device. Factors that may cause such a difference also may include, but are not limited to, those described in the Company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission and in particular, in the sections "Cautionary Statement on Forward-Looking Information" and "Risk Factors" in the Company's Annual Report on Form 20-F.
EDAP TMS S.A. CONDENSED CONSOLIDATED STATEMENTS OF OPERATIONS (UNAUDITED) (Amounts in thousands of Euros and U.S. Dollars, except per share data)
Three Months Ended: Three Months Ended:
Net sales of RPP and Leases
NOTE: Translated for convenience of the reader to U.S. dollars at the 2017 average three months' noon buying rate of 1 Euro = 1.1181USD, and 2016 average three months' noon buying rate of 1 Euro = 1.1203 USD.
EDAP TMS S.A. CONDENSED CONSOLIDATED STATEMENTS OF OPERATIONS (UNAUDITED) (Amounts in thousands of Euros and U.S. Dollars, except per share data)
Six Months Ended: Six Months Ended:
Net sales of RPP and leases
NOTE: Translated for convenience of the reader to U.S. dollars at the 2017 average six months' noon buying rate of 1 Euro = 1.0942USD, and 2016 average six months' noon buying rate of 1 Euro = 1. 1116 USD.
EDAP TMS S.A. CONSOLIDATED BALANCE SHEETS HIGHLIGHTS (Amounts in thousands of Euros and U.S. Dollars)
NOTE: Translated for convenience of the reader to U.S. dollars at the noon buying rate of 1 Euro = 1.1412 USD, on June 30, 2017 and at the noon buying rate of 1 Euro = 1.0697 USD, on March 31, 2017.
EDAP TMS S.A. CONDENSED STATEMENTS OF OPERATIONS BY DIVISION SIX MONTHS ENDED JUNE 30, 2017 (Amounts in thousands of Euros)
Sales of goods
Research & Development
OPERATING PROFIT (LOSS)
Contact Blandine Confort Investor Relations / Legal Affairs EDAP TMS SA +33 4 72 15 31 72 firstname.lastname@example.org
Investors Rich Cockrell CG CAPITAL 877.889.1972 email@example.com
- Psychiatrist to shutter outpatient practice - The Grand Junction Daily Sentinel - December 13th, 2019
- Toys for Tots Greenbrook TMS Therapy Black Cat 2 1 - Connecting Vets - December 13th, 2019
- Transformer Monitoring Systems Market Analysis of Market Future Trends and Technological Improvements 2024 - The Market Expedition - December 13th, 2019
- When Should You Buy EDAP TMS S.A. (NASDAQ:EDAP)? - Simply Wall St - December 13th, 2019
- How junk food shapes the developing teenage brain - The Conversation CA - December 13th, 2019
- Bidvest Waltons delivers on its promise after subscribing to Picup's TMS solution - Intelligent CIO Africa - November 30th, 2019
- TMS(Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation) Coil Market Report by Manufacturers, Regions, Type and Application Forecast 2019 - 2025 - Statsflash - November 30th, 2019
- Pokmon: 10 Mechanics Introduced In Gen I That Are Missing Today - TheGamer - November 30th, 2019
- Wizz Air Selects Fox as their TMS of Choice - AviationPros.com - November 26th, 2019
- Pokmon Sword and Shield TMs: locations list for where to find every TM in Galar - Eurogamer.net - November 26th, 2019
- Overhauling the Pokemon GO TM System | Pokemon GO Wiki - GamePress - November 26th, 2019
- Pokemon Sword & Shield: All TMs & Where to Find Them - Twinfinite - November 26th, 2019
- Global Transcranial Magnetic Stimulators (TMS) Market 2019 by Manufacturers, Regions, Type and Application, Forecast to 2025 - Breakaway Trends - November 26th, 2019
- Massive Growth in Talent Management Software Market Opportunities and Forecast, 2019-2024 - Market Report Gazette - November 26th, 2019
- Global Transportation Management Systems (TMS) Market 2019 by Industry Volume, Share, Trends, Opportunities, Types, Product Analysis, Applications and... - November 26th, 2019
- Pokmon Sword and Shield guide: Where to find and buy TMs - Polygon - November 23rd, 2019
- Behind The Scenes With Laurence Fishburne Discusses TMS Treatments For Depression - PR Web - November 23rd, 2019
- A Big Thanks for all the Positive School Programs - NewportNow - November 23rd, 2019
- Pokemon Sword and Shield - Where to Buy TMs - Attack of the Fanboy - November 23rd, 2019
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Thankful for community support at Thompson - newportri.com - November 23rd, 2019
- Talent Management Software (TMS) Market 2019- Global Industry Analysis, By Key Players, Segmentation, Application, Demand And Forecast By 2024 - Hitz... - November 23rd, 2019
- Live Entertainment and Events in Texarkana November 22nd ~ 23rd - TXK Today - November 23rd, 2019
- TMS Lady Wildcats take fifth in Murfreesboro | Local Sports - Tullahoma News and Guardian - September 18th, 2019
- A TMS partnership that spells sweet success - DC Velocity - September 18th, 2019
- Trimble Debuts Continued Enhancements to its TMW.Suite, TruckMate and Innovative IES TMS Solutions New Products and Services - DC Velocity - September 18th, 2019
- Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) Neuronavigation Systems Market Insights Analysis 2018-2026 - Rapid News Network - September 18th, 2019
- Convoy adds API access to its network for shippers - FreightWaves - September 18th, 2019
- Specialized haul drivers at TMS Delivery Inc. given special acknowledgment for National Truck Driver Week - Tyler Morning Telegraph - September 18th, 2019
- ORANGEBURG PROPERTY TRANSFERS | Local | thetandd.com - The Times and Democrat - September 18th, 2019
- Kuebix Community Load Match Saves Shippers Money on Truckload Rates While Increasing Business for Brokers and Digital Freight Matching Firms -... - September 18th, 2019
- Mitsubishi teases new PHEV SUV concept for TMS - Paul Tan's Automotive News - September 18th, 2019
- Pokemon GO Shiny Trapinch code found as Mewtwo raids cancelled - SlashGear - September 18th, 2019
- Momentum Continue?::Greenbrook Tms Inc, (TSX (Toronto):GTMS) - Times Of New York - September 18th, 2019
- MercuryGate Names Traci Kellner as Chief People Officer - Business Wire - September 18th, 2019
- Kuebix Community Load Match saves shippers money on truckload rates - American Journal of Transportation - September 18th, 2019
- Midweek interview with TMS Talent's Ed Hewitt - Travel Weekly - September 18th, 2019
- TMS for USA 3PL market Overview, Development & Growth Rate Forecast for Next 5 Years - Market News Everyday - September 18th, 2019
- Right Time To Pull The Trigger ::Greenbrook Tms Inc, (TSX (Toronto):GTMS) - Times Of New York - September 18th, 2019
- Edap Tms (NASDAQ:EDAP) Downgraded to Hold at ValuEngine - TechNewsObserver - September 18th, 2019
- EDAP TMS SA (EDAP) Jumped Up 2.0%, But Why? - Merakhaber News - September 18th, 2019
- Landmark TMS Provider - Achieve TMS - Opening in Claremont, CA - PR Newswire (press release) - August 25th, 2017
- EDAP TMS to Present at the 19th Annual Rodman & Renshaw Global Investment Conference - GlobeNewswire (press release) - August 25th, 2017
- What is the Schaff Indicator Suggesting For Edap Tms SA (EDAP)? - Morgan Research - August 25th, 2017
- Like most families, Test Match Special has had some bitter rows - Telegraph.co.uk - August 25th, 2017
- TMW Adds Real-Time Freight Tracking to TMS Solutions - TopNews ... - Heavy Duty Trucking - August 20th, 2017
- TMS To Host Solar Eclipse Watch Party on World's Largest TV - Speedway Digest (press release) (blog) - August 20th, 2017
- Investors Focusing the Lens on Shares of EDAP TMS SA (NASDAQ:EDAP) - Nelson Research - August 20th, 2017
- 3GTMS partners with project44 - Fleet Owner - August 18th, 2017
- EDAP TMS (EDAP) & PhotoMedex (PHMD) Head to Head Survey - The Cerbat Gem - August 16th, 2017
- What's Behind Edap Tms SA (EDAP)'s Movement - Stock Daily Review - August 16th, 2017
- Can This Stock Gain Any Traction: EDAP TMS SA (NASDAQ:EDAP)? - FLBC News - August 14th, 2017
- Schools preparing for opening day - The Daily Planet - August 14th, 2017
- NeoSync Secures $13M in Financing to Fund Treatment Resistant Depression Technology Trial - Scientific Computing - August 14th, 2017
- TMS Wildcats blast Coffee County 38-0 - Tullahoma News and Guardian - August 13th, 2017
- TMW Systems appoints new senior director, product management - Fleet Owner - August 11th, 2017
- What are Technical Machines in Pokmon GO (TMs)? - Tech Advisor - August 11th, 2017
- Targeted Microwave Solutions Inc. (TMS.V) Sees Technical Signals Building - Evergreen Caller - August 10th, 2017
- Child missionaries take center stage at TMS | Tvilletimes | hpenews ... - Tvilletimes - August 10th, 2017
- Edap Tms SA (EDAP) Share Price Heads Below Balance Step - FLBC News - August 10th, 2017
- When medication fails, this helmet can treat depression - Metro US - August 9th, 2017
- GDC Theatre Management System is number one in India | Film ... - Film Journal - August 9th, 2017
- Edap Tms (NASDAQ:EDAP) Given Daily Media Sentiment Rating of -0.03 - The Cerbat Gem - August 9th, 2017
- Volume Moving the Tape For Targeted Microwave Solutions Inc. (TMS.V) - Clayton News - August 8th, 2017
- What Do The Technicals Boil Down To For Edap Tms SA (EDAP ... - JCTY News - August 8th, 2017
- Is EDAP TMS SA (NASDAQ:EDAP) The Right Stock For Heady Investors? - FLBC News - August 6th, 2017
- Edap Tms (NASDAQ:EDAP) and PhotoMedex (PHMD) Head to Head Analysis - BNB Daily (blog) - August 6th, 2017
- Changes for TMS with new school year - Tallmadge Express - August 6th, 2017
- Edap Tms SA (EDAP) Moves Below Ichimoku Cloud - Evergreen Caller - August 6th, 2017
- Chris Waters: Boycott wind-up the latest in long line of classic TMS moments - Yorkshire Post - August 5th, 2017
- Investors Swarm in on EDAP TMS S.A. (NASDAQ:EDAP) Shares ... - FLBC News - August 5th, 2017
- TMS Global leader's move adds to ranks of African Americans serving in international cross-cultural missions - The South Florida Times - August 4th, 2017
- Lee County, Tupelo students return for new school year - Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal - August 4th, 2017
- MercuryGate Announces Addition of Rockfarm to its Logistics Integrator Program; Innovative Offering Empowers ... - Business Wire (press release) - August 3rd, 2017
- 'You've done me like a kipper!': Geoffrey Boycott brilliantly pranked on TMS - Metro - August 2nd, 2017
- TMS Exclusive: In This Corner of the World Cooking Clip Shows How People Dealt With Sparse Rations - The Mary Sue - August 2nd, 2017
- EDAP TMS SA (EDAP) closes with a move of -1.90%, Edge Therapeutics, Inc. (EDGE) noted a price change of -0.84% - Stocks Gallery - August 2nd, 2017
- Is Edap Tms SA Adr (NASDAQ:EDAP)'s Fuel Running Low? Reports Show More Sellers - BZ Weekly - August 1st, 2017
- EDAP TMS SA (EDAP) Reports 510(k) Application for Ablatherm-Fusion Device - StreetInsider.com - July 31st, 2017
- Brain Stimulation Techniques Being Studied as Possible MS Treatments - Healthline - July 29th, 2017
- Critical Comparison: Edap Tms (EDAP) vs. PhotoMedex (PHMD) - The Cerbat Gem - July 29th, 2017