Edap Tms (NASDAQ: EDAP) and PhotoMedex (NASDAQ:PHMD) are both small-cap medical companies, but which is the better stock? We will compare the two businesses based on the strength of their dividends, institutional ownership, risk, analyst recommendations, profitabiliy, earnings and valuation.
Institutional & Insider Ownership
8.0% of Edap Tms shares are held by institutional investors. Comparatively, 5.2% of PhotoMedex shares are held by institutional investors. 22.4% of PhotoMedex shares are held by insiders. Strong institutional ownership is an indication that large money managers, hedge funds and endowments believe a company is poised for long-term growth.
Earnings & Valuation
This table compares Edap Tms and PhotoMedexs gross revenue, earnings per share and valuation.
Edap Tms has higher revenue and earnings than PhotoMedex.
Risk & Volatility
Edap Tms has a beta of 0.98, meaning that its stock price is 2% less volatile than the S&P 500. Comparatively, PhotoMedex has a beta of 0.74, meaning that its stock price is 26% less volatile than the S&P 500.
This is a breakdown of current ratings for Edap Tms and PhotoMedex, as provided by MarketBeat.
Edap Tms presently has a consensus price target of $7.00, suggesting a potential upside of 137.29%. Given Edap Tms higher possible upside, equities analysts plainly believe Edap Tms is more favorable than PhotoMedex.
This table compares Edap Tms and PhotoMedexs net margins, return on equity and return on assets.
Edap Tms beats PhotoMedex on 10 of the 11 factors compared between the two stocks.
About Edap Tms
EDAP TMS S.A. (EDAP) is a holding company engaged in developing and marketing the Ablatherm and Focal One devices. The Company operates two divisions: High Intensity Focused Ultrasound (HIFU) and Urology Devices and Services (UDS) (including lithotripsy activities). The Company is developing HIFU technology for the treatment of certain other types of tumors. The Company also produces and commercializes medical equipment for treatment of urinary tract stones using extra-corporeal shockwave lithotripsy (ESWL) and distributes other types of urology devices in certain countries. The HIFU division is engaged in the development, manufacturing and marketing of medical devices based on HIFU technology for the invasive treatment of urological and other clinical indications. The UDS division is engaged in the development, marketing, manufacturing and servicing of medical devices for the invasive diagnosis or treatment of urological disorders, urinary stones, and other clinical indications.
PhotoMedex, Inc. is a global health products and services company providing integrated disease management and solutions to dermatologists, professional aestheticians and consumers. The Company provides products and services that address skin diseases and conditions, including acne and photo damage. The Company operates through three business segments: Consumer segment, Physician Recurring segment and Professional segment. The Company provides skin health solutions to spa markets, as well as traditional retail, online and infomercial outlets for home-use products. The Companys Consumer segment is engaged in the designing, development, manufacturing and selling of long-term hair reduction and acne consumer products. Its Physician Recurring segment is engaged in the sales of skincare products. Its Professional segment is engaged in the sale of equipment, such as medical and esthetic light and heat based products. Its LHE brands includes Mistral, Kona, FSD, SpaTouch Elite and accessories.
Receive News & Ratings for Edap Tms S.A. Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Edap Tms S.A. and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.
- TMS Lady Wildcats take fifth in Murfreesboro | Local Sports - Tullahoma News and Guardian - September 18th, 2019
- A TMS partnership that spells sweet success - DC Velocity - September 18th, 2019
- Trimble Debuts Continued Enhancements to its TMW.Suite, TruckMate and Innovative IES TMS Solutions New Products and Services - DC Velocity - September 18th, 2019
- Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) Neuronavigation Systems Market Insights Analysis 2018-2026 - Rapid News Network - September 18th, 2019
- Convoy adds API access to its network for shippers - FreightWaves - September 18th, 2019
- Specialized haul drivers at TMS Delivery Inc. given special acknowledgment for National Truck Driver Week - Tyler Morning Telegraph - September 18th, 2019
- ORANGEBURG PROPERTY TRANSFERS | Local | thetandd.com - The Times and Democrat - September 18th, 2019
- Kuebix Community Load Match Saves Shippers Money on Truckload Rates While Increasing Business for Brokers and Digital Freight Matching Firms -... - September 18th, 2019
- Mitsubishi teases new PHEV SUV concept for TMS - Paul Tan's Automotive News - September 18th, 2019
- Pokemon GO Shiny Trapinch code found as Mewtwo raids cancelled - SlashGear - September 18th, 2019
- Momentum Continue?::Greenbrook Tms Inc, (TSX (Toronto):GTMS) - Times Of New York - September 18th, 2019
- MercuryGate Names Traci Kellner as Chief People Officer - Business Wire - September 18th, 2019
- Kuebix Community Load Match saves shippers money on truckload rates - American Journal of Transportation - September 18th, 2019
- Midweek interview with TMS Talent's Ed Hewitt - Travel Weekly - September 18th, 2019
- TMS for USA 3PL market Overview, Development & Growth Rate Forecast for Next 5 Years - Market News Everyday - September 18th, 2019
- Right Time To Pull The Trigger ::Greenbrook Tms Inc, (TSX (Toronto):GTMS) - Times Of New York - September 18th, 2019
- Edap Tms (NASDAQ:EDAP) Downgraded to Hold at ValuEngine - TechNewsObserver - September 18th, 2019
- EDAP TMS SA (EDAP) Jumped Up 2.0%, But Why? - Merakhaber News - September 18th, 2019
- Landmark TMS Provider - Achieve TMS - Opening in Claremont, CA - PR Newswire (press release) - August 25th, 2017
- EDAP TMS to Present at the 19th Annual Rodman & Renshaw Global Investment Conference - GlobeNewswire (press release) - August 25th, 2017
- EDAP TMS Reports Record Second Quarter and First Half 2017 Results - GlobeNewswire (press release) - August 25th, 2017
- What is the Schaff Indicator Suggesting For Edap Tms SA (EDAP)? - Morgan Research - August 25th, 2017
- Like most families, Test Match Special has had some bitter rows - Telegraph.co.uk - August 25th, 2017
- TMW Adds Real-Time Freight Tracking to TMS Solutions - TopNews ... - Heavy Duty Trucking - August 20th, 2017
- TMS To Host Solar Eclipse Watch Party on World's Largest TV - Speedway Digest (press release) (blog) - August 20th, 2017
- Investors Focusing the Lens on Shares of EDAP TMS SA (NASDAQ:EDAP) - Nelson Research - August 20th, 2017
- 3GTMS partners with project44 - Fleet Owner - August 18th, 2017
- EDAP TMS (EDAP) & PhotoMedex (PHMD) Head to Head Survey - The Cerbat Gem - August 16th, 2017
- What's Behind Edap Tms SA (EDAP)'s Movement - Stock Daily Review - August 16th, 2017
- Can This Stock Gain Any Traction: EDAP TMS SA (NASDAQ:EDAP)? - FLBC News - August 14th, 2017
- Schools preparing for opening day - The Daily Planet - August 14th, 2017
- NeoSync Secures $13M in Financing to Fund Treatment Resistant Depression Technology Trial - Scientific Computing - August 14th, 2017
- TMS Wildcats blast Coffee County 38-0 - Tullahoma News and Guardian - August 13th, 2017
- TMW Systems appoints new senior director, product management - Fleet Owner - August 11th, 2017
- What are Technical Machines in Pokmon GO (TMs)? - Tech Advisor - August 11th, 2017
- Targeted Microwave Solutions Inc. (TMS.V) Sees Technical Signals Building - Evergreen Caller - August 10th, 2017
- Child missionaries take center stage at TMS | Tvilletimes | hpenews ... - Tvilletimes - August 10th, 2017
- Edap Tms SA (EDAP) Share Price Heads Below Balance Step - FLBC News - August 10th, 2017
- When medication fails, this helmet can treat depression - Metro US - August 9th, 2017
- GDC Theatre Management System is number one in India | Film ... - Film Journal - August 9th, 2017
- Edap Tms (NASDAQ:EDAP) Given Daily Media Sentiment Rating of -0.03 - The Cerbat Gem - August 9th, 2017
- Volume Moving the Tape For Targeted Microwave Solutions Inc. (TMS.V) - Clayton News - August 8th, 2017
- What Do The Technicals Boil Down To For Edap Tms SA (EDAP ... - JCTY News - August 8th, 2017
- Is EDAP TMS SA (NASDAQ:EDAP) The Right Stock For Heady Investors? - FLBC News - August 6th, 2017
- Changes for TMS with new school year - Tallmadge Express - August 6th, 2017
- Edap Tms SA (EDAP) Moves Below Ichimoku Cloud - Evergreen Caller - August 6th, 2017
- Chris Waters: Boycott wind-up the latest in long line of classic TMS moments - Yorkshire Post - August 5th, 2017
- Investors Swarm in on EDAP TMS S.A. (NASDAQ:EDAP) Shares ... - FLBC News - August 5th, 2017
- TMS Global leader's move adds to ranks of African Americans serving in international cross-cultural missions - The South Florida Times - August 4th, 2017
- Lee County, Tupelo students return for new school year - Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal - August 4th, 2017
- MercuryGate Announces Addition of Rockfarm to its Logistics Integrator Program; Innovative Offering Empowers ... - Business Wire (press release) - August 3rd, 2017
- 'You've done me like a kipper!': Geoffrey Boycott brilliantly pranked on TMS - Metro - August 2nd, 2017
- TMS Exclusive: In This Corner of the World Cooking Clip Shows How People Dealt With Sparse Rations - The Mary Sue - August 2nd, 2017
- EDAP TMS SA (EDAP) closes with a move of -1.90%, Edge Therapeutics, Inc. (EDGE) noted a price change of -0.84% - Stocks Gallery - August 2nd, 2017
- Is Edap Tms SA Adr (NASDAQ:EDAP)'s Fuel Running Low? Reports Show More Sellers - BZ Weekly - August 1st, 2017
- EDAP TMS SA (EDAP) Reports 510(k) Application for Ablatherm-Fusion Device - StreetInsider.com - July 31st, 2017
- Brain Stimulation Techniques Being Studied as Possible MS Treatments - Healthline - July 29th, 2017
- Critical Comparison: Edap Tms (EDAP) vs. PhotoMedex (PHMD) - The Cerbat Gem - July 29th, 2017
- MACD News: Taking a Closer Look at Edap Tms Sa ADR (EDAP) - Nelson Research - July 29th, 2017
- America's Infrastructure Remains a Topic of Spirited Debate: How Can TMS Help Users of the Nation's Highways Avoid ... - Logistics Viewpoints (blog) - July 28th, 2017
- Placing the Spotlight on Targeted Microwave Solutions Inc. (TMS.V): Technical Stock Update - Financial Newsweek - July 28th, 2017
- Test Match Special - BBC Sport - July 27th, 2017
- Pierbridge is Named a Top 10 TMS Provider for 2017 - Benzinga - July 27th, 2017
- TMS May Help Distinguish Alzheimer's from Frontotemporal Dementia - MedPage Today - July 27th, 2017
- Shares Seesawing on Volume: Targeted Microwave Solutions Inc. (TMS.V) - Clayton News - July 26th, 2017
- Targeted Microwave Solutions Inc. (TMS.V) Sees Schaff Indicator Continue To Climb - Morgan Research - July 26th, 2017
- Edap Tms S.A. (NASDAQ:EDAP) Downgraded to Hold at Zacks ... - The Cerbat Gem - July 26th, 2017
- Treatment That 'Rewires' the Brain Could Be Used for Depression - Healthline - July 25th, 2017
- Shares Seesawing on Volume: Edap Tms SA (EDAP) - Rockville Register - July 25th, 2017
- Transformer Monitoring Systems (TMS) Market Is Expected to Rise at a Remarkable CAGR by 2024 - Digital Journal - July 25th, 2017
- QAD brings personalisation to TMS - Enterprise Times - July 21st, 2017
- Racers Prepare For Solar Car Competition At TMS CBS Dallas ... - CBS DFW - July 20th, 2017
- North Texas students compete in solar car challenge at TMS - Story ... - FOX 4 News - July 19th, 2017
- SimpliShip ties up with TMS provider Kuebix - American Shipper (subscription) - July 19th, 2017
- Getting Paid: Why AR Matters in your TMS - Logistics Viewpoints (blog) - July 19th, 2017
- TMS activity gathers pace - The Maritime Standard (registration) - July 18th, 2017
- Kuebix Partners with SimpliShip to Expand International TMS Solution - PR Web (press release) - July 18th, 2017
- QI Valuation Update on EDAP TMS SA (NasdaqGM:EDAP) - Union Trade Journal - July 17th, 2017
- Edap Tms SA (EDAP) Shareholder Sabby Management Lowered Its Position by $1.57 Million; Edgewood Management ... - BZ Weekly - July 14th, 2017
- North American Bancard closes on Total Merchant Services deal - Crain's Detroit Business - July 11th, 2017