President Donald Trump has slammed New York, city and state, for repeatedly investigating him, saying officials do it to make him "hate them even more than I should." Trump also laid into New York Governor Andrew Cuomo, claiming the city and state are "falling apart" on his watch.
"So sad to see that New York City and State are falling apart," Trump wrote in a tweet on Saturday. "All they want to do is investigate to make me hate them even more than I should. Governor Cuomo has lost control, and lost his mind. Very bad for the homeless and all!"
In an earlier tweet, he slammed Cuomo and his Californian counterpart, Governor Gavin Newsom, for allegedly failing to tackle "homeless problems."
"California and New York must do something about their TREMENDOUS Homeless problems. They are setting records! If their Governors can't handle the situation, which they should be able to do very easily, they must call and 'politely' ask for help. Would be so easy with competence!" the president wrote.
Trump has repeatedly attacked Cuomo and other New York officials as the state continues to pursue his tax returns and financial records. In a tweet last month, he blasted Cuomo along with New York City Mayor Bill DeBlasio, claiming they were causing his hometown's decline.
"So sad to see what is happening in New York where Governor Cuomo & Mayor DeBlasio are letting out 900 Criminals, some hardened & bad, onto the sidewalks of our rapidly declining, because of them, city," he wrote. "The Radical Left Dems are killing our cities. NYPD Commissioner is resigning!"
Donald Trump, his children Donald Trump Jr., Ivanka Trump, Eric Trump and the Trump Foundation charity, were ordered in November by a New York State judge to pay a $2 million fine over the misuse of charity assets for personal, business and politcal gain, among other violations.
Earlier this month, New York State Attorney General Letitia James announced that as well as the Trump Foundation being shut down, the president was forced to concede he had misused funds for political gain. She said the settlement money was distributed to eight charities.
James added that as part of the settlement, Trump's children Ivanka, Eric and Donald Jr. had undergone mandatory training.
James is also investigating whether Trump exaggerated his wealth in order to obtain loans. The Associated Press reported in September that she issued subpoenas to Deutsche Bank and Investors Bank in March seeking loan applications and other records related to Trump real estate projects and his failed bid to buy the Buffalo Bills. James has been contacted for comment.
Meanwhile, Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance is seeking Trump's tax returns as part of a criminal investigation of the president, the Trump Organization and the Trump family's real estate business.
The New York Times reported in September that Vance subpoenaed Trump and the Trump Organization seeking state and federal tax returns for the last eight years. It came shortly after an investigation was launched into the president's role in payments made to adult film actress Stormy Daniels, real name Stephanie Clifford, who claimed she had an affair with Trump. Vance has been contacted for comment.
Cuomo said Trump's decision to declare residency in Florida earlier this year was a ploy to avoid disclosing his finances to New York officials. "There is a legal proceeding against the president from the Manhattan district attorney's office where they're trying to get him to turn over the taxes," Cuomo told MSNBC last month.
"My guess is he was advised by his lawyer that would help his case to not to release his taxes to the Manhattan district attorney if he could say he was no longer a resident of the state of New York."
The White House and Cuomo have been contacted for comment.
- Whats Donald Trump up to these days? I tried to find out via Instagram - The Guardian - April 11th, 2021
- Donald Trumps net worth dropped by one-third during his presidency - FOX 6 Milwaukee - April 11th, 2021
- Revisiting 2016's 'Donald Trump's The Art of the Deal: The Movie' and the Comedy of the Trump Era - International Policy Digest - April 11th, 2021
- Former President Trump's PAC has $85 million on hand as he prepares for midterms and possible 2024 run - CNBC - April 11th, 2021
- The National Archives won't be able to host Donald Trump's tweets on Twitter - Yahoo Tech - April 11th, 2021
- Milwaukee Asks to Sanction Donald Trump Over 'Baseless' Election Lawsuit - Bloomberg - April 11th, 2021
- Donald Trump and the Art of the Faustian Deal - The National Interest - April 11th, 2021
- Boehner blames Trump, regrets impeaching Clinton and other things we learned from his memoirs - The Cincinnati Enquirer - April 11th, 2021
- Trump held steady among believers at the ballot it was the nonreligious vote he lost in 2020 - Salon - April 11th, 2021
- To hold Donald Trump to account for the Jan. 6 riot, Marcy Kaptur joins a lawsuit against him: This Week in t - cleveland.com - April 11th, 2021
- Donald Trump - Forbes - March 31st, 2021
- Donald Trump Sued by 2 Capitol Police Officers Over Jan. 6 Insurrection - TMZ - March 31st, 2021
- Why Donald Trump Is Fuming Over Dr. Fauci And Dr. Birx - The List - March 31st, 2021
- The Unlikely Team of Prosecutors Hunting Trump in Georgia - The Daily Beast - March 31st, 2021
- Donald Trump ally Matt Gaetz faces sex trafficking probe over alleged relationship with teen girl - Stuff.co.nz - March 31st, 2021
- Wyoming Tells Donald Trump Jr. to Sit Down and STFU - Vanity Fair - March 26th, 2021
- Prosecutors Are Lining Up Witnesses to Explain Donald Trumps Many Alleged Crimes to a Jury - Vanity Fair - March 26th, 2021
- Another Trump Is Threatening to Run for Office - Vanity Fair - March 26th, 2021
- Trump Org controlled employees with perks instead of salary: source - Business Insider - March 26th, 2021
- Dominion Voting sues Fox for $1.6B over 2020 election claims - Associated Press - March 26th, 2021
- Phil Jackson empathizes with Donald Trump over treatment from media - Larry Brown Sports - March 26th, 2021
- UPMC cites dramatic results with COVID-19 treatment received by Trump - PennLive - March 26th, 2021
- Charles Kesler, author of Crisis of the Two Constitutions, on the case for Trump - Vox.com - March 23rd, 2021
- President Trump said media ratings would tank without him. Was he right? Maybe. - Poynter - March 23rd, 2021
- Opinion | Why Trump Would Make the Most Boring Social Media Site Ever - POLITICO - March 23rd, 2021
- Trump still being investigated over Capitol riot, top prosecutor says - The Guardian - March 23rd, 2021
- Trump's Facebook Ban Will Likely Be Overturned by New Oversight Board - Bloomberg - March 23rd, 2021
- Of course Donald Trump is building his own social media platform - The Next Web - March 23rd, 2021
- Trump returning to social media with 'his own platform' in 2-3 months: adviser - Fox News - March 23rd, 2021
- The United States vs. FDT - Vulture - March 23rd, 2021
- Donald Trump will be back on social media with 'his own platform,' says adviser Jason Miller - The Gazette - March 23rd, 2021
- Whats Happening With Donald Trumps Boeing 757? - Simple Flying - March 23rd, 2021
- Donald Trump returning to social media in 2-to-3 months with own platform: aide - New York Post - March 23rd, 2021
- Mitch McConnell, Donald Trump Agree That Removing Filibuster Would Ruin GOP - Newsweek - March 23rd, 2021
- The Science of Making Americans Hurt Their Own Country - The Atlantic - March 21st, 2021
- Donald Trump Is Drowning in Criminal Investigations and Legally Screwed - Vanity Fair - March 21st, 2021
- Trump was supposed to be a political Godzilla in exile. Instead, hes adrift. - POLITICO - March 21st, 2021
- CNN ratings have crashed since Donald Trump left the White House - Business Insider - March 21st, 2021
- Cuomo Tries the Trump Strategy For Surviving Scandal - POLITICO - March 21st, 2021
- Donald Trump State Park in Northeast Ohio? Ohio Rep. wants to rename Trumbull County's Mosquito Lake in honor of former president - WKYC.com - March 21st, 2021
- QAnon Thinks Donald Trump's Vaccine Remarks Are Fake, Just a Very Good Imitation - Newsweek - March 21st, 2021
- The Closing: Gil Dezer - The Real Deal - March 21st, 2021
- In Kabul, Pentagon chief speaks of 'responsible end' to war - The Associated Press - March 21st, 2021
- Today Is The Day QAnon Believes Donald Trump Will Be Reinstated As President - WTRF - March 5th, 2021
- Mitch McConnell on Donald Trump: We're looking to the 'future,' not 'the past' - USA TODAY - March 5th, 2021
- It's the party of QAnon, not Donald Trump - Los Angeles Times - March 5th, 2021
- Should Donald Trump be allowed to hold office again? Texas voters are split. - The Texas Tribune - March 5th, 2021
- Trump appointee arrested in connection with Capitol riot: Reports - Al Jazeera English - March 5th, 2021
- Former Trump appointees say theyre still waiting on their vacation payouts - POLITICO - March 5th, 2021
- Grand jury in Georgia expected to convene in probe of Trump's efforts to overturn election - ABC News - March 5th, 2021
- Tim Allen says he 'liked' that Donald Trump 'pissed people off' while he was in office - Insider - March 5th, 2021
- Donald Trump still gets the love and sales in Redding - Record Searchlight - March 5th, 2021
- Can Donald Trump lead the Republican Party after losing Congress and the White House? | Opinion - Tennessean - March 5th, 2021
- Ted Cruz speaks in Florida about Donald Trump, Cancn - The Texas Tribune - March 5th, 2021
- Trump Organization Under Criminal Investigation in NY Will Donald Trumps Accountants Flip? - Yahoo Finance - March 5th, 2021
- Video Shows Alex Jones Saying He's 'Sick' of Donald Trump and Wishes He Never Met Him - Newsweek - March 5th, 2021
- CPAC 2021: Here are the lies Donald Trump told - AL.com - March 5th, 2021
- Rob Portman: Republican policies are more popular than Trump. 'He has an opportunity today' - The Cincinnati Enquirer - March 5th, 2021
- Senate votes to acquit Donald Trump in impeachment trial - February 18th, 2021
- 'Around here, Trump is king': How Marjorie Taylor Greene got to Congress by running as the MAGA candidate - USA TODAY - February 18th, 2021
- Fox News tries to satisfy Trump fans, but at what cost? - Los Angeles Times - February 18th, 2021
- Donald Trump lives to fight and incite another day - The Economist - February 18th, 2021
- Should Senate have convicted Trump? Utahns voice opinion in new poll - Deseret News - February 18th, 2021
- Trump will be 'busy' with lawsuits for the rest of his life: Laurence Tribe - Yahoo Finance - February 18th, 2021
- Opinion | The Disgraceful Acquittal of Donald Trump - The New York Times - February 18th, 2021
- Joe Biden brilliantly sums up everyone's thoughts on Donald Trump - woman&home - February 18th, 2021
- We Lost the Line: Donald Trump Is on the Brink of Yet Another Senate Acquittal - The New Yorker - February 18th, 2021
- Steve Bannon pitches Boston Republicans on plan to make Donald Trump the House speaker - Boston.com - February 18th, 2021
- Lawsuits arrive for networks and lawyers who backed Donald Trump - The Economist - February 18th, 2021
- What History Tells Us Will Happen to Trumpism - The Atlantic - February 18th, 2021
- Donald Trump breaks media silence with call to Fox following death of US conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh - ABC News - February 18th, 2021
- The Supreme Court is still sitting on Trump's tax returns, and justices aren't saying why - Channel3000.com - WISC-TV3 - February 18th, 2021
- Opinion | Is This the End of Obsessively Hating Donald Trump? - The New York Times - February 18th, 2021
- Garcia: 2020 election postmortem: The more Trump stirred up his base, the more he scared off everyone else - San Antonio Express-News - February 6th, 2021
- Why Donald Trump -- not Gov. Mike DeWine -- should get credit for Ohio nursing home vaccinations: This Week i - cleveland.com - February 6th, 2021
- Why Donald Trump could melt away (Opinion) - CNN - February 6th, 2021
- Should the Senate convict Donald Trump? Heres what the American people think - Brookings Institution - February 6th, 2021
- Donald Trumps Business Sought A Stake In Parler Before He Would Join - BuzzFeed News - February 6th, 2021
- Opinion | Congress Still Has One More Way to Ban Trump from Future Office - POLITICO - February 6th, 2021
- Trump breaks silence with post on Gab denouncing impeachment trial - Business Insider - Business Insider - February 6th, 2021