Dear DU community members,
From the very beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic, we have made decisions with three key principles in mind: the health and well-being of our community, the educational experience of our students and equity. It is with these same principles in mind that we share with you now our broader approach to COVID-19 vaccination.
DU will require COVID-19 vaccination for faculty and staff members
Earlier this month, we promised to share our plans for requiring COVID-19 vaccination for faculty and staff members (as we have for students). After hosting a well-attended open forum for faculty and staff members and conferring with many groups across campus, including DUs Vaccine Working Group, as well as our health care partners at National Jewish Healthand taking into account the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and other expertsthe University of Denver has made the decision to require all faculty and staff who access any campus facility to receive vaccination against COVID-19.
Scientific data has shown us that vaccination against COVID-19 is safe and effective. Furthermore, we believe, and have received feedback from employees and other DU community members, that it is equitable and responsible from a public health perspective to require full vaccination of faculty and staff, in addition to students. This decision will help us return to an in-person, vibrant working, teaching and learning experience.
To date, our community has embraced vaccination with nearly 80% of faculty and staff voluntarily reporting receiving at least one shot. Faculty and staff members must provide proof of full vaccination by uploading a completed vaccine card to the myhealth.du.edu portal. (Full vaccination is defined as two weeks after a one-dose vaccine or two weeks after the second dose of a two-dose vaccine.) This must be completed ahead of your return to campus for fall term or September 1, whichever comes first. You can read more about providing proof and other COVID-19 vaccine FAQshere.
Certain vaccination exemptions will be permitted.
We understand that not every individual is in a position to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to medical or non-medical reasons. DUs Vaccine Working Group studied the topic of vaccination exemptions very closely and has recommended certain limited exemptions. These exemptions may change as circumstances change (such as much higher positivity rates on campus, in the surrounding community or state, or the Food & Drug Administration granting full approval for a COVID-19 vaccine rather than the current emergency-use authorization).
For medical exemptions, you must submit to the Health & Counseling Center (HCC) a letter from a licensed health care or mental health care provider experienced in treating the relevant condition. For non-medical exemptions, you must submit to the HCC a form specifying the reason for the exemption request, such as sincerely held religious or personal beliefs. More information about exemptions can be foundhere.
Individuals who are not fully vaccinated will be required to follow additional mitigation protocols.
Individuals with approved exemptions from the COVID-19 vaccine requirement and individuals who are not yet fully vaccinated must follow additional COVID-19 mitigation protocols similar to DUs current protocols, including quarantining before arriving on campus, after travel or following exposure to COVID-19; more frequent testing; and social distancing, among others. These requirements will be continually evaluated based on current conditions on campus, in the surrounding community and in the state, and for consistency with applicable public health guidance. The University will strive to preserve individual privacy regarding vaccination status in developing and implementing these protocols.
We hope our campusand the worldlooks more similar to what we enjoyed before the start of the pandemic. To date, DU has been able to mitigate the effects of COVID-19 almost entirely because we have focused on both individual health and safety and our collective responsibility to one another. Our best hope for a return to a more vibrant campus experience will be made possible by vaccination. We appreciate the DU communitys continued commitment to keeping one another safe.
You may find answers to your questionsonline; we will update our FAQs regularly.
If you have additional questions please contact Sarah Watamura, DUs COVID-19 coordinator,email@example.com.
- Craft Guild of chefs reveals the names of chefs through to next stage of The National Chef of the Year competition - Premier Construction Magazine - July 21st, 2021
- Beating Breath of the Wild like its Snake took careful planning and infinite patience - Destructoid - July 21st, 2021
- E-transmission: The allure of toxic leaders - Daily Sun - July 21st, 2021
- Clairos Sling paves a brilliantly inspired and elegantly orchestrated road to comfort - The A.V. Club - July 21st, 2021
- CBD Infused Drinks: Everything You Need to Know... - Marketscreener.com - July 21st, 2021
- Meet Simone Ferretti, an astute name and personality climbing his way to the top in the social media industry. - The American Reporter - July 21st, 2021
- 10 Lessons Bungie Should Learn From Destiny 2s Season Of The Splicer - Forbes - July 18th, 2021
- Album reviews: KSI All Over the Place and Willow Lately I Feel Everything - The Independent - July 18th, 2021
- Delhi University to admit students based on cut-offs - The Indian Express - July 18th, 2021
- 6 Ways The Internet Is Slowly Transforming Our Minds 2021 Tips - BollyInside - July 18th, 2021
- SmugMug Source Preview: Say Goodbye to NAS Servers and Hello to the Best Cloud Storage Yet - Fstoppers - July 18th, 2021
- Album reviews: KSI All Over the Place and Willow Lately I Feel Everything - MSN UK - July 16th, 2021
- RBSE 10th and 12th Result 2021: Schools Complete Uploading of Marks, Rajasthan Board Results Expected Soon rajresults.nic.in - Jagran Josh - July 16th, 2021
- How Scrybe Streaming Is Disrupting the Music Industry, Interview With CEO Christian Phyfier - The Ritz Herald - July 16th, 2021
- Best iOS and Android apps we used in 2021 (so far) - Mashable - July 16th, 2021
- Prontonn receives USD 9 million of funding - Inventiva - July 16th, 2021
- In Defence of HIKAI - The Shillong Times - July 16th, 2021
- The Echo Show 10 Is The Only Smart Display That Follows Every Step Of The Way - MensXP.com - July 16th, 2021
- Who is Baby J? BTS responds to rumors, debuts Permission to Dance on Jimmy Fallon show - MEAWW - July 16th, 2021
- Bill Ackman Sent a Text to the CEO of Mastercard. What Happened Next Is a Parable for ESG. - Institutional Investor - June 20th, 2021
- #ATA2021: Telehealth Is Key to Equity and Access for Every Patient Population - HealthTech Magazine - June 20th, 2021
- The Secret Is Out That Confidential Computing Is A Hot Trend And Seriously Crucial To AI And For Self-Driving Cars Too - Forbes - June 20th, 2021
- CBSE 12th Result 2021: Schools Asked To Hold Practical Exams Online, and Upload Marks by 28 June - AglaSem News - June 20th, 2021
- Cardiff cyclist catches up with driver and gives him piece of her mind after cat call - Nation.Cymru - June 6th, 2021
- After Making Example of Jon Rahm, PGA Tour Expects Vaccinations to Increase Significantly: Opinion - Pro Golf Weekly - June 6th, 2021
- Doug Fishbone show at the Crawford couldnt be more timely - The Irish Times - June 6th, 2021
- Why Developers Prefer Creating Apps That Begin As iOS-Exclusives? We Spoke To Two Developers Ahead Of WWDC 2021 - Mashable India - June 6th, 2021
- Young Juno nominees on why theyre moving to the algorithm of TikTok - 660 News - June 6th, 2021
- As EVM theories fade after Mamata Banerjees win, here is all you need to know about how EVMs cannot be hacked, no matter who wins - OpIndia - June 6th, 2021
- Downloading our thoughts to the mainframe may be the stuff of science fiction but humans have been imagining it for centuries - The Conversation AU - May 20th, 2021
- Google Photos to end free unlimited uploads: What it means to you - SlashGear - May 20th, 2021
- How to start vlogging - Creative Bloq - May 20th, 2021
- Many Latino men haven't gotten vaccinated. Misinformation, fear and busy lives are factors - Los Angeles Times - May 20th, 2021
- GFRIEND to officially disband; Members upload handwritten letters for fans while Sowon has a special message - PINKVILLA - May 20th, 2021
- Google Photos unlimited free storage is ending this month, so what are your options - India Today - May 20th, 2021
- Severe weather soaks spirits in rain-ravaged area - "We're trying to hang in there" - Port Arthur News - The Port Arthur News - May 20th, 2021
- Assams fictional superhero Advitya all set to hit the screens in fancy outfit without mask - The Hindu - May 20th, 2021
- '1000-Lb Sisters' Season 3: What Happened to Tammy Slaton's Forehead? - Showbiz Cheat Sheet - May 20th, 2021
- Netizens Baffled Over Moms Photo Of Daughter Sinking Into Concrete - Latin Times - May 20th, 2021
- [App Fridays] How 1MG is meeting the rise in demand for teleconsultations, medicines amid COVID-19 resurgence - YourStory - May 20th, 2021
- Steven Crowder Sues YouTube for Silencing Conservatives: 'This Is the Big One' - CBN News - May 20th, 2021
- First Lady hands over 30 000 books - The Herald - May 20th, 2021
- Free to fly again - The Garden Island - May 11th, 2021
- Here's How to Record a Video That's Three Minutes on TikTok - Distractify - May 11th, 2021
- Dishonest censorship scare may torpedo Bill C-10, a chance to update broadcasting laws for the modern era - The Globe and Mail - May 11th, 2021
- AI-Based Editing That Learns Your Style? Fstoppers Reviews ImagenAI - Fstoppers - May 11th, 2021
- Google Photos unlimited free storage offer ends this month, and here are few things you should keep in mind - India Today - May 9th, 2021
- Here's how to touch of death with 2 combos as Gill, Rose and Ibuki in Street Fighter 5: Champion Edition as showcased by LPN - EventHubs - May 9th, 2021
- Feel Better Yoga in Burlington launched online-only memberships in response to COVID - Burlington Times News - May 9th, 2021
- Sinn Fin hopes to use controversial voter database for Dublin byelection - The Irish Times - May 9th, 2021
- Dogs at polling stations are the real stars of the Scottish Parliament election - The National - May 9th, 2021
- Dodie on growing up on YouTube and her new album Build a Problem: I didnt have any boundaries - iNews - May 9th, 2021
- 40 Must-See New Movies to See This Summer Season - IndieWire - May 9th, 2021
- MTV: Who is Tyler from Catfish? Updates on his relationship with Stefany! - Reality Titbit - Celebrity TV News - May 9th, 2021
- Guided By Voices Earth Man Blues May Be the Power-Pop Heroes Best Album in Decades - Rolling Stone - May 1st, 2021
- How to turn on TikTok's new auto captions - Mashable - May 1st, 2021
- As seen on CBS This Morning: Protecting Veterans' digital accounts with a free service offer and book from GoodTrust - VAntage Point - VAntage Point... - May 1st, 2021
- Sonny Fodera & Just Kiddin' team up with Lilly Ahlberg on 'Closer' - We Rave You - May 1st, 2021
- The Kid LAROI Talks Without You Remix Featuring Miley Cyrus and Putting Raw Emotion Into His Music - Variety - May 1st, 2021
- Were These Migrant Teens Framed for Arson That Left 13,000 Homeless? - The Daily Beast - May 1st, 2021
- Blockchain startup S!NG wants creators to lean on NFTs to protect their intellectual property - TechCrunch - April 27th, 2021
- How to upload and view 4K images on Twitter for Android and iOS - HT Tech - April 27th, 2021
- Worrying Kwon Mina Instagram post is removed as fans share support on Twitter - HITC - Football, Gaming, Movies, TV, Music - April 27th, 2021
- Mathilde Tantot: French Model Who Suffered Wardrobe Malfunction Breaks the Internet with Bare-All Snaps - International Business Times, Singapore... - April 27th, 2021
- Twitter now allows you to share pictures in 4K on Android, iOS - Moneycontrol.com - April 23rd, 2021
- Of OTTs and more! - The Times of India Blog - April 23rd, 2021
- Nodal officers to check availability of beds in pvt, Govt hosps in G'gram - Daily Pioneer - April 23rd, 2021
- Fighting COVID-19: Vaccination picks up in Jammu and Kashmir - indiablooms - April 23rd, 2021
- Billions of bugs: Meet the cicada chasers trailing Brood X - CNET - April 23rd, 2021
- Fashion Society stitches together first virtual fashion magazine - The Poly Post - April 23rd, 2021
- BTS drive for Smart urges PH youth to 'live your passion with purpose' - Manila Bulletin - April 23rd, 2021
- Dortmunds strict squad rules and fines revealed with Arsenal star Aubameyang branded punishment king dur... - The Sun - April 23rd, 2021
- All that you need to know about Facebook group cover photo size - TechPluto - April 23rd, 2021
- Jimmie Johnson ready to make his official jump from NASCAR to IndyCar this weekend - ESPN - April 19th, 2021
- Sushmita Sen's "Meditation In Action" Post Is Beating Our Monday Blues. Watch Her Workout Video - NDTV - April 19th, 2021
- Vaccine passports for COVID-19: How they'll be a part of global travel - CNET - April 19th, 2021
- Creators On The Rise: Gunnar Deatherage Is Stitching Himself A Career On TikTok And YouTube Shorts - Tubefilter - April 19th, 2021
- Guest blog: Why broadband has never been more important for a residential care home in the midst of a global pandemic | Business & Finance -... - April 19th, 2021
- From Kaviya Maran to Aditi Hundia, women who grabbed IPL cameramen's attention over the years - DNA India - April 19th, 2021
- Core is an Epic-funded development platform hoping to be the next Roblox - PC Gamer - April 19th, 2021