Yes. All persons travelling to The Bahamas, and those travelling inter-island from Nassau & Paradise Island or Grand Bahama Island, must first obtain a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR (swab) test taken no more than five (5) days prior to the date of arrival. The name and address of the lab where the test was performed must be clearly displayed on the test result.
Persons travelling inter-islandfrom Nassau & Paradise Island or Grand Bahama Islandto other islands are required to undergo a RT-PCR test no more thanfive (5) days prior to travel and produce a negative result.
If a Bahamas citizen or resident travels internationally, they must secure a test in the destination they visited before travelling back to The Bahamas. Any RT-PCR test taken in The Bahamas prior to travel will not be valid for re-entry.
Contact your health care professional to receive a COVID-19 RT-PCR Test.
No, only a negative RT-PCR (swab) test from a referenced lab will be considered a VALID test to be granted entry into The Bahamas.
All visitors entering The Bahamas will be required to opt in to the Health Insurance coverage when applying for their Bahamas Health Visa (more details on Bahamas Health Visa below).
The cost of the required COVID Health Insurance is included in the Bahamas Health Visa and paid in advance of travel.
All travellers, returning citizens and residents arriving via commercial flights, as well as by private planes, private boats, yachts or pleasure craft, are required to apply for a Bahamas Travel Health Visa attravel.gov.bsby selecting the International option and completing all required fields.
Yes, all those travelling inter-island both residents and visitors will be required to complete an electronic Travel Health Visa, via the domestic or international sections, as appropriate.
Yes, there is anon-refundablefee for the Bahamas Travel Health Visa, which will be dependent on length of stay.
All Bahamas Travel Health Visas include standard administrative costs, such as the application fee for the Health Visa, as well as relative IT and distribution costs.
The final price of an individual Bahamas Travel Health Visa for visitors, returning citizens and residents is dependent on length of stay and any applicable testing, healthcare related costs, or insurance requirements. (More details on rapid testing below)
Domestic Travel (within The Bahamas):
Each applicant eighteen (18) years of age or older, will be required to complete their own Bahamas Travel Health Visa Application and upload their individual negative test results. Persons seventeen (17) years and younger are to add a profile within the account of the parent or guardian. Please ensure each application is submitted with the corresponding test results.
Travellers should upload ALL pages of the test results report, even if there are multiple pages.
Please ensure your test results state clearly the following information:
For U.S. travellers, an accredited lab can be found athttps://www.cdc.gov/clia/LabSearch.html
For travellers from other countries, labs that have been accredited by the local medical health officials should be used.
Children age ten (10) and under are exemptfrom requiring a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR test; they will, however, be required to have their application submitted by a parent/guardian.
Bahamas Travel Health Visa applications take up to48hoursto process so they should be completed with adequate lead time.
Applicants will receive an automated responsewithin 1 hourof submission indicating the application is being processed. Travellers should not apply again unless they do not receive the automated response within the hour.
An approved Bahamas Travel Health Visa will receive a green code, and proof of confirmation should be presented at check-in and upon arrival in the destination.
If a Bahamas Travel Health Visa application is pending, visitor will receive a yellow code which means it requires additional review.
If a Bahamas Travel Health Visa application is denied, visitor will receive a red color code and will not be permitted entry to The Bahamas.
Travellers shouldnotsubmit more than one application per person travelling (per trip). Do NOT submit multiple applications.
For all questions regarding the Bahamas Travel Health Visa process, or to check on the status of your application, firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are a number of reasons why Bahamas Travel Health Visa applications are not approved. Among the most common are:
Yes, please ensure you print your Approved (Green) Bahamas Travel Health Visa response issued electronically by the Bahamas Ministry of Tourism and the Bahamas Ministry of Health.
Travellers who fail to complete an electronic Travel Health Visa application form or provide a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR Negative (Swab) Test from an accredited lab will be denied entry to The Bahamas and are subject to fines and possible imprisonment.
Bahamas Travel Health Visas are valid for the duration of each individual travellers trip. Because a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR test result is required to be uploaded to complete the Bahamas Travel Health Visa application with test date no more than five (5) days prior to the date of arrival, it is necessary for all travellers to apply for a new Health Visa with each trip.
- What's New In The Bahamas In May - PRNewswire - May 7th, 2021
- The Bahamas Celebrates Travel Agents With Virtual Party In 'Da Backyard' - PRNewswire - May 7th, 2021
- From The Bahamas to Grenada, Caribbean Resorts for Remote Work - Caribbean Journal - May 7th, 2021
- A Bahamas family is offering a dream $120k caretaker job for their homes with insane perks - Republic TV - May 7th, 2021
- This Family Will Pay You Rs 1 Crore to Look After Their Estate in the Bahamas - News18 - May 7th, 2021
- THE SKIES ARE OURS: Bahamas assumes historical management of sovereign airspace - EyeWitness News - May 7th, 2021
- Rich family seeks couple to work as live-in cleaners in the Bahamas for 90,000 salary - The Independent - May 7th, 2021
- Millions allocated for Bahamas energy transformation Eye Witness News - EyeWitness News - May 7th, 2021
- With vaccinations on board, CBF disaster relief looks toward unfinished work in Bahamas - Baptist News Global - May 7th, 2021
- What's new in the Islands of The Bahamas in May - eTurboNews | Trends | Travel News - May 7th, 2021
- Eight migrants charged with attempting to illegally enter US from Bahamas - EyeWitness News - May 7th, 2021
- Family looking for couple to work on private island in the Bahamas - Metro.co.uk - May 7th, 2021
- Another fantasy island in The Bahamas hits the market, along with Exuma's getaway home - EyeWitness News - May 7th, 2021
- TAKE ACTION OR PAY: Public health measures must be followed and enforced or cases will continue to rise, health official warns - EyeWitness News - May 7th, 2021
- Carolyn Cooper | Yvonne Skeffrey a Jamaican at home in the Bahamas - Jamaica Gleaner - May 7th, 2021
- US to export 10 percent of vaccine supplies to other countries by July 4 - EyeWitness News - May 7th, 2021
- TEETERING: More cases in April than first three months of 2021 - EyeWitness News - May 7th, 2021
- WET WEATHER INCOMING: Another active hurricane season projected for 2021 - EyeWitness News - May 7th, 2021
- MORE AND MORE: Nearly 200000 registered to vote; more than 500 added in the last month - EyeWitness News - May 7th, 2021
- SUCCESS EXPECTED: Sandals has no doubt NP resort will reopen fully booked out after $37M renovation - EyeWitness News - May 7th, 2021
- PwC in the Caribbean and the PwC Charitable Foundation donate $100K to St Vincent volcano relief efforts - EyeWitness News - May 7th, 2021
- SLOW CLIMB: Govt revenue improves in third quarter but still down nearly 30 percent - EyeWitness News - May 7th, 2021
- The Bahamas Welcomes Visitors With Even More Ways To Travel This Summer - PRNewswire - April 23rd, 2021
- NFL stars converge on the Bahamas to soak up the sun - Page Six - April 23rd, 2021
- No Bahamas team for the World Relays - Bahamas Tribune - April 23rd, 2021
- TURBULENCE: Parts of Bahamas see tornados and waterspouts - EyeWitness News - April 23rd, 2021
- Bahamas Petroleum to reset and rebrand as Challenger Energy Group - Proactive Investors UK - April 23rd, 2021
- American Airlines announces service expansion to The Bahamas | New York Carib News - NYCaribNews - April 23rd, 2021
- GAINING MOMENTUM: MSC Cruises could be third major cruise line this year to start homeporting in The Bahamas - EyeWitness News - April 23rd, 2021
- The Bahamas International Travel Information - April 21st, 2021
- The Best Bahamas Vacation Packages 2021 - Tripadvisor - April 21st, 2021
- CDC Updates Bahamas Travel Advisory, What's the Impact on Cruises? - Cruise Hive - April 21st, 2021
- CDC Raises Warning, Advises Against Traveling to Bahamas - Cruise Radio - April 21st, 2021
- 'DON'T GO THERE': U.S. puts Bahamas back on top level alert as cases rise - Bahamas Tribune - April 21st, 2021
- Why vacationing in the Bahamas now is a dream come true - New York Post - April 21st, 2021
- The Island of Grand Bahama Is Heating Up Caribbean Journal - Caribbean Journal - April 21st, 2021
- Sandals Planning Renovation at Bahamas All-Inclusive Resort - Caribbean Journal - April 21st, 2021
- Man killed in plane crash off The Bahamas - Nation News - April 21st, 2021
- Sandals celebrates 25 year in the Bahamas with multi-million-dollar renovation - Travelweek - April 21st, 2021
- Bahamas to research mental wellbeing of seafarers ShipInsight - ShipInsight - April 21st, 2021
- Bryan and Sarah Baeumler on reopening their Bahamas resort after the pandemic halted all operations - Post City - April 21st, 2021
- From emergency to recovery: Delivering water, sanitation, and hygiene - Mercy Corps - April 21st, 2021
- IN JEOPARDY: BHTA president warns against apathy and COVID fatigue injuring tourism industry rebound - EyeWitness News - April 21st, 2021
- Son dead and father in hospital after Bimini crash - Bahamas Tribune - April 21st, 2021
- FACE TO FACE: Setting out the path to giving women a fairer deal - Bahamas Tribune - April 21st, 2021
- Bimini plane crash leaves son dead and father in hospital - EyeWitness News - April 21st, 2021
- Three men arrested and charged for illegal landing following viral video showing migrants living in bus - EyeWitness News - April 21st, 2021
- Vaccinations resume on Grand Bahama - Bahamas Tribune - April 21st, 2021
- FULLY RECOVERED: Commodore King says small function unlikely source of COVID exposure - EyeWitness News - April 21st, 2021
- Sology Solutions and Open Systems Technologies International (Bahamas) Limited Partner to Drive Technology Innovation and Create Jobs in the Bahamas -... - April 13th, 2021
- Royal Caribbean is working to get more flight options to the Bahamas - Royal Caribbean Blog - April 13th, 2021
- Disney in 75 percent fleet visit promise to The Bahamas - Bahamas Tribune - April 13th, 2021
- The Bahamas sends its condolences after the death of Prince Philip - Bahamas Tribune - April 13th, 2021
- RUM BUSINESS BOOST: Bahamas rum exports to benefit from over $110M in EU-supported trade development for the Caribbean - EyeWitness News - April 13th, 2021
- GOALPOST: Bahamas aiming to vaccinate 80 percent of population to achieve herd immunity against COVID - EyeWitness News - April 13th, 2021
- Central Bank of Bahamas shares updates on Sand dollar CBDC progress - The Paypers - April 13th, 2021
- Letters to the Editor: A dear friend of The Bahamas dies - EyeWitness News - April 13th, 2021
- ON THE BANDWAGON: More than 10K people in The Bahamas vaccinated against COVID so far - EyeWitness News - April 13th, 2021
- KILLINGS ON THE RISE: Murders up 56 percent in Q1 - EyeWitness News - April 13th, 2021
- NRA trial opens window on secretive leader's life and work - The Associated Press - April 13th, 2021
- Lewis opens Job Ready Programme in Grand Bahama - Bahamas Tribune - April 13th, 2021
- Brianne: 'Bahamas could win this 4 x 4, we could win' - Bahamas Tribune - April 13th, 2021
- 'WE'RE HUMAN TOO': Shanty town residents hit out at authorities on tactics employed in raid - Bahamas Tribune - April 13th, 2021
- TENTATIVE APPROVAL: Survey shows support for cannabis use for religious purposes, but with restrictions - EyeWitness News - April 13th, 2021
- VERY SERIOUS AND TROUBLING MATTER: Officials hone in on trend of marijuana edibles in schools - EyeWitness News - April 13th, 2021
- Crystal Symphony Will Be the First Ship to Ever Homeport in Antigua & Barbuda - Travel Market Report - April 13th, 2021
- DIANE PHILLIPS: Man's best friend - then it's time we started treating them properly - Bahamas Tribune - April 13th, 2021
- Best Cruises You Can Take This Summer - Cruise Fever - April 13th, 2021
- Grandad who started business from nothing has 100m 'could buy island in the Bahamas' - Birmingham Live - April 13th, 2021
- What's New In The Islands Of The Bahamas In April - PRNewswire - April 6th, 2021
- When is the best time to go to The Bahamas - Lonely Planet Travel News - April 6th, 2021
- Embarrassing state report on The Bahamas - Bahamas Tribune - April 6th, 2021
- TRYP Air Charter takes flight to the islands of The Bahamas - EyeWitness News - April 6th, 2021
- Florida's Senators Continue the Fight to Stop Drilling off the Bahamas - Florida Daily - April 6th, 2021
- Teresa Giudice's Daughters Glowed in Gorgeous Easter Outfits in the Bahamas - Yahoo Entertainment - April 6th, 2021
- STRICTER MEASURES: Travelers from Harbour Island & Eleuthera to rest of Bahamas must have negative RT-PCR test - EyeWitness News - April 6th, 2021
- REINFORCEMENTS: COVID-19 vaccines from COVAX Facility touchdown in The Bahamas - EyeWitness News - April 6th, 2021
- BY THE NUMBERS: PLP says it's impossible to have parity with current boundaries - EyeWitness News - April 6th, 2021
- PLAY FAIR: BCC says campaigning and public events should be treated equally - EyeWitness News - April 6th, 2021
- Concern mounts on possible third wave - Bahamas Tribune - April 6th, 2021