Posted: May 4, 2021 / 12:56 PM CDT / Updated: May 4, 2021 / 02:28 PM CDT
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. Governor Asa Hutchinson announced Tuesday afternoon a new goal to have half of Arkansans that are eligible forCOVID-19 vaccinationsreceive at least one shot in the next 90 days.
The governor said there are currently1,038,556Arkansans that have received at least one shot.
According to state officials, 467,206 more Arkansans would need to receive a shot to reach the goal by the deadline of July 31.
On Tuesday, the Biden administration set a goal that 70% of American adults receive at least one shot by July 4.
According to the Arkansas Department of Health, therewereanadditional296 COVID-19 cases, 20 hospitalizationsand five COVID-19 related deaths reported in the last 24 hours.
Of the 296 cases announced Tuesday, 174 are confirmed cases and 122 are considered probable cases.
Of the five deaths announced Tuesday, four are among confirmed cases and one isconsidered a probable COVID-19 case.
Dr. Jos Romero said health officials are keeping an eye on the increases in active cases and hospitalizations.
State officials say as of Monday, there are 29 counties with reported COVID-19 variants. Arkansas has seen an increase in the number of UK variant cases, which makes up 75% of the variant cases in the state.
The State of Arkansas recommends anyone who travels to India quarantine for 14 days after they return.
State officials also noted there is an increase in coronavirus cases in children.
ADH officials noted 700 additional COVID-19 vaccine doses were received and 10,982 were given Tuesday.
According to officials with the department of health, 270,426 Arkansans are partially immunized and 768,130 are fully immunized.
Since the beginning of the pandemic, there have been 336,462 COVID-19 cases, 2,043 active casesand 5,752 COVID-19 related deaths in Arkansas.
Governor Hutchinson announced Tuesday this would be the last COVID-19 weekly update, but he will continue to have weekly media availability on a variety of topics.
Follow this link:
- COVID-19 Travel Advisory | Department of Health - June 4th, 2021
- COVID-19: Latest Data - NYC Health - June 4th, 2021
- COVID-19 Vaccine | COVID-19 Vaccine - June 4th, 2021
- Want To Mix 2 Different COVID-19 Vaccines? Canada Is Fine With That - NPR - June 4th, 2021
- COVID-19 hospitalization rates in adolescents went up during March and April - The Verge - June 4th, 2021
- COVID-19 Daily Update 6-4-2021 - West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources - June 4th, 2021
- Gov. Reynolds releases statement on COVID-19 public service announcement | Office of the Governor of Iowa - Governor Kim Reynolds - June 4th, 2021
- U.S. authorizes Regeneron's COVID-19 antibody therapy for injection - Reuters - June 4th, 2021
- Biggest challenge to reach herd immunity is vaccinating those who had COVID-19, APH says - KXAN.com - June 4th, 2021
- Department of Health Announces Free COVID-19 Testing Site in Luzerne and Cumberland Counties - Pennsylvania Pressroom - June 4th, 2021
- Louisiana State Parks Offer Free Admission to People Vaccinated Against COVID-19 as the State Works to Bring Back Louisiana Summer | Office of... - June 4th, 2021
- Coronavirus tally: Global cases of COVID-19 top 172 million and more than 2 billion vaccine doses have been administered - MarketWatch - June 4th, 2021
- Study: Patients Receiving Dialysis at Higher Risk of COVID-19 Infection - Pharmacy Times - June 4th, 2021
- The Origin of COVID-19 and Preventing the Next Pandemic - War on the Rocks - June 4th, 2021
- Immokalee family loses 4th loved one to COVID-19, have special wish - Wink News - June 4th, 2021
- North Dakota saw continuing decline in COVID-19 cases, hospitalizations in the last week - INFORUM - June 4th, 2021
- When a Surgeon Became a Covid-19 Patient: I Had Never Faced the Reality of Death - The New York Times - June 4th, 2021
- Small business COVID-19 relief brought over $1B to Tysons area - Tysons Reporter - June 4th, 2021
- How Fear and Covid-19 Tore Apart One New Delhi Neighborhood - The New York Times - June 4th, 2021
- Tracking COVID-19 in Alaska: 46 cases and no deaths reported Thursday - Anchorage Daily News - June 4th, 2021
- FLASH REPORT #160 - COVID-19 Response and Recovery | News - City of San Jose, CA - May 20th, 2021
- COVID-19 Tests Highlight Need for Strengthened FDA Oversight and Diagnostics Legislation - The Pew Charitable Trusts - May 20th, 2021
- Preventing and mitigating COVID-19 at work - World Health Organization - May 20th, 2021
- Statement of the COVID-19 subcommittee of the WHO Global Advisory Committee on Vaccine Safety (GACVS) on safety signals related to the Johnson &... - May 20th, 2021
- They Returned To India To Be Near Their Fathers, But Lost Them Both To COVID-19 - NPR - May 20th, 2021
- Medicare and Telehealth: Coverage and Use During the COVID-19 Pandemic and Options for the Future - Kaiser Family Foundation - May 20th, 2021
- COVID-19 in Nursing Homes: Most Homes Had Multiple Outbreaks and Weeks of Sustained Transmission from May 2020 through January 2021 - Government... - May 20th, 2021
- Orange County Distributing Weather Radios at COVID-19 Vaccination Sites - Orange County Government, Florida - May 20th, 2021
- Tracking COVID-19 in Alaska: 97 cases and 1 death reported Wednesday - Anchorage Daily News - May 20th, 2021
- Baker-Polito Administration to Lift COVID Restrictions May 29, State to Meet Vaccination Goal by Beginning of June - Mass.gov - May 20th, 2021
- Change is Coming in California: Top 10 Revisions to COVID-19 Workplace Safety Rules for Employers - JD Supra - May 20th, 2021
- UPDATED: Blues dealing with discrepancies in COVID-19 testing - St. Louis Game Time - May 20th, 2021
- Europe to Open Borders to Tourists Vaccinated Against Covid-19 - The Wall Street Journal - May 20th, 2021
- New CDC guidance on timing of COVID-19 shots and other vaccines, a game changer - WKOW - May 20th, 2021
- Where COVID-19 has and hasn't spread since states reopened: Analysis - ABC News - May 20th, 2021
- COVID-19 Coronavirus Information | Danville, VA - Official ... - May 16th, 2021
- 76-year-old with COVID-19 wakes up moments before cremation in India: reports - WBOY.com - May 16th, 2021
- MAY 16: 6,000 Iowans have died from COVID-19, less than 150 new cases - kwwl.com - May 16th, 2021
- Investigate the origins of COVID-19 - Science Magazine - May 16th, 2021
- 1,000 COVID-19 vaccines available in City of Kyle mass vaccination event - KXAN.com - May 16th, 2021
- COVID-19 leaves Minnesota's Weights and Measures office strapped for cash | The Globe - The Globe - May 16th, 2021
- Can my employer ask if I have received the COVID-19 vaccine? What you need to know - WBOY.com - May 16th, 2021
- Virginia lifts mask mandate, will end COVID-19 restrictions on May 28 - Inside NoVA - May 16th, 2021
- This is the biggest contagion spot for COVID-19 in airports - KHON2 - May 16th, 2021
- Foreign expedition abandons Everest attempt citing COVID-19 risks - Reuters - May 16th, 2021
- Letter from the Editor: COVID-19 vaccine status of teacher was core to story - OregonLive - May 16th, 2021
- Schools Are Helping With COVID-19 Contact Tracing : Shots - Health News - NPR - May 16th, 2021
- Blues' David Perron placed on COVID-19 protocol list days before playoffs - The Athletic - May 16th, 2021
- Chest Burning Sensation and COVID-19: An Emergency Symptom - Healthline - May 16th, 2021
- 'Black Fungus' Infection Adds To India's COVID-19 Burden : Goats and Soda - NPR - May 16th, 2021
- KFF COVID-19 Vaccine Monitor: COVID-19 Vaccine Access, Information, and Experiences Among Hispanic Adults in the US | KFF - Kaiser Family Foundation - May 16th, 2021
- COVID-19 Risk-Based Guidelines Updated to Factor in Vaccination - AustinTexas.gov - May 4th, 2021
- Inside Indias COVID-19 Surge - The New Yorker - May 4th, 2021
- Don't skip your second dose of the COVID-19 vaccine, health experts warn - The Texas Tribune - May 4th, 2021
- Supply vs Demand: Which States are Reaching their COVID-19 Vaccine Tipping Points? - Kaiser Family Foundation - May 4th, 2021
- May 4: COVID-19 hospitalizations surge in Ohio, 204 reported in last 24 hours - News 5 Cleveland - May 4th, 2021
- New COVID-19 infections in France slow down further - Reuters - May 4th, 2021
- What we know about DeSantis executive order suspending local COVID-19 restrictions - Tampa Bay Times - May 4th, 2021
- Factbox: Reaction to suspension of IPL due to COVID-19 crisis - Reuters India - May 4th, 2021
- Europes Troubled Covid-19 Vaccine Rollout Turns the Corner - The Wall Street Journal - May 4th, 2021
- New Efforts to Manage Indias Second Wave of COVID-19 Infections - JD Supra - May 4th, 2021
- Do COVID-19 tests exaggerate the number of positive cases? - Grand Forks Herald - May 4th, 2021
- Study: First Wave COVID-19 Infection Rates in Health Care Workers Reflected General Population - Pharmacy Times - May 4th, 2021
- Tracking COVID-19 in Alaska: 1 death and 271 new cases reported over weekend - Anchorage Daily News - May 4th, 2021
- COVID-19 in South Dakota: 229 total new cases; Death toll at 1,973; Active cases at 1,445 - KELOLAND.com - May 4th, 2021
- How COVID-19 magnified the 'extreme disparities' in housing between Black, white residents - Courier Journal - May 4th, 2021
- India's recovery to be hit by COVID-19 surge; fiscal metrics to remain weak-S&P - Reuters India - May 4th, 2021
- N.Korea says COVID-19 vaccines are 'no panacea,' warns of lengthy battle - Reuters - May 4th, 2021
- Beshear stresses convenience of getting COVID-19 vaccine - Associated Press - May 4th, 2021
- Why treating Covid-19 with drugs is harder than you think - BBC News - May 4th, 2021
- May is Mental Health Awareness Month; impacts of COVID-19 on mental health (BOCC) - Larimer County - May 4th, 2021
- Next Generation of Covid-19 Vaccines Could Be Pill or Spray - The Wall Street Journal - May 4th, 2021
- Bentz urges Gov. Brown to lift renewed COVID-19 restrictions - KTVZ - May 4th, 2021
- Heres What Indias Journalists Told Me About The Covid-19 Surge There - Forbes - May 3rd, 2021
- Russia lags behind others in its COVID-19 vaccination drive - ABC News - May 3rd, 2021
- May 2 update on COVID-19 in MN: State nearing 2 million residents with completed vaccinations - Minnesota Public Radio News - May 3rd, 2021
- Russia is falling behind on its COVID-19 vaccination drive - MarketWatch - May 3rd, 2021
- EXPLAINER: COVID-19, far-right are top themes in Madrid vote - Associated Press - May 3rd, 2021
- Taiwan's first batch of COVID-19 aid leaves for India - Reuters India - May 3rd, 2021
- Indian industry body urges curbs to economic activity to save lives - Reuters India - May 3rd, 2021