The world is moving at an unbelievable pace, and nowhere is that more apparent than in technology. As available technologies expand and become more advanced, the line between the physical and virtual worlds gets more narrow. The physical side of technological advancements includes computers, mobile devices and sensors, while the virtual side is the software running on those physical devices.
Within the supply chain, various stakeholders run a wide variety of software solutions. These technologies manage operations, keep track of assets, plan shipments, complete transactions, identify new business opportunities, communicate with employees, monitor compliance and handle maintenance needs. Each of these solutions, which may be provided by different technology providers, represents a node that collects data.
While back-office shipper, broker, third-party logistics (3PL) and carrier staff have long used computers to manage operations within a transportation management system (TMS) or warehouse management system (WMS), the U.S. electronic logging device (ELD) mandate and upcoming Canadian ELD mandate have rapidly accelerated the use of physical technology in each truck thats on the road in the form of in-cab e-logging devices. The newfound ubiquity of technology within the trucking sector has unlocked huge potential for the industry to create a network of nodes that communicate with each other.
By connecting all of those nodes together as a single network rather than individual fragments, new opportunities for collaboration can be found within the supply chain opportunities that simultaneously improve uptime, create efficiencies and reduce costs.
There are many pieces of a shipments journey that must be managed correctly in order for it to get from shipments from origin to destination. Many solutions may be used along the way, including an enterprise resource planning (ERP) system, a procurement system, a TMS, WMS and more. A connected supply chain would bring the data from each of these solutions together into a single network platform, regardless of which provider developed each specific tech solution.
Additionally, each role within the supply chain, whether its a shipper, carrier, broker or 3PL, has a different set of goals and needs. These are similar enough that increased visibility into each others data would give all stakeholders the ability to collaborate more closely and create efficiencies.
In the past, tech solutions in the supply chain were built to stand alone or only integrate with the other solutions within that companys portfolio. This led to a very painful and expensive rip-and-replace mindset around hardware and software solutions that has ultimately become unbearable for the industry.
The good news is that pain helped create a new way of doing business, and those painful days are gone. What transportation and logistics companies need now is the ability to integrate all of the discrete solutions within their own operations, as well as to third parties, in order to keep shipments moving quickly and effectively.
Allowing users to access a more modular network of apps is what will eventually create a best-in-breed system that enables more transparent data visibility and collaboration between parties. It will bring down the cost of doing business while increasing efficiencies and enabling even more advanced analytics and insights.
The supply chain industry is only now beginning to scratch the surface of what is possible when advanced technologies are leveraged in tandem. As the world continues moving and changing, two of the most exciting new areas in technology are cryptocurrency and blockchain. These two technologies are very buzzworthy and often misunderstood, but the potential that both hold is amazing.
Blockchain is a new way to securely validate transactions and cryptocurrency is an alternate mode of payment for services. Both of these new forms of technology often go hand-in-hand as modular solutions, just like the connected supply chain. In fact, the network of connected nodes could be driven by blockchain, encrypting and validating every transaction that occurs throughout a shipments journey, and payments could be made using cryptocurrency.
The retail and warehousing sectors are already being transformed, but will continue to see massive changes in the near term as companies become more intelligent about what theyre stocking and how they stock it. Every day we move closer to a future where retail stores are more like showrooms, with customers ordering products in store for next-day or even same day home delivery. This future is enabled by increasingly advanced and connected technology.
While there is still work to be done over the coming years to bring these ideas into everyday use, these are no longer crazy, futuristic concepts. Instead, these futuristic technologies are currently being built, which means that the rest of the supply chain will need to catch up in order to be ready to take full advantage of the value they provide.
The supply chain fuels the world, so how are we fueling the supply chain? Preparing for a more collaborative, modular environment is the first step to enabling the supply chain of the future.
See the original post here:
- Transportation Management Systems (TMS) Market Will Showing Petition Growth in Near Future 2021-2027: Recent Trends and Competitive Analysis By Top... - July 29th, 2021
- Brain Mapping Method Illuminates Targets for Treating Depression and Parkinsons Disease - SciTechDaily - July 29th, 2021
- Logistics Technology: Key Developments Shaping the Industry - CIOReview - July 29th, 2021
- EKA Introduces Touchless Freight Trading and Execution - Yahoo Finance - July 27th, 2021
- TMS Symphonic Band selected to perform at AMEA Conference - Shelby County Reporter - Shelby County Reporter - July 27th, 2021
- Neuronetics (STIM) falls 2.82% in Light Trading on July 26 - Equities.com - July 27th, 2021
- Surge Transportation forges digital pathway with TMS integrations - FreightWaves - July 18th, 2021
- Axele TMS Tops 5K Users and 40K Loads, Closes out First Half of 2021 with 10X - GlobeNewswire - July 18th, 2021
- Transcranial Magnetic Stimulators (TMS) Market Potential Growth, Size, Share, Demand And Analysis Of Key Players Research Forecasts To 2027 The... - July 18th, 2021
- TSD1 receives funding for high school renovations as middle school work wraps up TMS expected to open for 2021-2022 school year -... - July 18th, 2021
- MindPath Care Centers Hosts Open House in Charlotte to Introduce FDA-Cleared Deep TMS Treatment for Major Depressive Disorder (MDD) and... - July 14th, 2021
- Axele TMS Tops 5K Users and 40K Loads, Closes out First Half of 2021 with 10X Growth in Monthly Recurring Revenue - Yahoo Finance - July 14th, 2021
- Centralization and digitalization: key priorities for global treasuries - BBVA - July 14th, 2021
- REWIND: Rock of Ages. The 1997 Rockfest concert in Fort Worth - WFAA.com - July 14th, 2021
- 2021 State of the Cloud: No end in sight - Logistics Management - July 14th, 2021
- Slag Handling Service Market 2021: Comprehensive Research Including Top Companies like-TMS International, Phoenix Services, Harsco, Edw. C. Levy Co.,... - July 14th, 2021
- Cybin Files its 13th Patent Application and Announces Digital Therapeutics Strategy - Business Wire - July 14th, 2021
- Greenbrook TMS (GBNH) Withdraws Proposed Share Offering - StreetInsider.com - June 28th, 2021
- Terminal Management System (TMS) Market Analytical Overview, Growth Factors, Demand and Trends Forecast to 2027 The Manomet Current - The Manomet... - June 28th, 2021
- Therapeutic Ultrasound Devices Market | Industry Insight 2021-2027 Covered players: , EDAP TMS, Dornier Medtech, InSightec, Siemens, and More The... - June 28th, 2021
- Shockwave Therapy Device market 2021 Global analysis, opportunities and forecast to 2027 | By Top Leading Vendors like , Boston Scientific... - June 28th, 2021
- Can Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) Hurt You ... - June 23rd, 2021
- TMS discusses thermal management in electric powertrains - Automotive Testing Technology International - June 23rd, 2021
- API vs. RPA whats the difference? - FreightWaves - June 23rd, 2021
- AI and edge computing: the future of traffic management - Business Reporter - June 23rd, 2021
- Massive Crowds Flock to Universal as Capacity Restrictions Disappear - Inside the Magic - June 23rd, 2021
- Global Treasury Management System (TMS) Market Research Report Covers, Future Trends, Past, Present Data and Deep Analysis 2021-2026 The Manomet... - June 23rd, 2021
- Global Transportation Managem ent Systems (TMS) Market Analysis, Market Insights, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2021-2025 The Manomet... - June 23rd, 2021
- Tla'amin Nation outlines conflict of interest - Powell River Peak - June 23rd, 2021
- Effects of repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation | NDT - Dove Medical Press - May 27th, 2021
- BrainsWay Announces First of its Kind Positive Coverage Policy by Centene for the Treatment of OCD - GlobeNewswire - May 27th, 2021
- TMS student overcomes obstacle to excel in track and cross country. - WCBI - May 27th, 2021
- Manhattan Associates Unveils the Industry's Fastest and Smartest Multi-modal Transportation Optimization Engine - StreetInsider.com - May 27th, 2021
- Lupin The 3rd Part Six Unveils New Trailer - ComicBook.com - May 27th, 2021
- Registration of the reduced quantity of shares in Nexstim Plc (the last phase) - GlobeNewswire - May 27th, 2021
- Residents of Duncan have a voice in planning the future - My Cowichan Valley Now - May 18th, 2021
- Talent Management Software (TMS) Market | Covid-19 Impact Analysis | 2021 | Current Trends, Opportunity, Growth Potential, Industry Size, and Forecast... - May 18th, 2021
- Global Transportation Managem ent Systems (TMS) Market Size 2021, Share, Emerging-Trends, Growth, Services, Growth-Analysis, Top Manufacturers,... - May 18th, 2021
- Biogen Announces Exercise of Option to Acquire the Investigational Drug TMS-007 for Acute Ischemic Stroke - GlobeNewswire - May 16th, 2021
- Results: EDAP TMS S.A. Exceeded Expectations And The Consensus Has Updated Its Estimates - Yahoo Finance - May 16th, 2021
- South Jersey MS Center Now Offering TMS Therapy For Those With Chronic Treatment-Resistant Illnesses - Yahoo Finance - May 16th, 2021
- Analysts Offer Insights on Healthcare Companies: EDAP TMS (EDAP), Veru (VERU) and Kamada (KMDA) - Smarter Analyst - May 16th, 2021
- The Dallas Cowboys Will Start 0-1 - And Win The NFC East - Sports Illustrated - May 16th, 2021
- 2021 Latest Insights On Toll Management System(TMS) Industry. Understand Market Future And Impact Of Covid-19 On The Industry Clark County Blog -... - May 16th, 2021
- Global High-intensity Focused Ultrasound (HIFU) therapy Market 2021 Top 10 Key players |EDAP TMS, THERACLION, CARDIAWAVE, BrainSonix Corporation, FUS... - May 16th, 2021
- Global Radioactive Iodine Ablation Therapy Market Research Report, Growth Trends and Competitive Analysis 2021-2027 KSU | The Sentinel Newspaper -... - May 16th, 2021
- INTERVIEW: 'Army of the Dead's Matthias Schweighfer Talks Safecracking, Zack Snyder, and Prequels - The Mary Sue - May 16th, 2021
- Huge Demand of Digital Piano Market by 2027 | TMS, The ONE Music Group, Kurzweil, Williams Test & Measurement - Test & Measurement - May 16th, 2021
- Quantity of shares in Nexstim Plc after completion of the first phase in reducing the quantity of shares - StreetInsider.com - May 16th, 2021
- Global High-intensity Focused Ultrasound Therapy Market 2021 Challenges by enhanceing manufactures:EDAP TMS, SonaCare Medical, Theraclion, ILJIN... - May 16th, 2021
- Talent Management Software (TMS) Market Research Provides an In-Depth Analysis on the Future Growth Prospects and Industry Trends Adopted by the... - May 16th, 2021
- EDAP TMS SA to Announce First Quarter 2021 Financial Results on May 11, 2021 - Yahoo Finance - May 9th, 2021
- Greenbrook TMS Announces Change of Dates for Its First Quarter 2021 Financial Results - Business Wire - May 9th, 2021
- As One Pandemic Ends, My Tips on How To Navigate This Next One - MD Magazine - May 9th, 2021
- Global TMS(Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation) Coil Market by Type (H-coil, C-core Coil, Circular Crown Coil), By Application (Hospital, Clinic,... - May 9th, 2021
- Talent Management Systems (TMS) Market COVID -19 Impact | Growth, Analysis, Opportunities and Forecast To 2027 by Growing Players: Oracle, SAP, IBM,... - May 9th, 2021
- Vin Diesels break-dance video brings the internet as Ken guesses him to be Yeti on TMS - Republic TV - May 9th, 2021
- Greenbrook TMS Announces Proposed Public Offering of Common Shares - Business Wire - May 4th, 2021
- Ruan Partners with Mastery Logistics to Enhance TMS Platform and Redefine Supply Chain Software - DC Velocity - May 4th, 2021
- AscendTMS And uShip Partner to Support SMB Shippers with Seamless Neutral FTL / LTL Platform - DC Velocity - May 4th, 2021
- Qualifying with race downforce at Texas will aid TMS novices - Motorsport.com - May 4th, 2021
- MagVenture receives CE approvals for noninvasive brain treatment of addiction, OCD, and depression with anxiety symptoms - PRNewswire - May 4th, 2021
- Boston Seaport Announces Plans for The Holiday Market at Snowport and Calls All Makers, Artists and Chefs to Apply - Boston Real Estate Times - May 4th, 2021
- Treasury Management System (TMS) Market To Surpass Covid-19 Cringe From 2021 Onward The Courier - The Courier - May 4th, 2021
- 123Loadboard Partners With AscendTMS for In-Depth Load Searching Integration - DC Velocity - April 23rd, 2021
- Global TMS(Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation) Coil Market 2020 by Manufacturers, Regions, Type and Application, Forecast to 2025 NeighborWebSJ -... - April 23rd, 2021
- Texas Motor Speedway Vaccination Clinic Closes Friday Due to Severe Weather - NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth - April 23rd, 2021
- TMS Neuronavigation Systems Market Production, Revenue and Price Forecast by Type 2021 to 2027 Neurosoft (Russia), neuroCare Group (Germany), Inomed... - April 23rd, 2021
- Tyto Athene, LLC Awarded $11.6M for United States Air Force Global Sustainment Task Orders for TMS, CTS and Enhanced 9-1-1 - Business Wire - April 15th, 2021
- Molecular Signatures of the Aging Process in Mice Revealed - Technology Networks - April 15th, 2021
- How to treat anxiety without medication: 8 natural remedies - Medical News Today - April 15th, 2021
- Elite Transit Solutions Announces Aggressive Growth: Opens New Chicago and Charlotte Locations and Begins Hiring 200+ Employees - PR Web - April 15th, 2021
- Toll Management System(TMS) Market 2021 Is Booming Across the Globe by Share, Size, Growth, Segments and Forecast to 2027 | Top Players Analysis-... - April 15th, 2021
- Analysts Offer Insights on Healthcare Companies: and Greenbrook Tms (GBNH) - Smarter Analyst - April 11th, 2021
- Global Transportation Management Systems (TMS) Market 2021 by Key Players, Regions, Type and Application, Forecast to 2027 (Based on COVID-19 Impact... - April 11th, 2021
- TMS(Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation) Coil Market 2021 Is Rapidly Increasing Worldwide in Near Future | Top Companies Analysis- MAG & More,... - April 11th, 2021
- Maven Machines Integrates with McLeod Software to Improve Fleet and Driver Workflow - DC Velocity - April 11th, 2021
- Another Win for Health Insurers, a Big Loss for this Patient - CounterPunch.org - CounterPunch - April 11th, 2021
- Transcranial Magnetic Stimulators (TMS) Market 2021 Is Booming Across the Globe by Share, Size, Growth, Segments and Forecast to 2027 | Top Players... - April 11th, 2021
- Global Transportation and Logistics Software Market Status Analysis and Forecast 2021-2027 with key player- TMW, 3G tms, AFS Transportation... - April 11th, 2021