Rashid Khan has been outstanding with the ball
The sixth season of the Hero Caribbean Premier League got off to a blistering start and the tournament has gotten even better in the last week. There hasnt been any dearth of excitement and credit goes to the players for making the event an absolute exhibition.
Over the course of the second week, there have been several players who churned out exceptional performances for their respective sides.
As we move along, we take you through the stand-out players in the second week of the Hero Caribbean Premier League.
Afghanistans very own Rashid Khan has been taking rapid strides into the cricketing world at a tender age of 18 years. In the first week of the Caribbean Premier League, he struggled to add on to the wickets column but turned things around in the events second week.
Against the Trinbago Knight Riders, he was the Warriors most economical bowler with figures of 4-0-18-0, which included a maiden. In the next game, he got a stranglehold on the St Lucia Stars batsmen with a spell of 4-0-9-2, which completely took the momentum out of the Stars innings.
Khan was a touch expensive in the Warriors next game against the Jamaica Tallawahs. However, during his spell, he picked up two vital wickets of Lendl Simmons and Jonathan Foo.
Shadab Khan after picking up a wicket
Shadab Khan, the 18-year-old leg-spinner from Pakistan, has received appreciations from the cricketing fraternity ever since he made his debut in Pakistan colours. He was then rewarded with a spot in the Trinbago Knight Riders team in the Caribbean Premier League.
In the second week of the season, Khan was outstanding will the ball. His figures of 4-0-28-4 rocked the Guyana Amazon Warriors. Against the Barbados Tridents, he choked Kieron Pollard and Co with a spell of 4-0-20-1.
He was a touch expensive against the St Kitts and Nevis Patriots, but picked up the crucial wicket of Shamarh Brooks when was threatening to take the game away from the Knight Riders at Port of Spain.
Colin Munro has carried on from where he left in the first week
Colin Munro is renowned for playing his strokes and taking the opposition bowling by the scruff of the neck through his aggressive intent. After an impressive first week in the Caribbean Premier League, the Kiwi carried forward his form in the second week.
He failed in the one odd game, but was yet again the Knight Riders man with the bat at the top of the order. He started the week with the Man of the Match award against the Guyana Amazon Warriors when he scored 70 runs from 47 balls that helped his team chase down a target of 156 without much fuss.
He struggled in the next game against the Barbados Tridents, but made amends with a quick-fire knock of 36 runs in 30 balls against the St Kitts and Nevis Patriots.
Andre Fletcher has been the silver lining in the dark clouds of the St Lucia Stars
St Lucia Stars campaign in the Caribbean Premier League has been an absolute disaster. Nevertheless, there has been one genuine positive for them in the form of West Indies international Andre Fletcher, who has been the stand-out batsman for the Stars.
In the first game of the week, the Stars stumbled to chase down a target of 197 set by the St Kitts and Nevis Patriots after Fletcher got them off to a flier with a knock of 48 runs in 33 balls. Against the Guyana Amazon Warriors, Fletcher didnt go big, but he set the tone for the innings with a couple of boundaries.
He played a superlative hand against the Jamaica Tallawahs with an innings of 84 runs in 53 balls, which helped the Stars put up a decent total of 173 on the board. However, even after Fletcher's batting spectacle, the Tallawahs traced down the target.
Sunil Narine has been outstanding in all departments on the field
Sunil Narine has easily been the pick of the players in the second week of the Caribbean Premier League. Apart from his skills with the ball, the off-spinner has shown tremendous potential with the bat in the recent times.
Against the Guyana Amazon Warriors, Narine returned with figures of 4-0-16-2 and also scored 23 runs with a four and a six. The next game against the Barbados Tridents was more of Narine with the bat than with the ball.
He bowled well with figures of 4-0-17-0, but his batting overshadowed it on the day as he piled on his career best score of 79 runs in 45 balls. In the next encounter too, he was right on the money as he conceded only 26 runs for 2 wickets.
- Montauk Meets The Caribbean: Navy Beach Opens In St.Thomas And St. Maarten - Forbes - October 20th, 2019
- Study explores why Caribbean adults have higher hypertension rates - Yale News - October 20th, 2019
- The Caribbean Shows the Way to a Renewable Future - Greentech Media News - October 20th, 2019
- Two Universities Sign Historic Agreement on Slavery Reparations in the Caribbean - The Good Men Project - October 20th, 2019
- This Top Caribbean Eco-Resort Is Returning in 2020 - Caribbean Journal - October 20th, 2019
- Royal Caribbeans Adventure of the Seas requests help from Coast Guard off Jersey Shore - USA TODAY - October 20th, 2019
- Best Snorkeling and Scuba Destinations in the Caribbean - Fodor's Travel - October 20th, 2019
- Karen Gillan Being Eyed To Lead Pirates Of The Caribbean Reboot - We Got This Covered - October 20th, 2019
- 'Dancing With the Stars': James Van Der Beek's Kids Adorably Recreate His 'Pirates of the Caribbean' Routine - PopCulture.com - October 20th, 2019
- The Caribbean, India's Golden Triangle, safari in southern Africa and other holiday favourites - The Times - October 20th, 2019
- Tropical Storm Nestor: Will swirling vortex reach the Caribbean? - Express.co.uk - October 20th, 2019
- Tiny Caribbean Island is the Only Place with Cist Graves in the Americas - Ancient Origins - October 20th, 2019
- Royal Caribbean Stock Will Outperform, Analyst Says - Barron's - October 20th, 2019
- The best beach islands are in the Caribbean - Cleveland Jewish News - August 25th, 2017
- Caribbean jerk chicken and a savory side - Auburn Journal - August 25th, 2017
- Walk in the Footsteps of Alexander Hamilton on This Tiny Caribbean Island - Smithsonian - August 25th, 2017
- A Taste Of The Caribbean In Philadelphia - CBS Philly - August 20th, 2017
- African slaves were both medical guinea pigs and scientists on ... - Quartz - August 20th, 2017
- Harvey Could Rebound in the Western Caribbean; Two Other Areas Are Being Monitored For Tropical Development - Wunderground.com (blog) - August 20th, 2017
- Tropical cyclone expected Thursday from wave nearing Caribbean - Miami Herald - August 20th, 2017
- Royal Caribbean Post Round-Up: August 20, 2017 - Royal Caribbean Blog (blog) - August 20th, 2017
- Tropical Storm Harvey forms east of the Caribbean, forecasters say - Sun Sentinel - August 18th, 2017
- Hero Caribbean Premier League brings top-tier cricket to Lauderhill - Sun Sentinel - August 18th, 2017
- Bonnie Tyler to sing 'Total Eclipse of the Heart' on Royal Caribbean cruise during total solar eclipse - Fox News - August 18th, 2017
- Royal Caribbean CEO: College taught me the right way to protest - CNBC - August 18th, 2017
- Royal Caribbean ramping up China efforts with new super-ship - Asia Times - August 18th, 2017
- Triple tropical threat looms in the Atlantic, Caribbean - AccuWeather.com - August 16th, 2017
- Royal Caribbean reveals name of newest cruise ship for China and celebrates steel cutting ceremony - Royal Caribbean Blog (blog) - August 16th, 2017
- 'Muslim Origins in the Caribbean' lectures to be held at university - Virgin Islands Daily News - August 16th, 2017
- Has rail a future in the Caribbean? - Virgin Islands Daily News - August 16th, 2017
- Royal Caribbean will feature Bonnie Tyler singing "Total Eclipse of the Heart" on Total Eclipse cruise - Royal Caribbean Blog (blog) - August 16th, 2017
- Spotted: Deluxe Beverage and Ultimate Dining Package combo - Royal Caribbean Blog (blog) - August 16th, 2017
- Deloitte Selects Miami Based Unified Technologies for Caribbean Cyber Security Alliance - IoT Evolution World (blog) - August 16th, 2017
- Is the business class taking over Caribbean politics? - Antigua Observer - August 14th, 2017
- Conversations about women's sexuality in carnival culture - Caribbean Life - August 14th, 2017
- Player feedback results in the return of PokerStars Caribbean Adventure - World Casino Directory - August 14th, 2017
- The District becomes Caribbean island paradise - Quad-Cities Online - August 13th, 2017
- Caribbean Filmmakers Stepping Up* - Trinidad & Tobago Express - August 13th, 2017
- AP PHOTOS: Editor selections from Latin America, Caribbean - New Jersey Herald - August 13th, 2017
- Aruba Hosts Caribbean's Largest Vow Renewal - Caribbean360.com (subscription) - August 13th, 2017
- Report shows amount Caribbean states paid firms to lobby the US - WIC News - August 13th, 2017
- Royal Caribbean offering instant savings and Oasis Class bonuses for weekend Sail Away Sale - Royal Caribbean Blog (blog) - August 13th, 2017
- Feasting Through the Western Caribbean on Carnival's Vista - The Daily Meal - August 10th, 2017
- Critically endangered staghorn corals are benefiting from coral gardening in the Caribbean - Mongabay.com - August 10th, 2017
- Seafood festival with Caribbean accent comes to town - Pittsburgh Post-Gazette - August 9th, 2017
- Air France adds Caribbean route from Atlanta - USA TODAY - August 9th, 2017
- Aruba Hosts Caribbean's Largest Vow Renewal - PR Newswire (press release) - August 9th, 2017
- Tropical systems to unleash torrential downpours in northern Caribbean - AccuWeather.com - August 9th, 2017
- Sak Pase! Rihanna's Thick New Bod Shuts Down Caribbean Carnival - Wetpaint - August 9th, 2017
- Orange Hosts Grand Caribbean Festival & Parade - TAPinto.net - August 9th, 2017
- Top things to do on a sea day on a Royal Caribbean cruise - Royal Caribbean Blog (blog) - August 9th, 2017
- State worker faked injuries, went kayaking in Caribbean, IG says ... - Albany Times Union - August 8th, 2017
- Liddick: Look to the Caribbean to see America's future (column) - Summit Daily News - August 8th, 2017
- Tropical Storm Franklin forms in western Caribbean, hurricane watches posted for Mexico - Washington Post - August 8th, 2017
- Royal Caribbean plans beach enhancements at private destination of Labadee - Royal Caribbean Blog (blog) - August 8th, 2017
- UPDATE: 2 potential systems brewing in Caribbean, Atlantic - MyPalmBeachPost (blog) - August 8th, 2017
- International fugitive who bilked $130K out of elderly people arrested in SC - The State - August 6th, 2017
- "Talking the Tropics With Mike": Tropical disturbance in Caribbean - Aug. 6th - ActionNewsJax.com - August 6th, 2017
- Puerto Rican island is a Caribbean paradise without the frills [column] - LancasterOnline - August 6th, 2017
- Royal Caribbean Post Round-Up: August 6, 2017 - Royal Caribbean Blog (blog) - August 6th, 2017
- COO Goldstein Sells Over $14000000 in Royal Caribbean Stock - Cruise Law News - August 6th, 2017
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Bring Their PDA to the Caribbean on Barbados Vacation - Entertainment Tonight - August 6th, 2017
- UPDATE: 2 potential systems brewing in Caribbean, Atlantic - Palm Beach Post (blog) - August 6th, 2017
- Royal Caribbean's Majesty of the Seas Adding Havana, Cuba As Port of Call In 2019 - SpaceCoastDaily.com - August 6th, 2017
- Spirits high despite rain at Toronto Caribbean Carnival Grande Parade - Toronto Star - August 6th, 2017
- "Talking the Tropics With Mike": Caribbean wave trying to organize ... - ActionNewsJax.com - August 6th, 2017
- Caribbean, East Atlantic may spawn tropical threats in coming days - AccuWeather.com - August 5th, 2017
- 2017 Caribbean Hoopfest Slated for August 16-21 in Montego Bay, Jamaica - SLAM Online - August 5th, 2017
- UN agencies say Caribbean fails to fully meet recommended standards for breastfeeding - Jamaica Observer - August 5th, 2017
- South Atlanta Caribbean Cultural Festival planned for Aug. 19 - News-Daily.com - August 5th, 2017
- Royal Caribbean tests Diamond drink redemption change - Royal Caribbean Blog (blog) - August 5th, 2017
- Caribbean, East Atlantic may spawn tropical threats in coming days - Fox News - August 4th, 2017
- Airbnb will let you rent your own off-the-grid Caribbean island - Inhabitat - August 4th, 2017
- The time for Caribbean flair is now - ESPN - August 4th, 2017
- Sunday Supper: Caribbean Salmon - Minneapolis Star Tribune - August 4th, 2017
- Would You Buy Donald Trump's $17 Million Caribbean Mansion? - Cosmopolitan.com - August 3rd, 2017
- Should it matter who pays for Caribbean development? - Virgin Islands Daily News - August 3rd, 2017
- Royal Caribbean: Just Say You Were Wrong, OK? - Barron's - August 3rd, 2017
- Donald Trump's Massive Caribbean Estate Isn't Selling, So He Just Dropped the Price by $11 Million (PICS) - Bravo (blog) - August 3rd, 2017
- Indie Spotlight: 'Scraps' Animates The Mischief Of A Caribbean Cat - Tubefilter - August 3rd, 2017