Fractals are repetitive patterns in which the price of an asset within a period of time acts similarly as it did in a previous period, which is not necessarily of the same length. While these movements are not always identical, they always share numerous similarities, most often the ratios between different proportions of the movements.
These recurring patterns have very often been used to make predictions about the price in the future date, assuming that the price will act similarly.
Long-time trader and analyst @cryptopicasso noted a possible repetitive pattern in the price movement of Bitcoin in March and October 2019.
Besides the direction and magnitude of price movement, these patterns possibly have the same relationship between the 100- and 200-period moving averages (MA).
However, the current move is developing at a potentially faster rate, since the chart uses the hourly time-frame as opposed to the four-hour in the March movement.
Lets look at both these movements in more detail and determine how similar they actually are.
On February 9, the Bitcoin price began an upward move from a low of $3422. This was followed by a bullish cross between the 100- and 200-period MA on February 18.
The price created an ascending support line, which was touched three times before the price broke down.
Afterward, the price increased to validate the previous support as resistance, a very common movement after a breakdown.
But, instead of decreasing, it began a rapid increase above $5000. This movement continued until June 24, when the price reached a high of $13,764, marking an increase of roughly 400%
The price began an upward move after reaching a low of $7798 on October 7.
This was followed by a bullish cross between the 100- and 200-period MAs on October 10.
The price created an ascending support line and validated it three times.
If the price acts in the same manner as in March, it will break down from the support line, validate it, and continue its upward movement.
Unlike the previous period, a bearish cross transpired between the MAs, as mentioned above, on October 15.
While we could see an initial pump above $9000 similar to that at the beginning of April, we do not believe the price will continue its increase for a long period, similar to previously when it eventually reached a high of $13,764 on June 26.
The reason for doing so is the current trading pattern and wave count.
While we could see an extended wave four up to the resistance line at $9200, we do not think a breakout is likely before the price finishes one more downward wave.
Do you think the fractal will prove correct, or will it be invalidated? Let us know in the comments below.
Disclaimer: This article is not trading advice and should not be construed as such. Always consult a trained financial professional before investing in cryptocurrencies, as the market is particularly volatile.
Images are courtesy of Shutterstock, TradingView.
View original post here:
Bitcoin Will Break Out Again in November, Suggests Cryptocurrency Trader - BeInCrypto
- Crypto Tidbits: RBC May Embrace Bitcoin, China Bashes Cryptocurrency, Ethereum DeFi Booming - newsBTC - November 17th, 2019
- Is a Cryptocurrency Derivatives Boom On Its Way? - Yahoo Finance - November 17th, 2019
- 2 men arrested in elaborate plot to steal $550K in cryptocurrency by hacking social media accounts - USA TODAY - November 17th, 2019
- This cryptocurrencys price just pumped 7,000%, but why? - Decrypt - November 17th, 2019
- The cryptocurrency market update: Bitcoin and major altcoins pass the time in ranges - FXStreet - November 17th, 2019
- Crypto-corruption In 2018, a major Russian cryptocurrency exchange lost $450 million in Bitcoin. Now, the exchange's founder is saying he transferred... - November 17th, 2019
- Big Canadian bank rumored to offer cryptocurrency accounts, Bitcoin trading - The Next Web - November 17th, 2019
- Switzerland gets another Bitcoin bank that holds cryptocurrency for customers - The Next Web - November 17th, 2019
- Banning Cryptocurrency Is Not On Indian Parliaments Winter Session Agenda - Inc42 Media - November 17th, 2019
- What Could Trigger the Next Cryptocurrency Alt Season? - Dash News - November 17th, 2019
- U.S. cant let criminals get the upper hand by using Chinas coming cryptocurrency - MarketWatch - November 17th, 2019
- China planning to reward its soldiers with cryptocurrency - FXStreet - November 17th, 2019
- Creativity and Value Will Win the Cryptocurrency Exchange Wars - newsBTC - November 17th, 2019
- Heres why the UK should launch its own cryptocurrency - Telegraph.co.uk - November 17th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency Exchange Bankruptcies Are the Failed ICOs of 2019 - BeInCrypto - November 17th, 2019
- Beware of cryptocurrency gurus like Dr Ruja and her OneCoin cult - Jim Duffy - The Scotsman - November 17th, 2019
- China to reward troops with cryptocurrency bonuses - Express - November 17th, 2019
- The cryptocurrency market update: Bitcoin and major altcoins are vulnerable to further losses - FXStreet - November 17th, 2019
- Helium is building a peer-to-peer internet-of-things network - Fast Company - November 17th, 2019
- Coinbase Announces its Upcoming Cryptocurrency IRA - The Merkle Hash - November 17th, 2019
- Three Classic Coins That Attempt To Preserve Existing Cryptocurrency Features - Bitrates - November 17th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency tracking improves -- but how? - FCW.com - November 9th, 2019
- Senator Romney Considers Action As A Nation On Cryptocurrency Threat To Homeland Security - Forbes - November 9th, 2019
- Why Is the Stellar Lumen Cryptocurrency Up 18% Today? - Motley Fool - November 9th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency This Week: Facebooks Marcus Terms Bitcoin Not A Currency; Regulation A Must, ... - Inc42 Media - November 9th, 2019
- Vancouver-based cryptocurrency exchange latest to shutter with millions owing to clients - Vancouver Sun - November 9th, 2019
- Governments race to beat Facebook's cryptocurrency, libra, at its own game: Don Pittis - CBC.ca - November 9th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency for Africa: Akon Reveals When He's Going to Launch His Own Coin - U.Today - November 9th, 2019
- Swell the News? XRP Drops 5% as Ripples Flagship Event Kicks Off - Cointelegraph - November 9th, 2019
- Why Are Cryptocurrencies Becoming a Mainstay of International Business Platforms? - CryptoNewsZ - November 9th, 2019
- Startup Targets Cryptocurrency Crime - But Will The Big Banks Come On Board? - Forbes - October 24th, 2019
- Major Bitcoin Miner Warns The Cryptocurrency Needs Better Privacy - Forbes - October 24th, 2019
- Why Cryptocurrency is in The Spotlight For More Central Banks - newsBTC - October 24th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency Mining Hardware Market 2019-2023 | Evolving Opportunities with Advanced Micro Devices, Inc and Baikal Miner | Technavio - Business Wire - October 24th, 2019
- Bank of Canada Warms To National Cryptocurrency, Will it Compete Against Bitcoin? - newsBTC - October 24th, 2019
- Facebook's Cryptocurrency Libra Could Threaten Alipay and WeChat Pay, Tencent Says - CryptoGlobe - October 24th, 2019
- Are Smart Cities The Pathway To Blockchain And Cryptocurrency Adoption? - Forbes - October 24th, 2019
- Where US Regulators Stand on Cryptocurrency - Bitcoin News - October 24th, 2019
- Europol: Bitcoin is the principal cryptocurrency used in the dark web - FXStreet - October 17th, 2019
- SEC puts a stop to Telegram's cryptocurrency plans in the US - Engadget - October 17th, 2019
- Alert: IRS Releases Long-Awaited Guidance on Taxation of Cryptocurrency Transactions - JD Supra - October 17th, 2019
- Chinas Global Cryptocurrency May Be on the Horizon - ETF Trends - October 17th, 2019
- As Facebook's libra faces headwinds, China is racing to launch its own global cryptocurrency - CNBC - October 16th, 2019
- Mastering Emotions and Managing Risk in Cryptocurrency Trading - Coindesk - October 16th, 2019
- Telegram might be forced to put its global cryptocurrency plans on ice - MIT Technology Review - October 16th, 2019
- Theres A New Question On Your 1040 As IRS Gets Serious About Cryptocurrency - Forbes - October 16th, 2019
- An overview of Facebooks cryptocurrency supporters whos in and whos out - The Next Web - October 16th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency market update: Bulls swinging into action, Bitcoin, Ripple and Ethereum in the green - FXStreet - October 16th, 2019
- Another partner abandons Facebooks cryptocurrency - Marketplace.org - October 16th, 2019
- The New Guidance on Cryptocurrency - Accountingweb.com - October 16th, 2019
- The issuer of a star cryptocurrency is being sued for $1.4trn - The Economist - October 16th, 2019
- Casbaneiro is a threat to cryptocurrency in Latin America - Yahoo Finance - October 16th, 2019
- CipherTrace report: 87% of cryptocurrency trading is now traceable - FXStreet - October 16th, 2019
- Facebooks Blockchain-Based Cryptocurrency Libra: Everything You Need To Know - Forbes - October 8th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency: What to know about digital money - Fox Business - October 8th, 2019
- India must note that bitcoin is much more than a cryptocurrency - Quartz India - October 8th, 2019
- The Best Way to Play Bitcoin and the Cryptocurrency Market - The Motley Fool - October 8th, 2019
- 'We're closer than we've ever been' to bitcoin ETF approval, says Bitwise head of research - CNBC - October 8th, 2019
- The World's View of Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Is Rapidly Changing - Times of India - October 8th, 2019
- Have at It, Libra: Theres No Apple Cryptocurrency on the Horizon - Blockonomi - October 8th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency firm slapped with cease-and-desist after impersonating registered financial adviser - The Next Web - October 8th, 2019
- International exchanges campaign against UK cryptocurrency derivatives ban - The Next Web - October 8th, 2019
- 7 Top Cryptocurrency Traders to Follow on Twitter - BeInCrypto - October 8th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency buying and selling and how it works - What Investment - October 8th, 2019
- How Adoption Of Cryptocurrency Stablecoins Can Open Access To The 1.7 Billion Unbanked and Poor - Forbes - October 8th, 2019
- This Cryptocurrency Just Surpassed Bitcoin In One Key Adoption Metric - Forbes - October 2nd, 2019
- Will Facebook's Libra Overtake Bitcoin Cryptocurrency And The Ethereum Blockchain? How Will It Work? - Forbes - October 2nd, 2019
- Bitcoin has a massive carbon footprint. This clever new cryptocurrency doesnt - Digital Trends - October 2nd, 2019
- The Potential and Reality of Cryptocurrency in Video Gaming - Finextra - October 2nd, 2019
- 3 things the leaked Zuckerberg tapes taught us about Facebooks Libra cryptocurrency - The Next Web - October 2nd, 2019
- Exploring cryptocurrency and blockchain in Iceland - Penn: Office of University Communications - October 2nd, 2019
- The cryptocurrency market failed to develop sustainable recovery, slips back into the red territory - FXStreet - October 2nd, 2019
- 24-Carat Cryptocurrency: Returning to the Gold Standard - Equities.com - October 2nd, 2019
- Dollar-pegged stablecoin Tether is now the worlds 4th biggest cryptocurrency - The Next Web - October 2nd, 2019
- BitPay to add support for XRP cryptocurrency later this year - The Block Crypto - October 2nd, 2019
- Fusions $6.4M cryptocurrency theft could be an inside job, firm says - The Next Web - October 2nd, 2019
- Algorand cryptocurrency lost 94% of its value in its first three months - Decrypt - October 2nd, 2019
- TalkTalk hacker's crypto assets auctioned off by police - IT PRO - October 2nd, 2019
- Justin Sun seeks Andrew Yangs attention with another cryptocurrency UBI pitch - The Next Web - October 2nd, 2019
- Russian Deputy PM Says He Supports a State-Backed Cryptocurrency - CoinDesk - August 25th, 2017