Bystreamlining its entire logistics and last-mile delivery process, BidvestWaltonscan deliver on its promise and improve the overall customerexperience. The stationerhas subscribed to Picups Transport ManagementSystem (TMS) to deliver a reliable logistics solution.
Thepartnership was born when Bidvest Waltons encountered Picup through an ongoingproject to improve service delivery and efficiencies from its main distributioncentre in the Western Cape.
Picupthen came to Bidvest Waltons aid during a strike, in a dire situation, whereexisting delivery methods were strained causing a massive backlog indeliveries. Thereafter, Picup was retained to assess the driver routing andoverall distribution model.
Weeklysite visits with key stakeholders were conducted to understand the existingoperations, systems and constraints. Picup had to analyse different departmentsand role players and provide a tailored logistics solution through the TMS.
Picup isdifferent from conventional couriers because its advanced technology and fleetmanagement tools enable companies to deliver using their own fleet, a thirdparty courier or its own crowdsourced driver network.
Antonio Bruni, Picup CEO, says after the evaluation, it was very clear that Bidvest Waltons could use Picups technology to manage its fleet more efficiently.
When volumes increased, there was definitely value in using Picup as a delivery partner. Our crowdsourced driver network was clearly the answer during the strike, said Bruni.
The Picup driver app allows routes to be optimised, eliminating the choice of familiar routes. This saves time and reduces fuel and maintenance costs considerably.
ThePicup TMS has saved Bidvest Waltons both time and money during the last mile,as well as given the company full visibility of each individual delivery. Thisensures driver accountability and benchmarking which drives good behaviour andoverall efficiencies.
One ofthe reasons for this high success rate is our driver-partner remunerationmodel. We use a pay per parcel method versus the pay by volumetric-weightmethod that most conventional couriers use, Bruni adds.
The TMSautomatically processes addresses and converts them into GPS coordinates inreal-time based on the GPS co-ordinates of the device using the Picup app.
Bruni says in last-mile delivery, incorrect addresses can be a major hiccup particularly in a South African environment.
Incorrectly captured and changing address information is an unavoidable risk, especially for companies with a large number of customers or customers with a large, or growing, number of branches, he said.
In theevent of addresses needing to be corrected, as identified through driverfeedback on the app, a dedicated Data Integrity Team is able to shift thelocation pin to a more accurate or relevant location. Once an address has beencorrected, Picups AI modules automatically update the clients information.
BidvestWaltons has also implemented the Picup Warehouse solution where parcels arelabelled and packed according to their allocation. Once the parcels leave thewarehouse, they can be tracked in real-time. The solution fully integrates withBidvest Waltons invoicing system for seamless operation.
TheDispatch Control System (DCS) allows for parcels to be labelled and packedaccording to allocation. This mitigates delays during dispatch and providesparcel-level visibility post-dispatch.
Byintegrating into Bidvest Waltons ERP system, Picup has gained a holistic viewof organisation-wide data and identified areas where the TMS technology couldimprove the efficiency of the supply chain.
Thesuccess of Picups TMS has given Bidvest Waltons full visibility on itsdeliveries. The solution enables them to geocode all of their addresses andapproximate the cost of each trip in advance, empowering them to make aninformed decision as to which delivery option is the most efficient andcost-effective.
TheEnterprise platform has a built-in search engine, this allows users to accessinvoices and electronic Proof of Delivery more easily. It also provides timestamps for key points in the supply chain like when the parcel was collected ordelivered.
Picup isa customisable driver app which allows drivers and fleet managers tocommunicate with one another in real-time. Every action on the app is trackedand channeled into meaningful analysis, reporting dashboards and real-timealerts.
Thisimproves transparency amongst departments as the customer relations team cantrack parcels in real-time and proactively keep customers up-to-date if thereare unexpected delays in delivery.
Operationalteams at Bidvest Waltons can now monitor their dashboards with live information,failed customer deliveries and can also gain insight into driver behaviour.They are now able to manage timing with exceptional accuracy and providecustomers with personalised feedback through advanced delivery notifications.
Thechange in driver behaviour has resulted in on-time departures,route-optimisation, adherence and route accountability.
Toprovide visibility into past, present and future orders, the Picup TMS has abuilt-in search engine. This allows users across different departments to accessinvoices, electronic proof of collection and delivery, an overview of areadensity, and customer and fleet insights.
BidvestWaltons is now able to plan and fine-tune deliveries, tweak its operationalprocesses and redefine customer engagement in a meaningful way. Challengesaround visibility, communications, addresses and driver behaviour have now beeneradicated using Picups innovative approach to logistics.
This exciting technology is changing the face of logistics and creating a far more organised and manageable environment, said Bruni.
Considering Waltons high order volumes, it is clear that the Picup Enterprise platform can handle the logistics of any business, no matter the size.
The rest is here:
- For those in Salem with depression, new clinic provides another resource for treatment - Salem Reporter - July 25th, 2020
- Global TMS(Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation) Coil Market 2020 Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trend and Forecast to 2025 - Red & Black... - July 25th, 2020
- ORANGEBURG PROPERTY TRANSFERS - The Times and Democrat - July 25th, 2020
- Your Healthy Family: Getting help with the stress of uncertainty during a pandemic - KOAA.com Colorado Springs and Pueblo News - July 25th, 2020
- Mauritius club fined for not doing the TMS paperwork - Inside World Football - July 25th, 2020
- Coronavirus: Fifa gives Safa the power to extend the 2019-20 PSL season - Yahoo Sports - July 25th, 2020
- Neurostimulation may herald a new treatment for depression - The Conversation CA - July 25th, 2020
- Global Transportation Management Systems (TMS) Market 2020 Industry Research Manufacturer Landscape, Revenue and Volume Analysis and Segment... - July 25th, 2020
- Racin' Today Dillon Answers 'Haters' With Victory In Texas - RacinToday.com - July 25th, 2020
- Live TMS Treatment from NeuroSpa TMS - WFLA - July 15th, 2020
- Strategy Systems Expands Integration with Trucker Tools, adds Book It Now to TMS Platform - DC Velocity - July 15th, 2020
- ARL Logistics Taps Trucker Tools for Smart Capacity Predictive Freight-Matching, Automated One-Click Load Booking with Book It Now - PR Web - July 15th, 2020
- Global Transportation Management System (TMS) Market 2020: Size, Share, Revenue, Growth, Supply, Top Companies and Forecast Research 2025 - Sports... - July 15th, 2020
- Coupa acquires BELLIN, targeting treasury management (Part 2: TMS Market, Competitors and TAM / Market-Sizing Considerations) - Spend Matters - June 24th, 2020
- Archerhub Launches ALVUS TMS to help Carrier Partners Grow their Businesses - DC Velocity - June 24th, 2020
- Axele TMS allows small, midsize FTL carriers to improve load planning and communications, increase profit - The Trucker - June 24th, 2020
- IMPACT OF COVID-19 ON Talent Management Systems (TMS) RESEARCH, GROWTH TRENDS AND COMPETITIVE ANALYSIS 2020-2026 - Jewish Life News - June 24th, 2020
- Addressing the potential impact of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) on TMS Neuronavigation Systems Market: Industry Size, Trends and Analysis - Jewish... - June 24th, 2020
- Toll Management System(TMS) Market Overview, Environmental Analysis and Forecas - News by aeresearch - June 24th, 2020
- Interview: Steve Guttenberg on Into the Dark's Good Boy, Home for the Holidays, and His Craft - The Mary Sue - June 24th, 2020
- Active Recovery TMS Treats Depression Without Medication - KATU - June 1st, 2020
- TMS focuses on digitalisation and business transformation in third Covid-19 Webinar - Latest Maritime & Shipping News Online - The Maritime... - June 1st, 2020
- TMS ends the year, honors students with virtual award ceremony - thechronicle-news.com - June 1st, 2020
- Impact of Covid-19 Outbreak on Treasury Management System (TMS) Market 2020 Trends, Growth Opportunities, Demand, Application, Top Companies and... - June 1st, 2020
- IndyCar drivers prepare to enter a 'new world' of racing when the season resumes June 6 at Texas Motor Speedway - The Dallas Morning News - June 1st, 2020
- Work begins on Hong Kong rail extension - The Construction Index - June 1st, 2020
- Global TMS(Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation) Coil Market Along With Covid-19 Impact Analysis and Industry Outlook 2020-2026 by Magstim , MagVenture ,... - June 1st, 2020
- Alpega's Freight Exchange, Teleroute, launches an API interface and a new mobile App to help their increasing number of customers work even more... - June 1st, 2020
- Transportation Management Systems (TMS) Market Recent Trends and Developments, Challenges and Opportunities, key drivers and Restraints over the... - May 24th, 2020
- Hilton TMs Save Life of Guest Suffering Heart Attack - Franchising.com - May 24th, 2020
- UltraShipTMS Partners with LeanSwift to Deliver TMS Solutions to Shippers Using Infor M3 ERP - PR Web - May 24th, 2020
- COVID-19: Responding to the business impacts of Transportation Management Systems (TMS) Market 2020: Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Trends,... - May 24th, 2020
- Impact of Covid-19 Talent Management Software (TMS) Market Rising Trends and Global Outlook (2020 To 2027) - Latest Herald - May 4th, 2020
- From the First Message to the Last Mile, BluJay's Latest Software Releases Improve Complex Logistics - DC Velocity - May 4th, 2020
- GlobalTranz Recognized as Top Ten Freight Brokerage for a Third Consecutive Year by Transport Topics - Yahoo Finance - May 4th, 2020
- Texas Motor Speedway is hosting high school graduations for the class of 2020 - CNN - May 4th, 2020
- Texas Motor Speedway to host HS graduation ceremonies - RACER - May 4th, 2020
- Treasury Management System (TMS) Market Size by Top Key Players, Growth Opportunities, Incremental Revenue , Outlook and Forecasts to 2026 - Latest... - May 4th, 2020
- These Analysts Think Greenbrook TMS Inc.s (TSE:GTMS) Sales Are Under Threat - Simply Wall St - May 4th, 2020
- Pokmon GOs Elite TMs Arrive And Shake Up The Meta Movesets - TheGamer - May 4th, 2020
- Powerful Optimization Tool from MercuryGate Uniquely Supports the Transportation Industrys Demand to Drive a Disrupted Supply Chain - Yahoo Finance - April 11th, 2020
- Powerful Optimization Tool from MercuryGate Uniquely Supports the Transportation Industry's Demand to Drive a Disrupted Supply Chain - Business Wire - April 9th, 2020
- Alpega TMS Brings Together the Expertise of inet and Transwide - Yahoo Finance - April 9th, 2020
- The Remedy Is Now Offering Deep Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (Deep TMS) Therapy to Treat Major Depressive Disorder (MDD) and Obsessive-Compulsive... - April 9th, 2020
- Time To Worry? One Analyst Just Downgraded Their EDAP TMS S.A. (NASDAQ:EDAP) Outlook - Yahoo Finance - April 9th, 2020
- Valiant latest Canadian supplier to add to arsenal of health, free of charge - Automotive News Canada - April 9th, 2020
- No interest in Texas IndyCar race without fans - The Union Journal - April 9th, 2020
- Can EDAP TMS S.A.'s (NASDAQ:EDAP) ROE Continue To Surpass The Industry Average? - Yahoo Finance - March 31st, 2020
- EKA Solutions Announces TMS Offer for Brokers to Operate their Business Entirely Remotely - The Herald Journal - March 31st, 2020
- EDAP TMS SA to Announce Fourth Quarter and Year Ended December 31, 2019 Financial Results on Monday, March 30, 2020 - Yahoo Finance - March 31st, 2020
- Jeremy Hudson Named to the 2020 Food Logistics Champions: Rock Stars of the Supply Chain - Benzinga - March 31st, 2020
- Production Team TMS on the Unlikely Success of 'Someone You Loved' - Billboard - March 24th, 2020
- BrainsWay Reports Fourth Quarter and Full-Year 2019 Financial Results and Operational Highlights - Yahoo Finance - March 24th, 2020
- VIDEO: What is TMS-65U? Soviet-era MiG-15 fighter jet engine powered special vehicle deployed by Russia to battle coronavirus in Italy - International... - March 24th, 2020
- Edited Transcript of BRIN.TA earnings conference call or presentation 23-Mar-20 12:30pm GMT - Yahoo Finance - March 24th, 2020
- A Drive To Investigate: Full Genesect Special Research Tasks, Steps And Rewards In Pokmon GO - Forbes - March 24th, 2020
- The Transportation Management System (TMS) MARKET is expected to grow by USD 1.62 bn during 2020-2024, progressing at a CAGR of 9% during the forecast... - March 5th, 2020
- GO Battle League Season 1: Everything You Need to Know - Pokemon GO Hub - March 5th, 2020
- Pokemon Go Elite TMs and How to Get the Best Use out of Them - Future Game Releases - March 5th, 2020
- Massive growth of Preservation TMS(Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation) Coil Market 2025 with high CAGR In Coming Years with Focusing Key players like... - March 5th, 2020
- Lindsay Luetje goes above and beyond as Telstar dean - Lewiston Sun Journal - March 5th, 2020
- What Is A Game Localization System And What Can It Do For You? [Part 1] - Gamasutra - March 5th, 2020
- BrainsWay to Participate in Upcoming Investor Conferences - Yahoo Finance - March 5th, 2020
- Make Your Workflow Smooth and Effective! This New System is the Key - Slator - February 29th, 2020
- TMS(Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation) Coil to Reap Excessive Revenues by 2019-2025 - Jewish Life News - February 29th, 2020
- San Francisco Bay Area Psychiatric Acquisition Will Increase Access to Advanced Care - Benzinga - February 29th, 2020
- Clean Energy appoints Total S.A. executive to board of directors - LNG Industry - February 29th, 2020
- Before You Buy EDAP TMS S.A. (NASDAQ:EDAP), Consider Its Volatility - Simply Wall St - February 29th, 2020
- Troy 30-C coach named 2020 Distinguished Middle School Coach of the Year - The Herald-News - February 29th, 2020
- Global Truckmount Carpet Cleaner Market Size Is Anticipated To Witness Over XX% CAGR Up To 2024 TMS Cleaning Supplies & Equipment, Aero Tech... - February 29th, 2020
- TMS individual race tickets officially on sale - Speedway Digest - January 18th, 2020
- MGR songs stay fresh even today thanks to TMS - News Today - January 18th, 2020
- Global Supply Chain Management Software Market 2020-2024 | 11% CAGR Projection Over the Next Five Years | Technavio - Yahoo Finance - January 18th, 2020
- The Masked Singers Davina McCall Reveals Upcoming Surprises On The Show! [VIDEO] - Talent Recap - January 18th, 2020
- The Morning Show and life after #MeToo - The Hindu - January 18th, 2020
- Trimble to Acquire Kuebix in effort to create a transportation logistics ecosystem - The Trucker - January 18th, 2020
- Psychiatrist to shutter outpatient practice - The Grand Junction Daily Sentinel - December 13th, 2019
- Toys for Tots Greenbrook TMS Therapy Black Cat 2 1 - Connecting Vets - December 13th, 2019
- Transformer Monitoring Systems Market Analysis of Market Future Trends and Technological Improvements 2024 - The Market Expedition - December 13th, 2019
- When Should You Buy EDAP TMS S.A. (NASDAQ:EDAP)? - Simply Wall St - December 13th, 2019