Concrete spraying is a cost-effective, mechanised technological solution to concrete construction and shaft lining in underground tunnels that improves safety and reduces the environmental impact of mining operations.
Spraying equipment allows workers to utilise innovative technology to carry out underground construction from a safe distance, requiring a smaller team of specialised staff for more efficient and sustainable construction methods.
Due to the diversity of spray concrete equipment, training staff in all process areas can be difficult. Automation technology makes operations easier for workers and helps to improve productivity. SmartSpray, developed by Normet, is designed to simplify the process for operators by automating the nozzle position. This process technology is available in three variations; Lite, Pro and ProPlus.
SmartSpray Lite allows operators to control a spraying nozzle, which maintains its position to spray the concrete at the target surface. Operations are controlled from a single joystick to simplify use. The SmartSpray Pro has an automated nozzle, meaning that operators need only to control the distance from the target and move between segments. The ProPlus calculates the path to automate the entire process, including distance and speed for optimal concrete layering.
Recent developments in 3D laser technology have improved the efficiency and safety of concrete spraying processes. Normets SmartScan is mounted on concrete spraying equipment and scans the targeted area before and after spraying in order to provide the user with a colour-coded visualisation of the thickness of the concrete and an overview of areas that are under or over-sprayed.
This technology improves efficiency and reduces wastage, as well as allowing operators to scan the areas where repairs may be required.
Accurate data secured by the laser and its associated software is uploaded to the cloud, allowing for introspective analysis in addition to instant concrete thickness reports.
Sustainability is becoming an increasing focus for industry innovators. Normets battery electric vehicle (BEV) technology, SmartDrive, is emission-free and designed for use in harsh environments. Hot gases and heat are not produced, improving air quality in confined spaces and reducing ventilation costs.
SmartDrive equipment can be charged from any underground AC socket, or using fast-chargers. The split module battery architecture also allows equipment to continue operating in the case of a malfunction as the faulty module will be isolated, reducing the risk of unplanned maintenance shutting down operations.
Energy recuperation technology allows SmartDrive vehicles to regenerate and store braking energy during deceleration and downhill driving. A number of Normets products utilise SmartDrive technology for concrete spraying equipment, as well as other mining construction applications, including but not limited to the Spraymec 8100 SD and Spraymec MF 050 VC SD.
Normet offers a broad portfolio of wet concrete spraying equipment for mining and tunnelling applications, including the Spraymec range comprising the NorRunner 140 DVC, Alpha 1430 PC, Alpha 30, LF 050 DC, MF 050 VC, SF 050 D and 8100 VC, as well as its dry concrete spraying products; the Normet Piccola and Normet GM.
It also supplies the Minimec 2, a mechanised concrete spraying manipulator designed for smaller-scale construction in escalator and tunnel shafts, small diameter tunnels or locations that large machinery cannot access.
- How DevOps Is Automating the Workplace - CMSWire - June 22nd, 2020
- Valmet to supply automation and solids measurements to Oulu Waterworks' wastewater treatment plant in Finland - GlobeNewswire - June 22nd, 2020
- Safety Best Practices for the Age of Automation - Advanced Manufacturing - June 22nd, 2020
- How COVID-19 is set to speed up the adoption of automation technologies - YourStory - June 22nd, 2020
- Global Process Automation and Instrumentation Market (2019-2026) With Top Growing Companies & COVID-19 Impact Analysis - Cole of Duty - June 22nd, 2020
- The importance of QA automation: 6 Things to know - TechGenyz - June 22nd, 2020
- Unbounce raises $38.4M to build better landing pages with automation - TechCrunch - June 22nd, 2020
- Robotic Process Automation Market 2020 Trends, Size, Share, Growth Opportunities, Emerging Technologies, Regional, Key Players and Forecast to 2025 -... - June 22nd, 2020
- Medical Automation Technologies Market: COVID 19 After Effect Shows an Increase in Revenue: Acrobot Company Ltd., Awarepoint Corp., Clearcount Medical... - June 22nd, 2020
- Global Industrial Automation Motion Control System Market SHARE, SIZE 2020| EMERGING RAPIDLY WITH LATEST TRENDS, GROWTH, REVENUE, DEMAND AND FORECAST... - June 22nd, 2020
- Virtualization in Industrial Automation Market: What are the main opportunities for players? - 3rd Watch News - June 22nd, 2020
- Process Automation & Instrumentation Market By Regional and Global Market Opportunities, Key Competitors, Major Impact of COVID-19, Industry... - June 22nd, 2020
- Robotic Process Automation (RPA) Market 2020: Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast To 2026 - Cole of Duty - June 22nd, 2020
- Automation Alley contributes to white paper report on the impact of COVID-19 on advanced manufacturing - Canadian Metalworking - June 22nd, 2020
- Applications, Technological and Growth Factors Analysis related with Library Automation System Market - Cole of Duty - June 22nd, 2020
- Industrial Automation Services (IAS) Market to Witness over XX% Growth 'in Revenue During the COVID-19 Pandemic 3w Market News Reports - 3rd Watch... - June 22nd, 2020
- Professional Service Automation Software Market 2020, by Brands, Types, Company Profiles, Cost Analysis, Sales Channel, Emerging Trends and Growth... - June 22nd, 2020
- Twitter needs to harness automation to combat falsehoods - Poynter - May 29th, 2020
- Automation Robots and Advanced Technology Has Streamlined Business Processes - EnterpriseTalk - May 29th, 2020
- How Security Teams Are Automating, According to a New SANS Survey - Security Boulevard - May 29th, 2020
- Moldmakers Turn to Process Automation in Race to Recover - Cherokee Tribune Ledger News - May 29th, 2020
- Use of Automation and Advanced Technology for SOX Compliance is Trending Down, Finds New Protiviti Survey - PRNewswire - May 29th, 2020
- Signavio and Deloitte partnership addresses areas of DX, process digitization, and automation - Help Net Security - May 29th, 2020
- First software configurable industrial I/O ofr building and industrial automation - New Electronics - May 29th, 2020
- Sitel Group, Uniphore Partner to Transform the Customer Experience Industry Through AI and Automation - Business Wire - May 29th, 2020
- Digital business: automated at heart Bits&Chips - Bits&Chips - May 29th, 2020
- Automation in the BFSI sector amid COVID-19 - Elets - May 29th, 2020
- Tag: Industrial Automation Food Safety and Inspection Market Segmentation - Cole of Duty - May 29th, 2020
- Factory Automation Market 2020 COVID-19 Impact Analysis, Business Opportunities and Future Outlook 2026 - Cole of Duty - May 29th, 2020
- Konecranes and Fluidmesh join forces to deliver world-first 100% wireless Automated Rubber Tired Gantry (ARTG) crane system - Hellenic Shipping News... - May 29th, 2020
- Billtrust Wins Bronze Stevie Award for Advances in Their Innovative Automated Credit Application - PRNewswire - May 29th, 2020
- Global Medical Automation Technologies Market 2020 Future Analysis, Revenue and Forecast with COVID-19 After Effects - Cole of Duty - May 29th, 2020
- Study: Listing Agents Who Received Adwerx Automated Advertising From Their Broker Saw 35% Lift in Year-over-year Productivity Compared to Peers -... - May 29th, 2020
- SANS 2020 Automation and Integration Survey Shows Investment on the Rise - Herald-Mail Media - May 4th, 2020
- Robotic process automation rides the Coronavirus hype cycle - but where exactly are the use cases? - Diginomica - May 4th, 2020
- ISG Forms Automation Partnership with NICE Nasdaq:III - GlobeNewswire - May 4th, 2020
- CyberPeak Adds Automation to Managed Security Services - Channelnomics - May 4th, 2020
- The Time is Ripe for an Alternative to Automated Hazardous Drug Compounding - Medical Device and Diagnostics Industry - May 4th, 2020
- Bain predicts business automation activity to double over the next two years - Consultancy.asia - May 4th, 2020
- COVID-19 Highlights the Need for Automation in Shareholding Disclosure - Finextra - May 4th, 2020
- Now Is the Time to Rethink AI, Automation and Employee Rights - BRINK - May 4th, 2020
- Rockwell Automation has Acquired Kalypso, LP, Expanding its Connected Enterprise Consulting Expertise - Business Wire - May 4th, 2020
- The Global Factory Automation Platform as a Service Market is expected to grow by $ 2.92 billion during 2020-2024 progressing at a CAGR of 20% during... - May 4th, 2020
- Procurement Automation: The Bots Are Here to Help You - G2 - May 4th, 2020
- Microsoft in talks to acquire Softomotive, a robot process automation firm - Hindustan Times - May 4th, 2020
- Automation enables IT teams to face unprecedented demands - SiliconANGLE - May 4th, 2020
- The Importance of Building Corporate Culture - Automation World - May 4th, 2020
- Thrio Announces General Availability of Thrio Native Process Automation - PR Web - May 4th, 2020
- Bespoke turnkey automation for the food industry - Foodprocessing - May 4th, 2020
- Field Squared Selected by Health Testing Solutions to Automate Its Mobile Occupational Medical Services Operations - The Grand Junction Daily Sentinel - May 4th, 2020
- Pivot Or Perish - We are on the cusp of a new automation era - Livemint - May 4th, 2020
- ANZ chief data officer Emma Gray promoted to group executive, data and automation - Finextra - May 4th, 2020
- IT Process Automation Tool Market 2020 | In-Depth Study On The Current State Of The Industry And Key Insights Of The Business Scenario By 2027 Cole... - May 4th, 2020
- Intelligent automation technology can relieve strain on the NHS - Open Access Government - May 4th, 2020
- Expect More Jobs And More Automation In The Post-COVID-19 Economy - Forbes - April 11th, 2020
- Cleaning Automation Becomes Post COVID-19 Priority - Propmodo - April 11th, 2020
- 9 Ways Accelerated City Automation Will Create a 'New Normal' After the Pandemic - Interesting Engineering - April 11th, 2020
- The Big Picture Network - Automation World - April 11th, 2020
- From virtualization to automationthe march to 5G service revenues - RCR Wireless News - April 11th, 2020
- Three Steps to Leveraging the Power of Your Data - Automation World - April 11th, 2020
- COVID-19's Impact on Industrial Automation, 2020 Thematic Research Report - ResearchAndMarkets.com - Business Wire - April 11th, 2020
- Cambridge's Eclipse Automation strikes deal to help with respirator mask production - TheRecord.com - April 11th, 2020
- Cadence Helping Users to Save Time, Money With Automation - I-Connect007 - April 11th, 2020
- Real-time Data Gives Samtec the Edge in Improving Manufacturing Processes - Automation World - April 11th, 2020
- Industrial Automation Market Trends, Revenue Share & Opportunity Status Analyzed during 2018 to 2029 - Curious Desk - April 11th, 2020
- Automated Industrial Technologies takes stab at prototypes to help with ventilator shortage - Lynchburg News and Advance - April 11th, 2020
- COVID-19 to bring in higher automation & digitalisation in Indian automotive sector: ETAuto Roundtable - ETAuto.com - April 11th, 2020
- Inductive Automation: Regarding the Edge - ARC Viewpoints - April 11th, 2020
- Rockwell Automation to Cut Costs to Fight Coronavirus Woes - Yahoo Finance - April 11th, 2020
- Coronavirus May Mean Automation Is Coming Sooner Than We Thought - Singularity Hub - March 24th, 2020
- Global Robotic Process Automation Market 2020 by Process, by Industry, Forecast and Opportunities 2024 - Skyline Gazette - March 24th, 2020
- Indias industrial automation market to grow over 10%: Sami Atiya, ABB - Livemint - March 24th, 2020
- How Automation Is Transforming OppLoans - Built In Chicago - March 24th, 2020
- Time the machines took over? Let's talk Business Process Automation - TechHQ - March 24th, 2020
- Petroleum Safety Authority audits North Sea Valhall drilling automation measures - Offshore Oil and Gas Magazine - March 24th, 2020
- Macro Trends Impacting Automation and New Technologies - ARC Viewpoints - March 24th, 2020
- Global Food Automation Industry - Yahoo Finance - March 24th, 2020
- Rakuten Mobile's CTO says RAN wasn't as troublesome as other things: Special Report on Automation - FierceWireless - March 24th, 2020
- The Top 5 Perks of Marketing Automation - Entrepreneur - March 24th, 2020
- How Will Automation Affect London? - London Post - March 24th, 2020