In a world of virus-induced breathlessness, the first Assamese superhero will be without a mask, unlike most of his popular Hollywood counterparts.
But Advitya, revived two years after a digital accident prevented him from hitting the screens, will sport a special costume this time as he takes on the supervillain in a fancy outfit.
Also Read | Get First Day First Show, our weekly newsletter from the world of cinema, in your inbox. You can subscribe for free here
Director Arindam Sharma expected to release Advitya a Sanskrit word for the Sun soon after uploading a teaser on social media in June 2019. A multiple system snag made him lose the edited film and all the backup footage, putting him through a phase of an emotional and financial crisis.
A superpower within awakened by his fictional superhero made Mr. Sharma pick up the pieces, tweak the script to include more action sequences, coordinate with the actors and start filming again by the dawn of 2020.
After making up my mind to re-shoot the entire film, I informed all the actors. Apart from Niha Rani Das and Bikash Bora, none agreed to be part of the film again because of their professional commitments to other producers, he told The Hindu.
Some new actors, popular on Assamese TV channels, came on board. They include Arnab Ayan in the lead role.
The COVID-19 lockdown affected the second schedule of the shooting planned in March 2020. But he held on to complete the shooting and editing after a gap in October-November that year.
The VFX team is now working on the visual effects for more than 350 shots of the film, Mr. Sharma said, hoping for the commercial release of his directorial debut later this year depending on the prevailing situation.
The film is much tighter and more action-packed than the earlier version, he said.
Advitya, the first superhero in Assamese cinemas 88-year-old history, is a common man seeking job security and stability in life. The name is given by the people he saves from danger.
The superhero finds it difficult to manage his suddenly-acquired superpowers to take on the equally powerful supervillain, an evil scientist who derives strength from his laboratory experiments and the fury of nature.
The underlying message of the film is that one should not go against time and nature, and that truth will always prevail over lies and good over evil, Mr. Sharma said, declining to disclose the source of Advityas superpowers or how he overpowers the supervillain.
Apart from directing and scripting the film, he handled the cinematography along with two others Kailash Duara and Nasirul Hussain. The choreography is by Sarat Bappi Saikia, while Dipu Sharma arranged the music.
The film, made under the banner of Krrishna Kraft Productions (India), is produced by Brojendra Nath Sarma. Popular singer Dikshu Sarma and Sanchita Sharma sang the songs penned and composed by Ankur Sharma.
Originally posted here:
- Craft Guild of chefs reveals the names of chefs through to next stage of The National Chef of the Year competition - Premier Construction Magazine - July 21st, 2021
- Beating Breath of the Wild like its Snake took careful planning and infinite patience - Destructoid - July 21st, 2021
- E-transmission: The allure of toxic leaders - Daily Sun - July 21st, 2021
- Clairos Sling paves a brilliantly inspired and elegantly orchestrated road to comfort - The A.V. Club - July 21st, 2021
- CBD Infused Drinks: Everything You Need to Know... - Marketscreener.com - July 21st, 2021
- Meet Simone Ferretti, an astute name and personality climbing his way to the top in the social media industry. - The American Reporter - July 21st, 2021
- 10 Lessons Bungie Should Learn From Destiny 2s Season Of The Splicer - Forbes - July 18th, 2021
- Album reviews: KSI All Over the Place and Willow Lately I Feel Everything - The Independent - July 18th, 2021
- Delhi University to admit students based on cut-offs - The Indian Express - July 18th, 2021
- 6 Ways The Internet Is Slowly Transforming Our Minds 2021 Tips - BollyInside - July 18th, 2021
- SmugMug Source Preview: Say Goodbye to NAS Servers and Hello to the Best Cloud Storage Yet - Fstoppers - July 18th, 2021
- Album reviews: KSI All Over the Place and Willow Lately I Feel Everything - MSN UK - July 16th, 2021
- RBSE 10th and 12th Result 2021: Schools Complete Uploading of Marks, Rajasthan Board Results Expected Soon rajresults.nic.in - Jagran Josh - July 16th, 2021
- How Scrybe Streaming Is Disrupting the Music Industry, Interview With CEO Christian Phyfier - The Ritz Herald - July 16th, 2021
- Best iOS and Android apps we used in 2021 (so far) - Mashable - July 16th, 2021
- Prontonn receives USD 9 million of funding - Inventiva - July 16th, 2021
- In Defence of HIKAI - The Shillong Times - July 16th, 2021
- The Echo Show 10 Is The Only Smart Display That Follows Every Step Of The Way - MensXP.com - July 16th, 2021
- Who is Baby J? BTS responds to rumors, debuts Permission to Dance on Jimmy Fallon show - MEAWW - July 16th, 2021
- Bill Ackman Sent a Text to the CEO of Mastercard. What Happened Next Is a Parable for ESG. - Institutional Investor - June 20th, 2021
- #ATA2021: Telehealth Is Key to Equity and Access for Every Patient Population - HealthTech Magazine - June 20th, 2021
- The Secret Is Out That Confidential Computing Is A Hot Trend And Seriously Crucial To AI And For Self-Driving Cars Too - Forbes - June 20th, 2021
- CBSE 12th Result 2021: Schools Asked To Hold Practical Exams Online, and Upload Marks by 28 June - AglaSem News - June 20th, 2021
- Cardiff cyclist catches up with driver and gives him piece of her mind after cat call - Nation.Cymru - June 6th, 2021
- After Making Example of Jon Rahm, PGA Tour Expects Vaccinations to Increase Significantly: Opinion - Pro Golf Weekly - June 6th, 2021
- Doug Fishbone show at the Crawford couldnt be more timely - The Irish Times - June 6th, 2021
- Why Developers Prefer Creating Apps That Begin As iOS-Exclusives? We Spoke To Two Developers Ahead Of WWDC 2021 - Mashable India - June 6th, 2021
- Young Juno nominees on why theyre moving to the algorithm of TikTok - 660 News - June 6th, 2021
- As EVM theories fade after Mamata Banerjees win, here is all you need to know about how EVMs cannot be hacked, no matter who wins - OpIndia - June 6th, 2021
- Downloading our thoughts to the mainframe may be the stuff of science fiction but humans have been imagining it for centuries - The Conversation AU - May 20th, 2021
- Google Photos to end free unlimited uploads: What it means to you - SlashGear - May 20th, 2021
- How to start vlogging - Creative Bloq - May 20th, 2021
- Many Latino men haven't gotten vaccinated. Misinformation, fear and busy lives are factors - Los Angeles Times - May 20th, 2021
- GFRIEND to officially disband; Members upload handwritten letters for fans while Sowon has a special message - PINKVILLA - May 20th, 2021
- Google Photos unlimited free storage is ending this month, so what are your options - India Today - May 20th, 2021
- Severe weather soaks spirits in rain-ravaged area - "We're trying to hang in there" - Port Arthur News - The Port Arthur News - May 20th, 2021
- '1000-Lb Sisters' Season 3: What Happened to Tammy Slaton's Forehead? - Showbiz Cheat Sheet - May 20th, 2021
- Netizens Baffled Over Moms Photo Of Daughter Sinking Into Concrete - Latin Times - May 20th, 2021
- [App Fridays] How 1MG is meeting the rise in demand for teleconsultations, medicines amid COVID-19 resurgence - YourStory - May 20th, 2021
- Steven Crowder Sues YouTube for Silencing Conservatives: 'This Is the Big One' - CBN News - May 20th, 2021
- First Lady hands over 30 000 books - The Herald - May 20th, 2021
- Free to fly again - The Garden Island - May 11th, 2021
- Here's How to Record a Video That's Three Minutes on TikTok - Distractify - May 11th, 2021
- Dishonest censorship scare may torpedo Bill C-10, a chance to update broadcasting laws for the modern era - The Globe and Mail - May 11th, 2021
- AI-Based Editing That Learns Your Style? Fstoppers Reviews ImagenAI - Fstoppers - May 11th, 2021
- Google Photos unlimited free storage offer ends this month, and here are few things you should keep in mind - India Today - May 9th, 2021
- Here's how to touch of death with 2 combos as Gill, Rose and Ibuki in Street Fighter 5: Champion Edition as showcased by LPN - EventHubs - May 9th, 2021
- Feel Better Yoga in Burlington launched online-only memberships in response to COVID - Burlington Times News - May 9th, 2021
- Sinn Fin hopes to use controversial voter database for Dublin byelection - The Irish Times - May 9th, 2021
- Dogs at polling stations are the real stars of the Scottish Parliament election - The National - May 9th, 2021
- Dodie on growing up on YouTube and her new album Build a Problem: I didnt have any boundaries - iNews - May 9th, 2021
- 40 Must-See New Movies to See This Summer Season - IndieWire - May 9th, 2021
- MTV: Who is Tyler from Catfish? Updates on his relationship with Stefany! - Reality Titbit - Celebrity TV News - May 9th, 2021
- Guided By Voices Earth Man Blues May Be the Power-Pop Heroes Best Album in Decades - Rolling Stone - May 1st, 2021
- How to turn on TikTok's new auto captions - Mashable - May 1st, 2021
- As seen on CBS This Morning: Protecting Veterans' digital accounts with a free service offer and book from GoodTrust - VAntage Point - VAntage Point... - May 1st, 2021
- COVID-19 update: Faculty and staff vaccinations - University of Denver Newsroom - May 1st, 2021
- Sonny Fodera & Just Kiddin' team up with Lilly Ahlberg on 'Closer' - We Rave You - May 1st, 2021
- The Kid LAROI Talks Without You Remix Featuring Miley Cyrus and Putting Raw Emotion Into His Music - Variety - May 1st, 2021
- Were These Migrant Teens Framed for Arson That Left 13,000 Homeless? - The Daily Beast - May 1st, 2021
- Blockchain startup S!NG wants creators to lean on NFTs to protect their intellectual property - TechCrunch - April 27th, 2021
- How to upload and view 4K images on Twitter for Android and iOS - HT Tech - April 27th, 2021
- Worrying Kwon Mina Instagram post is removed as fans share support on Twitter - HITC - Football, Gaming, Movies, TV, Music - April 27th, 2021
- Mathilde Tantot: French Model Who Suffered Wardrobe Malfunction Breaks the Internet with Bare-All Snaps - International Business Times, Singapore... - April 27th, 2021
- Twitter now allows you to share pictures in 4K on Android, iOS - Moneycontrol.com - April 23rd, 2021
- Of OTTs and more! - The Times of India Blog - April 23rd, 2021
- Nodal officers to check availability of beds in pvt, Govt hosps in G'gram - Daily Pioneer - April 23rd, 2021
- Fighting COVID-19: Vaccination picks up in Jammu and Kashmir - indiablooms - April 23rd, 2021
- Billions of bugs: Meet the cicada chasers trailing Brood X - CNET - April 23rd, 2021
- Fashion Society stitches together first virtual fashion magazine - The Poly Post - April 23rd, 2021
- BTS drive for Smart urges PH youth to 'live your passion with purpose' - Manila Bulletin - April 23rd, 2021
- Dortmunds strict squad rules and fines revealed with Arsenal star Aubameyang branded punishment king dur... - The Sun - April 23rd, 2021
- All that you need to know about Facebook group cover photo size - TechPluto - April 23rd, 2021
- Jimmie Johnson ready to make his official jump from NASCAR to IndyCar this weekend - ESPN - April 19th, 2021
- Sushmita Sen's "Meditation In Action" Post Is Beating Our Monday Blues. Watch Her Workout Video - NDTV - April 19th, 2021
- Vaccine passports for COVID-19: How they'll be a part of global travel - CNET - April 19th, 2021
- Creators On The Rise: Gunnar Deatherage Is Stitching Himself A Career On TikTok And YouTube Shorts - Tubefilter - April 19th, 2021
- Guest blog: Why broadband has never been more important for a residential care home in the midst of a global pandemic | Business & Finance -... - April 19th, 2021
- From Kaviya Maran to Aditi Hundia, women who grabbed IPL cameramen's attention over the years - DNA India - April 19th, 2021
- Core is an Epic-funded development platform hoping to be the next Roblox - PC Gamer - April 19th, 2021