An immersive storytelling company with an international reach and some animated films on its belt, new local company Moti aims to offer content and 5D events that can help people not to escape reality but to experience it fully, founder and CEO, Pak Chau, told Macau News Agency in an interview.
Founded with an initial MOP3 million (US$375,234) investment, Moti has so far produced two animated shorts, Whats There and Pursuit of Heaven, with Pak pointing to many more on the way produced by an international team and some local talents.
As great as Macau is, it is not a representation of humanity as a whole. So to do this we have created a borderless, international team. For example, our animation director is from India, our lead writer is from the US, and our lead visual artist is from Montenegro, Pak tells MNA.
Over the course of only one year, we have worked with over 200 people from over 20 different countries. Some of our people are full time, some of them are part-time, and some of them work on a project by project basis. We are interested in acquiring the best talent the world has to offer, and the internet is just filled to the brim with inspired, hungry talent.
Founded in January of this year and officially launched in an event in May, Motis founders include Pak Chau and Ray Yang, with Mathew Tsang as its COO.
The two young founders CV already includes roles in several startup projects, with Yang previously the COO at WOW Talents and with Pak involved in at least five consumer tech startups.
Pak recalled how he started his first company at 17, eventually selling for MOP14 million before he had even graduated high school, later founding Oction, Gamico, and Breakthrough Innovation Labs, as well.
None of these are still in operation. One thing I want to make very clear is that Moti is my final company. Im pouring my heart and my soul into this because nothing has ever felt more right in my life and thats how much I believe in this. Im playing chicken with destiny because I know with every fibre of my being that this is it. This is how its supposed to be, he states.
Although its previous main focus was on tech, Motis main business model will be centred on storytelling products, in a multiple medium approach similar to the one employed by animation behemoth Disney.
Look at a company like Disney, utilizing different forms of storytelling media to transform their stories into different business models so that they can keep doing it in a sustainable format that can immerse you in the full Disney experience. The selection of storytelling avenues we have before us is immense: movies, television series, music, free content where you can have advertisers and membershipsyou name it, he adds.
However, the founder points out Moti will differ on its ethos, since while Disney is about creating happiness, Moti is about inspiring perspectives so that people can be opened up to the holistic nature of life.
To not escape reality, but to experience it fully. This is where we are vastly different, he underlines.
The young entrepreneur indicates the company has had already begun production of an animated anthology series called Koan, which explores existential concepts and already released three music singles, Fuse, Lessons, and Centered,with a series of animated poems also in the pipeline.
The company has also partnered with some gaming concessionaires and companies, including MGM, Suncity, and Melco with Pak noting the company intends to use some of the companies many venues for large 5D events.
We will also make documentaries about the lives and stories of the people who work for these brands that form their very backbone, he adds.
Even before its official launch ceremony, Moti had already announced an immersive storytelling event named Moti Talk: The Search for Utopia described by its organisers as a 5D storytelling experience, where attendees would be able to able to not only see and hear, but touch, smell, and fully experience the event.
Moti Talk will feature inspiring content, talk and multimedia with a line-up including the junket and hotel businessman; Hong Kong actor and singer Dicky Cheung Wai-kin, professional swimmer and singer Alex FongChung-sun, and Taiwanese actress Annie Liu Xin-you.
Initially set to be held at Studio City this year, the event is now scheduled for the Spring of 2022.
Our criteria for who we chose was that they are storytellers that represent human values that are inherent within us as a species. The Search for Utopia goes as follows: Ignition, Separation, Perspective, Search, and Home,thefounderindicates.
Ignition, will include Alex Fong who swam for 11 hours around Hong Kong Island. 43 kilometers. He did that as a true manifestation of someone who traveled into the dangerous unknown.
Meanwhile, Annie Liu will speak for the Separation theme having left her home in Taiwan to start a new life in Hong Kong and forced to basically rebuild herself from the ground up to find her new identity, with Ruby Lou sharing her experience as a single mother raising a child with severe autism in Perspective.
Yet she is so enormously grateful for having him in her life, and her life is all the more beautiful by him being such a key part in it.
Meanwhile, Dicky Cheung a world-renowned artist extremely gifted actor and singer and now motivational speaker will discuss his journey to find his true calling in Search,while businessman Alvin Chau Paks father will hold a talk named as what he represents to the founder, Home.
According to Pak, the MotiTalk experience will look to engage all the senses, via different multimedia tools.
For example Alex Fong. When he is telling his story, we want to transform the entire arena into an underwater world where you can smell the ocean and feel the cool breeze, with lighting and projections that give you the sense of being underwater, he states.
The company also includes a large list of advisors that include the Chairman Of Anzac Group Company Limited and Director Of Tai Fung Bank Company Limited, Kevin Ho; the CEO Of Sun Entertainment Limited, Jones Chong Cho Lam and the Founder Of Flash Forward Entertainment, Patrick Huang.
The advisor roster also includes several storytelling advisors with backgrounds as diverse as known local MC, Jose Chan Rodrigues and Neuro-Linguistic Programming expert, Lee Sheng Wah, and a creative and production team counting with film director Jack Lam and music director Elliott Leung.
We have a core team of very experienced individuals, such as Jones Lam and Kevin Ho, who have a deep understanding of the market and society as a whole. Its only once youre fully grounded that you have the courage to blast off into outer space, and this team of very knowledgeable advisors enable us to have the unlimited creative freedom that we see not as a luxury, but as a necessity, Pak adds.
In the end, Pak underlines Motis work will be done if it achieves one of its main mottos, to help anyone in Macau (or the world) discover its inner utopia by something as simple as telling a story.
- Alt-Right Meme Culture Documentary You Cant Kill Meme Swooped on by Utopia (EXCLUSIVE) - Variety - August 4th, 2021
- Finally, a World Without Borders! Only Now Were Living in the 1995 Film Waterworld, Starring Kevin Costner - The New Yorker - August 4th, 2021
- Cindy Rosenwald: The Republican utopia - hypocrisy wrapped in a contradiction - The Union Leader - August 4th, 2021
- Joe Russo and The Bogie Band Collide To Bring Fans New Single, "The Witnesses" - NYSMusic - August 4th, 2021
- An evolving discipline: Evolutionary medicine brings together biological anthropology and public health | Binghamton News - Binghamton University - August 4th, 2021
- What's on the Broadway shows list for 2021, plus all you need to know about tickets - NorthJersey.com - August 4th, 2021
- The Artist Behind Hoboken's Britney Spears' Collage Installation - hobokengirl.com - August 4th, 2021
- Broadway vaccine rules: All the shows in New York that require vaccinations and Covid tests - New York Theatre Guide - August 4th, 2021
- Stop everything you're doing and buy some A24 merch - British GQ - August 4th, 2021
- The Democrats' Budget: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly - New York Sun - August 4th, 2021
- New on the bookshelf: July 31, 2021 - Kankakee Daily Journal - August 4th, 2021
- IndieLisboa announces the programme for its 18th edition - Cineuropa - August 4th, 2021
- Come From Away Broadway recording to be streamed globally in September - WhatsOnStage.com - August 4th, 2021
- Revisiting a Utopian City With Fondness and Fury - The New York Times - July 27th, 2021
- Better to Have Gone Review: Dawn of a New Humanity - The Wall Street Journal - July 27th, 2021
- Annie Robbins: Will N.H. become the first Freedom Caucus anarchist utopia? - Conway Daily Sun - July 27th, 2021
- John Lennon's 'Imagine,' blared at the Olympics, is a totalitarian's anthem - New York Post - July 27th, 2021
- Grimes says her new song is about having to defeat Azealia Banks when she tried to destroy my life - NME - July 27th, 2021
- In quest for utopia, Auroville hopes that it can create a society without money using an app - Scroll.in - July 27th, 2021
- The Surprising Innovations of Pandemic-Era Sex - The Atlantic - July 27th, 2021
- Biden's Ministry of Education will deny "trying to turn the United States into a Marxist utopia": Star Parker - Texasnewstoday.com - July 27th, 2021
- Games: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD still offers plenty to love in new HD do-over for the Switch - The Irish News - July 27th, 2021
- How the Partition contributed to the queerness of Urdu poetry to make it non-normative - Scroll.in - July 27th, 2021
- Spectra Art Space opens immersive art installation, Nova Ita, in Denver this summer - Denverite - July 2nd, 2021
- Opinion | The School Ritual: Utopia, Truth, and Spirituality in the Face of the Pandemic - Observatory of Educational Innovation - July 2nd, 2021
- Gossip Girl, Space Jam: A New Legacy, and more on HBO Max in July - Culturess - July 2nd, 2021
- New Albums to Stream Today: The Go! Team, Laura Mvula, Snapped Ankles and more - Paste - Paste Magazine - July 2nd, 2021
- A real go-GETTR: Former Trump aide tries to batter Twitter by ripping off its UI - The Register - July 2nd, 2021
- Canada Day muted as country reckons with treatment of indigenous, other minorities - Reuters - July 2nd, 2021
- Hear the 1st sounds from China's Mars rover Zhurong and watch it drive in new video - Space.com - July 2nd, 2021
- New Photos and Video Shows Chinas Zhurong Rover on the Move - Universe Today - July 2nd, 2021
- 6 Stories That Find Drama in Utopian Settings - tor.com - July 2nd, 2021
- Displaying Great Ingenuity on Spotify's 'Today's Top Hits' Campaign - Animation World Network - July 2nd, 2021
- Sneak peek at OzAsia Festival 2021 reveals new writing and ideas program, comedy night, Australian premiere concert and more | News - Aussie Theatre - July 2nd, 2021
- News of Note: What You Might Have Missed in June 2021 - Dance Magazine - July 2nd, 2021
- Travis Scott Vows To Rock Out Like Never Before W/ New Album - SOHH - July 2nd, 2021
- Go! Guide July 1 - The Republic - July 2nd, 2021
- After Alexei Navalny the opposition to Vladimir Putin has no single leader - Prospect - July 2nd, 2021
- Funny Papers Again Column | The Long, Lazy, Hazy Days of Summer - King City Rustler - July 2nd, 2021
- Austin Performer p1nkstar Is Creating New Worlds as a Trans Musician - The Texas Observer - June 28th, 2021
- Electric City: The Lost History of Ford and Edison's American Utopia by Thomas Hager - Winchester Sun - Winchester Sun - June 28th, 2021
- A political science alumna speaks her mind on the art canvas > News > USC Dornsife - USC Dornsife College of Letters, Arts and Sciences - June 28th, 2021
- The Saga of Palm Tree Island - Port City Daily - June 28th, 2021
- 'Space Jam: A New Legacy,' 'Gossip Girl,' and More are Coming to HBO Max in July 2021 - Cord Cutters News - June 28th, 2021
- Roberto Vaz missed the College World Series with an injury but now is watching his son play for Vanderbilt - Tuscaloosa Magazine - June 28th, 2021
- The Real Truth Behind the Biden Budget Double-Talk - New York Sun - June 28th, 2021
- New Memphis Colorways and Utopia: Way Outside the Box ... - June 23rd, 2021
- Utopia Falls Season 2: Release Date, Cast, Hulu, New ... - June 23rd, 2021
- Travis Scott new album 2021 'Utopia': Release date ... - June 23rd, 2021
- Pariss 15-Minute City Could Be Coming to an Urban Area ... - June 23rd, 2021
- Special Tony Awards Go to 'American Utopia,' 'Freestyle Love Supreme' - The New York Times - June 23rd, 2021
- 14 New Books Coming in July - The New York Times - June 23rd, 2021
- David Byrnes American Utopia, Freestyle Love Supreme and Broadway Advocacy Coalition to receive special Tonys - New York Theatre Guide - June 23rd, 2021
- West Haven to seek proposals for new broadband network to bolster internet options - Standard-Examiner - June 23rd, 2021
- Primary Day in N.Y.C.: Where the Races Stand - The New York Times - June 23rd, 2021
- David Byrnes American Utopia Finds Home On Broadway For September Return - Deadline - June 18th, 2021
- Utopia? Echoes of Delphi and Dreamweaver in new visual editor for React - The Register - June 18th, 2021
- Coventry and its cathedral: the rise and fall of an urban utopia - TheArticle - June 18th, 2021
- 'When Evening Has Passed and Tomorrow Comes' Exhibition Inspires and Reflects Utopia - Daily Utah Chronicle - June 18th, 2021
- Cupcakes and cannoli at Richfield's newest bakery at the Hub - Minneapolis Star Tribune - June 18th, 2021
- Can Science Survive the Death of the Universe? - Scientific American - June 18th, 2021
- How To Tell If Your New Flatmate Is A Menace To Society Before They Move In - Pedestrian TV - June 18th, 2021
- This Dispenary Is Part Funhouse, Part Diner, and All Trippy - Green Entrepreneur - June 18th, 2021
- Bill Nemitz: Neo-Nazis moving to northern Maine? Say it ain't so - Press Herald - June 18th, 2021
- The Liverpool Biennial's Blinkered Approach to Feminist Art - frieze.com - June 18th, 2021
- Sims 4 is introducing cottagecore to the game with a new expansion pack - The A.V. Club - June 18th, 2021
- The Collective Alice, or, on Fear, Death, Multitudes, and Pain - E-Flux - June 18th, 2021
- How woke mayoral candidates want to NYC into Communist ... - May 27th, 2021
- Magma (comics) - Wikipedia - May 27th, 2021
- Winnie the Pooh musical headed to off-Broadway stage - Chicago Sun-Times - May 27th, 2021
- Netflix's Utopia, TVNZ's In the Long Run among great shows to stream this weekend - Stuff.co.nz - May 27th, 2021
- Insight - This bitcoin chaos will blow up your cyberpunk utopia - The Star Online - May 27th, 2021
- Austin is a 'utopia': Mayor Steve Adler talks homelessness and city growth on Joe Rogan podcast - Austonia - May 27th, 2021
- China's Zhurong Mars rover rolls onto the Martian surface (photos) - Space.com - May 27th, 2021
- Brave new virtual world: The Startup Wife, by Tahmima Anam, reviewed - Spectator.co.uk - May 27th, 2021
- Not Bitcoin. This will be the future of money - Mint - May 27th, 2021
- David Byrne on a lifetime of innovation and finding American Utopia - The FADER - May 27th, 2021
- 'Hadestown' jumps ahead of pack to welcome Broadway patrons - The Independent - May 27th, 2021
- Photo essay: What these artists and activists want you to know about their L.A. - Los Angeles Times - May 27th, 2021
- The Cut Podcast: The Other Side of Optimism - The Cut - May 27th, 2021