An island vacation might actually be in the cards this year. The islands that make up the Caribbean are in various stages of reopening this summer, with many countries already open to tourists. Throw in the fact thatAmericans probably won't be able to visit Europe this summer, and you have even more reason to lounge on a beach in the middle of the Atlantic.
From the Bahamas to Bermuda, these are all the Caribbean islands reopening to tourists this summer:
OPENING IN JUNE
Antigua:Antigua will allow flights from the United States to recommence on June 4.To be allowed into the country, travelers will need to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test upon arrival at the airport.
Jamaica: Jamaica reopened to tourists from all countries on June 15.
St. Barth: St. Barth will reopen June 22 with all beaches, restaurants and stores open without restrictions. Tourists must provide aCOVID-negative RT-PCR test performed within three days prior to the visitors departure.
St. Lucia:St. Lucia began a phased reopening on June 4, allowing only tourists from the United States.Visitors must alsopresent certified proof of a negative coronavirus test taken within 48 hours of boarding their flights when arriving on the island and must also continue wearing face masks and practicing social distancing. Phase two of reopening starts August 1.
US Virgin Islands:The islands have been open since June 1. The nation's stay-at-home order stillr requires masks to be worn in public buildings, limits gatherings to 10 people or less, and requires bars and restaurants to operate at 50 percent capacity.
OPENING IN JULY
Aruba: Aruba currently allows visitors from Bonaire and Curaao. Tourism from other Caribbean nations (except the Dominican Republic and Haiti), Europe, and Canada will begin on July 1. United States tourism will begin on July 10.
Bahamas: As part of a phased opening, the islands will welcome private yachts and planes starting June 15 before opening for commercial tourism on July 1.
Bermuda:Bermuda will reopen to international air travel on July 1, but before arriving on the island, visitors will be required to obtain a certified negativePCR COVID-19 testwithin 72 hours of departure.
Dominican Republic: The DR will reopen for tourism starting July 1 as part of the fourth phase of its reopening plan.
Puerto Rico: Puerto Rice will reopen on July 15.Temperature checks will be enforced and anyone with a temperature over 100.3 will be denied entry.
Turks and Caicos:On June 5, Turks and Caicos will allow businesses to reopen, and restaurants plan to reopen on July 6 before tourism commences on July 22.
When will we be able to travel again? Heres everything we know so far.
Most popular on Time Out-The Dominican Republic will reopen for tourists in July-US-based airlines will resume operating international flights as early as next month-Online trivia games to play remotely-Thousands are participating in global bake sale bakers against racism-Are these new plane seat dividers the solution to travel?
See more here:
- PAHO Director: If our health systems are not prepared, it is not the time to reopen - EyeWitness News - September 18th, 2020
- Bahamas New VIP Plan: Allow Tourists In, Then Lock Them Down. - The St. Kitts-Nevis Observer - September 18th, 2020
- Search Called Off for Missing Jamaicans and Haitians in Bahamas - caribbeannationalweekly.com - September 18th, 2020
- PAHO: Bahamas showing balance between reducing transmission and reopening - EyeWitness News - September 18th, 2020
- 'Fifth division Bahamas' faces uphill struggle to hit Singapore ambition - Bahamas Tribune - September 18th, 2020
- Back to the Bahamas: It's the people you remember most from life's adventures - Kingsport Times News - September 18th, 2020
- Divide and rule - Bahamas Tribune - September 18th, 2020
- A year after Hurricane Dorian hit the Bahamas, the islands are eager to welcome back visitors - iNews - September 18th, 2020
- PAHO: Vaccine not around the corner - Bahamas Tribune - September 18th, 2020
- Distillery sales return as US and local economy reopens - EyeWitness News - September 18th, 2020
- EDITORIAL: Are we out of our league? - Bahamas Tribune - September 18th, 2020
- Three days of suspected COVID deaths EyeWitness News - EyeWitness News - September 18th, 2020
- UK weather forecast: Temperatures to be hotter than the Bahamas next week as mercury rises above 30C - Evening Standard - September 18th, 2020
- The Artist Whose Medium Is Science - The New York Times - September 18th, 2020
- Out Island resorts eye COVID testing savings - Bahamas Tribune - September 18th, 2020
- Blockchain, The Bahamas, And Future Directions In Cryptocurrency Reporting - Forbes - August 26th, 2020
- Global warming's huge threat to Bahamas - Bahamas Tribune - August 26th, 2020
- Shore Thing Escapes Provides Coronavirus Aid to the Bahamas - PR Web - August 26th, 2020
- Bahamas Government to Outline New Economic Measures to Deal with Impact of COVID - caribbeannationalweekly.com - August 26th, 2020
- 'Renovation Island': The Baeumler Family's Luxury Bahamas Resort Is Finally Open for Reservations - Showbiz Cheat Sheet - August 26th, 2020
- Frustration begins to show in Grand Bahama - Bahamas Tribune - August 26th, 2020
- Sean Connery 90th birthday: From James Bond to Bahamas recluse - The Scottish Sun - August 26th, 2020
- Restrictions eased on Family Islands and Grand Bahama - Bahamas Tribune - August 26th, 2020
- Tropical Storm Laura bearing down on The Bahamas, Turks & Caicos - Loop News Trinidad and Tobago - August 26th, 2020
- FACE TO FACE: A lifetime's mission to redress the wrongs of slavery and explore a people's African roots - Bahamas Tribune - August 26th, 2020
- Bahamian aviation industry owed 'proper respect' says operator - EyeWitness News - August 26th, 2020
- PETER YOUNG: COVID's here to stay and it may be we'll just have to learn to live alongside it - Bahamas Tribune - August 26th, 2020
- Letters to the Editor: A young Bahamian response to COVID-19 - EyeWitness News - August 26th, 2020
- McAlpine to PM: Not the time to appoint engineer to min. of health - EyeWitness News - August 26th, 2020
- Ease leaves GB with 'crippled but better' economy - Bahamas Tribune - August 26th, 2020
- Ministry of Health in the Bahamas reports 2 more COVID deaths - i95.5 FM - August 26th, 2020
- Bahamas PM Assesses Isaias Damage on US Coast Guard Aircraft - US Embassy in The Bahamas - August 3rd, 2020
- Montage To Open Luxury Resort On Private Island In Bahamas - Forbes - August 3rd, 2020
- Hurricane Isaias to impact Bahamas today and the US this weekend - CNN - August 3rd, 2020
- A New Private Island Resort Is Coming to the Bahamas - TravelPulse - August 3rd, 2020
- New tropical threat for Caribbean and Bahamas, heat wave continues for East Coast - ABC News - August 3rd, 2020
- Everything you need to know if you have plans to travel to the Bahamas - MSN Money - August 3rd, 2020
- A COMIC'S VIEW: Stupid is as stupid does in The Bahamas - Bahamas Tribune - August 3rd, 2020
- Grand Bahama residents in 20 communities advised to evacuate - Bahamas Tribune - August 3rd, 2020
- Traveling to The Bahamas: What You Need to Know - Caribbean Journal - July 21st, 2020
- Bahamas to Ban International Travel Amid COVID Concerns - Voice of America - July 21st, 2020
- US Navy Destroyer Rescues Yacht Off the Coast of the Bahamas - The Maritime Executive - July 21st, 2020
- From The Bahamas to Turks and Caicos, 7 Private Islands You Can Visit - Caribbean Journal - July 21st, 2020
- Secret royal living in the Bahamas EXPOSED - New Idea - July 21st, 2020
- 'Renovation Island': Here's How Much It Costs to Stay at the Baeumler Family's Luxury Bahamas Beach Resort - Showbiz Cheat Sheet - July 21st, 2020
- What to know before heading to the Bahamas - Boston Herald - July 15th, 2020
- Government of The Bahamas - Ministry of Health Testing Protocol for Incoming Visitors - PRNewswire - July 15th, 2020
- Defense Force increases presence in southern Bahamas - EyeWitness News - July 15th, 2020
- Top 10 Islands in the Caribbean and the Bahamas - KCTV Kansas City - July 15th, 2020
- Bahamas urged to re-examine 'citizen investors' - Bahamas Tribune - July 15th, 2020
- Time to stop this unjust destruction of Bahamas family life - Bahamas Tribune - July 15th, 2020
- Two new COVID-19 cases in Grand Bahama - EyeWitness News - July 15th, 2020
- Wife of The Bahamas Prime Minister Supports Sewing Classes in Over-the-Hill Community - Magnetic Media - July 15th, 2020
- Bahamas latest island to require negative COVID test for entry - Travelweek - July 15th, 2020
- Three new cases of COVID-19 on Grand Bahama - Bahamas Tribune - July 15th, 2020
- Art Dealer Inigo Philbrick Will Be Kept In US Custody After His Fiances Familys Bahamas Real Estate Was Rejected as Bail Collateral - artnet News - July 15th, 2020
- Police probe reports that officers shot several dogs - Bahamas Tribune - July 15th, 2020
- UK heatwave map: Scorching Atlantic plume to bake Britain hotter than Bahamas - Express.co.uk - July 15th, 2020
- Trudeau's past ethics transgressions hurt the Liberals. Will it happen again? - CBC.ca - July 15th, 2020
- 47th Independence Celebration, A Display of Innovation and Creativity - The Eleutheran - July 15th, 2020
- About 70 animals rescued from Bahamas, brought to Indian River County - TCPalm - June 17th, 2020
- Bahamas Ministry of Tourism & Aviation Prepares For Phase 1 Reopening June 15 - PRNewswire - June 17th, 2020
- Unraveling The Mysterious Death of Sir Harry Oakes in the Bahamas - dujour.com - June 17th, 2020
- Op-Ed: It's better in The Bahamas - EyeWitness News - June 17th, 2020
- Jamaica and Bahamas officially reopen for tourists, nationals Here's what to expect - Face2Face Africa - June 17th, 2020
- Bahamas Oil and Gas Market Outlook to 2023-Strategic Analysis, Insights, Forecasts and Opportunities in Bahamas - Cole of Duty - June 17th, 2020
- No negative test, no entry: Doctors weigh in on reopening Phase 2 - EyeWitness News - June 17th, 2020
- Atlantis to start phased reopening July 7 EyeWitness News - EyeWitness News - June 17th, 2020
- Johnson: Missed WTO targets not the focus - EyeWitness News - June 17th, 2020
- INSIGHT: It's only a matter of time before we pay the price for our shameful silence - Bahamas Tribune - June 17th, 2020
- EDITORIAL: Leave no island behind - Bahamas Tribune - June 17th, 2020
- 'Meals on Wheels' programme rolls on with bank's support - EyeWitness News - June 17th, 2020
- Bahamas becomes the jurisdiction of wealthy Forex brokers - Forex News Now - June 17th, 2020
- People seem to kill at the drop of a hat - Bahamas Tribune - June 17th, 2020
- Govt. looking to mandate the use of masks in public spaces - EyeWitness News - June 17th, 2020
- RBC unveils second phase of COVID-19 relief - EyeWitness News - June 17th, 2020
- BUT: Some teachers return to school what now? - EyeWitness News - June 17th, 2020
- Bahamas Announces Borders Reopening to Travelers on July 1 - TravelPulse - June 1st, 2020
- Breaking: SC of The Bahamas to Implement Massive Regulatory Changes - Finance Magnates - June 1st, 2020
- Where I played: The Abaco Club is Bahamas golf (and living) at its best - Golf.com - June 1st, 2020