Facebook is a happening place these days. Not only is it used to stay in touch with your friends, but brands can connect with their customers too. The creation of groups and Facebook advertising are two of the most prominent methods companies use to keep their brand recognized. However, not many people know that the correct Facebook group cover photo size makes all the difference to the impression you create.
The image should be attractive and a clear representation of your groups purpose, but most importantly, it should be the correct size. Facebook keeps changing the exact guidelines of Facebook group cover photos, and it is hard for any brand to keep up. To help you in this, we have compiled a list of all the specifics you must keep in mind while changing your Facebook group cover photo.
The Facebook group header size is the first thing any customer visiting your Facebook page sees. It is stretched across your entire Facebook group cover page and is even more significant than the profile photo. Apart from that, the Facebook group photo also conveys what your groups message is and what it is actually targeting to achieve.
A solid cover photo actually works wonders in establishing your authority and showing that you are committed to promoting your brand. If you have kept your Facebook group closed, the outsiders only get to see your Group cover before deciding to join or not. A wrong size image can make or break impressions depending on how you choose to use it.
It is better to skip using generic photos, as many people are already using them as their group images. In case you are a brand, then use a Facebook cover photo that emphasizes what your brand is all about, its legacy, services, and products.
The ideal size of the photo should be with an aspect ratio of 1.91:1 or 1,640-pixels-wide by 856-pixels-tall. If you want maximum users to notice you and minimum auto-cropping make sure that you adhere to these guidelines. In reality, a considerable percentage of people access their FB from their phones and mobiles. This means that the photo size you select should be such that it is visible to even people who access the platform on Mobiles and smartphones.
Facebook will not interfere with your cover photo quality or stretch it in any form. Instead, it will just crop your cover photo. Instead, it will just crop your cover photo as per your requirement. On mobile phones, the image will appear in its complete form, but when you see it on the desktop, it is cropped from the top and bottom.
Suppose you want your image to go as it is better to stick to the ideal Facebook group cover photo size. In the past few years, Facebook has modified the size of the group photo many times. In the year 2017, Facebook changed it to a size that looked great on desktops and pathetic on smartphones. They again had similar problems with their 2018 update. However, the present update rectified all issues, and it is now here to stay.
If you are confused about creating the perfect Facebook group cover photo, you must follow the below steps.
You have to first understand what the purpose of your Facebook group is. Who it is targeting, and what you want to achieve with it? Having a clear bait or hook proves helpful, and you may even offer a freebie for guests to join your Facebook group.
By creating this group, you want to target the right audience who will notice your brand, product, or services. This will happen only if you can convince the audiences why they should invest their time or money in you.
The next step in setting the Facebook group cover is to find the correct resolution. This is really crucial; otherwise, your image will appear blurry and hazy. So ensure that the size of your image remains constant at 1640856 pixels. Next, download the picture and import it into the Canva account you have.
Uploading a picture to your Facebook group cover is very easy. From News Feed, click on Groups and then choose your group. Click Upload photo or select an image to choose from your Facebook photos and save it.
You dont have to be Pro to create the perfect group cover photo size. Just follow the above tricks on Canva, and you are done.
If there is any future event coming up, make sure that you change your group cover as well. By doing that, you create a buzz in the group, and your participants eagerly wait for the said occasion. Apart from that, doing this also serves as a reminder, so the chances of them forgetting are minimized.
You can tie up with brands and add their images to your Facebook group cover photo size. This expands the brand reach and informs the other guests about any future conversations and events. The more attractive you make this cover page, the higher are the chances of new participants joining your group.
This is particularly impactful when you have a hobby or food group. You can everyday showcase one members talent or share his/her recipe and spread the buzz. By doing that, you remain in the good books of the other members and also garner huge engagement on the platform.
If you keep the same cover page on your Facebook group for a long time, the guests start losing interest in it. As it is, you have to make your Facebook group a happening place. Why not incorporate the same thought in your Facebook group cover photo as well. Change the image as frequently as you can. However, maintain one image for a sufficient time so that the guests are able to understand and grasp its essence in your group.
You must ensure that whatever elements you are using in the cover photo is big enough to be seen on the mobile as well. These days customers lose interest very quickly, and if they notice something that they are unable to understand, they would clearly move on to some other competitor.
Apart from focussing on the Facebook group cover photo size, there are a few points that you may keep in mind while setting up the same.
When you look for preview, you will see tiny previews alongside. Last year they were changed from a circle to a round-cornered square. This year they appear as circles sometimes and round cornered squares at times. As a result, some previews are easily noticed while others are plainly confusing.
Where does the Facebook group thumbnail preview come from
The preview is usually grabbed from the center of your banner. But if you already have a strong focal point in your Facebook group cover photo, then they will pick it from there. To get them to choose the best photo for preview, just follow the tips:
Another aspect you should pay real attention to while creating the new Facebook group cover photo size is the concept of Facebook gradient. On Desktop displays, Facebook pulls a single color from the top sides of the group banner. After this, it creates a gradient that stretches towards both sides of the image.
In case your cover image has separate colors on both sides, this gradient may look odd and unbalanced. If your photo has contrasting colors in its edges that contrast with your brand image, this concept does not look quite neat.
At the end of it all, you need a fantastic resource from where you can derive images on a regular basis. This is important as your Facebook group cover photo cannot be repeated, and for that, unique images are required every now and then. Though you will find many such resources online, only a few of them are trustworthy, and here we mention them.
Bannersnack claims that they are the best online banner makers ever. Their collection has thousands of banner templates that you can pick from at any time. All the templates shared here are customizable so that you can modify them as per your choice. You can add a personal touch or just insert some basic additions to the image. Using these templates, you get the feel as if you are the one who is designing these templates instead of using a resource. Whats more, all these templates are absolutely free, and you can use them without paying any money. You just have to sign up and get a Facebook group banner for your use.
Again this is a free Facebook group cover creator platform and has the backing of a solid company like Adobe behind it. To begin, you have to select the ideal size of the banner, which is 1640 pixels by 856 pixels, as already mentioned. Later you can make it more enticing and exciting by adding elements to it. Add an attractive image, or just perk it up with a valuable quote. The options are many, and it is solely up to you as to how you want to play around with it. The variety of banners is interesting, and you will never get bored of the choices.
At Snappa, you get the most exciting experience of creating a Facebook group cover photo. There are many professionally designed templates, and you can update them as frequently as you want. Easily customizable, you can modify these images, graphics, templates, and texts to create the perfect banner. Plus, the website boasts of having a fantastic collection of 3,000,000 high-resolution stock-free photos that you can use. Since the collection is so huge, there is no chance you will not get what you were looking for.
Crello again is relatively simple to work around with. In fact, through this platform, you can create the perfect Facebook group cover photo in just four easy steps. Similar to Adobe Spark, you first need to choose the size of the banner required. There are nearly 20 000 templates on display, and you can easily select one from among them. Now customize the template to suit your needs. You can easily add or subtract any element to the template. This makes it a breeze to add information about your brand and make it noticeable. Once you have made a perfect banner, you can download it and apply it to your Facebook group cover.
Fotor allows you to create a simple Facebook group cover photo in a matter of minutes. You just apply a few clicks and your work is accomplished. Not only that, here you can customize a pre-made template to suit it to perfection. As a bonus, you can start your own banner from scratch and make it as per your needs. Once you are sure that the perfect group cover has been created, you can even preview the image. Download it in any size that you want and apply it to the Facebook group cover though it is always wise to maintain the size specified by Facebook.
PicMonkey promises that with their help, you can make some rather interesting Facebook group cover photos. Using these covers, you can easily attract new and focused followers to your page on a regular basis. The templates provided on their website are helpful to make on-brand designs. If your brand has a particular style or color scheme, you could incorporate the same into your cover page. This helps the guests to recollect your brand and link it with your page. You may edit the graphics, fonts, and effects to match the style and make it suitable for your requirement.
Sometimes you would want to make a collage of all the images you already have or are interested in showing. BeFunkys website helps you do just that. Apart from that, the platform is also famous for the features that it offers for Facebook cover photo creation. Just manipulate the features provided by the Photo editor and smoothly create a customized Facebook group cover photo. Click on the edit panel and select the crop tool showing. Now resize your image to the aspect ratio of the Facebook banners. This ratio in most cases is 1.91: 1, and you must adhere to it. This tool is quite simple to comprehend and navigate around.
Piktochart claims and actually provides attractive options for your Facebook group covers. Using the templates offered by Piktochart, you can comfortably create pretty enticing group covers. Navigation and application of the tool are easy and can be done without any prior training. All the templates are created by experts and therefore thus look very professional. With their free library of graphics, templates, and design components, you can create wonders with your Facebook group cover photos. You can even use your data to prepare a story and post it as a banner.
Fotojets collection of image templates is pretty extensive. So much so that you have innumerable options to choose around from. Whether you want a classical cover page or a professional template, the Fotojet collection has everything for you. You can browse through this collection and decide which combination you would want to pick. In fact, you can use the platform for preparing a collage Plus, the registration is free, and you do not need any download or installation to use the resources. The platform is easy to use, and with just a few clicks, any novice can create a template that is stunning.
Using Stencil, any user can create a beautiful Facebook group cover within just two minutes of time. This is because they have the correct Facebook group cover photo size, so you do not have to figure out which size to choose. You could also upload your own photo or choose from the huge library of photos available for your disposal. Apart from that, there are 3000 Google fonts that you can add to your banner and make it look distinct and attractive.
When you start your Facebook group, your first objective is to get in as many members joining as possible. Naturally, the first thing any interested group member will see in your group is your cover photo. Remember that if you are a business, the popularity and success of your group dictate the future sales you will make.
The more attractive the Facebook group cover photo is, the higher are the chances of new audiences to notice it. That is why it is considered so critical to pay attention to the cover photo you choose and set on your page. You can use a lot of ways and make your Facebook group cover photos enjoyable. We have mentioned some of them, and following them is vital to gain substantial traction.
Apart from that, you will find many resources from where you can procure the images easily. These images can be converted into Facebook cover photos and grant an attractive touch to your page. At any point in time, you can use the platforms available and take advantage of the collection of images available. You could also prepare a slideshow, and the photos will automatically be changed as per the settings.
Facebook is quite strict about the specifications of size of FB group cover photo. If you mess up with the exact dimensions, it could mean that your image will look haphazard and blurry. Apart from that, on the Facebook mobile app, these cover page images might be trimmed, which is not suitable for you either. Follow the guidelines as mentioned earlier, precisely and take advantage of the engagement benefits you derive from it.
- Craft Guild of chefs reveals the names of chefs through to next stage of The National Chef of the Year competition - Premier Construction Magazine - July 21st, 2021
- Beating Breath of the Wild like its Snake took careful planning and infinite patience - Destructoid - July 21st, 2021
- E-transmission: The allure of toxic leaders - Daily Sun - July 21st, 2021
- Clairos Sling paves a brilliantly inspired and elegantly orchestrated road to comfort - The A.V. Club - July 21st, 2021
- CBD Infused Drinks: Everything You Need to Know... - Marketscreener.com - July 21st, 2021
- Meet Simone Ferretti, an astute name and personality climbing his way to the top in the social media industry. - The American Reporter - July 21st, 2021
- 10 Lessons Bungie Should Learn From Destiny 2s Season Of The Splicer - Forbes - July 18th, 2021
- Album reviews: KSI All Over the Place and Willow Lately I Feel Everything - The Independent - July 18th, 2021
- Delhi University to admit students based on cut-offs - The Indian Express - July 18th, 2021
- 6 Ways The Internet Is Slowly Transforming Our Minds 2021 Tips - BollyInside - July 18th, 2021
- SmugMug Source Preview: Say Goodbye to NAS Servers and Hello to the Best Cloud Storage Yet - Fstoppers - July 18th, 2021
- Album reviews: KSI All Over the Place and Willow Lately I Feel Everything - MSN UK - July 16th, 2021
- RBSE 10th and 12th Result 2021: Schools Complete Uploading of Marks, Rajasthan Board Results Expected Soon rajresults.nic.in - Jagran Josh - July 16th, 2021
- How Scrybe Streaming Is Disrupting the Music Industry, Interview With CEO Christian Phyfier - The Ritz Herald - July 16th, 2021
- Best iOS and Android apps we used in 2021 (so far) - Mashable - July 16th, 2021
- Prontonn receives USD 9 million of funding - Inventiva - July 16th, 2021
- In Defence of HIKAI - The Shillong Times - July 16th, 2021
- The Echo Show 10 Is The Only Smart Display That Follows Every Step Of The Way - MensXP.com - July 16th, 2021
- Who is Baby J? BTS responds to rumors, debuts Permission to Dance on Jimmy Fallon show - MEAWW - July 16th, 2021
- Bill Ackman Sent a Text to the CEO of Mastercard. What Happened Next Is a Parable for ESG. - Institutional Investor - June 20th, 2021
- #ATA2021: Telehealth Is Key to Equity and Access for Every Patient Population - HealthTech Magazine - June 20th, 2021
- The Secret Is Out That Confidential Computing Is A Hot Trend And Seriously Crucial To AI And For Self-Driving Cars Too - Forbes - June 20th, 2021
- CBSE 12th Result 2021: Schools Asked To Hold Practical Exams Online, and Upload Marks by 28 June - AglaSem News - June 20th, 2021
- Cardiff cyclist catches up with driver and gives him piece of her mind after cat call - Nation.Cymru - June 6th, 2021
- After Making Example of Jon Rahm, PGA Tour Expects Vaccinations to Increase Significantly: Opinion - Pro Golf Weekly - June 6th, 2021
- Doug Fishbone show at the Crawford couldnt be more timely - The Irish Times - June 6th, 2021
- Why Developers Prefer Creating Apps That Begin As iOS-Exclusives? We Spoke To Two Developers Ahead Of WWDC 2021 - Mashable India - June 6th, 2021
- Young Juno nominees on why theyre moving to the algorithm of TikTok - 660 News - June 6th, 2021
- As EVM theories fade after Mamata Banerjees win, here is all you need to know about how EVMs cannot be hacked, no matter who wins - OpIndia - June 6th, 2021
- Downloading our thoughts to the mainframe may be the stuff of science fiction but humans have been imagining it for centuries - The Conversation AU - May 20th, 2021
- Google Photos to end free unlimited uploads: What it means to you - SlashGear - May 20th, 2021
- How to start vlogging - Creative Bloq - May 20th, 2021
- Many Latino men haven't gotten vaccinated. Misinformation, fear and busy lives are factors - Los Angeles Times - May 20th, 2021
- GFRIEND to officially disband; Members upload handwritten letters for fans while Sowon has a special message - PINKVILLA - May 20th, 2021
- Google Photos unlimited free storage is ending this month, so what are your options - India Today - May 20th, 2021
- Severe weather soaks spirits in rain-ravaged area - "We're trying to hang in there" - Port Arthur News - The Port Arthur News - May 20th, 2021
- Assams fictional superhero Advitya all set to hit the screens in fancy outfit without mask - The Hindu - May 20th, 2021
- '1000-Lb Sisters' Season 3: What Happened to Tammy Slaton's Forehead? - Showbiz Cheat Sheet - May 20th, 2021
- Netizens Baffled Over Moms Photo Of Daughter Sinking Into Concrete - Latin Times - May 20th, 2021
- [App Fridays] How 1MG is meeting the rise in demand for teleconsultations, medicines amid COVID-19 resurgence - YourStory - May 20th, 2021
- Steven Crowder Sues YouTube for Silencing Conservatives: 'This Is the Big One' - CBN News - May 20th, 2021
- First Lady hands over 30 000 books - The Herald - May 20th, 2021
- Free to fly again - The Garden Island - May 11th, 2021
- Here's How to Record a Video That's Three Minutes on TikTok - Distractify - May 11th, 2021
- Dishonest censorship scare may torpedo Bill C-10, a chance to update broadcasting laws for the modern era - The Globe and Mail - May 11th, 2021
- AI-Based Editing That Learns Your Style? Fstoppers Reviews ImagenAI - Fstoppers - May 11th, 2021
- Google Photos unlimited free storage offer ends this month, and here are few things you should keep in mind - India Today - May 9th, 2021
- Here's how to touch of death with 2 combos as Gill, Rose and Ibuki in Street Fighter 5: Champion Edition as showcased by LPN - EventHubs - May 9th, 2021
- Feel Better Yoga in Burlington launched online-only memberships in response to COVID - Burlington Times News - May 9th, 2021
- Sinn Fin hopes to use controversial voter database for Dublin byelection - The Irish Times - May 9th, 2021
- Dogs at polling stations are the real stars of the Scottish Parliament election - The National - May 9th, 2021
- Dodie on growing up on YouTube and her new album Build a Problem: I didnt have any boundaries - iNews - May 9th, 2021
- 40 Must-See New Movies to See This Summer Season - IndieWire - May 9th, 2021
- MTV: Who is Tyler from Catfish? Updates on his relationship with Stefany! - Reality Titbit - Celebrity TV News - May 9th, 2021
- Guided By Voices Earth Man Blues May Be the Power-Pop Heroes Best Album in Decades - Rolling Stone - May 1st, 2021
- How to turn on TikTok's new auto captions - Mashable - May 1st, 2021
- As seen on CBS This Morning: Protecting Veterans' digital accounts with a free service offer and book from GoodTrust - VAntage Point - VAntage Point... - May 1st, 2021
- COVID-19 update: Faculty and staff vaccinations - University of Denver Newsroom - May 1st, 2021
- Sonny Fodera & Just Kiddin' team up with Lilly Ahlberg on 'Closer' - We Rave You - May 1st, 2021
- The Kid LAROI Talks Without You Remix Featuring Miley Cyrus and Putting Raw Emotion Into His Music - Variety - May 1st, 2021
- Were These Migrant Teens Framed for Arson That Left 13,000 Homeless? - The Daily Beast - May 1st, 2021
- Blockchain startup S!NG wants creators to lean on NFTs to protect their intellectual property - TechCrunch - April 27th, 2021
- How to upload and view 4K images on Twitter for Android and iOS - HT Tech - April 27th, 2021
- Worrying Kwon Mina Instagram post is removed as fans share support on Twitter - HITC - Football, Gaming, Movies, TV, Music - April 27th, 2021
- Mathilde Tantot: French Model Who Suffered Wardrobe Malfunction Breaks the Internet with Bare-All Snaps - International Business Times, Singapore... - April 27th, 2021
- Twitter now allows you to share pictures in 4K on Android, iOS - Moneycontrol.com - April 23rd, 2021
- Of OTTs and more! - The Times of India Blog - April 23rd, 2021
- Nodal officers to check availability of beds in pvt, Govt hosps in G'gram - Daily Pioneer - April 23rd, 2021
- Fighting COVID-19: Vaccination picks up in Jammu and Kashmir - indiablooms - April 23rd, 2021
- Billions of bugs: Meet the cicada chasers trailing Brood X - CNET - April 23rd, 2021
- Fashion Society stitches together first virtual fashion magazine - The Poly Post - April 23rd, 2021
- BTS drive for Smart urges PH youth to 'live your passion with purpose' - Manila Bulletin - April 23rd, 2021
- Dortmunds strict squad rules and fines revealed with Arsenal star Aubameyang branded punishment king dur... - The Sun - April 23rd, 2021
- Jimmie Johnson ready to make his official jump from NASCAR to IndyCar this weekend - ESPN - April 19th, 2021
- Sushmita Sen's "Meditation In Action" Post Is Beating Our Monday Blues. Watch Her Workout Video - NDTV - April 19th, 2021
- Vaccine passports for COVID-19: How they'll be a part of global travel - CNET - April 19th, 2021
- Creators On The Rise: Gunnar Deatherage Is Stitching Himself A Career On TikTok And YouTube Shorts - Tubefilter - April 19th, 2021
- Guest blog: Why broadband has never been more important for a residential care home in the midst of a global pandemic | Business & Finance -... - April 19th, 2021
- From Kaviya Maran to Aditi Hundia, women who grabbed IPL cameramen's attention over the years - DNA India - April 19th, 2021
- Core is an Epic-funded development platform hoping to be the next Roblox - PC Gamer - April 19th, 2021