In 2020, there is a plethora of new technology to turn your regular, old home into a smart home. Forget about vacuuming, using light switches and security systems of the past your new smarter home is waiting for you.
Smart technology has on the market for many years, Apple first installed Siri on the iPhone in 2011 and smart assistants of all kinds followed today we ask Google, Alexa and Siri to turn on or up the music, to answer our questions and even to turn on and off our appliances.
The three smart speakers can do so much more than tell you the weather, turn on your music or search the internet they can turn your appliances on and off.
Inexpensive smart plugs, like the WeMo mini smart plug, connect your appliances lights, fans and more to your phone and your smart speakers. Then all you have to say is Alexa, turn on the lights.
Smart thermostats can save you money and reduce your carbon footprint while making your home more comfortable by controlling the internal temperature of your home.
Honeywell, a brand you might recognize in home products, has a Wi-Fi Smart Color Thermostat. The thermostat boasts easy set-up, an energy-saving mode, do-it-yourself installation and more. The thermostat has a Wi-Fi connection but can also be controlled via a tablet or computer or the Honeywell phone app, according to the Honeywell website.
The Google Nest thermostat has many of the same features of the Honeywell thermostat but with a very simple look. The thermostat can be installed by anyone and should take about half an hour, the Google store website says. The Nest thermostat gets to know your schedule as you turn up the heat or air conditioning at certain times and will start to do the work for you.
The thermostat can also be controlled by Amazons Alexa, according to a spokesperson for Nest, Google Nests support for new technologies like Alexa gives you more ways to control your Nest home while youre out and when youre at home.
The Nest thermostat cannot be controlled via the HomePod but can be via an Apple store app, the spokesperson said.
Smart technology has brought a wave of new security systems for those looking to protect their homes with all of the technology at their fingertips.
Nest also makes a Google Nest camera but unlike security cameras of the past, the Nest camera doesnt use memory cards to store the video footage.
Instead, it uploads your video continuously to the cloud. This lets you view live footage on your phone or computer, and if youve subscribed to Google Nest Aware, your camera will automatically store your continuous video history in the cloud, the Nest spokesperson said.
This technology keeps security footage safe its protected from theft or damage and can be accessed from anywhere.
Ring is a security system that launched in 2012 and has gained popularity, particularly for its video doorbells. The doorbell camera detects motion when people come to your property and you receive a notification on your phone, tablet or computer, then you can open your Ring application to see who it as your door, the Ring website says.
Ring also sells several cameras and an alarm kit that will alert you when a door or window is opened or those looking for an even more secure home, the website says.
Robot vacuum cleaners
The Roomba robot vacuum cleaner has been around for nearly two decades, launched in 2002 but having a robot doing your cleaning remains part of 2020 smart home.
iRobot products, like our Roomba robot vacuums and Braava jet robot mops, help free up time by providing a helping hand around the house. Whether its scheduling a Roomba to clean up the kitchen after dinner, or helping allergy sufferers maintain a certain level of daily clean, our products are an effective tool to get more done, and give customers back time, Public Relations Manager for iRobot, James Baussmann told the newspaper.
Today there are many robot vacuum cleaners to choose from, including the classic iRobot Roomba which now has five vacuum cleaners and three robot mops. The company has now even introduced a robot lawn mower.
iRobot Roombas sweep and vacuum up dust and debris. All of its vacuums can clean carpets, and get into the edges of your home, the iRobot website says.
Certain Roomba robot vacuums and Braava jet robot mops have mapping capabilities and can understand more complex voice commands, such as, Tell Roomba to vacuum the kitchen. There are even Roomba models that can empty themselves, automatically disposing debris into a Clean Base charging station that holds 60 days of dirt, dust, and hair, Baussmann said.
No matter what kind of smart technology you are looking to integrate into your life a hands-free assistant like the Amazon Echo, a safety expert like the Ring doorbell or a maid like the iRobot Roomba, the technology exists in 2020.
Read the original post:
- Apple CEO Tim Cook on the nexus of technology and social change - CBS News - June 21st, 2020
- From Microsoft to the iPhone, getting technology right for 25 years - CNET - June 21st, 2020
- With schools closed, immigrant communities struggle with access to technology and connection - Summit Daily News - June 21st, 2020
- Ford's electric Mustang will offer hands-free driving technology next year - CNN - June 21st, 2020
- Carbon capture technology is an elusive dream - The Durango Herald - June 21st, 2020
- Microsoft and SAS announce deep technology partnership - TechCrunch - June 21st, 2020
- Why tech didnt save us from covid-19 - MIT Technology Review - June 21st, 2020
- China and India need each other. Just look at technology - CNN - June 21st, 2020
- Expert view: Technology is a blessing and a curse when it comes to global cybersecurity threats - Stockhead - June 21st, 2020
- Scientists split over which disease to put in 6G technology - The Big Smoke Australia - June 21st, 2020
- Inside the NBA's plan to use smart technology and big data to keep players safe from coronavirus - CNBC - June 21st, 2020
- The West is being naive about China's use of technology in this looming cold war - iNews - June 21st, 2020
- Leonardo and Intermarine to research and develop new technologies - Naval Technology - June 21st, 2020
- While Dems and GOP squabble over extending $600 unemployment benefits, outdated technology may slow any solution - CNBC - June 21st, 2020
- Intl. Conference on Recent Trends in Science and Technology held - Star of Mysore - June 21st, 2020
- Methyl Glucose Market by Technology, Application & Geography Analysis & Forecast to 2025 - 3rd Watch News - June 21st, 2020
- NHS Covid app developers 'tried to block rival symptom trackers' - The Guardian - June 21st, 2020
- Coronavirus: 5 technologies inspired by the pandemic - The National - June 21st, 2020
- Technology Will Not Save Us - The New York Times - May 2nd, 2020
- Amid a new technology normal, gaps and gratitude for the devices that sustain us - Citizen Times - May 2nd, 2020
- COVID-19 and Technology: Commonly Used Terms - EFF - May 2nd, 2020
- Salon turns to dry fog technology to kill coronavirus ahead of reopening - FOX 31 Denver - May 2nd, 2020
- A brief history of video and technology in baseball, and how it helped teams steal signs - The Boston Globe - May 2nd, 2020
- How South Korea has used tech to successfully contain COVID-19 - Business Insider - Business Insider - May 2nd, 2020
- AI proven to be invaluable technology during pandemic - Khaleej Times - May 2nd, 2020
- The Use Of Technology And Future Of Work Has Changed Because Of COVID-19 - caribbeannationalweekly.com - May 2nd, 2020
- COVID-19 Impact on the Airport Operations Market by Technology and Region - Global Forecast to 2025 - ResearchAndMarkets.com - Yahoo Finance - May 2nd, 2020
- Apple must expand its COVID tracing technology into large scale testing - AppleInsider - May 2nd, 2020
- A 'pandemic drone' and other technology could help limit the spread of coronavirus and ease restrictions sooner, but at what cost? - ABC News - May 2nd, 2020
- Highlights from Hegeman: Getting rural Missouri the technology it needs - The Maryville Forum - May 2nd, 2020
- 15-year-olds life mission preserved through foundation providing technology to children in need - NJ.com - May 2nd, 2020
- The US already has the technology to test millions of people a day - MIT Technology Review - May 2nd, 2020
- Electric Car BYD Han To Have More Range With New Battery Technology - Fossbytes - May 2nd, 2020
- The neuroscience of loneliness and how technology is helping us - The Next Web - May 2nd, 2020
- Stimulus checks and other coronavirus relief hindered by dated technology and rocky government rollout - SF Gate - April 23rd, 2020
- Australias Fire Season Ends, and Researchers Look to the Next One - The New York Times - April 23rd, 2020
- US lawmaker says any COVID-19 contact tracing technology should be voluntary and limited - Gadgets Now - April 23rd, 2020
- Summerside convention brings new technology to the field - The Guardian - April 23rd, 2020
- How Las Cruces Public Schools is providing technology to 1 in 5 students who need it - KVIA El Paso - April 18th, 2020
- China's strategy to reorient US tech companies is exposed what next? | TheHill - The Hill - April 18th, 2020
- How China used technology to combat COVID-19 and tighten its grip on citizens - Amnesty International - April 18th, 2020
- The importance of technology in banking during a crisis | VOX, CEPR Policy Portal - voxeu.org - April 18th, 2020
- Lux Communities leaning on technology amidst coronavirus pandemic - INFORUM - April 18th, 2020
- Is COVID-19 the push businesses need to fast-track technology adoption? - ZDNet - April 18th, 2020
- Doctor calls technology 'instrumental' in tracking the spread of COVID-19 - WBAY - April 18th, 2020
- The neuroscience of loneliness and how technology is helping us - The Conversation UK - April 18th, 2020
- Gov. Evers Signs Bill Expanding Access to Standing Technology - WEAU - April 18th, 2020
- QQQX: Technology And 'High Yield' To Beat The Markets After We Beat COVID-19 - Seeking Alpha - April 18th, 2020
- I Think It Could Be A Game Changer | Frederick Company Develops Technology To Disinfect N95 Masks - CBS Baltimore - April 18th, 2020
- Mayor of London backed tech start-up used to make 'deep fakes' - Telegraph.co.uk - April 18th, 2020
- The expansion of mass surveillance to stop coronavirus should worry us all - The Guardian - April 18th, 2020
- While We've Been in Lockdown, Solar Cell Technology Has Smashed Three Big Records - ScienceAlert - April 18th, 2020
- How new technology in Data Science is impacting the life of Data Scientists - YourStory - April 18th, 2020
- Four technologies Japan and the US should team on to counter China - C4ISRNet - April 18th, 2020
- Activist investor Starboard, which has track record of big returns in tech, finds its next target - CNBC - April 18th, 2020
- Sheriff Robert L. Langley, Jr. Reports License Plate Reader Technology Crucial to Discovery of Two Vehicles Reported Stolen - HamletHub - April 18th, 2020
- Coronavirus Contact Tracing: Apple and Google Team Up to Enable Virus Tracking - The New York Times - April 18th, 2020
- 'We are all interconnected': Coronavirus is reshaping our relationship with technology - Sydney Morning Herald - April 18th, 2020
- Nation-building through engineering and technology education - The Star Online - April 18th, 2020
- How you and your technology can help fight Covid-19 - The Irish Times - April 18th, 2020
- InteliCare seeks to bring its AI-based aged care monitoring technology to the ASX - Small Caps - April 18th, 2020
- Artificial Intelligence and the environmental crisis: 'Can technology really save the world?', asks Tayside expert - The Courier - April 18th, 2020
- More than 20,000 computers loaned to students to learn from home - Business in Vancouver - April 18th, 2020
- Have we allowed technology to become another family member? - Daily Monitor - April 18th, 2020
- Technology - Wikipedia - April 11th, 2020
- Tech 24 - Hacking the Covid-19 crisis: The role of technology - FRANCE 24 - April 11th, 2020
- National Geographic's Technology Comes to TC Williams - The Zebra - April 11th, 2020
- Religious leaders are using technology to connect with congregations during Holy Week - Long Beach Post - April 11th, 2020
- How a 5G Coronavirus Conspiracy Theory Fueled Arson and Harassment in Britain - The New York Times - April 11th, 2020
- Using technology to celebrate the holiday | Pandemic 2020 - Barre Montpelier Times Argus - April 11th, 2020
- The technology Utah is using to track the coronavirus - ABC 4 - April 11th, 2020
- Technology-Enabled Mission Command: Keeping up with the (John Paul) Joneses - War on the Rocks - April 11th, 2020
- Realtors Use Technology To Connect With Clients Amid COVID-19 - KVRR - April 11th, 2020
- David Basulto Discusses Archdaily, Technology and Design Thinking in Inspiring Design Podcast - ArchDaily - April 11th, 2020
- Specialization, technology and culture erode traditions, discourage participation - The Herald Bulletin - April 11th, 2020
- Coronavirus: How technology and apps could allow the UK to leave lockdown but impose new restrictions of their own - The Independent - April 11th, 2020
- Coronavirus could finally unleash innovative promise of 21st century technology - Washington Examiner - April 11th, 2020
- Rabbis allowing Zoom, technology on Passover during quarantine - MyNorthwest.com - April 11th, 2020
- Mixed Reality Technologies To Reshape The Workplace Of The Next Decade - Forbes - April 11th, 2020
- How Technology Has Already Begun Using Your Biometric Data - And Why it's Trustworthy - Analytics Insight - April 11th, 2020