In 2020, there is a plethora of new technology to turn your regular, old home into a smart home. Forget about vacuuming, using light switches and security systems of the past your new smarter home is waiting for you.
Smart technology has on the market for many years, Apple first installed Siri on the iPhone in 2011 and smart assistants of all kinds followed today we ask Google, Alexa and Siri to turn on or up the music, to answer our questions and even to turn on and off our appliances.
The three smart speakers can do so much more than tell you the weather, turn on your music or search the internet they can turn your appliances on and off.
Inexpensive smart plugs, like the WeMo mini smart plug, connect your appliances lights, fans and more to your phone and your smart speakers. Then all you have to say is Alexa, turn on the lights.
Smart thermostats can save you money and reduce your carbon footprint while making your home more comfortable by controlling the internal temperature of your home.
Honeywell, a brand you might recognize in home products, has a Wi-Fi Smart Color Thermostat. The thermostat boasts easy set-up, an energy-saving mode, do-it-yourself installation and more. The thermostat has a Wi-Fi connection but can also be controlled via a tablet or computer or the Honeywell phone app, according to the Honeywell website.
The Google Nest thermostat has many of the same features of the Honeywell thermostat but with a very simple look. The thermostat can be installed by anyone and should take about half an hour, the Google store website says. The Nest thermostat gets to know your schedule as you turn up the heat or air conditioning at certain times and will start to do the work for you.
The thermostat can also be controlled by Amazons Alexa, according to a spokesperson for Nest, Google Nests support for new technologies like Alexa gives you more ways to control your Nest home while youre out and when youre at home.
The Nest thermostat cannot be controlled via the HomePod but can be via an Apple store app, the spokesperson said.
Smart technology has brought a wave of new security systems for those looking to protect their homes with all of the technology at their fingertips.
Nest also makes a Google Nest camera but unlike security cameras of the past, the Nest camera doesnt use memory cards to store the video footage.
Instead, it uploads your video continuously to the cloud. This lets you view live footage on your phone or computer, and if youve subscribed to Google Nest Aware, your camera will automatically store your continuous video history in the cloud, the Nest spokesperson said.
This technology keeps security footage safe its protected from theft or damage and can be accessed from anywhere.
Ring is a security system that launched in 2012 and has gained popularity, particularly for its video doorbells. The doorbell camera detects motion when people come to your property and you receive a notification on your phone, tablet or computer, then you can open your Ring application to see who it as your door, the Ring website says.
Ring also sells several cameras and an alarm kit that will alert you when a door or window is opened or those looking for an even more secure home, the website says.
Robot vacuum cleaners
The Roomba robot vacuum cleaner has been around for nearly two decades, launched in 2002 but having a robot doing your cleaning remains part of 2020 smart home.
iRobot products, like our Roomba robot vacuums and Braava jet robot mops, help free up time by providing a helping hand around the house. Whether its scheduling a Roomba to clean up the kitchen after dinner, or helping allergy sufferers maintain a certain level of daily clean, our products are an effective tool to get more done, and give customers back time, Public Relations Manager for iRobot, James Baussmann told the newspaper.
Today there are many robot vacuum cleaners to choose from, including the classic iRobot Roomba which now has five vacuum cleaners and three robot mops. The company has now even introduced a robot lawn mower.
iRobot Roombas sweep and vacuum up dust and debris. All of its vacuums can clean carpets, and get into the edges of your home, the iRobot website says.
Certain Roomba robot vacuums and Braava jet robot mops have mapping capabilities and can understand more complex voice commands, such as, Tell Roomba to vacuum the kitchen. There are even Roomba models that can empty themselves, automatically disposing debris into a Clean Base charging station that holds 60 days of dirt, dust, and hair, Baussmann said.
No matter what kind of smart technology you are looking to integrate into your life a hands-free assistant like the Amazon Echo, a safety expert like the Ring doorbell or a maid like the iRobot Roomba, the technology exists in 2020.
Read the original post:
- The Five Biggest Issues for Technology Companies in 2021 - The Wall Street Journal - January 17th, 2021
- Incoming White House science and technology leader on AI, diversity, and society - VentureBeat - January 17th, 2021
- Cleveland and Ohio suddenly contending in the race for technology talent: Chris Berry - cleveland.com - January 17th, 2021
- In brief: Science, Technology and Innovation Policy 2020 - BusinessLine - January 17th, 2021
- CES 2021 ELECLEAN Disinfectant Recognized by WHO Regional Office as an Innovative Technology in the Fight against COVID-19 - PRNewswire - January 17th, 2021
- How Digital Workplace Technology Will Continue to Expand After COVID-19 - CMSWire - January 17th, 2021
- Misuse of technology - The Express Tribune - January 17th, 2021
- Technology That Delivered - The Bulwark - January 17th, 2021
- Caohejing Hi-Tech Park Releases Science and Technology Innovation Index Map for 2020 - PRNewswire - January 17th, 2021
- Vaccine registration technology is failing. Heres how the Biden administration could fix it - PBS NewsHour - January 17th, 2021
- How to Level Up your Law Firm Technology and Marketing in 2021 - The National Law Review - January 17th, 2021
- What Can The Trends At Howteh Technology (GTSM:3114) Tell Us About Their Returns? - Simply Wall St - January 17th, 2021
- KBR Furthers Sustainability Commitment with Innovative Plastics Recycling Process in Alliance with Mura Technology - waste360 - January 17th, 2021
- Bloodless coups of technology - The Hindu - January 17th, 2021
- Action Items on Technology and Communication Policies in front of the Senate Commerce Committee - JD Supra - January 17th, 2021
- Is Unimicron Technology (TPE:3037) Using Too Much Debt? - Simply Wall St - January 17th, 2021
- Accelerating the Adoption of Advanced Manufacturing Technologies to Strengthen Our Public Health Infrastructure - FDA.gov - January 17th, 2021
- Health at the Forefront of Technology Announced at CES 2021 - PRNewswire - January 17th, 2021
- 4 fitness technology trends that will be popular in 2021 - YourStory - January 17th, 2021
- Illinois Democrat calls for new committee focused exclusively on information technology | TheHill - The Hill - January 17th, 2021
- Dolezal appointed chair of Senate Science and Technology Committee - Forsyth County News Online - January 17th, 2021
- Casing Macron Technology Co., Ltd. (GTSM:3325) Stock Has Shown Weakness Lately But Financials Look Strong: Should Prospective Shareholders Make The... - January 17th, 2021
- An eye on the enemy - BusinessLine - January 17th, 2021
- How carbon capture technology can add to the emissions problem - CBC.ca - January 17th, 2021
- Students harness the power of technology to address larger issues - Waterbury Republican American - January 3rd, 2021
- Banning Government Use of Face Recognition Technology: 2020 Year in Review - EFF - January 3rd, 2021
- As ice fishing gets easier because of technology, can fish withstand the onslaught? - Duluth News Tribune - January 3rd, 2021
- Technology may have helped us survive Covid-19, but at what cost? - CTech - January 3rd, 2021
- The Effects of Technology on Teens - Cat's Eye View - January 3rd, 2021
- 'Peak hype': why the driverless car revolution has stalled - The Guardian - January 3rd, 2021
- Five Microsoft technologies to watch in 2021 - ZDNet - January 3rd, 2021
- Birmingham CEO named in "100 Most Powerful Women In Technology 2020" - Bham Now - January 3rd, 2021
- Muslims and technology - DAWN.com - January 3rd, 2021
- The biggest technology failures of 2020 - MIT Technology Review - January 3rd, 2021
- Technology trends to thrive in the new normal - BusinessLine - January 3rd, 2021
- Harvard professor believes bizarre asteroid from 2017 was alien technology - SlashGear - January 3rd, 2021
- Irving-based Exela Technologies hires firm to help it explore strategic alternatives - The Dallas Morning News - January 3rd, 2021
- Century Technology Group leans on tech acquisitions to drive growth - MiBiz: West Michigan Business News - January 3rd, 2021
- Global Anti-Counterfeit Packaging Technologies Market (2020 to 2028) - Featuring 3M, Avery Dennison and Digimarc Among Others - ResearchAndMarkets.com... - January 3rd, 2021
- 5G Technologies and the Driverless Car - GlobeNewswire - January 3rd, 2021
- Inside the radical community near Kent without modern technology and where nobody is paid - Kent Live - January 3rd, 2021
- Technology In 2020: Big Tech Goes To Washington; Online Shopping Gets A Pandemic Boost - Here And Now - December 29th, 2020
- Quantum computers' power will remake competition in industries from technology to finance - MarketWatch - December 29th, 2020
- Alarm Bells Ringing On Education Technology - The Chattanoogan - December 29th, 2020
- Technology and Sustainability to Drive Recovery in the UK Facility Management Market - GlobeNewswire - December 29th, 2020
- Boomer's Blueprint: The technology physical - Accounting Today - December 29th, 2020
- How technology will help to shape the future of work in 2021 and beyond - The Star Online - December 29th, 2020
- Technology was a bright spot: Year in Review 2020 - Idaho Business Review - December 29th, 2020
- Tech platforms vowed to address racial equity: how have they fared? - The Guardian - December 29th, 2020
- Global Tissue Ablation Technologies Industry - GlobeNewswire - December 29th, 2020
- This technology could start saving lives tomorrow, but the Nationals won't let it happen - Sydney Morning Herald - December 29th, 2020
- Tackling unforeseen situations along with technological advancements - The Tribune India - December 29th, 2020
- Rebekah Jones named Forbes Technology Person of The Year - Florida Politics - December 29th, 2020
- Vaccines are the latest battleground for doctors on social media - MIT Technology Review - December 29th, 2020
- Top 10 Technology Analysts of 2020 - eWeek - December 29th, 2020
- 5 Ways To Build Trust In Cloud Technology We Saw In 2020 - Forbes - December 29th, 2020
- BRINK Explores the Technology Sector in 2020 BRINK News and Insights on Global Risk - BRINK - December 29th, 2020
- 10 Information Technology Stocks Showing Unusual Options Activity In Today's Session - Benzinga - December 29th, 2020
- Differentiated Lidar Technology Puts Luminar in the Spotlight - InvestorPlace - December 29th, 2020
- The global Green Technology and Sustainability market size to grow from USD 11.2 billion in 2020 to USD 36.6 billion by 2025, at a Compound Annual... - December 21st, 2020
- Technology that detects whisky's age is 'world first' - The Spirits Business - December 21st, 2020
- LocatorX Launches Lends-A-Hand Program and Women in Technology Group to Reflect Company Values and Mission - GlobeNewswire - December 21st, 2020
- Shenpu Technology (KIEYYUEL) Made a Stunning Appearance at the International Epidemic Prevention Exhibition - Business Wire - December 21st, 2020
- 2021 Supply Chain Technology Trends To Watch - Forbes - December 21st, 2020
- Understanding the Role of Technology in Today's Foodservice Equipment Marketplace - Total Food Service - December 21st, 2020
- Technology that went its own way in 2020 - Gearbrain - December 21st, 2020
- 2021 outlook: Here are the technologies, questions that'll matter - ZDNet - December 21st, 2020
- Group14 Technologies Powering Next Generation Of Batteries With $17M Series B - Crunchbase News - December 21st, 2020
- How the pandemic inspired creative uses of technology in 2020 - The Verge - December 21st, 2020
- Talking to the LTA innovator hoping to bring new technology to tennis - Tennis365 - December 21st, 2020
- Automotive Air Purifier Market Research Report by Technology, by Type, by Vehicle Class, by Distribution - Global Forecast to 2025 - Cumulative Impact... - December 21st, 2020
- VOTIS Subdermal Imaging Technologies And ii Ventures Announce Plans To Develop Preventative Medicine Devices To Screen For Peripheral Artery Disease... - December 21st, 2020
- 12 Emerging Technologies To Watch In 2021 - Yahoo Finance - December 21st, 2020
- These stocks are the best way to play the technology transformation mega trend, Jefferies says - CNBC - December 21st, 2020
- EPA awards grant to Marshall student team for technology project - Huntington Herald Dispatch - December 21st, 2020
- Wind generation sets another record in banner year for the technology - Current News - December 21st, 2020
- How the Massachusetts police reform bill would actually affect law enforcement use of facial recognition technology - Boston.com - December 21st, 2020
- Greenland Technologies Ramps to Over 800 Units in Monthly Sales of New Integrated Drive Train System for Electric Forklift Trucks - PRNewswire - December 21st, 2020
- Q BioMed Technology Partner Mannin Research Inc. Announced as Member of Canadian National COVID-19 Consortium - BioSpace - December 21st, 2020
- Technology will lead Iowa's business recovery - The Gazette - December 21st, 2020